Critical thinking and education is linked to loss of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I didn’t say I fear the unknown. I said religion is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear of the unknown. Maybe if people stopped running away from their fear of the unknown, they would no longer be afraid of it.

I am much more afraid of the known than the unknown.
for whatever reason it seems that Yah has chosen the meanest one in the jungle to teach peace to, and the most afraid of the unknown to teach faith to. weird

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then wont it die all by itself, if it is actually bad?
There is no it in the subject, only you. All of us us will die, including you. My question is what did you live for? (What do you stand for?)

The Atheists unable to answer this question - beyond process, beyond means toward no ends- reveal how depressingly empty and shallow your lives are. No wonder Atheists are angry and depressed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is no it in the subject, only you. All of us us will die, including you. My question is what did you live for? (What do you stand for?)
ah ok
The Atheists unable to answer this question - beyond process, beyond means toward no ends- reveal how depressingly empty and shallow your lives are. No wonder Atheists are angry and depressed.
well idt they all are, by any means?
in fact, i have met more than one “atheist” who seems to have already died to self, even if it does seem that most are egomaniacs. But id say the distribution is about the same as with believers

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t say I fear the unknown. I said religion is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear of the unknown. Maybe if people stopped running away from their fear of the unknown, they would no longer be afraid of it.

I am much more afraid of the known than the unknown.
Are you a expert on knowing what Christians fear? No you are assuming its use for coping or just your idea about it. Certainly don't have to be religious to fear the unknown.

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Are you an expert on knowing what Christians fear? No you are assuming its use for coping or just your idea about it. Certainly don't have to be religious to fear the unknown.
If you ask many religious people why they believe what they believe, they will tell you that it gives them a sense of purpose and certainty. Wouldn’t you agree?

Reactions: BeyondET

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Since you do not know God, that is a very unwise statement. Perhaps the most unwise statement ever uttered.
You don’t know any of these deities, therefore your statement is a very unwise statement about my statement. Flawless logic there, Wrangler.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

When are you ready to admit confirmation bias is a thing?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Critical thinking and education is linked to loss of faith​

Stay uneducated and don't think critically and you will believe any drivel that's dished up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When are you ready to admit confirmation bias is a thing?

No. Desperate reach for what is not true. My source compared the religious to atheists. Yours compared a subset of religious - those who believe in an eternal fiery hell. See the difference?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No. Desperate reach for what is not true. My source compared the religious to atheists. Yours compared a subset of religious - those who believe in an eternal fiery hell. See the difference?
Nearly every religion has a form of hell.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
True. I don't know all the mythologies. But I do not have to. I know the living God.
I didn’t know you had a favorite myth.

Which god is the living god? Every believer’s god in every religion is living and true. Which god should be my favorite god?

Help me better understand your delusion.

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

That’s not the esoteric question you think it is. Many atheists are able to answer that question easily with all kinds of things ranging from science, to reason, to rebuking religious dogma, family, kids, etc. If you’re going to sit here and shun an atheist for responding with something like “my kids” when asked what they stand for, then you might need to have your head examined.

Not all atheists are angry and depressed, that’s a terrible overused theist argument. Have you seen all the theists from Islam, Christianity, etc. who basically come to atheism as if they’re refugees of their own religion?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
knowing there is a God is instinctive ......like feeling hungry.
Denying there is a God is a mental distortion.

Learning that God is on your side is a wonder

Nobody pops out of their mother's womb with an instinctive feeling that there is a God. What happens is that as people get older they become instinctively aware that there is "something" in the universe that pervades everything, that is immortal and lasting.

It is only religious indoctrination that takes those basic feelings and programs people to think of that "something" as the fictitious religious God. No human knows anything about any God until another human indoctrinates them at a vulnerable age about their personal belief systems.

Mainstream religion is simply psychological abuse perpetrated on vulnerable souls who aren't yet experienced enough and aware enough to either recognise that they are being abused or to be able to critical think and decide for themselves just what that "something" is that persists in the universe.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
knowing there is a God is instinctive ......like feeling hungry.
Denying there is a God is a mental distortion.

Learning that God is on your side is a wonder
I don’t deny that there is a god. I can’t deny something that lacks evidence, does that make sense? It’s not that God doesn’t exist, it’s the evidence is lacking. I actually don’t believe anything can be proven so I have my gripes with science as well for that matter when people try to treat it like objective truth.

