Daniels 70-Weeks Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The people of the prince who is to come
Messiah the Prince came 2,000 years ago.
It was the roman army who destroyed the city and temple
True. They were God's people serving as His agents of judgment and destruction.
the prince will be a roman prince.
Messiah the Prince was not and is not a Roman.
Now you can make the word say anything you want if you want to.. Feel free. But I will still to what the passage says
Jeremiah 43
10 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.
11 And when he cometh, he shall smite the land of Egypt, and deliver such as are for death to death; and such as are for captivity to captivity; and such as are for the sword to the sword.

God called the pagan Babylonian, Nebuchadrezzar, His servant. He and his armies were God's people to carry out His judgment and destruction upon Egypt.

Isaiah 45
1 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

God called the pagan Medo-Persian, Cyrus, His anointed. He and his armies were God's people to carry out His judgment and destruction upon Babylonia.

If the pagan leaders and their armies of Babylon and Medo-Persia were God's people used to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon nations, then the pagan leaders and armies of Rome were certainly also God's people used to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon Jerusalem.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messiah the Prince came 2,000 years ago.

True. They were God's people serving as His agents of judgment and destruction.

Messiah the Prince was not and is not a Roman.

Jeremiah 43
10 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.
11 And when he cometh, he shall smite the land of Egypt, and deliver such as are for death to death; and such as are for captivity to captivity; and such as are for the sword to the sword.

God called the pagan Babylonian, Nebuchadrezzar, His servant. He and his armies were God's people to carry out His judgment and destruction upon Egypt.

Isaiah 45
1 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

God called the pagan Medo-Persian, Cyrus, His anointed. He and his armies were God's people to carry out His judgment and destruction upon Babylonia.

If the pagan leaders and their armies of Babylon and Medo-Persia were God's people used to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon nations, then the pagan leaders and armies of Rome were certainly also God's people used to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon Jerusalem.
Back on ignore.

I am sorry, I can‘t buy what your selling.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Your" flunked English.

The grammatical antecedent/referent of "prince" in verse 26 is "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25.
But you flunked Hebrew. Was Jesus ever called a "prince"? And you'll reply, "Me, me, me, I know this one. It was in Isaiah 9:6 for 'prince of peace'"
Ya, but that's where people who just look at their english KJV as the source for their understanding fail. The Hebrew words are not the same. And Jesus is never called a "nagid".

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you flunked Hebrew. Was Jesus ever called a "prince"? And you'll reply, "Me, me, me, I know this one. It was in Isaiah 9:6 for 'prince of peace'"
Ya, but that's where people who just look at their english KJV as the source for their understanding fail. The Hebrew words are not the same. And Jesus is never called a "nagid".
So you don't believe that the Messiah is Jesus.

Another flunker.

"Prince" is "nagid" in both Daniel 9:25 and 9:26.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you don't believe that the Messiah is Jesus.

Another flunker.

"Prince" is "nagid" in both Daniel 9:25 and 9:26.
Nice try to red herring the argument. The point is that NO WHERE else in all of Scripture is Jesus stated to be a "nagid". What does that mean about your interpretation of the 70 Weeks?

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is that NO WHERE else in all of Scripture is Jesus stated to be a "nagid". What does that mean about your interpretation of the 70 Weeks?
Twice is sufficient for me. There is no other nagid like Him.

Nowhere in all of Scripture is antichrist (a word for which does not exist in ancient Hebrew or Aramaic) referred to as a prince, nagid or otherwise.

That detonates your malinterpretation of the 70 weeks.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point is that NO WHERE else in all of Scripture is Jesus stated to be a "nagid". What does that mean about your interpretation of the 70 Weeks?

Oh! I thought that verse 25 was referring to the Persian Ruler Cyrus whereas verse 26 was referring to the Little Horn who is called the False Prophet in the Book of Revelation. The two Hebrew words are subtly different to reflect the two princes, one who is a prince on the earth and the other who is a called prince who is a wicked fallen heavenly host.

Here are the two Hebrew Words: -

1691633617753.png

Shalom

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Twice is sufficient for me. There is no other nagid like Him.

Nowhere in all of Scripture is antichrist (a word for which does not exist in ancient Hebrew or Aramaic) referred to as a prince, nagid or otherwise.

That detonates your malinterpretation of the 70 weeks.
Seriously. Study some Hebrew in context. Stop relying on that KJV english.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh! I thought that verse 25 was referring to the Persian Ruler Cyrus whereas verse 26 was referring to the Little Horn who is called the False Prophet in the Book of Revelation. The two Hebrew words are subtly different to reflect the two princes, one who is a prince on the earth and the other who is a called prince who is a wicked fallen heavenly host.

Here are the two Hebrew Words: -

View attachment 35376

Shalom
Verse 25
5057 [e]
nā·ḡîḏ,
נָגִ֔יד
the Prince
N‑ms

Verse 26
5057 [e]
nā·ḡîḏ
נָגִ֤יד
of the prince
N‑ms

The reason for the difference is self-evident.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep, you showed the same Hebrew words that I did.

You have a very different interpretation from the one that I have. My interpretation is not Jesus centric.
Mine is.

Messiah the Prince, the prince that shall come, was and is Jesus.

