David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree...that is why I said earlier in this thread that I personally found him to be 'a mixture' the older he got.

I too was annoyed with that statement of his that you quoted ...

I thought.." Hmmm so England , France , Denmark are just fine...why just "America" picked in his "prophesy"!! View attachment 8000

Oh right...maybe because USA thinks it is the centre of the world and God sees none other!! :D :D Sorry , no offence to anyone...just saying.

No, his prophesies were not 100% pure
What??? The good ole USA is the center of the universe. I'll pray for you Helen, so you can see the truth! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks I am not writing against or in opposition to you, but rather using your question and comments to amplify or focus on some the things I understood after watch the video. I ask for you forgiveness if what I write is offensive to your unnecessarily. That was not my purpose:

There's another question in my mind as I think about prophecies such as this. Right or wrong, how does it actually help us in ways that the Bible and the Holy Spirit don't do better?
How does it help us? You say the Bible and Holy Spirit do it better. Better than what? Better than the ways of man?

If David Wilkerson [DW] was not walking in the ways of men with his prophecy, but being led by the Bible as the Holy Spirit brought it to Life within him, then would it not be the Word of God? Would it not be the Holy Spirit using him as a mouthpiece?

Let us be careful not to put God against God. Let us, each of us, seek God, His kingdom and His righteousness so that we are all approaching Him and His Way more closely all of the time. Was DW never doing that?

It spreads fear, I know that. But about warning us the end will come, that society will continue to degenerate, all these things, the Bible teaches us all of that.
The fear of which you speak may relates to the fear our old man has of the calamities we see described in the scriptures and touched upon by DW and by any true prophets of God. If, however, we were always on God's side, what would there be to fear? Do we walk as Caleb and Joshua walked toward Canaan Land or do we walk as the remaining masses of natural Israelites who feared the giants, as did the other 10 spies, more than they trusted almighty God who has never lost a battle?

In his prophecy, David addresses things that aren't covered in the Bible. I love to use the nude dancing in churches as an example, not out of prurience, rather, because we all know it's not happening, didn't happen, yet was very specifically included in his prophecy.
If it was wrong in some measure, would he be the first real prophet of God to allow a bit of his own remaining flesh mix with that which is of God alone? I think not! I know what the scripture says about false prophets but remember also that God does speak through creatures which are not men of God such as Balaam's donkey and sometimes the worst enemies of God, such as the High Priest in Jerusalem during the time of Jesus there, will still give forth correct prophetic words. Sometimes proven prophets [e.g. unnamed prophet sent out of Judah to prophesy to the first king of the northern 10 tribes (I Kings 13) ] will then stumble losing his own way with God. The prophecy given was still valid coming to pass over 300 years later (II Kings 23:17).

What do we gain from this?
We gain whatever good God quickened within us as we read and/or watched it. Do we have the Holy Spirit in us sifting through everything we consume so we may receive and understand any message from God?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was impossible for people like DW to know God's plans for the end times. as Daniel 12 says; the vision was sealed until the time of the end and then only a few will understand. Obviously he didn't live in the actual end times.
You say, "people like DW" which makes it sound like you knew the man? Did you? Did you or do you really know his heart? Then, of course, you are speaking from your view [vision from God or educated conclusion?] of what is meant by the phrase in Daniel, "the end of time".

Then you use the word, "obviously" as if what may seem obvious and therefore correct to you should be equally obvious to the rest of us. Where is the source of what each of us knows from God, if not from the Holy Spirit? I know you are a student of these things and likely know a lot about the written scriptures than some others and perhaps me as well, but is that enough? How much did Saul of Tarsis know about the scripture before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus? How much was opened to Him by the quickening of the Holy Spirit that caused him to revise completely the way that served God?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep , read most of his books.

Some stand out...that one I need to refresh on...I have forgotten a lot of it now.