I don’t agree learning there is a God is instinctive, but that it’s instinctive to believe in one. Why is this? Many reasons. One of them is that man feels small.

You know what else is instinctive though? Smelling the bs from a mile away when you have all of these religions claiming exclusivity and that their God is the one true god. Why do people like Wrangler have to attach the adjective of “living” or “true” to God? If God is so real, his existence alone should speak for himself just like a tree’s existence or blade of grass speaks for itself.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Nobody ever dies. To suggest otherwise displays a total lack of understanding of who and what you are and what the universe is. The concept of dying is a key psychological tool used by nefarious religious groups to instil fear and panic in vulnerable people.
We are all of us part of a giant Lego set made of indestructible universal energy bricks. Every single atom of energy that makes up your current human form has been in this universe since it started billions of years ago. YOU therefore have already taken on millions of different forms. You were formally part of a star, you've likely been various animals along your endless journey, you've likely been various humans throughout human history.

When you build a castle with your Lego set and then tear it down and dismantle it to then build a boat with it, the castle has not "died".
That's idiotic talk. Ignorant talk.
All the universal bricks are still there, every single one of them totally indestructible, immortal. Nature just forms them into something else, the next thing. You cannot die. No-one can die. Only your current form can be reduced back to those universal energy bricks to be built into something else.

If you had read your Bible with ears to hear and eyes to see instead of taking the texts literally (and thus totally incorrectly) you would know these fundamental truths. Jesus himself outlines this basic principle in his parable.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit."

This is a key process in life. In fact no life is possible without it. To create one thing, another must be dismantled, reduced back to its "prima material". This is the key process also found in alchemy that is required to make the Alkahest, the Elixir Of Life the universal tonic by which you may keep your current human form in perfect working order, free from ailments and ageing and which extends your life in this form for a very long time. At the same time it allows you to transmute one form into another because it's a huge source of that universal energy. Hence if you wanted you could transmute base metals into more precious metals and therefore be very wealthy. But the most precious attribute is clearly that perfect health and long life not the monetary wealth.

Again had you read and understood your Bible (which recounts the alchemical secrets allegorically) then you would know these truths

Proverbs 3:13

13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

This is the truth. The truth that Jesus revealed only to those he trusted, his close disciples. Only to them were the "mysteries of the kingdom" given. The rest of the common people were left in ignorance as most of humanity is today. Jesus used this great secret to heal people and transmute things, but he didn't give it to the people. He kept it for himself. Hence the rest of us continue to get sick, old, become diseased and perish. I am not yet clear exactly what is behind all of this. Either Jesus was not all-loving as religion would have us believe and jealously guarded his secret or he kept it for himself either because he feared what would happen if the Romans got hold of it or there is some danger involved in the use of this thing which requires tremendous strength of will to wield.

Either way the sorry state of humanity persists because this incredible substance is kept from us. We are thus prisoners whose lives are being artificially stunted when in fact we should be living many 100s if not 1000s of years just as the ancients did like Noah and so on.

All of this is iterated in your Bible if you have eyes to see and ears to hear. Mainstream religion will not reveal these truths to you but will place blinkers over your eyes and spoon-feed you with nonsense derived from the incorrect literal reading of the texts. The most basic critical thinking and reasoning should be enough to tell anyone that the mainstream religion teachings just don't hold water and all the evidence round us day by day shows those doctrines to be false and misguided.

That's a rather generalised sweeping statement which is patently not true. Most atheists are able to critical think whereas most Christians are not but are rather vulnerable sheep who need that dependence on being spoon-fed any old nonsense to comfort them. Notions of "life purpose" are artificial because we are all simply part of this immense universe which is in constant state of change and turmoil. Nothing you do has any tangible impact to the universe. As stated above, you have already been transformed, built, disintegrated and rebuilt countless times already by the universal forces that are in play and this process will continue. You find yourself in human form at the moment and that form doesn't give you capacity to know or remember all your past iterations. That leads to fear and supposition and, if you allow it to happen, vulnerability whereby others can indoctrinate you with religious nonsense to artificially fill your gaps. If you think pandering to such things constitutes a "life purpose" in your current human form then by all means do what you feel is right for you. For myself, I can't engage in self-delusion any more nor allow others to indoctrinate me with frivolous nonsense. I seek the real truths of the universe however painful and pointless they may turn out to be.

Last edited: