Creation Science Seminar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me offer an idea.

Moses tells us (as recorded in scripture) that in the beginning, the earth was formless and void.

The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

-in the beginning (of this episode)
-He's telling a story. It's imagery that he is relating to us, not something that he was witness to. Do you see that? It's the equivalent of the modern- 'Once upon a time' which doesn't have to refer to a fairy tale, but simply--- earlier.
I'd like to offer a different idea. It's all true, and God is telling us truth.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could that have happened before Moses begins his story? Of course it could. Could it have happened more than once? Of course.
And in 6 days God created heaven and earth and everything in them, Exodus 20. Everything harmonizes if correctly understood.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, in the beginning of Moses' telling the earth is formless and void. That's not how it was created.
But it WAS in fact created in stages. God didn't just create a fully formed earth.

See below . . . this is beginning to be formed, but still remains mostly empty. But that doesn't tell you anything about whether something was first torn down. Or if there was nothing there before.

shutterstock_268594328_small.jpg

The Bible tells us about that, though, in the Law, In six days . . . as previous referrenced.

Much love!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words. And you go on the say they were still fallible. And therefore I guess you don't believe all the Bible, is that it?

God's Words:

God-breathed
As they were carried by the Spirit.

Jeremiah 1:9 KJV
9) Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Ezekiel 6:1 KJV
1) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

And on it goes.

I believe it.

Much love!

I believe EVERY word of it. "The word (logos) of the LORD came to me, saying....

Reactions: marks

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in 6 days God created heaven and earth and everything in them, Exodus 20. Everything harmonizes if correctly understood.

Much love!

Except you have to ignore, archeology, paleontology, biology, genetics and human history.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it WAS in fact created in stages. God didn't just create a fully formed earth.

See below . . . this is beginning to be formed, but still remains mostly empty. But that doesn't tell you anything about whether something was first torn down. Or if there was nothing there before.

shutterstock_268594328_small.jpg

The Bible tells us about that, though, in the Law, In six days . . . as previous referrenced.

Much love!

Six days and then a seventh. And then a new week.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe EVERY word of it. "The word (logos) of the LORD came to me, saying....

Then there is something you wrote that I don't understand:

So if men were inspired to write, who was it writing? Men. The wrote as they were led to do. Are you spirit-led? Do you respond to the prompting of the spirit? I certainly hope so. Does that make you and all you do infallible? I guarantee not.

I took this to mean you were saying the writer were fallible in their writing of Scripture. Did I misunderstand? I'll be very happy to have been wrong!

Much love!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wonder about how to explain the fossils, and dinosaurs? Cave men? The Ice Age? How do all these relate to a Bible that seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6,000 years old? What about the "millions and millions of years"?

Watch as Kent Hovind shows how the geology and history of the earth confirm, and not contradict, God's Word, the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6-cVj-ZRivqKeqAklhYfFFmmAdvwcnCT

Much love!
I'm all for supporting the Biblical viewpoint but please find someone other than Kent Hovind to make your case. The man is a fraud and got his degree from a diploma mill. Kent Hovind - Wikipedia

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm all for supporting the Biblical viewpoint but please find someone other than Kent Hovind to make your case. The man is a fraud and got his degree from a diploma mill. Kent Hovind - Wikipedia
Have you watched his series?

I'm wondering what you found false.

Regarding his education, what do you find false about that?

Much love!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you watched his series?

I'm wondering what you found false.

Regarding his education, what do you find false about that?

Much love!
Read his Wikepedia page. Click on politics and conspiracy theories and legal problems.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read his Wikepedia page. Click on politics and conspiracy theories and legal problems.
I've followed this fellow for years, I'm well aware of his legal issues and all that. He's got a his share of detractors. Wikipedia isn't the best commentary of Christians, they have a liberal agenda. Lots of good information on that site but I don't find fair treatment of Christians and Christianity.

Personally, I find his information to be excellent.

Much love!

Reactions: Mr E

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've followed this fellow for years, I'm well aware of his legal issues and all that. He's got a his share of detractors. Wikipedia isn't the best commentary of Christians, they have a liberal agenda. Lots of good information on that site but I don't find fair treatment of Christians and Christianity.

Personally, I find his information to be excellent.

Much love!
Please read the article I posted. Unmasking the False Prophet of Creationism | National Center for Science Education I can't take him seriously

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yawn. He is opinionated for sure. And like many Christians, he resorts to smarmy ridicule and trite churchy catchphrases that he thinks are clever, but aren't particularly well thought through.
Antisemitism, pseudoscience, and income tax evasion are a bad combination

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antisemitism, pseudoscience, and income tax evasion are a bad combination

But the NCSE-- totally credible.

NCSE works with teachers, parents, scientists, and concerned citizens at the local, state, and national levels to ensure that topics including evolution and climate change are taught accurately, honestly, and confidently.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the NCSE-- totally credible.

NCSE works with teachers, parents, scientists, and concerned citizens at the local, state, and national levels to ensure that topics including evolution and climate change are taught accurately, honestly, and confidently.
I don't agree with their agenda but they are right about Hovind. He does more harm than good. They used his own words, check the sources Hovind free from jail, back in Pensacola At least Ken Ham actually believes what he's teaching. I can't be sure about Hovind

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is accurate as to the age of the people mentioned but that surely doesn't say that's how old the earth is just how long the people lived
Every creation day begins and ends with evening and morning. And so it is with the 1st day the heaven and the earth were created The first day of creation ending with evening and morning too. A 24 hour period