David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love the movie also! Pat Boone's brand of idealism really works for me!

:)

Was the the Cross and the switchblade with Pat Boone?

Remember Nicky Cruz in the book, he was the street druggie & thug that got saved in the street at the beginning.
He came to preach and give his testimony in England before we left...my eldest was only 14 , it very much impacted her. We waited to talk to him afterward ..she's never forgotten it. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Certainly I have. Different thing than being "obsessed," however, which I took exception to.
On Page #1 of my featured threads:

11 center on the examination of Biblical verses and passages, particularly the parables.
7 discuss Biblical issues (like keeping the greatest commandment, if the rapture is a literal event, divisiveness among Christians, etc.)
1 is political
1 is about visions and dreams (not including this one), and
1 is about prophecy.

Now that's not being "obsessed" with talking about dreams and visions, but you are tempting me to get there when you make cracks like that, LoL.

So knock it off! : )
Yours,
HiH

Well my friend, your threads all make a nice welcome change from some we have here repetitively. Like Rapture, trinity, second coming..etc...
Neither have you posted "many" of them...

Keep up the good work....P L E A S E. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul, @GTW27, @lforrest, @Josho, @amadeus, @Triumph1300, @brakelite, @Mayflower, @prayerwarrior, @rockytopva (for starters).

It appears that as of Post #7 I have struck a nerve on this thread, and the Accuser of the Brethren does not want the video I posted being discussed. So I'm sensing that what needs to take place now is for more attention to be drawn to it. Hence I am inviting you all to share your opinions, favorable or unfavorable.

No offense taken from those who wish to avoid a fight, since that may likely be what this thread becomes, but I now intend on dealing with this vision in full, piece by piece, if for no other reason than for my own sake, since it appears the enemy does not want it being read and analyzed.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Hope they all respond :D

My vote as you can already guess , is that I do not think the video is 100% God inspired.

Maybe as you open it up step by step you may get me to change my mine...we will see :D

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My vote as you can already guess , is that I do not think the video is 100% God inspired.

Well I certainly don't mind differences of opinion, LoL. And when it comes to prophecy, we really won't know until all is said and done anyway. But when I see certain elements being repeated in vision after vision, it gets my attention : )

Anyway, thanks for the nice posts. For all I know, this thread will have only one participator from here on out. It's a long video to take time out for, and not everyone is into the subject matter. So no sweat.

Enoch is right about one thing: I'm into prophecy - both Biblical and modern - and have been for a very long time.
But then, so was Peter, so maybe I'm in good company : )

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Hidden In Him

Just interested .
..If you did :) you would get a smiling face..
...but when you post : ) like you do..you don't get the yellow smiler.
...OR are you making a gap between the : and the ) on purpose ?

:) :) :)

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! I just watched the video. I felt grieved as I watched it and I ended it early. But there was one part that I know is true. When he talks about the invisable church. This will become evident shortly, as the things become worse and worse. The battles to come will not be fought by the institutions of man but by those who have forsaken there own lives. I have heard that some in here feel stagnent, or feel like they are not growing, or stuck on their walk and the answer is really simple. "Give"

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessings in Christ Jesus! I just watched the video. I felt grieved as I watched it and I ended it early. But there was one part that I know is true. When he talks about the invisable church. This will become evident shortly, as the things become worse and worse. The battles to come will not be fought by the institutions of man but by those who have forsaken there own lives. I have heard that some in here feel stagnent, or feel like they are not growing, or stuck on their walk and the answer is really simple. "Give"

Good word , true ...
I always believe when there is a stagnant time or a dry time...it is time to forget self and what we are not, and start to PRAISE Him for all He is...
That blows the cobwebs away and keeps our focus on the His victory, and off of " how am I doing".

Reactions: Waiting on him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him

Just interested .
..If you did :) you would get a smiling face..
...but when you post : ) like you do..you don't get the yellow smiler.
...OR are you making a gap between the : and the ) on purpose ?

