Creation Science Seminar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wonder about how to explain the fossils, and dinosaurs? Cave men? The Ice Age? How do all these relate to a Bible that seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6,000 years old? What about the "millions and millions of years"?

Watch as Kent Hovind shows how the geology and history of the earth confirm, and not contradict, God's Word, the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6-cVj-ZRivqKeqAklhYfFFmmAdvwcnCT

Much love!
The earth is definitely over 6k yrs old Marks, but we believe humans have been on it for around that time

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with their agenda but they are right about Hovind. He does more harm than good. They used his own words, check the sources Hovind free from jail, back in Pensacola At least Ken Ham actually believes what he's teaching. I can't be sure about Hovind

Say what you will, I'm not defending his character, but he's right on evolution while the NCSE is dead wrong and damaging children for life.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say what you will, I'm not defending his character, but he's right on evolution while the NCSE is dead wrong and damaging children for life.
I was taught evolution in public school over 40 years ago. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. But teaching falsehoods is not helpful either.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every creation day begins and ends with evening and morning. And so it is with the 1st day the heaven and the earth were created The first day of creation ending with evening and morning too. A 24 hour period
On a mechanical clock, back then people didn't know the time at dusk and dawn, it's 18min each with no shadow of the sun to gauge time nor stars visible to count.

MO Inspired for that reason, we know dusk and dawn alone doesn't make a complete 24 day, theres midday and midnight as well.

Last edited:

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On a mechanical clock, back then people didn't know the time at dusk and dawn, it's 18min each with no shadow of the sun to gauge time nor stars visible to count.

MO Inspired for that reason, we know dusk and dawn alone doesn't make a complete 24 day, theres midday and midnight as well.
It doesn’t matter about the 18 minutes with no shadow of the sun to gauge time it still doesn’t distract from a 24 hour period. And evening ( night time ) morning: ( day time ) does include midnight and midday too. We do have extremities like the Arctic and Antarctic and other places where you can have up to 24 hours of night and 24 hours of daytime. The seasons do vary on how much daylight and evening we do receive. But that doesn’t distract from the 24 hour period. BeyondET we don’t fully know what the old world knew perhaps we vastly underestimate their IQ and what they really knew especially when it comes to time and the tick tock. But we do know that Adam & Eve were best of the best of humanity had. And were Created perfect with every faculty without flaw until the fall. The evening and the morning were clearly understood to be a 24 hour period by the Hebrews as dictated by God unto Moses.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t matter about the 18 minutes with no shadow of the sun to gauge time it still doesn’t distract from a 24 hour period. And evening ( night time ) morning: day time does include midnight and midday too. We do have extremities like the Arctic and Antarctic and other places where you can have up to 24 hours of night and 24 hours of daytime. The seasons do vary on how much daylight and evening we do receive too but that doesn’t distract from the 24 hour period. BeyondET we don’t fully know what the old world knew perhaps we vastly underestimate their IQ and what they really knew. But we do know that Adam & Eve were best of the best of humanity had. Created perfect and with every faculty and without flaw until the fall. The evening and the morning were clearly understood to be a 24 hour period by the Hebrews as dictated by God unto Moses.
How old do you believe the earth is?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks ~

Hi. Interesting Topic. And no, have not looked at the videos. Don’t presently have a spare 12 hours. However...

Order and Way of God is always intriguing.
Gods Order reveals First, next, last, and Last is also the First.
Gods Way reveals Knowledge Bit by Bit, Little by Little, paralleled to What mens Eyes can see.

“Some” brief background reasoning for my own personal view.

Gen 1: [1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

...continued Knowledge reveals, that which God CREATES, He further MAKES something About each of His Specific Creations.
* heaven(S) (levels of sort) and * earth having (levels of sorts).

...In layman’s simplicity, in my view;
The heaven, IS Gods Estate, Pure Light, Beyond the stars, planets, darkness that man can not see. (Scientists have observed what they call Black Holes. Can’t see in the black holes, but somewhat have concluded, no Light escapes from such identified Black Holes.)
More about The heaven and heavens, but this thread is about the Earth.