Wasn't his last one about the final trumpet or something...I forget that too.
I haven't read any of his books, but somehow, somewhere I did see the movie, The Cross and the Switchblade with Pat Boone and remember only how impressed I was by the theme. Having listened to the video in the OP and the posts of several people on this thread, I will probably soon be reading that book of which I do have copy...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I'll get there eventually, but this is one of a number of things that is confirmed by other major dreams and visions. There is going to be house church movement in the future, and part of the reason is explained in this vision: Persecution will force the true church to become more invisible. Those churches who are advertising who they are and when they meet will be easy targets for satanists, and those enraged against Christians.

Blessings, GTW, and hope you are well.
Invisible but visible! Invisible to the doubters and accusers, but clearer by the moment to those seeking His Kingdom and His righteousness continuously!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re: OP @Hidden In Him

It seems to me there are TWO solutions to any Prophetic topic.

The FIRST is: What do we see in the world. -- And it's EASILY confused when we compare our "standards" with the decline of society; or we expect Jesus to return some 40 years after the international recognition of Israel; or whatever "natural" justification pops into our mind. Think of the popular book: "88 Reasons for 1988".

The SECOND is: What does Scripture provide. -- Now this is almost as tricky as the first, because of FALSE teachings by the church; and our own inadequate grasp of Scripture. Take for example the "mortal wound that was healed". Was it already in existence PRIOR to the U.N. having started it's 42 months of influence, or was the wound inflicted DURING the 42 months?

Sometimes only hindsight gives us the context for our understanding.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What??? The good ole USA is the center of the universe. I'll pray for you Helen, so you can see the truth! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Actually, -- it is the "center of the universe" of the "nations" for the mid-1900's up to the dominion of the U.N. For what other nation has fulfilled as many "nation" Prophetic aspects as the U.S.? -- NONE! -- Russia clearly comes in Second, -- but even less with China.

Bobby Jo

PS I don't expect anyone to be able to respond intelligently to this post. But I do expect scoffers! :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, -- it is the "center of the universe" of the "nations" for the mid-1900's up to the dominion of the U.N. For what other nation has fulfilled as many "nation" Prophetic aspects as the U.S.? -- NONE! -- Russia clearly comes in Second, -- but even less with China.

Bobby Jo

PS I don't expect anyone to be able to respond intelligently to this post. But I do expect scoffers! :)

Lol, can I respond stupidly to it?? Sounds like you know a whole lot more about this than I do.

Blessings!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Bobby Jo

Scoffers...you got 'em.

Come on...I used to think England was the best and most powerful...and it was at one point.
God is looking at the world situation, not just at America!!!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scoffers...you got 'em.

Come on...I used to think England was the best and most powerful...and it was at one point.
God is looking at the world situation, not just at America!!!
That's right. England had the most powerful navy in the world when the American colonists whooped 'em. :D

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's another question in my mind as I think about prophecies such as this. Right or wrong, how does it actually help us in ways that the Bible and the Holy Spirit don't do better?

It spreads fear, I know that. But about warning us the end will come, that society will continue to degenerate, all these things, the Bible teaches us all of that.

In his prophecy, David addresses things that aren't covered in the Bible. I love to use the nude dancing in churches as an example, not out of prurience, rather, because we all know it's not happening, didn't happen, yet was very specifically included in his prophecy.

What do we gain from this?

Much love!
Churches in the nude is happening! Its sad to know that society is more degenerate. DW was right!
Congregation worships in the nude - CNN Video

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that God will pour out His wrath on those who have the righteousness of Christ. In fact, Paul said that God has not destined us for wrath (1 Thes. 5:9). This one prediction by Wilkerson put his whole prophecy into question in my mind. Maybe this is too harsh a standard to judge by, but it's a big deal to me. So, that's my take.

