Day of the Lord - Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
He has provided “the WORD OF GOD” that contradicts your narrative of the future events.

You wrote “the WORD OF GOD” in quotes correctly, it because is not the Word of GOD -the Word is GOD, GOD is Spirit - that contradicts my narrative of the future events as you said, what contradicts the Word of GOD is the deceiver post of GEN2REV that claims the Day of the LORD as a SINGLE DAY of 24 hours. This is wrong, wrong completely. Brother Enoch111 in his post refuted the false interpretation of GEN2REV, saying to him: "No, the Day of the LORD is not a 24-hour day and that should be very clear. The Great Tribulation coincides with the Day of the LORD."
GEN2REV replied Enoch 111 according his false interpretation, saying: "ABSOLUTELY False.
You're not getting THAT doctrine from the Bible."

In fact,the LORD's Day is not ONE SINGLE DAY of 24 hours as GEN2REV wants or intends to impose deceptively through his posts; He wrote: "God's Wrath lasts ONE SINGLE DAY and destroys the entire world as I have proven multiple times now with scripture". Unfortunately he is falsifying the Scriptures.

IN THE OTHER HAND, the question here was and is not the Word of GOD Himself, but THE FALSE INTERPRETATION of the Word of GOD, or FALSIFICATION OF THE WORD OF GOD, because was and is not by REVELATION, but by speculations, imaginations, presumptions, and conjectures, and even opinions based only in the letter of Scripture, the letter kills, so they mean nothing and are good for nothing except to kill the souls leading to misconceptions according HUMAN perspective, that is in the exact way the Devil likes. What matters is the interpretation according GOD's perspective.

That will require exegesis of the Scripture that he presented to refute rather than a “taint so” doubling down on your previous claim.

So, why do not you refuted his FALSE interpretation of the Word of GOD, yes, why didn't you do as I and others did, refuting his false interpretation by which he deceptively claims the Day of the LORD is a SINGLE DAY of 24 hours? You should refute him and his false interpretation of the Bible-the Word of GOD- instead of approving his false conceptions of the Scriptures, by the way, even his spirit asked you: "Would you allow me the opportunity to prove my claim?" Oh, please, be careful or get ready.

Revelation 11:v.15

The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD (of this Devil's world-Matthew 4:v.8-11) are become the kingdoms of our LORD, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
CONSEQUENCES IN THE WORLD OF DEVIL

Revelation 11:v.18- The nations were(will be)angry, and GOD's WRATH is come, ...

GOD's WRATH is now, even now, in this current time, and has already started and is running. Woe of the inhabitants of the earth.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, think about it. How do the heavens actually pass away? You're just talking about our atmosphere, or outer space, or both, together with all of the heavenly bodies that exist within them, right? So would Jesus be suggesting this? What kind of impact would this make on his Disciples?

What it means is that the hierarchical structure, from God to men, is going to be re-worked. The old hierarchy of men over men is going to be completely disestablished. The universe, as it existed to give freedom to evil angels, is going to go away. Satan will be bound.

If you think this means anything else, such as the disappearance of the sky, you're going to have to explain to me what this means, and what it would've suggested to those who whom it was originally given? They did not have astronomy classes back then. The going away of the sky would mean the current state of the climate would be extinguished in favor of something entirely new. It would mean an intense weather change, such as how Isaiah describes an intense light.

Isa 30.25 In the day of great slaughter, when the towers fall, streams of water will flow on every high mountain and every lofty hill. 26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

Zech 14.7 It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.

The following was a metaphorical expression of the fall of exalted rulers, which would be viewed like stars in the heavens.

Isa 13.10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
I disagree.

I maintain that you're reading a lot into the scriptures that isn't there.

But that's ok.

One verse speaks of God rolling the sky up like a scroll. That may not line up with what we believe about our world currently, but that doesn't mean we scratch what the Bible says and believe something totally different that lines up with 'what we've been told/taught' about our world. It means we re-think what we've been 'told/taught' and trust the scripture.

We're not smarter than God and He doesn't make mistakes. If He says the sky will be destroyed and the elements will melt, by golly somehow that's what's going to happen.

Otherwise, the entire Bible is thrown into question when we just change this and scratch that because we say it doesn't fit.

Let GOD be true ... and every 'man' a liar.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @GEN2REV, like he says, you are probably the same type who think God created the universe in 6 days.

