Covid-19 is not a hoax (it's way worse than the flu)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We do not pay much attention to it here. We never have. Everything is open, people working, going to restaurants, few masks in stores or schools. There has been times here that the hospital had no Covid patients.

This mask thing is serious. This propaganda thing is crazy. People believe just about anything and do not realize they are being manipulated. Even if it defies all logic. How can a mask get you killed? False sense of security. Oh my gosh! Josho your breath is thicker...bigger than any Covid virus. If you can breath through a mask the Covid will pass through and not even touch the fabric of even the best mask. The fit between the face and the mask might as well be a 4 lane highway. The only mask that is going to work is a very fine filtered mask that takes a suction on your face. Those painter's masks with double filters...in this case special filters or a military mask that covers the whole face, including the eyes and takes a suction on the face. Your breath is thicker than the Covid virus....common sense. And of course the cloth masks are useless.

Advise....The masks can give a false sense of security. If we are going to suggest advise....tell the elderly and unhealthy to reduce their travel. Have someone else go get their food and supplies....Safe outdoor activities are important for phycological reasons. Eat a well balanced diet take multi-vitamins...extra C and A and D and Zinc...some sunlight.

Well there's currently no known covid cases in our local area either, it's called small country towns with low populations, heaps of trees, creeks, mountains, and they are a blessing to live in during these times. ;)

If masks didn't work, then the majority of well educated doctors and nurses wouldn't be wearing them....

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well there's currently no known covid cases in our local area either, it's called small country towns with low populations, heaps of trees, creeks, mountains, and they are a blessing to live in during these times. ;)

If masks didn't work, then the majority of well educated doctors and nurses wouldn't be wearing them....

Actually this is one of the best prevention measures, stay away from the cities, don't go to crowded places and the chances of catching Covid go down like 99.9%.

And no there's no need to google that one. :p

Reactions: Grailhunter

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not pay much attention to it here. We never have. Everything is open, people working, going to restaurants, few masks in stores or schools. There has been times here that the hospital had no Covid patients.

This mask thing is serious. This propaganda thing is crazy. People believe just about anything and do not realize they are being manipulated. Even if it defies all logic. How can a mask get you killed? False sense of security. Oh my gosh! Josho your breath is thicker...bigger than any Covid virus. If you can breath through a mask the Covid will pass through and not even touch the fabric of even the best mask. The fit between the face and the mask might as well be a 4 lane highway. The only mask that is going to work is a very fine filtered mask that takes a suction on your face. Those painter's masks with double filters...in this case special filters or a military mask that covers the whole face, including the eyes and takes a suction on the face. Your breath is thicker than the Covid virus....common sense. And of course the cloth masks are useless.

Advise....The masks can give a false sense of security. If we are going to suggest advise....tell the elderly and unhealthy to reduce their travel. Have someone else go get their food and supplies....Safe outdoor activities are important for phycological reasons. Eat a well balanced diet take multi-vitamins...extra C and A and D and Zinc...some sunlight.
Masks can stop someone with COVID-19 from coughing out their virus on everyone else. It suppresses the distance that the cough will reach.

Reactions: Josho

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I believe common sense says a mask acts like a barrier of protection, say if you don't have a mask on, then you don't have a barrier in front of your mouth and nose, I can see how a mask can potentially block a virus from landing in your mouth or nose, while it's not a 100% prevention measure, I believe it reduces the chances of catching and spreading covid.

Josho, Even common sense and logic must give way to the physics of filtration by media. The "argument" of this "barrier" has the same relative value and application of saying a chicken wire fence will protect you from a shotgun blast because some of the pellets will invariably be blocked and deflected by the wire. "Statistically" that is a valid premise from an academic perspective and could even be "proven true" in controlled testing but I don't recommend you being the actual test subject because odds are with all variables on the table it will be one of those "The operation was a success but the patient died" scenarios.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really is time for people to use common sense.

Josho doctors and nurses have always wore them. So lets take this scenario. You and I are part of a surgical team. We always wear masks in surgery... Why? Our masks are for protecting the patient. The masks are there to protect the patient from our breath. The masks are there to protect the patient from our coughs or sneezes. The masks are not there to protect the patient from Covid. Of course if we have Covid we should not be there....but....if we do have Covid and we cough or sneeze...the virus is going to go all directions, the mask is not going to help that.

