Critical thinking and education is linked to loss of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Moving the goalposts from requiring a sacrifice to requiring a perfect sacrifice, eh Waldo?
ah well any sacrifice, doesnt matter.

Regarding the sacrifice needed, Romans 6:23 says it very well
well, you can read it that way if you like, but with all due respect it hardly directly addresses the point. You cant find one single “God required a sacrifice to make sinners acceptable to Him?”

One?

It is a principle throughout the Bible. Consider when Adam and Eve sinned, they famously covered themselves with a fig leaf. However, God himself covered them in animal skin. GE 3:21. It means God himself made the sacrifice for our sins on our behalf from the beginning. Tremendous foreshadowing.
again you might assume that, but i suggest that it was to show that A&E’s remedy was insufficient for themselves, and that they needed the skin, just as Esau “needed” red stew.

Yah actually went looking for A&E after they had eaten the fruit, did He not? Yah never removed Himself; we remove ourselves, as is mirrored all over the Bible, should one but choose to see it

Not sure where you get that from
well, ipad wont import searches, but really it isnt very hard to extract from the relationship?
pretty much everyone thinks everyone else is an atheist to this day lol, dont they?
vvv

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you don't know that God is real, Jesus is real, the Holy Spirit is real, faith is real, the Bible is the words of God, that you are saved and have eternal life and other facts, then IMHO you're not really a Christian.
i mean bada-bing, there you go :)

(guess youre not too interested in the original word you got your “eternal” from though, huh?
have a nice evening, with your facts, ok)

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Atheism is a dead concept that abandon's logic and reason to explain the world around us. The atheist explanations for the origins of the universe, life, and the informational content encoded in DNA are absurd. Something from nothing! I is an atheist and go by reason and evidence (except for when I don't).
You’re wrong. I don’t assert that something came from nothing and neither do I assert that it came from something. My answer to the origin of existence remains, “I don’t know.”

Reactions: bbyrd009

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you don't know that God is real, Jesus is real, the Holy Spirit is real, faith is real, the Bible is the words of God, that you are saved and have eternal life and other facts, then IMHO you're not really a Christian.
Except that the Bible is not the word of God, it was written by man and edited by the church. I can also crap out a book and claim it’s the word of God. Your reasoning is circular.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You're wrong. Your unbelief is blinding you as it did me -- once.

Christians know, as the verse I posted from Hebrews clearly shows you. We know, you don't. It's as simple as that.
False, your own arrogance is blinding you. You’re only posturing that you know. You don’t know anything in the end. The Bible is loved by fundamentalists because it strengthens their ego in their so called righteousness.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you can read it that way if you like, but with all due respect it hardly directly addresses the point. You cant find one single “God required a sacrifice to make sinners acceptable to Him?”
Decontructionism at its worst. The whole Bible says that - just not in so many words. Chapters 4.1-5.13 of the Book of Leviticus presents the first of three speeches[10] of God to Moses that outlines laws concerning the "ḥata't" or purification offering. In Leviticus 4:2 (CEV)
The Lord told Moses 2 to say to the community of Israel:

Offer a sacrifice to ask forgiveness when you sin by accidentally doing something I have told you not to do.

Consider also Isaiah 53 and the suffering servant at v 5 (CEV)
'He was wounded and crushed
because of our sins;
by taking our punishment,
he made us completely well.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t assert that something came from nothing

My. My. Getting touchy. Atheists DO assert something came from nothing. It's called the Big Bang Theory.

It's funny to see you not take credit for all Atheists but want specific Christians to take credit for all religions.

My answer to the origin of existence remains, “I don’t know.”
I've pointed out the cowardice on this point before.

And life? The origins of life? Is “I don’t know” your enlightened answer to that also?

And what about the informational content in the molecules of DNA? How did this information get put into the very matter which makes us up? Is “I don’t know” your enlightened answer to that also?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yah actually went looking for A&E after they had eaten the fruit, did He not? Yah never removed Himself; we remove ourselves, as is mirrored all over the Bible, should one but choose to see it
That's a great thing to keep in mind! We are the ones who hide from Him. So stop hiding!

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Decontructionism at its worst. The whole Bible says that - just not in so many words. Chapters 4.1-5.13 of the Book of Leviticus presents the first of three speeches[10] of God to Moses that outlines laws concerning the "ḥata't" or purification offering. In Leviticus 4:2 (CEV)
The Lord told Moses 2 to say to the community of Israel:

Offer a sacrifice to ask forgiveness when you sin by accidentally doing something I have told you not to do.

Consider also Isaiah 53 and the suffering servant at v 5 (CEV)
'He was wounded and crushed
because of our sins;
by taking our punishment,
he made us completely well.
well, you might be right, dunno, but i do notice all your Quotes are OT (the establishment of the law, doomed to fail), and none of them say that Yah required a sacrifice

Reactions: Romanov2488

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are not God-centered
and you are not judgmental at all :)
Yah ejects others as he did A&E from paradise
read too literally maybe, but The kingdom of heaven is within nonetheless, i guess
i suggest that their "ejection" might be a way to say that they got "lost" and couldnt find it anymore

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My. My. Getting touchy. Atheists DO assert something came from nothing. It's called the Big Bang Theory.

It's funny to see you not take credit for all Atheists but want specific Christians to take credit for all religions.

I've pointed out the cowardice on this point before.

And life? The origins of life? Is “I don’t know” your enlightened answer to that also?

And what about the informational content in the molecules of DNA? How did this information get put into the very matter which makes us up? Is “I don’t know” your enlightened answer to that also?
talk about touchy lol

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you might be right, dunno, but i do notice all your Quotes are OT (the establishment of the law, doomed to fail), and none of them say that Yah required a sacrifice
They all say Yah required a sacrifice. But you don't have eyes to see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They all say Yah required a sacrifice. But you don't have eyes to see.
ha you cant find it one single time, and you know it lol

youd think for such a central concept, we could find it all over the Bible?
yet it isnt in there once, and you are not the first to try/fail

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You're wrong. Your unbelief is blinding you as it did me -- once.

Christians know, as the verse I posted from Hebrews clearly shows you. We know, you don't. It's as simple as that.
We do not yet know what we will become (except for Jim and his Christian friends)
lol