Me too. That same Bible that tells me that God did that, is the same Book that tells me that Jesus loves me and died for me.
Which part is true and which part is not? Accepted by faith, all of it.
Very nicely put.

That is the exact point.

The moment we start changing world to universe and days to millennia and skies to space, etc., we throw the entirety of God's sacred Word into question and doubt.

If we truly love God, we should strive for literalism as much as possible. If we believe all the amazing and wonderful things He has done, if we truly believe, we must give Him the benefit of the doubt always.

Reactions: Cassandra

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That could be. But the point is, the kinds of things Jesus warned would be coming did not incite all kinds of concern from Christians. If so, why should we be concerned about a massive EMP event?
For a start; there is no use in panicking about what will happen. I read the Prophesies and I understand that the Lord will at some time, which could be tomorrow; very dramatically change this world. He will do it for the same reason He did it in the days of Noah.
My reason for posting a warning about this forthcoming disaster, is so people can know when it happens, it is from the Lord. So; what the Lord will use and its effects are important to know, as at that time; we are told to- Call upon the Name of the Lord and we will be saved.
Many will die and many will renounce God because what they wanted His to do, didn't happen.

Why it is so difficult for Christians to understand the end time prophesies, is because God has blinded His servants,
Isaiah 42:18-20, Matthew 11:25, Jeremiah 6:10, + God only knows His reasons for this.
Daniel 12:10 does say that a few will understand.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why do not you refuted his FALSE interpretation of the Word of GOD, yes, why didn't you do as I and others did, refuting his false interpretation by which he deceptively claims the Day of the LORD is a SINGLE DAY of 24 hours?
I compared EACH of his 5 statement to the verses he chose to support them and noted which phrases in each verse clearly supported the statement or implied support for the statement or did not (in my opinion) support the statement. So I have already addressed his claims.

Where we differ is that I have addressed them HONESTLY.

You make wild accusations while offering no support. You can SAY ‘the day of the Lord is not a single day’ as many times as you like, but until you provide scripture where God says that … it remains just your unsupported opinion.

He provided verses that SAY that the day of the Lord comes AFTER the tribulation and some wild celestial events. AFTER, by definition, means that they are not the same day. The ball is in YOUR court to both address the verses from Matthew and Isaiah as well as prove from scripture that the day of the Lord is multiple days.

Was God incapable of saying “the DAYS of the Lord” if that is what He meant?
Does Greek have no plural for “day”?

Reactions: GEN2REV

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother Enoch111 in his post refuted the false interpretation of GEN2REV, saying to him: "No, the Day of the LORD is not a 24-hour day and that should be very clear. The Great Tribulation coincides with the Day of the LORD."
The verse Enoch11 quoted to support his statement, contradicted the argument that the Great Tribulation coincides with the Day of the LORD. It also identified the day of the Lord coming AFTER the other events. After means “not the same” by definition.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Yes @GEN2REV, like he says, you are probably the same type who think God created the universe in 6 days.

Me too. That same Bible that tells me that God did that, is the same Book that tells me that Jesus loves me and died for me.
Which part is true and which part is not? Accepted by faith, all of it.

You both are confound the GOD's Plan to RESTORATION of all things-Acts 3:v.15-27 has nothing to do with the creation of Universe. The GOD's Plan to RESTORATION of all things as is described in Genesis, it is after the fall of the sons of GOD in Eden; Genesis was revealed to Moses after 2.500 years after Adam or two and half days of GOD"s works, Genesis HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CREATION OF UNIVERSE , this is a false and misleading conception of the readers of the Bible's letter, actually are conceptions based on presumptions and speculations, conjectures, imaginations, opinions, they mean nothing and are good for nothing, they are in the exactly way the Devil likes.

JESUS came in the fourth Day, that is around 4.000 years after Adam, and around 2.000 years ago, it means that the Word - the Word is GOD - was made flesh two thousand years ago, and from Adaam until the current time passed around 6.000 years - 4.000 years BC and 2.000 after Christ. To understand this it is necessary to be it is necessary to be illuminated by the Greater Light, and by the Lesser Light - Genesis 1:v.16 - as was Moses, otherwise you will be wandering in the total darkness of this abyss and the shadow of death, even or despite the Spirit of God still be moving over the face of the abyss.

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
I compared EACH of his 5 statement to the verses he chose to support them and noted which phrases in each verse clearly supported the statement or implied support for the statement or did not (in my opinion) support the statement. So I have already addressed his claims.

