Dare I ask this...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record, I note you did not answer my questions. I assume you did not read the entire article. I thought it was very good article. HCQ is not a miracle cure-all, but it is very likely very useful for people if they're diagnosed early. It is not useful for severe cases -- as the VA study showed.

We all might find our lives happier if we're not taking conspiracy theories too seriously.
I wonder if everyone got the impression that I didn't approve of the article. I was struck by the bravery of someone who could be so easily toppled from his position in the chaotic political climate in which we now find ourselves. I do indeed approve of the article and I didn't need to read very far to detect the common sense which pervaded it. I thought that it was commendable for Newsweek (which, I believe, is a reputable news outlet) to print something that would more likely be found on Breitbart these days. I hope all of this is not considered arguing or promoting conspiracy theories.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if everyone got the impression that I didn't approve of the article. I was struck by the bravery of someone who could be so easily toppled from his position in the chaotic political climate in which we now find ourselves. I do indeed approve of the article and I didn't need to read very far to detect the common sense which pervaded it. I thought that it was commendable for Newsweek (which, I believe, is a reputable news outlet) to print something that would more likely be found on Breitbart these days. I hope all of this is not considered arguing or promoting conspiracy theories.
What are you talking about? There was nothing controversial in that article. It was a scientific article. That is all it was.

Now look at the context in which you posted the link.

I don't know that much about COVID-19 and medications to treat it, but it's looking more and more like efforts are being made to squelch success stories. It's actually quite dystopian in appearance, like someone wants people to be afraid of free speech and truth, etc.
Really? I'd say that idea is promoted by some far-out sites, trying to get people wound up thinking there is some widespread conspiracy about this drug. Perhaps Breitbart publishes articles like that, meant to scare people -- and if you believe those sites, you keep going back to visit them to get the latest "news" about this or that imaginary threat.

(Speaking of free speech, I came here from another, more popular forum website and there, about half of what I've read here would result in deletion, thread closing, banning, etc. Quite draconian, indeed. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me. I stayed so long because there was a particular fellow there whose influence I was intent on countering. But he was protected and somehow able to break all the rules with impunity.)
I couldn't possibly comment on this since I have no idea about any of it. I must ask however why this site is so popular when you found it so dreadful.

Anyhoo, I thought it was quite striking that a Yale Professor of Epidemiology would go out on a limb and that Newsweek would publish him.

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeat...exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535
You started off with a belief that doctors are being censored. When you read that article from a researcher at Yale, maybe you needed to ask yourself if your conspiracy theory was right. Apparently the idea that you might be wrong didn't cross your mind.

I repeat there was nothing controversial in that article. Why would Yale demote him? He wasn't risking his job by publishing that. That conspiracy theory you have exists mostly in your own mind, doubtlessly planted there by some site like Gateway Pundit. I can think of no better way to get depressed than by believing alarmist sites. Other reputable researchers have also said HCQ has some useful applications in dealing with this virus; but almost all of them also stress that it's not a cure-call and might affect some people negatively.[/QUOTE]

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that means we shouldn't be taking aquarium cleaner. . . . Never mind what Trump said.

Police investigating case of Arizona man who died after ingesting fish tank cleaner

Police are investigating the death of an Arizona man who died last month after he and his wife drank a cocktail of soda and the drug chloroquine phosphate in a supposed effort to fight the coronavirus.

The Arizona couple, Wanda and Gary Lenius, required immediate hospital assistance within 30 minutes of ingesting the drug, which is an ingredient found in fish tank cleaner.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned Friday that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine should not be used outside of a hospital or a clinical setting.

Wanda was able to throw up much of the drug, but Gary couldn’t be resuscitated, said Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director.

Wanda, 61, told NBC News that she and her husband ingested the fish tank cleaner after hearing President Trump talk about the possible benefits of chloroquine to fend off the virus.

“My advice is don’t believe anything that the president says and his people because they don’t know what they’re talking about,” she later said.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that means we shouldn't be taking aquarium cleaner. . . . Never mind what Trump said.

Police investigating case of Arizona man who died after ingesting fish tank cleaner

Police are investigating the death of an Arizona man who died last month after he and his wife drank a cocktail of soda and the drug chloroquine phosphate in a supposed effort to fight the coronavirus.

The Arizona couple, Wanda and Gary Lenius, required immediate hospital assistance within 30 minutes of ingesting the drug, which is an ingredient found in fish tank cleaner.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned Friday that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine should not be used outside of a hospital or a clinical setting.

