Dawkins, Hitchens and the media attention they gain...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.christian...am-craig-56780/

What do people make of Dawkins - in my view, a self-obsessed, arrogant media harlot. He was recently quoted as stating that Jesus would have been an atheist, the most preposterous statement I have ever heard.

He clearly doesn't understand anything about what Christianity is. He states the weirdest things for publicity. Here is another link....

http://www.christian...e-in-god-59127/

What are people's sentient thoughts about this? How does he get away with his horrible blasphemy?

Iunderstand he and Christopher Hitchens are part of something called the 'unholy trinity'? in academic circles.

I am so tired of hearing from him and seeing the attention he gets.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The world will go the world's ways... If people follow messages that please their flesh, then they have chosen their path.

The best remedy is for us to walk in the light, to be as Christ, and to be the ambassadors of God. In doing so, and becoming all things to all men, we might just save some! :)

Reactions: jacasteel

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
dont worry about it

people like dawkins have a purpose, they divide the faithful from the faithless and give people who have no love for God an opportunity to show whats really in their hearts.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Sad to see people like that, so lost and so full of themselfs. just have to pray for them to see the light. what a waste.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank u for your contribs :)
I shall not focus on their puffed up pride
Amen

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Thank u for your contribs :)
I shall not focus on their puffed up pride
Amen

No don't even waste your time, the man doesn't know his history even from a secular viewpoint. Ive run into more than a few of his ilk and they protect eachother in the academic community with much bias. I guarantee you he buttkissed and bullied his way to get his fancy earthly titles.

:lol: quote Dawkins "“I always said when invited to do debates that I would be happy to debate a bishop, a cardinal, a pope, an archbishop, indeed I have done those, but I don’t take on creationists and I don’t take on people whose only claim to fame is that they are professional debaters; they’ve got to have something more than that. I’m busy.”

He even needs to be very selective about who he spews his garbage to, he isn't even worth God's punishment.

sdcougar

Mar 17, 2010
South Dakota
Sad to say that Christopher Hitchens died a few days ago. Here is a link with comments on his death. And also a youtube video there where Hitchens, though he does not believe it, explains the Gospel to a liberal Christian lady.

http://www.bloggingtheologically.com/

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sad to say that Christopher Hitchens died a few days ago. Here is a link with comments on his death. And also a youtube video there where Hitchens, though he does not believe it, explains the Gospel to a liberal Christian lady.

http://www.bloggingtheologically.com/

Thank you for that, Cougar, most interesting, especially the debate in the comments underneath! I have this all the time and it is wearisome debating with people who should just get on with their lives if they have no God and leave us in peace.

In the debate comments was this:

If there is no God, then what is the reason you waste your time having an argument about it? If folks want to believe in God, how is that skin off your nose? Wouldn't you be having more fun pursuing pleasure in the short time you have left on this earth? I can't imagine wasting my time engaging in an argument with someone who was determined that the moon was made of green cheese. If I did, it would only be because I secretly suspected that they might actually be right. Hmmm....

:)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Why should they not have the same access to media coverage as anyone else.

If there wasn't an interest in what they had to say, the media wouldn't be there.

Media may be bias, but eventually, if there is no interest in what they are selling, they go away.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People like to watch others mocking and scoffing each other - message boards serve the same purpose for many. I think their fruit can be helpful for us - how different are we in the way we treat others?