Where we differ is that I have addressed them HONESTLY.

You make wild accusations while offering no support. You can SAY ‘the day of the Lord is not a single day’ as many times as you like, but until you provide scripture where God says that … it remains just your unsupported opinion.

He provided verses that SAY that the day of the Lord comes AFTER the tribulation and some wild celestial events. AFTER, by definition, means that they are not the same day. The ball is in YOUR court to both address the verses from Matthew and Isaiah as well as prove from scripture that the day of the Lord is multiple days.

Was God incapable of saying “the DAYS of the Lord” if that is what He meant?
Does Greek have no plural for “day”?[/QUOTE

The only point of my post is that the LORD's Day lasts not a SINGLE DAY o 24 years as a deceiver spirit tries to impose. It is not true, but a false interpretation of the Word of GOD. The other things were added by the same spirit with the intention to FOIL and divert the main focus about the LORD's Day. I before said to (him;her?) : Oh yes, oh yes, "GOD's Wrath lasts ONE SINGLE DAY", yes, with the LORD a thousand years are as ONE DAY really-2 Peter 3.v.8, in fact the seventh and LAST Day, the Lord's Day (John 11:v.23-24), and all these things shall be DISSOLVED, destroyed, exactly from the TURN of the SIXTH to the SEVENTH DAY, understand?

I understand that you are mistaken. GEN2REV replied

No, I'm not mistaken. He/She? is.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that when God Himself comes (incarnate), mankind is presented with an example and a message and a SALVATION so simple and direct and comprehensive that ANYONE can do it … yet fallen men demonstrate once again that NOTHING is harder than the human heart … thus demonstrating that if any are to be saved, it must be God that does the saving (Ephesians 2:1-10) and if any are to obey, it must be God that transforms the heart both to will and to work for His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

1 the risen Jesus draws all men unto Him. John 12:32

2. All are given a measure of faith. Romans 12:3

3. Faith comes from hearing the word of God, Romans 10:17

4. People reject the prophets and Jesus, by resisting the Holy Spirit. Acts 7:51

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can appreciate your experience in writing about the Bible. We're discussing scripture here and it's kind of an imperative that we use phrases as they're used in scripture, if we value being accurate and in line with God's Word. That's my take on it.

You can call things anything you like, I suppose, but if you value clear communication of scriptural concepts, it does make sense to stay as close to the words/meanings given by scripture as possible.

'The Lord's Day' is used only in Revelation 1:10. It means the Sabbath Day.

Modern Church False Doctrine use the term as their Sunday day of worship. It is a misnomer.

The Day of the Lord is a very serious, and important, concept in scripture referring to the day of God's Wrath.

All of that is what the Bible tells us plainly. None of it is opinion.
Sorry, but the Lords day is the day Jesus rose - the first day of the week.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord's Day' is used only in Revelation 1:10. It means the Sabbath Day.
The Lords day is the 1st day, in honor of the day Jesus rose

The early church fathers, are a great commentary on the practices of the early church, but the SDA ignores their writing, because they show the early church kept the 1st day of the week:

To whit:

Ignatius seems to allude to “the Lord’s day” [Epistle to the Magnesians, 9], and Irenaeus [Quaest ad Orthod., 115] (in Justin Martyr). Justin Martyr [Apology, 2.98], etc., “On Sunday we all hold our joint meeting; for the first day is that on which God, having removed darkness and chaos, made the world, and Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead. On the day before Saturday they crucified Him; and on the day after Saturday, which is Sunday, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught these things.” To the Lord’s day Pliny doubtless refers [Epistles, Book X., p. 97], “The Christians on a fixed day before dawn meet and sing a hymn to Christ as God,” etc. Tertullian [The Chaplet, 3], “On the Lord’s day we deem it wrong to fast.” Melito, bishop of Sardis (second century), wrote a book on the Lord’s day [Eusebius 4.26]. Also, Dionysius of Corinth, in Eusebius [Ecclesiastical History, 4.23, 8]. Clement of Alexandria [Miscellanies, 5. and 7.12]; Origen [Against Celsus, 8. 22]. The theory that the day of Christ’s second coming is meant, is untenable. “The day of the Lord” is different in the Greek from “the Lord’s (an adjective) day,” which latter in the ancient Church always designates our Sunday, though it is not impossible that the two shall coincide (at least in some parts of the earth), whence a tradition is mentioned in Jerome [Commentary on Matthew, 25], that the Lord’s coming was expected especially on the Paschal Lord’s day. The visions of the Apocalypse, the seals, trumpets, and vials, etc., are grouped in sevens, and naturally begin on the first day of the seven, the birthday of the Church, whose future they set forth [Wordsworth].