And as far as the medical administration...they are part of this issue. The have done everything they can to make it worse. Little Nazi Fauci yelling into the camera that Hydroquinone will kill you! A drug that has been used for over 60 years and proven safer than Tylenol. How many people died because they ran a campaign against anything that would treat Covid. This goes on and on.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you think it's made up, what's the aim? What are they trying to achieve?
Actually, I don't "think" its made up- its factually made up. (posting as a legitimate SME in the relevant subject matter reviewing false information and knowing it is and able to refute every single point)

Now to "why"

I have speculated on that (knowing what the truth is NOT helps a bit in eliminating possibilities but doesn't help in identifying possible ones)

My current "best guess" is 2 fold (parallel objective) and in no particular order

1) They know we have the internet and look up things for ourselves so they must create some "placebo" to serve as a "plausible" story to justify wearing masks in order to have a visual reminder that we "face death" since we cannot see the actual disease. ( because we don't have bodies piling up in the streets) so the physical sign of a mask combined with the cooked propaganda both are necessary to shore up the lie of the scamdemic.

2) This is an exercise in testing the will of the sheeple in order to determine the level and requirement of methods to control and break the will of the people.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, that's incorrect, anecdotal and speculative. That's a false dichotomy comparison.

Medical professionals ( myself as a medic back in the day even) wore various barriers to protect against splash contact and particulate contamination which is common in industry and health care dating back a century- this is nothing new in those protocols)

People who really work around pathogens and other dangerous agents wear pressurized equipment that's impermeable with proper decontamination procedures.

Technically "if they worked"- we wouldn't be having the cases we have. (That argument works both ways)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Masks can stop someone with COVID-19 from coughing out their virus on everyone else. It suppresses the distance that the cough will reach.
Coughing or sneezing is a pressurized spread. Covid is smaller than your breath. Pour water through a strainer, that is what you have. Don't count on it. Distance is the best when you see someone coughing or sneezing. The mask will suppress the distance that the germs and bacteria and spit will travel....we are not talking about germs or bacteria. As I said, false sense of security. If you are coughing or sneezing....get away from people...do not go out in public.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coughing or sneezing is a pressurized spread. Covid is smaller than your breath. Pour water through a strainer, that is what you have. Don't count on it. Distance is the best when you see someone coughing or sneezing. The mask will suppress the distance that the germs and bacteria and spit will travel....we are not talking about germs or bacteria. As I said, false sense of security. If you are coughing or sneezing....get away from people...do not go out in public.
Sure but it's not me and the elderly and ill that we have to worry about that are coughing. It's the arrogant ideas that spread the COVID. And if they require masks that may save lives. It's factually evident that masks control the spread of the virus. See the ncbi.gov article. (Can face masks offer protection from airborne sneeze and cough droplets in close-up, face-to-face human interactions?—A quantitative study)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It really is time for people to use common sense.

Josho doctors and nurses have always wore them. So lets take this scenario. You and I are part of a surgical team. We always wear masks in surgery... Why? Our masks are for protecting the patient. The masks are there to protect the patient from our breath. The masks are there to protect the patient from our coughs or sneezes. The masks are not there to protect the patient from Covid. Of course if we have Covid we should not be there....but....if we do have Covid and we cough or sneeze...the virus is going to go all directions, the mask is not going to help that.

So why would it protect the patients from coughs and sneezes but not covid?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Grailhunter there is actually a post on here somewhere, one of our members actually gave a testimony of how the mask prevented his son from catching the virus, I should see if I can find the post.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually it isn't.
My son and everyone at his job had to wear masks...one person came in only a little sick but was wearing her mask...she got sent home and her symptoms got worse. She later tested positive.

My son hasn't caught the virus because he and everyone (especially the sick girl) was wearing a mask. It's more about protecting everyone else than you. But it helps you too.

Is this proof enough masks reduce chances of catching and spreading Covid?

Reactions: dev553344

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll answer that. Lets convert it into mechanical principals.

The cough/sneeze is simply the "air cannon"- the projectiles are skin particles, droplets etc. (imagine shooting a water hose at various screens)

The fibers reduce velocity, and disperse both force and volume thus "trapping" the matter ( depending on the media, weave, density, layering of the filter media)

If one were to touch the mask- it would create a physical capillary for the transmission and negate the value of the capturing so technically the mask isn't "filtering". That's more of an advertising term misapplied.