:) :) :)

Just an easier way of making a smilie than having to click on the menu for it.
Besides, the yellow smilie looks a little too happy sometimes, like maybe he's on meds or something. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! I just watched the video. I felt grieved as I watched it and I ended it early. But there was one part that I know is true. When he talks about the invisible church.

Yes. I'll get there eventually, but this is one of a number of things that is confirmed by other major dreams and visions. There is going to be house church movement in the future, and part of the reason is explained in this vision: Persecution will force the true church to become more invisible. Those churches who are advertising who they are and when they meet will be easy targets for satanists, and those enraged against Christians.

Blessings, GTW, and hope you are well.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks brought this vision up for discussion on another thread, and got me interested in watching it. I've been through part of the following video, and find myself agreeing with much of what it predicts (I see most of it as still set in the future), but maybe others here would disagree.

Thought it would make for an interesting discussion, so I will post it here and open the floor for comments. Included after the video will be Marks' post, which could serve as starting points for discussion.

Blessings in Christ to all who respond,
Hidden

David Wilkerson created Teen Challenge. It was one of the programs that changed my life. I am very interested in watching this.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good word , true ...
I always believe when there is a stagnant time or a dry time...it is time to forget self and what we are not, and start to PRAISE Him for all He is...
That blows the cobwebs away and keeps our focus on the His victory, and off of " how am I doing".

What is meant by "Give", I will show by example. The Lord has given us all a measure, as well a relationship. Today I will go out into the world. I have faith that He will provide everything I need. I will meet strangers as well as the lost. I am willing to give to them as He has already given to me. In my right hand, picture a clear glass of water. When I come across someone who is thirsty, I give them some of this water. Sometimes this water is The Word of God, and sometimes it is a testimony of how Good God(The Lord) is. And sometimes it is doing something for someone. If I do this, and I can not help but do this(for He is with me) then at the end of the day my glass should be empty, but instead, He fills it to overflowing. I never plan on giving, but I allow and fully agree with Him giving through me, the least of His. The talents were never about money, but about the measure of Grace He has given to all of us. I hope that this reaches those that need to hear this. Be Blessed Helen!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David Wilkerson created Teen Challenge. It was one of the programs that changed my life. I am very interested in watching this.

Here is a recording from the mid 60s from a man that wasn’t claiming to be a profit, which I happen to believe is a good indication he very well may be?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:16 KJV
[16] And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

Here’s a prophetic word?

Tecarta Bible

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I'll get there eventually, but this is one of a number of things that is confirmed by other major dreams and visions. There is going to be house church movement in the future, and part of the reason is explained in this vision: Persecution will force the true church to become more invisible. Those churches who are advertising who they are and when they meet will be easy targets for satanists, and those enraged against Christians.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! Yes there will be house churches but not just because of persecution. People say, where are the Apostles, where are the Prophets? Has anybody looked in the wilderness? Where did Paul disappear to, to be nourished for a season? Not by flesh and blood was He taught. How was John the Baptist taught before his revealing to Israel? Does the church really believe that The Lord would not be prepared for the things to come?
Does He not hold Victory in His right Hand?
When one looks at the visable church it appears to be a mess. But what about the invisable church? In you lifetime (even when you think these things are far off) you will see them, and they will carry Victory in their right hand. They will conquor by The Blood of The Lamb and The Word of their testimony. The world and most of the visable church have no idea what is coming next, and yet it still coming.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the the Cross and the switchblade with Pat Boone?

Remember Nicky Cruz in the book, he was the street druggie & thug that got saved in the street at the beginning.
He came to preach and give his testimony in England before we left...my eldest was only 14 , it very much impacted her. We waited to talk to him afterward ..she's never forgotten it. :)
Pat Boone as David, and Eric Estrada as Nicky.

These sorts of things really tend to impact us, do they not?

Much love!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul, @GTW27, @lforrest, @Josho, @amadeus, @Triumph1300, @brakelite, @Mayflower, @prayerwarrior, @rockytopva (for starters).

It appears that as of Post #7 I have struck a nerve on this thread, and the Accuser of the Brethren does not want the video I posted being discussed. So I'm sensing that what needs to take place now is for more attention to be drawn to it. Hence I am inviting you all to share your opinions, favorable or unfavorable.