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a start; there is no use in panicking about what will happen. I read the Prophesies and I understand that the Lord will at some time, which could be tomorrow; very dramatically change this world. He will do it for the same reason He did it in the days of Noah.
My reason for posting a warning about this forthcoming disaster, is so people can know when it happens, it is from the Lord. So; what the Lord will use and its effects are important to know, as at that time; we are told to- Call upon the Name of the Lord and we will be saved.
Many will die and many will renounce God because what they wanted His to do, didn't happen.

Why it is so difficult for Christians to understand the end time prophesies, is because God has blinded His servants,
Isaiah 42:18-20, Matthew 11:25, Jeremiah 6:10, + God only knows His reasons for this.
Daniel 12:10 does say that a few will understand.

Can you imagine if I called you "blind" every time you disagree with me? Can you imagine if I said the Lord gave me every interpretation of Scripture, and if you disagreed claimed you were missing the Lord? That's what you do!

Yes, people aren't supposed to be frightened about world-shaking events when they're following the Lord. All the threats of judgment are supposed to drive us to repentance where we safely walk in the righteousness of Christ.

Your claim that "it can happen at any minute" reeks of the same thing Pretribbers say, that the Rapture can take place at any minute! It's all designed to stoke your fears, thinking it is driving people to repentance. But it never does that. It just drives people into fear.

These kinds of stories belong in a magazine like the National Enquirer, which is a newspaper built on gossip, designed to be sensationalistic. It's an attempt to sell newspapers. It's false news.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, the real Hebrew word there for Heavens is Hashamayim and it means Sky-waters. Ask any true Hebrew-speaking person. It does not mean space or bodies in space at all.
The Jewish Tanakh renders Genesis 1:1..
"In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth. אבְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ:"
I think that the Jews who translated the Tanakh know what their own language means.....are these not "real Hebrew" speaking people? The prefix "ha" means "the".....so 'ha'shamayim is simply "the heavens".

"The Hebrew Word "shamayim"
“Shamayim” (ShMYM) is almost always translated to “the heavens” (the prefixing “H” adds a “the” to the word, so this page will appear for "heaven" or "heavens" since the use of the prefix is inconsistently used)."
Hebrew Meanings: Shamayim (and HaShamayim)

In the Bible there are three distinct meanings to the word "heaven(s)".
There is earth's atmosphere where birds fly....there is the the heavens above that where the sun, moon, stars and planets shine their light....and there is the heavens where God and his angels reside.

No. It means Day in the original Hebrew. The alternative definitions are modern NASB translations.

Strong's displays this clearly for all to see.
The word does not exclusively mean a 24 hour period, although it can. When science says that it has evidence that the earth itself is ancient and that animals long extinct preceded the appearance of man, then I believe that rules out 24 hour creative days.

Not all science is false...only the theoretical parts, which lack conclusive evidence are wrong.
Adaptation is often called "micro-evolution" by science, but it is provable.....what is not provable is the premise that "if a little is good a lot must be better"...they cannot use adaptation, which simply creates variety within a "kind", to prove that adaptive changes can make a whole new species over a long period of time. That assumption is never demonstrated in nature.

I challenge you to present any verse in scripture that uses the phrase Lord's Day besides Revelation 1:10.
I don't know why you want me to, as I have never questioned it. The apostle John "came to be in the Lord's Day" by means of a vision given to him by an angel....who received it from Jesus, who originally received it from God.

"The Lord's Day" is the final part of man's journey back to paradise. It is the reign of God's Kingdom to achieve reconciliation with God, bringing redeemed mankind back to God's original purpose.
2 Corinthians 5:18-20...
"And all these things are from God who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and who has given us the ministry of reconciliation. 19 In other words, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting people’s trespasses against them, and he has given us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making his plea through us. We plead with you on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God!

The seventh day was set aside for the outworking of God's purpose in creation, and for mankind to learn what the limits placed on their freedom would mean. God allowed ample time for all the "bugs" to be ironed out so that in the end Isaiah 55:11 would be fulfilled...

"So will My word be which goes out of My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the purpose for which I sent it."

At its conclusion, the seventh day will then be declared "very good" just as Jehovah declared the sixth day, thousands of years ago.