Wanda was able to throw up much of the drug, but Gary couldn’t be resuscitated, said Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director.

Wanda, 61, told NBC News that she and her husband ingested the fish tank cleaner after hearing President Trump talk about the possible benefits of chloroquine to fend off the virus.

“My advice is don’t believe anything that the president says and his people because they don’t know what they’re talking about,” she later said.
lol you are weird!

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For the record, I note you did not answer my questions. I assume you did not read the entire article. I thought it was very good article. HCQ is not a miracle cure-all, but it is very likely very useful for people if they're diagnosed early. It is not useful for severe cases -- as the VA study showed.

We all might find our lives happier if we're not taking conspiracy theories too seriously.
oh, i dont doubt that their suppressing it either, i mean prohibited by some Grand Poobah or other? cmon

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, i dont doubt that their suppressing it either, i mean prohibited by some Grand Poobah or other? cmon
Maybe the white supremacists are behind it. Maybe it's Trump. This virus is more dangerous for blacks and Latinos. Maybe Trump thinks he can win the next election if enough blacks and Latinos die of coronavirus.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol you are weird!
Don't look at me. I didn't think using aquarium cleaner was a good idea just because I heard Trump talking about chloroquine. I also didn't drink bleach after I heard him rambling about disinfectants.

I recommend Trump goes back to television after losing the election. His new show could start with him dressed up like a doctor and saying, "I am not a doctor, but I played one when I was in the White House." He's holding something in his hands and about to drink it (with both hands, of course) when Melania dashes up and snatches it from him, crying, "No, Donald! Don't do it."

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't look at me. I didn't think using aquarium cleaner was a good idea just because I heard Trump talking about chloroquine. I also didn't drink bleach after I heard him rambling about disinfectants.

I recommend Trump goes back to television after losing the election. His new show could start with him dressed up like a doctor and saying, "I am not a doctor, but I played one when I was in the White House." He's holding something in his hands and about to drink it (with both hands, of course) when Melania dashes up and snatches it from him, crying, "No, Donald! Don't do it."
So you think Trump will lose?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Giuliano sorry bro, but you're making no sense to me. You antipathy against Trump is coloring everything you say... Talk about politicising covid... It was his fault some fearful folk drink a poison simply because Trump agreed with doctors regarding HCQ? His fault those folk were stupid?
The truth is that doctors are reporting interference from administration's in both health and government departments regarding their desire to prescribe HCQ. You said it is useful for early detections, just as doctors are saying. Just as the doctors were saying in front of the White House (late edit... Supreme court) in the video that was taken down by Facebook and YouTube. And that doctor who was so passionate who had 360 cases cured, said herself it is useful for early detections in particular, as well as a preventative. It is not anyone here who is saying that administrations like the CDC and FDA are restricting access... It's the doctors who are attempting to have it more openly available. Now if that isn't a conspiracy, what is it?
Oh, and I heard the very initial comment from Trump about disinfectants. I didn't take away what left wing media did. I would suggest you find the original news clip and post it here... Without comment and with context. Let's decide for ourselves without media selectivity and bias shall we,?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about? There was nothing controversial in that article. It was a scientific article. That is all it was.

Now look at the context in which you posted the link.

Really? I'd say that idea is promoted by some far-out sites, trying to get people wound up thinking there is some widespread conspiracy about this drug. Perhaps Breitbart publishes articles like that, meant to scare people -- and if you believe those sites, you keep going back to visit them to get the latest "news" about this or that imaginary threat.

I couldn't possibly comment on this since I have no idea about any of it. I must ask however why this site is so popular when you found it so dreadful.

You started off with a belief that doctors are being censored. When you read that article from a researcher at Yale, maybe you needed to ask yourself if your conspiracy theory was right. Apparently the idea that you might be wrong didn't cross your mind.