The Earth; By Definition IS: DRY LAND.
Gen 1: [10] And God called the dry land Earth;

With consideration of Gen 1 Knowledge;
No knowledge of Water having a Beginning.
No knowledge of WET land having a Beginning.

Is knowledge of Waters Being Divided.
Is knowledge of Void, Dark, Shapeless WET Land.

Further Knowledge...
Void is without life.
Dark is without light.
Shapeless is without form.
Wet is not dry.
Man can SEE Water, on land, (Seas, lakes, rivers)
Man can SEE Water, in the air. (Rain, Mist, Fog, Clouds)
Water ... * back to a Heaven reference...

Gen 1:
[6] And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
[7] And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
[8] And God called the firmament Heaven.

* Personal conclusion;
* Water “Beginning” is NOT revealed to us.
* Water “Divisions” IS Revealed to us “Having a Beginning”.
* WET Land (dark, shapeless, void) is NOT Revealed to us “Having a Beginning”.
* DRY Land (dark, light, form, Life) IS Revealed to us “Having a Beginning”.
* LIFE upon, in, of the DRY LAND and the seas Gathered about the DRY Land IS Revealed to us “Having a Beginning”.

* Further knowledge.
* AFTER God Created DRY LAND, and Made DRY LAND (to have Form, Dark, Light, Life)....
* God BECAME disappointed, mad, angry, WITH the Earth’s LIFE.
His anger increased to Wrath. His wrath increased to such a heightened degree, God Decided to send His Tribulations...TO: DESTROY...
The EARTH...ie DRY LAND...The Earth’s LIFE ... WITH WATER.

WHAT WATER?
* Water send DOWN from the Heavens. (Gen 7:4)
* Water sent UP from WITHIN the Earth. (Gen 7:11)

* Personal Conclusion

* EARTH, DRY LAND, (form, night, light, Life) HAS/HAD a BEGINNING...
...which BY, THROUGH, OF, revealed generational Knowledge ranges about the 6,000 year mark.
* EARTH, DRY LAND; By, Through, Of, Gods Will and Power, WAS DESTROYED, BY causing the DRY LAND to be engulfed with WATER.
* The EARTH’s (form, night, light Life) WAS NOT DESTROYED.
* The EARTH’s (form) WAS Altered, (Likely by default of shear Force of the Water.)

AND WHY? WHY was God, disappointed, mad, angry, WITH the Earth’s LIFE?

* Personal Conclusion
** Favorable TO God:
Gen 4:
[26] And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
** Disappointing TO God;

Gen 6:
[11] The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
[12] And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

* Personal Conclusion
** ManKIND of every generation, has a beginning of ignorance, is naturally Born Against God, (ie manKINDS SIN), has ample opportunity to Freely Choose to Hear, Learn bit by bit About the Lord God, to what extent thereof of per their own will, or not.
** ManKIND is WITHOUT excuse to Reject God.
** ManKIND “who” does Reject God, SHALL be Rejected and Destroyed and Forgotten By God.
** ManKIND IS AGAIN, BROADLY...becoming Increasingly Disappointing to God. Rejecting God, Corrupt, Violent. AND FURTHER...
PROMOTING and ADVOCATING their Rejection of God, their Corruption, their Violence....Openly AS A BADGE of PRIDE!

The Earth; Dry Land is approx 6,000 years old.
The Earth; Dry Land WAS Destroyed with WATER.
The Earth; Dry Land WAS Restored BY Gods Power: (Gen. 8:1)
The Earth; Dry Land SHALL be Destroyed by FIRE: (2 Pet 3:10)
The Earth; DRY Land SHALL be ReNEWED BY Gods Power: (Isa 66:2)
The Earth; Dry Land, Form, Light, IS Everlasting. (Eph 3:21)
OF The Earth; Darkness, SHALL BE Overcome with LIGHT. (2 Cor 4:6)
OF The Earths; Living inhabitants, SOME shall be Everlasting (1 Jn 5:4)
OF The Earths; Living inhabitants, SOME shall be Destroyed.(Mt 10:28)
DEATH, shall Be OVERCOME, DESTROYED, Forgotten. (1 Cor 15:54)
The Present DIVISIONS between Heaven and Earth SHALL be Opened;
(Matt 6:10 ~Rev 21:1-5)

