Could the mark of the beast actually be a literal mark?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My advice is , let none touch the nasty thing . Take not the rfid chip nor the electromagnetic rfid ink tattoe .
BUT MOST WILL SURELY DO THIS in the coming days . Not this lamb . They can keep it . Touch not the unclean thing .
does that include rats, maggots, monkey brains and vultures?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that include rats, maggots, monkey brains and vultures?
Yeah . eat not those nasty things . I would not like to have to sit at a restuarant and hear ,
Today sir the special is rat with maggots and a side order of vulture wings and for desert frozen monkey brain . That just sounds nasty my friend .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not talking about Christians taking the mark I’m talking about non Christians. If someone takes the mark (if a literal mark) not knowing what exactly it is only to feed their family and then realizes what it is of course God would let them repent because He is the God of John 3:16.

If Paul could repent from persecuting the church then God would forgive them
Finally someone acknowledges the mercies and grace of God. This is refreshing.

Reactions: Marty fox

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t say that the saved will I’m talking about the unsaved.

People also hear about the gospel and reject it and then accept it later on in life. The point is these scriptures below guarantee salvation to all who accept.

Romans 10:13
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

1John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So are they truth or not?

Do you believe in them or not?

None of them say unless you have the mark of the beast.

Jesus stated that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin which is the constant rejection of Jesus because the Holy Spirit draws us to Jesus thus the mark of the beast has to be unrepentant devotion to the beast.

Only the scriptures can interpret the true meaning of the the scriptures

The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture
Amen, Paul was a blasphemer, yet the Lord God forgave him due to the fact it was done in ignorance.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Finally someone acknowledges the mercies and grace of God. This is refreshing.

Thank you.

If God would send His Son to die for us of course He would extend His mercy to people acting in ignorance all we have to do is know the true heart of our Father to understand this that’s why I am saying that we have to let the scriptures interpret the scriptures.

Our Father is the same Father who ran to His son in the parable of the prodigal son

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How will this non-literal mark be evident to those merchants who are required to check for this mark?
Your active and written agreement to worship according to the global authorities and the world church, will then qualify you to have access to the financial system. Easy. That form of worship of the beast is the mark of the beasts authority in religious matters. Your agreement to it and participation in it is your reception of that mark. If you conscientiously believe it a correct worship... The mark is in your forehead, your conscience which is located in the frontal lobe of your brain. If you have doubts as to it's validity, or even disagree completely, but sign up for the sake of having a roof over your head and a bank account, then it's in your hand.

Reactions: quietthinker

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re does the bible actually say that it’s a physical mark?

Reread my post that start of this thread and see the examples I gave in Exodus and Ezekiel.

I read those and those examples use words to let us know th emarks were not designed to be meant literally.

However in REv. 12:

Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

the word mark is charagma which means a stamp or imprint. that is a physicals mark and with no comparative terms like in the examples you gave, there is no reason at all to think the mark is not meant to be any other thing but a literal actual mark.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read those and those examples use words to let us know th emarks were not designed to be meant literally.

However in REv. 12:

Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

the word mark is charagma which means a stamp or imprint. that is a physicals mark and with no comparative terms like in the examples you gave, there is no reason at all to think the mark is not meant to be any other thing but a literal actual mark.
I would say there is a reason to conclude that the mark is not physical and it consists of understanding the dynamic of the Great Controversy.
The various decoys plied in the market place ensure ones focus is on everything except what matters.

Reactions: Brakelite

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your active and written agreement to worship according to the global authorities and the world church, will then qualify you to have access to the financial system. Easy. That form of worship of the beast is the mark of the beasts authority in religious matters. Your agreement to it and participation in it is your reception of that mark. If you conscientiously believe it a correct worship... The mark is in your forehead, your conscience which is located in the frontal lobe of your brain. If you have doubts as to it's validity, or even disagree completely, but sign up for the sake of having a roof over your head and a bank account, then it's in your hand.
Are you saying that God's Word is being symbolic of mind control, and there is no mark, and no economy? The whole world will be under the damnation of God? The only way to get rid of this control is to literally cut your head off, to get away from this mind control?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying that God's Word is being symbolic of mind control, and there is no mark, and no economy? The whole world will be under the damnation of God? The only way to get rid of this control is to literally cut your head off, to get away from this mind control?
KJV Revelation 14:9
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The issue is over worship.

KJV Revelation 14:11
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

It's all about worship... The cultivate between Christ and Satan since Lucifer rebelled has always been about worship...

KJV Revelation 13:7-8
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

And everyone will be deceived to worship according to the beast's demands...

KJV Revelation 13:14-15
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

So yes, it's about the mind. The whole battle between good and evil is in the mind... How you think... And in this context, how and who you worship.

KJV John 4:23-24
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Worshipping the true God in spirit and in truth must originate in mind... Once the mind is sold out to deception, truth is trampled underfoot and any worship thereon in can only be false and futile.

And the Bible tells us who it is who aren't deceived.

KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Only a remnant will be worshiping in truth and in Spirit in the last days, immediately before Christ comes to take them home as His bride. Only these will be provided for by God throughout the tribulation of those days and through the plagues.
KJV Psalms 91:1-11
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 14:9
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The issue is over worship.