Scripturally, grammatically, historically, and logically.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mine is.

Messiah the Prince, the prince that shall come, was and is Jesus.

Scripturally, grammatically, historically, and logically.

Having a Jesus Centric interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27 for verses 25 and 27 means that this rabbit hole forces the need to align all of the time constraints for this prophecy. Hence the so-called Ezra 6:14 challenge that supposedly confirms who has the better understanding.

Yes, Jesus can be found by the implead understanding that only Jesus can complete verse 24b by and explicitly in 26a as he is referenced in the verse. Alse, Jesus cannot be found in Verse 27 as the person making the solemn covenant with many in this verse is the same as the prince mentioned in verse 26b.

I view the Daniel 9:24-27 as containing five independent prophecies where the imposed Jesus centric understanding forces a more rigid interconnection between these five independent prophecies.

My understanding does not impede the actual outcomes from happening over time.

Shalom

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Verse 25
5057 [e]
nā·ḡîḏ,
נָגִ֔יד
the Prince
N‑ms

Verse 26
5057 [e]
nā·ḡîḏ
נָגִ֤יד
of the prince
N‑ms

The reason for the difference is self-evident.
You do realize that there is no capital "p" for "Prince", right? That Hebrew does not have capital letters. And....there's no capital "M" for "messiah". Please confirm that you know this and you aren't using the KJV as the basis for your interpretation.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Having a Jesus Centric interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27 for verses 25 and 27 means that this rabbit hole forces the need to align all of the time constraints for this prophecy. Hence the so-called Ezra 6:14 challenge that supposedly confirms who has the better understanding.

Yes, Jesus can be found by the implead understanding that only Jesus can complete verse 24b by and explicitly in 26a as he is referenced in the verse. Alse, Jesus cannot be found in Verse 27 as the person making the solemn covenant with many in this verse is the same as the prince mentioned in verse 26b.

I view the Daniel 9:24-27 as containing five independent prophecies where the imposed Jesus centric understanding forces a more rigid interconnection between these five independent prophecies.

My understanding does not impede the actual outcomes from happening over time.

Shalom
However, you interpretation does not meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. So it's been shown not to stand up to scrutiny.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that there is no capital "p" for "Prince", right? That Hebrew does not have capital letters. And....there's no capital "M" for "messiah". Please confirm that you know this and you aren't using the KJV as the basis for your interpretation.

You don't have it fully correct but close in intent though. Hebrew is written in all capitals. There are no lowercase (smaller version of the letters). It's the same in the Greek manuscripts.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't have it fully correct but close in intent though. Hebrew is written in all capitals. There are no lowercase (smaller version of the letters). It's the same in the Greek manuscripts.
The difference would be lost on the uninformed. They don't even understand the issue that is the problem with their assumptions.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
However, you interpretation does not meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. So it's been shown not to stand up to scrutiny.

However, you are using a Jesus centric interpretation that forces you to comply with your Ezra 6:14 challenge criteria. Since my interpretation is not using the same Jesus centric interpretation, your challenge to comply with your Ezra 6:14 challenge is paramount for you to claim that only your interpretation is the correct interpretation.

The sad part of this silly shenanigans is that you have not proved that Christ is the prince in Daniel 9:25 or in Daniel 9:27.

On the other hand, I would suggest that Christ's involvement in the Daniel 9:24b portion of the prophecy is essential, but He is not essential in the fulfilment of the of the Daniel 9:25 prophecy. The prophecy found in Daniel 9:26a is though centred around the death of Christ on the Cross and the fulfilment of the Daniel 9:24b portion of that prophecy.

You know the rule that you cannot add apples and oranges together to come up with your conclusion or answer. You must use like prophecies where Christ figures in the outcome.

Since your interpretation does not prove that the five prophecies are connected your interpretation has been shown not to stand up to scrutiny.

Perhaps you have a reading deficiency of other peoples' posts.

Have a good day now, you hear me.

Somehow this silliness has to stop.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However, you are using a Jesus centric interpretation that forces you to comply with your Ezra 6:14 challenge criteria. Since my interpretation is not using the same Jesus centric interpretation, your challenge to comply with your Ezra 6:14 challenge is paramount for you to claim that only your interpretation is the correct interpretation.

The sad part of this silly shenanigans is that you have not proved that Christ is the prince in Daniel 9:25 or in Daniel 9:27.

On the other hand, I would suggest that Christ's involvement in the Daniel 9:24b portion of the prophecy is essential, but He is not essential in the fulfilment of the of the Daniel 9:25 prophecy. The prophecy found in Daniel 9:26a is though centred around the death of Christ on the Cross and the fulfilment of the Daniel 9:24b portion of that prophecy.

You know the rule that you cannot add apples and oranges together to come up with your conclusion or answer. You must use like prophecies where Christ figures in the outcome.

Since your interpretation does not prove that the five prophecies are connected your interpretation has been shown not to stand up to scrutiny.

Perhaps you have a reading deficiency of other peoples' posts.

Have a good day now, you hear me.

Somehow this silliness has to stop.
Yes, please stop your silliness. You don't even make sense. I won't be addressing your interpretation anymore since it doesn't meet the Challenge.