In the case of any pathogen ( living organism)- the organism is inside the carrier and has the ability to leave. ( notice the selective wording of all these articles saying it traps the "droplets"- they NEVER say that capture or prohibit the passage of the pathogen)

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is actually a post on here somewhere, one of our members actually gave a testimony of how the mask prevented his son from catching the virus, I should see if I can find the post.

Testimony is a personal account and no matter how well meaning or sincere the story simply cannot prove to a legitimate empirical scientific standard that a mask actually did anything.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, your breath...germs...bacterial are thousands of times larger than Covid. Germs and bacteria can be seen under a normal microscope....Covid cannot be seen under an optical microscope. Medical masks and scenarios are designed to protect against germs and bacteria. Covid passes through with little restriction...

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It time for people to use common sense. There is so much disinformation going around… that actually can lead to your death. Whether it is an intent to kill or just incompetencey from the highest levels of the medical community or the government….

Covid-19 is a virus, whether it is a naturally occurring virus or a bio-logical weapon, it is still a virus…this one is just more serious. Now if it makes you feel good to wear a mask, have a blast. But I can tell you a better choice…you do not see a whole lot of studies of how Covid is transmitted and again that makes me suspicious. Around here we go to sporting events…shoulder to shoulder and yelling in each other’s faces, no masks….St. Louis is ate up with Covid…we go up there to sporting events, no masks.

20210820_193305.jpg

Now this is my observation….ask yourself….how many people do you see in Walmart coughing and hacking….about ready to keel over? If they are that bad, they are at home or in the hospital….I have been shoulder to shoulder at activates in cities and two states… St. Louis and the state of Illinois are full of Covid. Me or my family have not been sick of anything. But if I send you pictures, we maybe shoulder to shoulder but we are not kissing or putting our hands on other people’s faces….Touch!

It is my opinion that it is touch and surfaces that make up the majority of the actual successful transmissions of the virus. So it is my advice and my opinion that disposable gloves will protect you far more than a mask. When you go out in public, wear disposable gloves and only touch what you have to. Dispose of the gloves before you enter your car.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, your breath...germs...bacterial are thousands of times larger than Covid. Germs and bacterial can be seen under a normal microscope....Covid cannot be seen under an optical microscope. Medical masks and scenarios are designed to protect against germs and bacteria. Covid passes through with little restriction...
That is not correct. Covid is not airborn, it exists in the water vapor that comes out of your lungs, mouth and throat. Any bacteria will spread the same way, traveling in water vapors. What are you imagining, covid growing wings and flying out of your body on it's own? No it requires a transmission medium, and that medium is large enough to be stopped by masks.

Reactions: Josho

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not correct. Covid is not airborn, it exists in the water vapor that comes out of your lungs, mouth and throat. Any bacteria will spread the same way, traveling in water vapors. What are you imagining, covid growing wings and flying out of your body on it's own? No it requires a transmission medium, and that medium is large enough to be stopped by masks.

He is correct and your opinion is tainted by false information put out ( not by your own doing so let me be clear on that)

Virus are gram negative ( extremely light to the point that almost anything will put them in suspension). It doesn't "exist" in water vapor- it is simply attached to water vapor ( or attached to the surface of anything)- it can detach and "ride" too.

It can transmit by the media (as a passenger) or sit on the surface and wait for direct transfer.

It can transmit to the inside of a mask- saturate its way through then hitch a ride on anything that touched the mask then goes to something else.

Try this test- wet a mask with any type of dye and touch it then touch other stuff- the actual pathogen transfers that same way up to the concentration of the dose ( number of pathogens by count)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok here we go. Covid is not a germ or a bacteria. Now can it hitch a ride on moisture? Yes. Does it separate from the moisture when it goes through the mask? Most definitely, no reason that it would not. Covid does not adhere to moisture...its just in it. Then again, how far does air born Covid travel? From your mouth...I am thinking not far, but that is the point, Covid does not have legs or wings. It can be pushed out by your breath and carried by the wind....and how long it exist in the air, no one knows. But I believe it would be much more contagious if it could be effective in the air.

Reactions: dev553344