Ecc 1:
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
[14] I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t matter about the 18 minutes with no shadow of the sun to gauge time it still doesn’t distract from a 24 hour period. And evening ( night time ) morning: ( day time ) does include midnight and midday too. We do have extremities like the Arctic and Antarctic and other places where you can have up to 24 hours of night and 24 hours of daytime. The seasons do vary on how much daylight and evening we do receive. But that doesn’t distract from the 24 hour period. BeyondET we don’t fully know what the old world knew perhaps we vastly underestimate their IQ and what they really knew especially when it comes to time and the tick tock. But we do know that Adam & Eve were best of the best of humanity had. And were Created perfect with every faculty without flaw until the fall. The evening and the morning were clearly understood to be a 24 hour period by the Hebrews as dictated by God unto Moses.
It matters when you think in today's time. When it was inspired the people did not know of a 24 hour day. thus dusk and dawn was elusive to them. And the point is no one knows how long creation of the universe and the billions of galaxies with in it was. Evening and morning could of very well been on the galactic scale.

The bible states their limited knowledge of time, sundials in the daylight and watches in the night which was star counting except when it was cloudy time went out the window they didn't know what time it was only the sun setting or rising nothing in-between.
If earth rotation was to stop good bye to 24 hours a day.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wonder about how to explain the fossils, and dinosaurs? Cave men? The Ice Age? How do all these relate to a Bible that seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6,000 years old? What about the "millions and millions of years"?
Much love!

Wonder about fossils, dinosaurs, men dwelling in caves, ice age..?
No. :)

Things Live, Things Die, Some Things are preserved IN the Earth, Things seek shelter, Things Freeze, Things Thaw...nothing new, still observed today.

Reactions: marks and BeyondET

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 years, nor does it say to count anything. people started adding things up and saying it is 6000 years it's simply a assumption.

The Bible doesn’t SAY 6,000 years old.
The Bible doesn’t SAY count the generations revealed.

Who CAN count the number of men?
Who CAN count the number of days?

I believe we are privy to history of what was, and signs and estimations of what shall be.
I believe the Lord God is All knowing, men are not.

Reactions: marks

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible doesn’t SAY 6,000 years old.
The Bible doesn’t SAY count the generations revealed.

Who CAN count the number of men?
Who CAN count the number of days?

I believe we are privy to history of what was, and signs and estimations of what shall be.
I believe the Lord God is All knowing, men are not.
Who can count the number of stars and pronounce each stars name?

The word day in English means one thing 24 hours, the original language Yom has multiple meanings but for some reason people want to stick to the English meaning of day and that's it. People won't even consider the other meanings of Yom.

Reactions: Mr E

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth is definitely over 6k yrs old Marks, but we believe humans have been on it for around that time

I disagree.
Premise...Earth IS, DRY LAND.
* Wet Land certainly may have existed longer than 6,000 years, (void of form, light, life).

Scientists conducting experiments on DRY LAND, with man-made calculating instruments, give me no WOW moment, to a consider a conclusion, DRY LAND existed millions of years BEFORE Adam was Formed out of the Earth’s Dry Land.

Glory to God,
Taken

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one would consider that God created everything in a day, it's a example of yom/day representing a entire week.
Yom can mean 24 hours or a week or a year or a undefined length of time.

Genesis 2:4 "...in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who can count the number of stars and pronounce each stars name?

The word day in English means one thing 24 hours, the original language Yom has multiple meaning but for some reason people today want to stick to the English meaning of day and that's it. People won't even consider the other meanings of Yom.

24 hours is a (routine yearly tinkering with Time, the World at Large Accepts for advantaged communication and business operations)...
Beginning and Ending, via Greenwich, England “MEAN” Time, and World divisions of Time “Zones”, and the addition of complicating matters with “Daylight Savings”.

Calendars ... Solar, Lunar....man desperately trying to MANAGE TIME...

Gods design...A day; dark to light, light to dark...
Aside from men creating and COUNTING calendar days...

