David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a dream last night,

I dreamt I walked out on my back porch and found my dog lying there next to a dead white rabbit, the rabbit was covered in dirt.

I picked up the rabbit hoping for it to still be alive, as I know my neighbors raise blue ribbon white bunnies.... it was already stiff, so I did the best I could with warm water and soap to clean it’s fur.

Upon being certain my neighbors weren’t home I took the rabbit too their back yard and placed it in an empty cage.... about two hrs later I hear horrific screams coming from my neighbors.

I ran next door and asked them what’s wrong, the neighbors barely able to speak inform me the rabbit died a week ago and they had buried it

I conclude that God wants me to get rid of the dog?

Or don't dig up the past...it could harm someone.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, can I respond stupidly to it?? Sounds like you know a whole lot more about this than I do.

Blessings!

Hey PW,

Snappy! ;) Yeah, there is so much in Scripture which the church is oblivious to, -- specifically the 1900's including WWI, WWII, -- probably close to 100 different details IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER --, all pertaining to the end-time "nations" of the earth. But if you ask if the U.S. is in Bible Prophecy, you'll get jeered at, as though the uninformed opinion-heads have any clue.

And it would seem that if something is in Scripture, it's PROBABLY THERE FOR OUR BENEFIT. So I encourage and exhort you to ask away, because as we freely receive, we are to freely give! :)

Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey PW,

Snappy! ;) Yeah, there is so much in Scripture which the church is oblivious to, -- specifically the 1900's including WWI, WWII, -- probably close to 100 different details IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER --, all pertaining to the end-time "nations" of the earth. But if you ask if the U.S. is in Bible Prophecy, you'll get jeered at, as though the uninformed opinion-heads have any clue.

And it would seem that if something is in Scripture, it's PROBABLY THERE FOR OUR BENEFIT. So I encourage and exhort you to ask away, because as we freely receive, we are to freely give! :)

Bobby Jo
I don't doubt that the US could be in Bible prophecy. The past, present and future are all known to God equally. I've heard different ideas about what the Bible says about it. In fact, over the years, I've heard so many different interpretations of Bible prophecy, I listen, but I don't put complete confidence in anyone's interpretation. I know that a lot of big things happened in the 1930s.

I would be interested to see your timeline. Do you have it written anywhere?

Reactions: Helen

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scoffers...you got 'em.

Come on...I used to think England was the best and most powerful...and it was at one point.
God is looking at the world situation, not just at America!!!

Here you go:

Dan. 11:5 “Then the king of the south shall be strong, but one of his princes shall be stronger than he and his dominion shall be a great dominion.

The "King of the North" -- the Bear -- is Russia (geographically); the "King of the South" is England -- the Lion --, and the Strong Prince which exceeded the "King" is the U.S. -- the Eagle --; and the "East" is China -- the Leopard, which is ACTUALLY a Tiger --.

If it's History, it's also Scripture. and that's what Bible Prophecy tells us, BEFORE IT HAPPENS! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I dreamt I walked out on my back porch and found my dog lying there next to a dead white rabbit, the rabbit was covered in dirt.

I picked up the rabbit hoping for it to still be alive, as I know my neighbors raise blue ribbon white bunnies.... it was already stiff, so I did the best I could with warm water and soap to clean it’s fur.

Upon being certain my neighbors weren’t home I took the rabbit too their back yard and placed it in an empty cage.... about two hrs later I hear horrific screams coming from my neighbors.

I ran next door and asked them what’s wrong, the neighbors barely able to speak inform me the rabbit died a week ago and they had buried it

I have two stories which were not dreams or visions, but actual occurrences that may relate to yours.

1) Our dog, a Golden Retriever mix caught a baby rabbit in the yard and brought it to me. She had it in her mouth with its head hanging out on one side of her jaws and its rear legs hanging out of the other side. As my wife on looked in anguish, I called Blondie to me. She obediently opened her jaws when I spread them with my hands. The rabbit was alive and seemingly unhurt. I put it on the ground and it hopped off into the brush where to mama and syblings as if nothing had happened. Blondie had never closed her jaws tightly only lightly pinning the tiny creature without harming it at all.

2) The next door neighbor's young cat [not a baby] had apparently established a routine of going over the fence and crossing our back yard before we lived there with our three dogs. Once, shortly after we moved into the house I had observed through the rear window of our house the cat trying to make the crossing with two of our dogs [Blondie the soft hearted dog not included] loose in what was now their yard. The cat quickly ran up the fence then up a telephone pole staying there for a long as I watched while the dogs barked at him for a long while.

