Creation Science Seminar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evolution does not teach that apes became men. It teaches that men and chimpanzees had s common ancestor. Apes didn't become men, we ARE apes according to the theory of evolution. I agree with your other points.

Thus the point, from theory to fact, to a young child’s mind.
Ancestral, descendants...likely today most young children know of ...
Mom, maybe dad, g-pa, g-ma...and rarely beyond....perhaps a long time ago, ape, like the common drawings? Just saying, little children absorb information in a more primitive picture see fashion.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do say when it was cloudy all sundials, night watch and navigation by the stars went out the window. BeyondET you be surely right. But storms do not last forever even in the darkest of darkest times or darkest of nights. The Sun does eventually shine through and then we are back to the reality of a 24 hour cycle again.Nothing has changed the evening and morning still be the same. You than go on to state our limited knowledge be that of the present or of the past and of the future. Yes. But are you not forgetting something that God in all his Divine wisdom has given us a Divine book to guide us in matters of truth, that does enlighten his people very much. If the rotation of the earth were to stop you say. It be goodbye to us ? Maybe not. BeyondET the bible be a rather geocentric book don’t you think. : )
Well two things I have to say, not our limited knowledge but the people of long ago, second its not goodbye to us but knowing the time if the earth stopped spinning, 24 hours is based on earth's rotation each planet in our solar has a different rotation speed. The hours in a day is based solely on earth's spin rate.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would never have occurred to the first readers of Genesis to add the ages in the genealogies together to work out the age of the earth. That wasn't what genealogies were for. They were also well accustomed to the idea that genealogies were incomplete (see Matthew 1 for an example - several generations have been left out without any indication whatsoever).

So the Bible doesn't tell us how old the Earth is. Therefore, why not accept the conclusions of science? Why assume that science is always wrong? It doesn't disagree with the Bible itself, only with a particular interpretation of the Bible.
Well said, I find it a bit baffling some will reject science as being fake yet use it every day of their lives.

You mentioned other generations left out, yes I agree Adam had other children not mentioned in the bible other than he had other children than Cain Abel and Seth.

Genesis 5:4
And after he had become the father of Seth, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How old do you believe the earth is?

Hello Prim,

I like that name. Brings to mind young Primrose Everdeen of The Hunger Games movie.

How old do you think God is? Do you think that 'in the beginning' before there was the creation story (if you truly think it to be only around 6000 year past) that there was anything else, anywhere at anytime?

I'm curious as to what folks might think God was doing?

Reactions: Prim

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said, I find it a bit baffling some will reject science as being fake yet use it every day of their lives.

You mentioned other generations left out, yes I agree Adam had other children not mentioned in the bible other than he had other children than Cain Abel and Seth.

Genesis 5:4
And after he had become the father of Seth, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

Science Basics (discovery of things and purpose those things can serve IN A GOOD FASHION) WAS early on introduced to manKIND By God Himself.

Ex 31:
[3] And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
Exod.35
[31] And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;
Exod.36
[1] Then wrought Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whom the LORD put wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary, according to all that the LORD had commanded.

Continuing on, the word Science is mentioned, and beyond adults, children of adult Tribesman, well taught in discoveries and good uses for the discoveries; So impressive, an account of a Gentile king, requisition for Tribal Children to teach Gentile adult men of the kings subjects.
(Dan 1:4)

An interesting note of more modern days recognizing those contributing to Science discoveries ... the famed Nobel recognization, and speaking again of the Science category; Jews still lingering as FEW in Race; Still percentage wise continue in High notability for Goodly Science discovery contributions.

Science discovery does not always mean, FOR Good, as God intended (per Scriptural revealing), for manKind. We have observed plenty of NOT Good for mankind Scientific discoveries.

Just sayin...
there is always good / evil...and consideration of the Balance.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: BeyondET

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do say when it was cloudy all sundials, night watch and navigation by the stars went out the window. BeyondET you be surely right. But storms do not last forever even in the darkest of darkest times or darkest of nights. The Sun does eventually shine through and then we are back to the reality of a 24 hour cycle again.Nothing has changed the evening and morning still be the same. You than go on to state our limited knowledge be that of the present or of the past and of the future. Yes. But are you not forgetting something that God in all his Divine wisdom has given us a Divine book to guide us in matters of truth, that does enlighten his people very much. If the rotation of the earth were to stop you say. It be goodbye to us ? Maybe not. BeyondET the bible be a rather geocentric book don’t you think. : )

To the ancients, time was not linear, it was circular. And they marked time by observation, not calculation. They had no concept of a spinning earth, or one that traveled across the universe. It was fixed, immovable and just as scripture tells us, there were two great lights above to illuminate and it was those that moved about around the fixed plane of the earth. Time, was marked by hours of daylight (day) and hours of darkness (night). Weeks were counted as the time required for seven days and seven nights, and months were counted not by counting days, but by counting new moons because by observation they knew that these cycles-- day/night, weeks, months and years-- repeat. The circle of the sun was marked by months and 360 degrees of progression measured a full year, just as we divide a circle today in everything but the calendar.