Hey, PW. Thanks for the post. About what you were saying, I can't attest to exactly what his words were either, but if you read between the lines of what he was prophesying in this video judgment is coming to the wicked and unrighteous, yes. But it is not coming to what he refers to as the Spirit-filled church in the end-times. They will suffer persecution, yes, but that is not God's judgment. That is opposition from the enemy, and in essence his judgment. I personally do think judgment is coming to America myself, but not everyone in it. As he states towards the end of the video (which is my favorite part, btw), all things are going to be working together for God to those who love God, and whereas the world (including America) is going to be falling into chaos, the true church is going to arise and display Christ to the world as being in practical terms the only real hope for mankind : )

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Going to be" ?
:D I did not know that they had stopped. LOL

We started a house church in 1972
I have always believed that it is the way.

:). On a large scale eventually; a wide-sweeping house church movement.
But of course you knew that because you are just pulling my chain, LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches in the nude is happening! Its sad to know that society is more degenerate. DW was right!
Congregation worships in the nude - CNN Video

My goodness... I was assuming it would likely be justified on the grounds that David danced naked before the Lord once, hence "nude dancing during worship." But the justification here appears to be to make everyone feel accepted. Good heavens...

Thank you for the post, Earburner. Very timely.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is a recording from the mid 60s from a man that wasn’t claiming to be a profit, which I happen to believe is a good indication he very well may be?

Almost reads like Paul Harvey might have been aware of the vision given in the OP, and based his piece loosely on it.

Paul Harvey always was kinda sharp, as I remember.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If David Wilkerson [DW] was not walking in the ways of men with his prophecy, but being led by the Bible as the Holy Spirit brought it to Life within him, then would it not be the Word of God? Would it not be the Holy Spirit using him as a mouthpiece?

Stepping out on a limb very few dare to even touch, are we? : )
The fear of which you speak may relates to the fear our old man has of the calamities we see described in the scriptures and touched upon by DW and by any true prophets of God. If, however, we were always on God's side, what would there be to fear? Do we walk as Caleb and Joshua walked toward Canaan Land or do we walk as the remaining masses of natural Israelites who feared the giants, as did the other 10 spies, more than they trusted almighty God who has never lost a battle?

I know your post was directed to marks, but just had to say, wonderful point. Thumbs up. The part of the video towards the end where he talks about being afraid of NOTHING because God will have every bit of end-times events under His control, and all will be working for good to those who love God quite frankly had me gunned up! You don't hear anointed preaching like that much anymore, or at least I don't. I was sitting there thinking, "Now that is just KICK ASS!" LOL (pardon the French, or is it English... Swahili maybe? I dunno. I'm not good with languages).

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stepping out on a limb very few dare to even touch, are we? : )

I know your post was directed to marks, but just had to say, wonderful point. Thumbs up. The part of the video towards the end where he talks about being afraid of NOTHING because God will have every bit of end-times events under His control, and all will be working for good to those who love God quite frankly had me gunned up! You don't hear anointed preaching like that much anymore, or at least I don't. I was sitting there thinking, "Now that is just KICK ASS!" LOL (pardon the French, or is it English... Swahili maybe? I dunno. I'm not good with languages).
I also really appreciated what DW had to say and the only point I remember which I don't see as happening ...yet, was already mentioned on someone else's post about dancing in the nude in churches. However, before deciding that DW was not in the end time, would we not need to know [that is know, rather than guess or believe] what the end time is to God and how long in human terms the end time will last? One year, fifty years one hundred, twenty centuries?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a dream last night,

I dreamt I walked out on my back porch and found my dog lying there next to a dead white rabbit, the rabbit was covered in dirt.

I picked up the rabbit hoping for it to still be alive, as I know my neighbors raise blue ribbon white bunnies.... it was already stiff, so I did the best I could with warm water and soap to clean it’s fur.

Upon being certain my neighbors weren’t home I took the rabbit too their back yard and placed it in an empty cage.... about two hrs later I hear horrific screams coming from my neighbors.

I ran next door and asked them what’s wrong, the neighbors barely able to speak inform me the rabbit died a week ago and they had buried it

I conclude that God wants me to get rid of the dog?

Reactions: amadeus