A few days later the cat tried it again, but this time the dogs, 30-40 lbs. each, caught the cat. I heard the commotion and ran out the back door to see the car defending itself vigorously but not well enough against the two dogs. I called them off and they both came to me. The cat already mauled badly died before I could approach to check its. Both my dogs had a few scratches but nothing serious. Not even having met the neighbors yet, I took the cat and disposed of it. It was allowed to run loose and was not wise enough after its first close call to steer clear, so I felt no blame on our part for my dogs were confined to their own yard. Only a cat, or similarly nimble critter could climb that fence. I considered advising the owners, but could see nothing edifying in that, so I did not.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago, a friend recommended that I read Wilkerson's book Set the Trumpet to Thy Mouth. The one thing I remember about it is that Wilkerson said that God would destroy America, and the righteous would perish with the wicked. I don't know if he used these exact words, but I believe I have the sentiment correct. I really took issue with this belief based on the encounter Abraham had with the Lord over Sodom.

Gen 18:22-26-- Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, while Abraham was still standing before the Lord. Abraham came near and said, “Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it? Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.”

You probably know that Abraham got the number down to ten, and the Lord agreed. Of course, there were not even ten found in Sodom who were righteous in God's eyes. So, God made sure that Lot and his family were removed, and then God poured out His wrath on Sodom and destroyed the city....

I don't believe that God will pour out His wrath on those who have the righteousness of Christ. In fact, Paul said that God has not destined us for wrath (1 Thes. 5:9). This one prediction by Wilkerson put his whole prophecy into question in my mind. Maybe this is too harsh a standard to judge by, but it's a big deal to me. So, that's my take.

The wrath to come is appointed for the sons and daughters of disobedience. For those that are truly His, this will not come near them(their tent). In the old, blood was put on the door post so that a Passover occured. In the new, a Passover also occurs for those that are under(covered) His Blood and sealed unto The Day of Redemption. The Lord is very zelous and protective for those that are His own. These are His special possession on the day He acts. So your take is correct.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't doubt that the US could be in Bible prophecy. The past, present and future are all known to God equally. I've heard different ideas about what the Bible says about it. In fact, over the years, I've heard so many different interpretations of Bible prophecy, I listen, but I don't put complete confidence in anyone's interpretation. I know that a lot of big things happened in the 1930s.

I would be interested to see your timeline. Do you have it written anywhere?

I DO, -- but it's more important to know where GOD has it written. So if the angel is correct (Dan. 12:4 & 9) and Chapter 11 first has to cover the sequence of world history, -- and we KNOW that 2:45 DEMANDS FIVE WORLD EMPIRES (Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE) and Chapter 7 depicts the FIFTH "Divided Kingdom" which consists of the THREE SUPERPOWERS: Lion/Eagle, U.K./U.S.; Bear, Russia; Leopard (actually a TIGER), China; and the "Dreadful" United Nations; then we can start to consider Chapter 11.

And where NONE can find "Darius the Mede" in the COMPLETE Medo/Persian records, -- because he was the LAST BABYLONIAN KING --, we find:

Dan. 11:1 And as for me, in the first year of Darius the Mede, I stood up to confirm and strengthen him.

Of course, MacArthur didn't need "strengthening" when he took Governorship over Japan, but Hirohito DID need strengthening, and we wasn't even going to the gallows, -- he was simply under MacArthur. But Darius might have his eyes plucked out, be fed to lions, be dismembered while still alive, or any number of horrific outcomes.

Dan. 11:2 “And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia; and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them; and when he has become strong through his riches, ....

So here we see the sequence of the FIVE World Empires, starting from Darius GOLD (is); 1 of 4 "more" -- Medo/Persian SILVER (arose in Persia); 2 of 4 "more" Grecian BRONZE (Conquered Persia); 3 of 4 Roman IRON (had dominion over Persia); and some 1,500 years later (and when he has become strong), the "Divided Kingdom" CLAY (DID NOT arise or have dominion over Persia).

And at the advent of the CLAY we should find WWI:

Dan. 11:2 ... he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece.

Now don't confuse Stereo-Type with Geography. Specifically, Dan. 2:39 says:

Dan. 2:39 After you shall arise another kingdom inferior to you, and yet a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.

This is a DIRECT REFERENCE to "Greece", which is called "ALL THE EARTH". So in 11:2 we can say: " ... he shall stir up all against ALL THE EARTH" -- which is WORLD WAR I.

