Daily Exercise Log. Let's take the challenge!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you do your necessary exercise today? For how long? And even what did you do if sometimes different? And even what time of the day did you do it? I made this thread as a motivating factor for myself to exercise and others can join too and we can motivate each other everyday. Thanks so much. I hope this is helpful for others too. God bless.

I started to exercise everyday for at least about an hour and a half since Monday.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I usually exercise every other day. Recently, I learned there is not much benefit to more than 20 minutes. That is, there is benefit but there is diminishing returns unless you are striving to be a competitive athlete.

When I play tennis or pickleball, which is usually twice per week, it is for 2 hours at a time.

Thanks for starting the thread @thelord's_pearl. :)

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you do your necessary exercise today? For how long? And even what did you do if sometimes different? And even what time of the day did you do it? I made this thread as a motivating factor for myself to exercise and others can join too and we can motivate each other everyday. Thanks so much. I hope this is helpful for others too. God bless.

I started to exercise everyday for at least about an hour and a half since Monday.
I have never consciously done exercise. At school I hated all sport but I always walked there and back and in my retirement years have done plenty of walking but not anymore. Since lockdown I haven't been out much and now the uphill walk to the bus is a bit too hard for me.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been exercising for years, usually 1 and a half hours x 6 a week...I jog, I have a cross trainer and a five minute pro...I couldn’t live without my exercise, I’m also very careful how much I eat a day also.image.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think if you have a fairly active lifestyle there's not any need to spend much time exercising but we should all probably take more time to rest and renew our strength. Walking with the dog is a pleasurable sort of exercise as is dancing or swimming but to me sitting on a machine has no pleasure in it at all.

• Love

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think if you have a fairly active lifestyle there's not any need to spend much time exercising but we should all probably take more time to rest and renew our strength. Walking with the dog is a pleasurable sort of exercise as is dancing or swimming but to me sitting on a machine has no pleasure in it at all.
True so this is for those of us who don't have an active lifestyle. I currently am down to zero real life friends due to having SAD mostly in the past so I only went out with family where we would walk outside and it was fun so that was a motivating factor for me that helped me. Now that I feel sick because I exercised too little for long-term I have another motivating factor. I don't mind sitting on the machine. I like the bicycle machine, stepper @Ritajanice and treadmill and shoulder blade and pulling machine. I also get to go out and walk with my family tomorrow so that'll be good. I will always be seeking to be exercised enough now because of feeling sick from not exercising enough. Today I went out for a few hrs so I don't think I need to do my own exercises today except the video tape at home for a half hr. That will be my exercise for today. When I got home, I felt tired so I slept for a while until I felt better.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will be taking my daily 30-minute walk as soon as I finish posting here. It's only 5:32 am, but I want to walk before the sun comes up, because once the sun comes up, it's too warm to take a walk this time of year.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yesterday I walked around outside and had enough exercise.
Today I did treadmill 15 mins., stepper 30 mins., bicycle 10 mins., shoulder blade machine about 1 min. (about 5 pull-ins)
Did aerobic exercise too for half hr. Yay! It's only a positive for me and my body. Never a negative.

Reactions: Lambano

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Went out for about an hr and walked up and down the stairs and around. Today I did 20 min. treadmill, 30 min. stepper, 10 min. bicycle, 5 min. shoulder blade and pulling machine.
Going to do 1/2 hr. aerobics exercise. after about 15 mins. later. In the evening-night.

Reactions: Lambano

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yesterday I did about 1 hr and half exercise in total.
Today I went out for about 2 hrs and 1/2 in the day and walked for about 15 mins. (waited for the bus and appointment a lot). Then did about an hr and 5 mins. exercise when I got back home.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't written my exercise length for last week and this week. That's because I was on vacation. I remember though that I did 1/2 hr exercise before I went and I think about an hr of exercise the day before that. And I had enough exercise on the days I was on vacation. I woke up on time and slept pretty much on time. When I came back, I exercised for about half an hr for 2 days and then today I exercised for about an hr and a half. So now I'm updated.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
keep it up my dear, it'll pay dividends and if you ever come to the land down under and visit this li'l brown duck I'll get you fit by walks along the beach, exploring hidden coves accessed by rock hopping, mowing the lawn, collecting rocks outta the forest for pathways, snorkling on the Great Barrier Reef or looking for shells on an island around the corner from me and steaming yourself slim and trim in the sauna. You'll go back to your country fitter than a Mallee bull......and twice as spunky. :)

• Haha

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
keep it up my dear, it'll pay dividends and if you ever come to the land down under and visit this li'l brown duck I'll get you fit by walks along the beach, exploring hidden coves accessed by rock hopping, mowing the lawn, collecting rocks outta the forest for pathways, snorkling on the Great Barrier Reef or looking for shells on an island around the corner from me and steaming yourself slim and trim in the sauna. You'll go back to your country fitter than a Mallee bull......and twice as spunky. :)
Thank you. Yeah I do want to visit you in Australia. I've never been there so as long as I won't get into danger with insects and bring my mom or have a few family members come with me and we have a place to stay (I won't be able to stay at your home even though you kindly will let me or us since you're still a stranger, lol) then I'm ok. My mom will be retiring within a few yrs. Are you very fit? Are there dangerous insects whereabouts you live? Thanks for your reply.
So far I did 1 lap outside in the daytime and in the middle of the day, I did an exercise tape at home. Later I will be doing 1 more hr of exercise.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you. Yeah I do want to visit you in Australia. I've never been there so as long as I won't get into danger with insects and bring my mom or have a few family members come with me and we have a place to stay (I won't be able to stay at your home even though you kindly will let me or us since you're still a stranger, lol) then I'm ok. My mom will be retiring at most until 3 yrs later. Are you very fit? Are there dangerous insects whereabouts you live? Thanks for your reply.
So far I did 1 lap outside in the daytime and in the middle of the day, I did an exercise tape at home. Later I will be doing 1 more hr of exercise.
Am I fit? I'd say not bad for an old fart. :) .....and are there dangerous insects here? nahhh, not really although if you went looking for them you'd probably find some. At different times of the year mosquitos like to visit. I use the ole slap and clap method to sort them out :)
....but I must add this, Its no environment for a powder puff. :)