I repeat there was nothing controversial in that article. Why would Yale demote him? He wasn't risking his job by publishing that. That conspiracy theory you have exists mostly in your own mind, doubtlessly planted there by some site like Gateway Pundit. I can think of no better way to get depressed than by believing alarmist sites. Other reputable researchers have also said HCQ has some useful applications in dealing with this virus; but almost all of them also stress that it's not a cure-call and might affect some people negatively.
[/QUOTE]
You win. I'm a trouble maker.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So if universal vaccinations are the goal, what is the problem? What is so wrong with the government injecting medicine to prevent disease? Why not let them simply get in with it and we give them our bodies to do with as they wish... After all, government wants what is good for us right? Right? What is in a vaccine that could be so bad? They're healthy aren't they????FB_IMG_1596946638101.jpg

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano sorry bro, but you're making no sense to me. You antipathy against Trump is coloring everything you say... Talk about politicising covid... It was his fault some fearful folk drink a poison simply because Trump agreed with doctors regarding HCQ? His fault those folk were stupid?
I think you're slightly confused here. When Trump made that statement, how many actual studies had been done?

Trump's biggest mistake was politicizing this from the beginning. Do you remember how Obama stayed out of the discussions about Ebola? He let the doctors do their thing. Trump made indiscrete comments and stupid people poisoned themselves. A President should realize that people hang on his every word. What he says matters -- or should. Things have deteriorated so much now that I ignore what Trump says. It was his fault. If he hadn't said that, they wouldn't have done it.

My antipathy to Trump? He'd like to get reelected. He wants to succeed at this. I am not going to believe in some government conspiracy to make Trump look bad. It's his government!

The truth is that doctors are reporting interference from administration's in both health and government departments regarding their desire to prescribe HCQ. You said it is useful for early detections, just as doctors are saying.
So you are blaming the Trump administration for this?

Just as the doctors were saying in front of the White House in the video that was taken down by Facebook and YouTube. And that doctor who was so passionate who had 360 cases cured, said herself it is useful for early detections in particular, as well as a preventative. It is not anyone here who is saying that administrations like the CDC and FDA are restricting access... It's the doctors who are attempting to have it more openly available. Now if that isn't a conspiracy, what is it?
There are rules about what medicines are approved for what conditions. If we are going to follow the rule of law, then we need to respect the rules. People who want to experiment with drugs can get permission to do their own studies.
From what I can see, some doctors were prescribing CDQ illegally. If they aren't allowed to use it, how can they say they produced evidence it works?

Oh, and I heard the very initial comment from Trump about disinfectants. I didn't take away what left wing media did. I would suggest you find the original news clip and post it here... Without comment and with context. Let's decide for ourselves without media selectivity and bias shall we,?
I saw the original. It was a foolish thing for a President to say. He should have known there would be some people who could think drinking disinfectants was a good idea. The CDC recently said there are still people drinking hand sanitizers.

If you want to see how the federal government is broken under President Trump, this article contains some insight.

Story here: People are dying after drinking hand sanitizer, CDC says - CNN

The US Food and Drug Administration has been repeatedly warning about methanol in some hand sanitizers distributed in the United States. Unlike ethanol -- the alcohol usually used to make hand sanitizer -- methanol is toxic and can even poison people through their skin. The FDA has warned against more than 100 hand sanitizer products.

The new CDC report follows that announcement, a CDC spokesperson told CNN in an email on Wednesday.

"We wanted to specifically look at adverse events related to methanol because it is known to be toxic and potentially life-threatening when ingested," the spokesperson said.

If the FDA knows that methanol in hand sanitizers can poison people through their skins, why haven't they banned it? Why issue warnings about 100 products? I saw a similar warning issued about some food supplement pills at some dollar store. My question is how did those pills get into the US? Why send Dollar Tree a warning letter? Why not ban all products from the Chinese company that made the pills?

Dollar Tree OTC drugs: FDA sends warning letter over Assured Brand

Dollar Tree is under fire for stocking “potentially unsafe drugs” and cosmetics.

The Food and Drug Administration said in a news release on Thursday it sent a warning letter to Greenbrier International Inc., which does business as Dollar Tree, outlining “multiple violations of current good manufacturing practices at contract manufacturers used to produce Dollar Tree’s Assured Brand OTC drugs” and other products sold at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar stores.

“Americans expect and deserve drugs that are safe, effective and that meet our standards for quality,” Donald D. Ashley, director of the Office of Compliance in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said in the release. “In this case, Dollar Tree has the ultimate responsibility to ensure that it does not sell potentially unsafe drugs and other FDA-regulated products to Americans.”

So who's running things at the FDA? Why does Trump keep him there?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You win. I'm a trouble maker.
I didn't win anything. If that is how you look at our exchanges, perhaps we are wasting time.

Shouldn't we care more about what is right and less about winning or losing in some debate? I think someone who can correct me has done me a favor.