No offense taken from those who wish to avoid a fight, since that may likely be what this thread becomes, but I now intend on dealing with this vision in full, piece by piece, if for no other reason than for my own sake, since it appears the enemy does not want it being read and analyzed.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Years ago, a friend recommended that I read Wilkerson's book Set the Trumpet to Thy Mouth. The one thing I remember about it is that Wilkerson said that God would destroy America, and the righteous would perish with the wicked. I don't know if he used these exact words, but I believe I have the sentiment correct. I really took issue with this belief based on the encounter Abraham had with the Lord over Sodom.

Gen 18:22-26-- Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, while Abraham was still standing before the Lord. Abraham came near and said, “Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it? Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.”

You probably know that Abraham got the number down to ten, and the Lord agreed. Of course, there were not even ten found in Sodom who were righteous in God's eyes. So, God made sure that Lot and his family were removed, and then God poured out His wrath on Sodom and destroyed the city....

I don't believe that God will pour out His wrath on those who have the righteousness of Christ. In fact, Paul said that God has not destined us for wrath (1 Thes. 5:9). This one prediction by Wilkerson put his whole prophecy into question in my mind. Maybe this is too harsh a standard to judge by, but it's a big deal to me. So, that's my take.

Reactions: GTW27 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is going to be house church movement in the future, and part of the reason is explained in this vision: Persecution will force the true church to become more invisible. Those churches who are advertising who they are and when they meet will be easy targets for satanists, and those enraged against Christians.

"Going to be" ?
:D I did not know that they had stopped. LOL

We started a house church in 1972
I have always believed that it is the way.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is meant by "Give", I will show by example. The Lord has given us all a measure, as well a relationship. Today I will go out into the world. I have faith that He will provide everything I need. I will meet strangers as well as the lost. I am willing to give to them as He has already given to me. In my right hand, picture a clear glass of water. When I come across someone who is thirsty, I give them some of this water. Sometimes this water is The Word of God, and sometimes it is a testimony of how Good God(The Lord) is. And sometimes it is doing something for someone. If I do this, and I can not help but do this(for He is with me) then at the end of the day my glass should be empty, but instead, He fills it to overflowing. I never plan on giving, but I allow and fully agree with Him giving through me, the least of His. The talents were never about money, but about the measure of Grace He has given to all of us. I hope that this reaches those that need to hear this. Be Blessed Helen!

Amen. Excellent post 100% agree. Esp re The Talents

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessings in Christ Jesus! Yes there will be house churches but not just because of persecution. People say, where are the Apostles, where are the Prophets? Has anybody looked in the wilderness? Where did Paul disappear to, to be nourished for a season? Not by flesh and blood was He taught. How was John the Baptist taught before his revealing to Israel? Does the church really believe that The Lord would not be prepared for the things to come?
Does He not hold Victory in His right Hand?
When one looks at the visable church it appears to be a mess. But what about the invisable church? In you lifetime (even when you think these things are far off) you will see them, and they will carry Victory in their right hand. They will conquor by The Blood of The Lamb and The Word of their testimony. The world and most of the visable church have no idea what is coming next, and yet it still coming.

thumbup1[1].gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Years ago, a friend recommended that I read Wilkerson's book Set the Trumpet to Thy Mouth. The one thing I remember about it is that Wilkerson said that God would destroy America, and the righteous would perish with the wicked. I don't know if he used these exact words, but I believe I have the sentiment correct. I really took issue with this belief based on the encounter Abraham had with the Lord over Sodom.

YES!! Totally Agree...that is why I said earlier in this thread that I personally found him to be 'a mixture' the older he got.

I too was annoyed with that statement of his that you quoted ...

I thought.." Hmmm so England , France , Denmark are just fine...why just "America" picked in his "prophesy"!! hmm[1].gif

Oh right...maybe because USA thinks it is the centre of the world and God sees none other!! :D :D Sorry , no offence to anyone...just saying.

No, his prophesies were not 100% pure

Reactions: Prayer Warrior