KJV Revelation 14:11
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

It's all about worship... The cultivate between Christ and Satan since Lucifer rebelled has always been about worship...

KJV Revelation 13:7-8
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

And everyone will be deceived to worship according to the beast's demands...

KJV Revelation 13:14-15
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

So yes, it's about the mind. The whole battle between good and evil is in the mind... How you think... And in this context, how and who you worship.

KJV John 4:23-24
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Worshipping the true God in spirit and in truth must originate in mind... Once the mind is sold out to deception, truth is trampled underfoot and any worship thereon in can only be false and futile.

And the Bible tells us who it is who aren't deceived.

KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Only a remnant will be worshiping in truth and in Spirit in the last days, immediately before Christ comes to take them home as His bride. Only these will be provided for by God throughout the tribulation of those days and through the plagues.
KJV Psalms 91:1-11
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Except we are not talking about the worship part.

We are talking about a physical mark on the physical body.

Excessively talking about and looking expectantly for an AC can be construed as worship. That has been the analysis of a few presidential candidates lately and the political fervor of certain campaigns. The AC is not even a political leader. Chapter 13 has been portrayed wrongly for decades. So even the church has been conditioned for this time of worship coming upon the earth.

The mark is not about worship. The mark is more about a baptism of fire, than being highly emotional and giving one's heart in worship to Satan.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except we are not talking about the worship part.

We are talking about a physical mark on the physical body.

Excessively talking about and looking expectantly for an AC can be construed as worship. That has been the analysis of a few presidential candidates lately and the political fervor of certain campaigns. The AC is not even a political leader. Chapter 13 has been portrayed wrongly for decades. So even the church has been conditioned for this time of worship coming upon the earth.

The mark is not about worship. The mark is more about a baptism of fire, than being highly emotional and giving one's heart in worship to Satan.
Then I pray for you because of you don't know who the beast is, you will not recognise the mark, especially in thinking it's physical. You'll be accepting it and not even know. Remember... Is deception.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say there is a reason to conclude that the mark is not physical and it consists of understanding the dynamic of the Great Controversy.
The various decoys plied in the market place ensure ones focus is on everything except what matters.

You can come up with all the reasons you wish! but there is only on ereason that matters. GODS WORD calls it a physical mark and that is what matters. All the philosphizing in the world does not change that simple fact. There were enormous ways God could have inspired John to write if e did not mean a literal mark, but He didn't.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im not talking about Christians taking the mark I’m talking about non Christians. If someone takes the mark (if a literal mark) not knowing what exactly it is only to feed their family and then realizes what it is of course God would let them repent because He is the God of John 3:16.

If Paul could repent from persecuting the church then God would forgive them
These events precede the most tumultuous, earth shattering, historically momentous event in the history of mankind. The second coming of Jesus in glory. The final climax of human history. The fate of mankind decided. The judgment made, eternal rewards granted, the sheep and goats divided. No second chances. No further developments. No more decisions to make. All will be done and dusted. The mark of the beast is the last tipping point. It is the final test of faithfulness. And if God is the God of faithfulness... Grace... Mercy... And infinite love we all believe Him to be, then we can all be absolutely assured I believe that at the very end, people will have made their decisions according to their love for truth. Most will be deceived. They will not know they have received the mark. They won't recognize it as they won't recognize the beast. They will be worshiping the beast asking with the world... The universal false Christ dressed in the garb of sanctity and love... But underneath the dragon.
The true followers of Christ... The lovers of truth... Will not be deceived. They will know what the mark is. In fact, discussions and debates concerning the mark... The apostate Babylon... The events surrounding the new global authority... The claims to religious power and truth by the beast... Will be headline news and the stuff off panel discussions the world over. No-one will be left in ignorance... Unless they choose to be.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the seal of God... The Father's name written in the forehead...a physical mark?

Different word with different meaning.

Mark is charagma which AFAIK always is a literal physical mark.

Seal is sphragazo which is mostly used of a non literal mark. IN the future it could very well mean a literal mark in the tribulation. REv. 7&9 could be either literal or the normal non literal use. but now it is a non literal mark as Ephesisans 1 and 4 show which means st apart (its more common definition)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true followers of Christ... The lovers of truth... Will not be deceived. They will know what the mark is. In fact, discussions and debates concerning the mark..
The true followers of Christ after the Second Coming will not even be on earth during the time of this physical mark.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true followers of Christ after the Second Coming will not even be on earth during the time of this physical mark.

Yeah they will! they are the ones that will enter the millenial kingdom on earth as is said by Jesus in Matt. 24. they are the ones that endured to teh end without taking th emark and helping the 144,000 or th ejews.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice is , let none touch the nasty thing . Take not the rfid chip nor the electromagnetic rfid ink tattoe .
BUT MOST WILL SURELY DO THIS in the coming days . Not this lamb . They can keep it . Touch not the unclean thing .

Well as the church will not be here when the mark of the beast is instituted, we need not worry about whether or not we can take the mark! But I asgree with you, I see no valid reason to knowingly inject myself with an rfid chip. they already can follow us via our smart phones.