I tend to believe Gods Big Picture, was more simple.
When an individual man IS naturally born.....
He hearing and learning about God, IS that mans “this” DAY to Choose, Whom He Shall Serve, (Josh 24:15) spiritually moving that man FROM Darkness INTO the Light, once and forever. (Rom 8:39)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: BeyondET

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It matters when you think in today's time. When it was inspired the people did not know of a 24 hour day. thus dusk and dawn was elusive to them. And the point is no one knows how long creation of the universe and the billions of galaxies with in it was. Evening and morning could of very well been on the galactic scale.

The bible states their limited knowledge of time, sundials in the daylight and watches in the night which was star counting except when it was cloudy time went out the window they didn't know what time it was only the sun setting or rising nothing in-between.
If earth rotation was to stop good bye to 24 hours a day.
You do say when it was cloudy all sundials, night watch and navigation by the stars went out the window. BeyondET you be surely right. But storms do not last forever even in the darkest of darkest times or darkest of nights. The Sun does eventually shine through and then we are back to the reality of a 24 hour cycle again.Nothing has changed the evening and morning still be the same. You than go on to state our limited knowledge be that of the present or of the past and of the future. Yes. But are you not forgetting something that God in all his Divine wisdom has given us a Divine book to guide us in matters of truth, that does enlighten his people very much. If the rotation of the earth were to stop you say. It be goodbye to us ? Maybe not. BeyondET the bible be a rather geocentric book don’t you think. : )

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Prim Here is a good verse to remember also:

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." (Hebrews 11.3)

Reactions: Prim and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught evolution in public school over 40 years ago. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. But teaching falsehoods is not helpful either.

I believe typical public Schools introducing...“evolution” was initiated AS a “Theory”, but by teaching “methods” taught as a FACT....

Kids viewing, hearing, drawing, re-enforcing young impressionable MINDS...of an APE “becoming” A MAN....imo, as intended, was a beginning of days when, Local control of Schooling children was sneakily, cleverly, being removed from the Parents Control “TO:” Governments Control....and the “explosion and aftermath” of Governments “absorbing” total Control of children’s Education...has BECOME TAINTED with deceit and wickedness.

Personally, I am glad to see, Parents not enrolling and withdrawing from enrollment, their children from Government Controlled Public Education
Indoctrination Systems.
Not particularly enthusiastic about Parents “ASKING” the Government Controlled Public Education Systems, “TO” be considerate of PARENTS desires they NOT introduce “their children” to deceit and corrupt teachings...”aint’ going to happen”. Governments no longer Serve the People.

Reactions: Mr E and Prim

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe typical public Schools introducing...“evolution” was initiated AS a “Theory”, but by teaching “methods” taught as a FACT....

Kids viewing, hearing, drawing, re-enforcing young impressionable MINDS...of an APE “becoming” A MAN....imo, as intended, was a beginning of days when, Local control of Schooling children was sneakily, cleverly, being removed from the Parents Control “TO:” Governments Control....and the “explosion and aftermath” of Governments “absorbing” total Control of children’s Education...has BECOME TAINTED with deceit and wickedness.

Personally, I am glad to see, Parents not enrolling and withdrawing from enrollment, their children from Government Controlled Public Education
Indoctrination Systems.
Not particularly enthusiastic about Parents “ASKING” the Government Controlled Public Education Systems, “TO” be considerate of PARENTS desires they NOT introduce “their children” to deceit and corrupt teachings...”aint’ going to happen”. Governments no longer Serve the People.
Evolution does not teach that apes became men. It teaches that men and chimpanzees had s common ancestor. Apes didn't become men, we ARE apes according to the theory of evolution. I agree with your other points.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is accurate as to the age of the people mentioned but that surely doesn't say that's how old the earth is just how long the people lived

It would never have occurred to the first readers of Genesis to add the ages in the genealogies together to work out the age of the earth. That wasn't what genealogies were for. They were also well accustomed to the idea that genealogies were incomplete (see Matthew 1 for an example - several generations have been left out without any indication whatsoever).

So the Bible doesn't tell us how old the Earth is. Therefore, why not accept the conclusions of science? Why assume that science is always wrong? It doesn't disagree with the Bible itself, only with a particular interpretation of the Bible.

Reactions: BeyondET