But make sure you keep things in context:

Dan. 11:3 Then a mighty king shall arise, who shall rule with great dominion and do according to his will. 4 And when he has arisen, his kingdom shall be broken and divided toward the four winds of heaven, but not to his posterity, nor according to the dominion with which he ruled; for his kingdom shall be plucked up and go to others besides these.

... because if I'm not mistaken, Germany conquered South, West, North, and East, and not only lost all FOUR directions, but had it's nation divided with some 96k sq. miles under the governorship of the West, and some 42k sq. miles under the governorship of Russia.

Scripture and History agree exactly as the angel (Dan. 12:4 & 9) DEMANDS, but sometimes the wording is a little confusing. So it takes a little more effort, -- but in some respects, it's a constant theme in Scripture so that the religious will hear but not perceive. :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath to come is appointed for the sons and daughters of disobedience. For those that are truly His, this will not come near them(their tent). In the old, blood was put on the door post so that a Passover occured. In the new, a Passover also occurs for those that are under(covered) His Blood and sealed unto The Day of Redemption. The Lord is very zelous and protective for those that are His own. These are His special possession on the day He acts. So your take is correct.
Wait a minute, I thought Gods wrath was satisfied?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hahaha! That is an old story, I heard it a long time ago!
I've even seen comedy 'take off's' of it on TV. :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait a minute, I thought Gods wrath was satisfied?

It ain't "satisfied". We're still waiting for the judgement of FIRE, and it will consume part of the church, and refine part of the church. My personal GUESS is maybe 60/40, but probably 80/20 given the slop we're fed from the HIRELING pulpits.

Not a very rosy picture, but better than the number on the ark ...
Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It ain't "satisfied". We're still waiting for the judgement of FIRE, and it will consume part of the church, and refine part of the church. My personal GUESS is maybe 60/40, but probably 80/20 given the slop we're fed from the HIRELING pulpits.

Bobby Jo
Do you think this will be literal fire ?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I also really appreciated what DW had to say and the only point I remember which I don't see as happening ...yet, was already mentioned on someone else's post about dancing in the nude in churches. However, before deciding that DW was not in the end time, would we not need to know [that is know, rather than guess or believe] what the end time is to God and how long in human terms the end time will last? One year, fifty years one hundred, twenty centuries?
We are actually told the approximate length of the end times.
They will commence with the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, Revelation 6:12-17, that will set the scene for all the prophesied things before Jesus Returns.
Immediately after the Sixth Seal, the Lord will open the Seventh Seal, which refers to a time gap. A gap of about a half hour in heaven.
We know that time is not and cannot be the same for God in heaven as for humans on earth. Two scriptures inform us of the difference; One Day to God [in heaven] is the same as 1000 years of earth time. Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8

So the simple calculation of 1/48th of 1000 years on earth, being the same as 1/48th of day to the Lord in heaven, means that the prophesied time period is about 15 to 20 years from the Seventh Seal until Jesus Returns.
Which is about right for all that is prophesied to happen then.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
And also, do you believe our salvation is based on what is spoken from pulpits?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think this will be literal fire ?

1/3rd of the EARTH; 1/3rd of the TREES; and ALL the GRASS.

Are you unfamiliar with global thermonuclear warfare?

Are you equally unprepared?

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

You've got ~a year and a half~ until you can't buy or sell, and two years until GTNW. And two years will FLY BY.
Bobby Jo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1/3rd of the EARTH; 1/3rd of the TREES; and ALL the GRASS.

Are you unfamiliar with global thermonuclear warfare?

Are you equally unprepared?

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

You've got ~a year and a half~ until you can't buy or sell, and two years until GTNW. And two years will FLY BY.
Bobby Jo
I understand, but I’m gonna look pretty ridiculous carrying around a sword and a purse, and a mantle... I hope that’s not like a scarf?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over 70 prophesies tell us it will be. Plainly stated as: Amos 1, Isaiah 66:15-17, 2 Peter 3:7, +
Isaiah 30:26a informs it will come from God's storehouse, the sun. NOT a thermonuclear war, which would pollute the earth for thousands of years.
Scientists have figured out how to go to the sun.... they’ve figured out they have to go at night.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And also, do you believe our salvation is based on what is spoken from pulpits?

... our lessons ARE. And we are stupid enough to believe what our HIRELINGS tell us. -- The LIARS -- not all, but I anticipate the greater percentage.

Bobby Jo