The Lord's Day means the Sabbath day per Isaiah 58:13 and the Day of the Lord is not the same thing; nor is it the Great Tribulation.
The Sabbath was an expression of God’s deep concern for the physical and spiritual welfare of his people. Jesus said: “The sabbath came into existence for the sake of man.” (Mark 2:27)

The Sabbath, sanctified by Jehovah afforded the Israelites a special opportunity to show their love for God....but sadly, by Isaiah’s time it had been reduced to a day of observing empty rituals and indulging in selfish desires. So once again, Jehovah had cause to censure his people. And again, he tried to reach their hearts......“If in view of the sabbath you will turn back your foot as regards doing your own delights on my holy day, and will actually call the sabbath an exquisite delight, a holy day of Jehovah, one being glorified, and will actually glorify it rather than doing your own ways, rather than finding what delights you and speaking a word; you will in that case find your exquisite delight in Jehovah, and I will make you ride upon the high places of the earth; and I will cause you to eat from the hereditary possession of Jacob your forefather, for the mouth of Jehovah itself has spoken it.” (Isaiah 58:13-14)

What resulted from Judah’s failure to honor the Sabbath? They were perverting the Sabbath and therefore are in danger of being cut off from Jehovah’s blessing. (Leviticus 26:34; 2 Chronicles 36:21)

Jesus is called "Lord of the Sabbath" because the 1000 year reign of God's Kingdom will bring God's Sabbath to a close.

All will then return to Jehovah's original plan for the human race on this planet....and the Son will then hand the reins back to his Father.

1 Corinthians 15:20-28...
"But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead also came through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ, the firstfruits; then when Christ comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then comes the end, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, when he has brought to an end all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be eliminated is death. 27 For he has put everything in subjection under his feet. But when it says “everything” has been put in subjection, it is clear that this does not include the one who put everything in subjection to him. 28 And when all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will be subjected to the one who subjected everything to him, so that God may be all in all."

Mission accomplished.....God's original purpose is restored and precedents are set for all eternity to come. No rebel will ever be permitted to slander the Father, again....case dismissed.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, seeing as how there is no word in the Hebrew language for universe, and never ever was, I'd have to correct you once again and say that the world was created in 6 literal days just exactly like God's Word states it was.

And I'm somehow painfully ingnorant for believing exactly what God says in His Word, is that it? You do know you're on a Christian chat forum, right? This isn't the Neil Degrasse Tyson fan club singles chat.
For starters, Gid said YOWM, you just don't understand what it means.

I have probably been a Christian (37 years) longer than you, and I teach prophecy and am called to it, its not a hobby. Now, here we have you, who is wrong on the facts, tying to insinuate only Tyson what's his name can espouse the facts via the earths creation. The very facts you deny testify to God He tells us the exact way He created the universes, and if you don't even understand what the universe is that is on you Mr. Wisenheimer. God called it the Face of the Deep in Gen. 1:2. My Blog on this gives real understanding of God's creation, it doesn't cling to a 24 hour day which is naive at best. The earth wasn't eve here for the first 9.2 billion years.

Is the Earth 4.5 Billion years old or 6000 years old?

I as a 30 year Christian try to think outside the box of normality. Is the universe 6000 years old? Is the universe 13.7 billion years old? Do these two questions clash or is there a translation barrier !! This is how I think. I try to bring both poles of thought towards each other starting with the facts. We know the universe has to be over 6000 years old because we see light from stars that are millions of light years away, so we would have to be naive to think the universe is 6000 years old.

Onward to what Genesis says about creation, does it really say the universe or earth is 6000 years old? I don’t think it does, I think its a mistranslation of a primitive language that had only around 4000 words at the time Genesis was written, whereas the English language has 500,000 words. Many of the Hebrew words had to be used in multiple ways. For instance the original meaning of the Hebrew word YOWM (Day) means “to be hot” and there are at least 50 other meanings listed in strong’s concordance’s lexicon of Hebrew words. A year, a month, a period of time, chronicles, evening and morning (beginning and end), age, perpetually, long, some time, whole, X required season, continually etc. etc., well you get the point.

