Critical thinking and education is linked to loss of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The test comes AFTER you mature and take a stand.
that was the inference, yes
What battle? Do you find nothing but peace everywhere you look in the world today?
"in the world"
ill pass, tks
No. It's what you get but what you give. The Bible says YOU must seek, ask and knock. You have the burden.
10000 teachers i already have lol
pretty sure one of them said that already, but ty

this “burden” you would have to specify, sorry

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unassailable confidence in thinking an imaginary sky daddy is there to hold your hand due to how broken you are? Laughable
I've said it before. The basic problem is that you have an argument but I have experience.

My faith is not based on an argument that I found compelling; it is based on lived experience.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"in the world"
ill pass, tks
Coward.

Battles are being fought to the death. Your indifference is noted. An unexamined life. So sad. Just bouncing from one wave to another in the sea of emotion and whim. Going nowhere. No yearning for anything. What a waste. Waste is disposed of.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You need to wake up, get eyes to see and ears to hear. Sacrifice is a requirement throughout Scripture and I showed it to you.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
man, if you want to believe something that you cannot even Quote one single time, then that is your decision, and i have no problem with it ok
no, you did not show me anything, and i truly wish you could there, but im already pretty sure you cannot, since Yah does not change

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I already addressed this Strawman deconstruction point multiple times. What does that tell you?
that you are suffering from dunning-kruger syndrome, and cannot hear anything right now, since you already know everything

and look, i dont expect any diff from someone in your place right now, ok? You seek immortality, which has been sold to you for a price, and now you are a meat-eater, having trained yourself to recognize good from evil, as you surely would even admit

so see, whats wrong with that, for now? Paul is even complimenting you maybe, right?
so, when you understand that that is Paul making fun of believers, look me up again if you like, but until then, milk and meat just dont mix, i guess

best of luck to you with the death more abundantly thing ok, honestly
Coward.

Battles are being fought to the death. Your indifference is noted. An unexamined life. So sad. Just bouncing from one wave to another in the sea of emotion and whim. Going nowhere. No yearning for anything. What a waste. Waste is disposed of.
enjoy your time in the world then, and i wish you the best of luck, sincerely

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are lost! Everything that exists is limited, i.e., has an end. Everything!
That’s not what I meant. You said that critical thinking and freedom is a good means but not an end. And I’m saying why does it have to have an end? It’s fine as it is.
Also, “God exists.” Therefore going by your logic, God has an end.
I've said it before. The basic problem is that you have an argument but I have experience.

My faith is not based on an argument that I found compelling; it is based on lived experience.
Your experience is just an experience, it’s not evidence of absolute truth since experiences vary.

I can take mushrooms and also claim that God exists due to a mystical experience. Muslims also claim they have “lived experience”. Your experience is yours only.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man, if you want to believe something that you cannot even Quote one single time
I quoted it numerous times. Using deconstructionism, you deny it because the precise combination of words you are inventing to discredit the idea is a superficial ploy.

This is even more obvious than the stretch that abortion is a constitutional right as that word is absent from the document.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that you are suffering from dunning-kruger syndrome, and cannot hear anything right now, since you already know everything
Strawman on top of Strawman. I never said I know everything. All's I did was make numerous Scriptural references to debunk your claim. Again, you don't have eyes to see.

Make a blessed day!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, “God exists.” Therefore going by your logic, God has an end.

Indeed. God has attributes that limit him. He is powerful but also knowledgeable. He is merciful but also just. He has wrath but also grace.

Your experience is just an experience, it’s not evidence of absolute truth since experiences vary.
Your argument is not evidence of absolute truth either. It is just a silly argument.

The way God set us up is to trust him and others. You are an untrusting person, pretending mathematical proof is required but it is not. The question of God is akin to a civil trial, more likely than not standard. And I and billions of others are credible witnesses. This is my testimony. This is where I stand - so help me God!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i would welcome any instances of "God requires a blood sacrifice for our sins" from anyone on this board
you arent going to find it though, bc it isnt in there, and the lesson of Esau is not that impenetrable a puzzle
imo

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Indeed. God has attributes that limit him. He is powerful but also knowledgeable. He is merciful but also just. He has wrath but also grace.

Your argument is not evidence of absolute truth either. It is just a silly argument.

The way God set us up is to trust him and others. You are an untrusting person, pretending mathematical proof is required but it is not. The question of God is akin to a civil trial, more likely than not standard. And I and billions of others are credible witnesses. This is my testimony. This is where I stand - so help me God!
But God having attributes that limit him, is contradictory to god being limitless. We humans are also limited. God also being limited puts him in the same ballpark as us. You see, you tell me that I contradict myself when I say that there is no absolute truth by making an absolute claim. And it is indeed a contradiction, a paradox. But your reasoning here is also a contradiction. You plainly admitted that God has attributes which limit him. God is limitless.

Yeah my argument isn’t evidence of absolute truth nor do I claim that it is. I don’t disagree. But it is a valid argument.

My question for you is, why do you need an absolute truth?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s just some things I’ll never know such as what happens after death. No reason to pretend that I do.

Religion is nothing but a coping mechanism to deal with the fear of the unknown.
Hmm so if you don't know, you rather fear the unknown. if nothing is there then what's to fear?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'd agree on limit, like if a person has their foot on a gas peddle, except the universe is the gas peddle designed with a limit.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hmm so if you don't know, you rather fear the unknown. if nothing is there then what's to fear?
I didn’t say I fear the unknown. I said religion is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear of the unknown. Maybe if people stopped running away from their fear of the unknown, they would no longer be afraid of it.

I am much more afraid of the known than the unknown.