A day was divided into hours -as 12 hours of day, and 12 hours of night, but there was no linear counting. The 12 hours of daylight in the winter months took much less "time" to pass than the 12 hours of daylight in June. Does that make sense? They still considered the time-- as observed on a sundial or the progression of a shadow to be 12 hours, but it moved more quickly in winter (while night hours moved slowly) --still counting both night and day as 12 respectively.

Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.

They observed the times and the seasons, watching for each new moon-- just as they will do most carefully tonight in just a few hours in Jerusalem-- to mark what God calls His appointed times. They will blow the shofar-- the rams horn to begin the Feast of Trumpets - to announce the head of the new year-- a new cycle of time, this one a Jubilee.

Sunrise and sunset times in Jerusalem

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well two things I have to say, not our limited knowledge but the people of long ago, second its not goodbye to us but knowing the time if the earth stopped spinning, 24 hours is based on earth's rotation each planet in our solar has a different rotation speed. The hours in a day is based solely on earth's spin rate.

And? That tipped Axis thingy consideration. ;)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Prim,

I like that name. Brings to mind young Primrose Everdeen of The Hunger Games movie.

How old do you think God is? Do you think that 'in the beginning' before there was the creation story (if you truly think it to be only around 6000 year past) that there was anything else, anywhere at anytime?

Psalms 41:13

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anyone with an interest, and willing to step outside what might be their comfort zone-- all you have to do is look at some other cultures to discover that the earth is not 6000 or 7000 years old. There is much evidence, geological, archeological-- literally, carved in stone informing us that the ancients had a much better grasp of "Time" than we do today. People today for the most part accept whatever they are spoon-fed in school, while the ancients learned by observation. It's mind boggling to consider just "how long" it might take some "primitive" civilization to observe the patterns that mark the passage of time. Ever think about it?

How long would a person, say... 3000 years ago (1000 BC) have to watch the sun, stars and moon to recognize a pattern simply by observing the way that the stars seem to rotate above?

Other cultures recognized and noted much, much longer cycles. They too, marked what they thought of as 'in the beginning' but it was different-- it was part of their Creation Story and again, by observation they accurately counted cycles of celestial rotation that could only be seen over many thousands of years. And using modern means of mathematics we now know that they were somehow spot on.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scientifically called Earth’s Axial Tilt. Our common due North, due South, rotation of Earth’s orbit, rotation, planes common to us, planes celestial...are not the same.

You can get a general sense or dive into the Scientific specifics....with a general look and see search for Earth’s Axial Tilt.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scientifically called Earth’s Axial Tilt. Our common due North, due South, rotation of Earth’s orbit, rotation, planes common to us, planes celestial...are not the same.

You can get a general sense or dive into the Scientific specifics....with a general look and see search for Earth’s Axial Tilt.
If the earth wasn't spinning seasons would only be in a thin line around earth. Most of one side would be baked in sunlight and the other side frozen in darkness. The tilt is a wobble back and forth.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Prim,

The greetings to the Mr E. The hunger games movie I have not seen I not watch so much tv. How old do I think the God be? God be outside of time. Age has no bearing upon him unlike us who be in that reality of our world. God is not Governed by time as we. God be eternal. But when he does enter the affairs of humanity. A age was given. He departed this world at around the age of 33. God incarnate I do believe. But once outside of our time. God is eternal he does not age and time has no dominion over him. There will come a time when time will be no more. Yes I do truly believe our world be 6-7000 yrs old. Mr E It be late now in our part of world the sleep time has arrived. Your other post I will reply to tomorrow.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greetings to the Mr E. The hunger games movie I have not seen I not watch so much tv. How old do I think the God be? God be outside of time. Age has no bearing upon him unlike us who be in that reality of our world. God is not Governed by time as we. God be eternal. But when he does enter the affairs of humanity. A age was given. He departed this world at around the age of 33. God incarnate I do believe. But once outside of our time. God is eternal he does not age and time has no dominion over him. There will come a time when time will be no more. Yes I do truly believe our world be 6-7000 yrs old. Mr E It be late now in our part of world the sleep time has arrived. Your other post I will reply to tomorrow.

I know that there are many who believe as you do, that God exists outside of time and that He steps into (our) time, coming and going. I don't believe that God died, nor do I believe He 'departed this world around the age of 33.' I know He lives in me, and I exist (live) in Him, just as that 33 year-old taught us.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the earth wasn't spinning seasons would only be in a thin line around earth. Most of one side would be baked in sunlight and the other side frozen in darkness. The tilt is a wobble back and forth.

The axial tilt, and discussion thereof does not negate orbit or rotation of the earth.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The axial tilt, and discussion thereof does not negate orbit or rotation of the earth.
Actually they are three different things, the earth's tilt/wobble and rotation/spin rate and orbit path around the sun.

season - day - year

The solar system and galaxy have the same rates but much longer time.

Earth orbit around the galaxy takes 240 million years. On the galactic scale its only been about 20 years that earth has orbited the galaxy

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was just giving a brief, that the tilted axis of the Earth lends to the big picture of nights and days are not of day after day equal lengths.