YOWM or “To be hot”, what would this mean and why was it used since God is said via tradition to have given Moses the first five books of the Torah Himself. When the universe was spoken into existence by God, it took 400 million years for the first stars to form. So the first Day (to be hot) was the Evening (Darkness, 400 million years of darkness) and the Morning (The stars started forming/to be hot) and the first day was a “period of time” and in my opinion it lasted from 13.7 Billion BC until 4.5 Billion BC (9.2 Billion years) at which time the Sun & Earth were formed. So lets take a second and look at the Bible and the WMAP research and see if this all matches up in an analytical was as well as via the word of God, which is a must.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Now look below at the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) which launched in 2001 and won many awards, they mapped the whole universe out. Below as we see, you had Quantum Fluctuations which I contend is God(movement outside our Universe before our Universe came into being), then you had Inflation, followed by an afterglow, followed by 400 MILLION YEARS of Darkness !! Just like the bible says in verse 2, and there was Darkness on the Face of the Deep !! Gods word is perfect, it is us who are confused. DARK AGES Mapped out by the WMAP, followed by what? The first stars forming at the 400 million year mark. Verse three says what? and God said “Let there be light” God is right again. We are looking at Creation from Gods point of view, no man was there of course and with God he is not subject to time, he created time for us via this universe, but He is eternal and thus doesn't have a need to ever have been created. Remember the verse, a thousand years is like a day and a day like unto a thousand years unto God? In other words God lives in the past, present and future all at the same time.

wmap_0 (3).jpg

WMAP Map

So we had the Big Bang, followed by inflation, followed by cosmic microwave background where after 375,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes transparent to light. The microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce.

The first stars appear….gas clouds collapse, the fusion of stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the big bang. So, when the bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! The more we look for the answers, the more that science and the bible will converge, if both sides with differing viewpoints would only take their blinders off.

The second day (period of time) of course would be from the earth & the suns formation until the grasses and trees came forth on the third day (period of time) then on the fourth day it seems God Set the Seasons or placed the moon in its perfect orbit where our seasons are not strange, but orderly. The moon and earth is supposed to have collided and the earth gained the mass from the collision but gained a satellite. Anyway, that set the seasons, times, years etc. etc. Mind you, all of these ideas are rudimentary observations. A theory of how the things God says in His Holy Word and Science can both be factual. They are not meant to imply everything went down just so and in like manner, the dates of course are guesstimates, I wasn’t there.

On the fifth day God created the sea animals/birds and what not, were the Dinos created here or with the land animals? The fifth day lasted 300 million to 400 million years or so. On the sixth day around 300–350 Million B.C. God created the land animals. During this period of time the Dinosaurs became extinct about 70 Million years ago. Then during this “TIME PERIOD” (6th day) God decided to create man 6000 or so years ago. Some might protest that men have been around much longer, but I offer this up, where is the data? Men are record keepers and we don’t have proof of men going back any further as per the records. Now as per “MEN” being observed by scientists to have been around X Number of years, I never said animal like men weren’t around, I stated Human Beings were created 6000 years ago, when God placed His spirit in us and thus we became immortal in that our souls can not die. We were at that point in time “Created in Gods Image”. The other fossils and bones mean nothing, because scientists have no way of testing for God imparting His spirit into mankind and creating “Human Beings” with powerful intellects.

On the seventh day God rested, which only means He ceased creating the Heavens/Earth/Mankind/Animals. So when we see stars and galaxies created today, it was ordered forth 13.7 Billion years ago. So its not necessarily either or. We need to start looking at things with an open mind, be we an atheist or a Christian.

P.S. Just something to think about. Einstein’s theory of relativity is in the very first verse of the bible, relatively speaking….

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning (TIME) God created the heaven(SPACE) and the earth(MATTER).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God lives in ALL TIME at once, God's Laws of Nature which He created say the speed of light is a constant. Thus we can measure the distance all light has traveled since all of the stars started forming 400 million years after the Big Bang, which simply means God spoke creation into existence. I actually hear people say, well, God could have sped everything up..........WHY? He lives in ALL TIME at once, God is not impatient, that is a trait of men, God was living with us in the future 13.7 billion years ago, now please tell me again why God would change His constant Laws of Nature which He created, in order to hurry things up, when God lives in the future already !! It is a nonsensical argument, But errr hay mannn, I read that as day so it has to be day man. SMH.

THE FACTS, God says YOWM and you call it a day, not Him.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can you imagine if I called you "blind" every time you disagree with me?
The scriptures I cited prove that the Lord can and does 'blind' people to the truths of prophecy.
Isaiah 29:9-12 is a prime example and why He does it is explained. It is because they have confused themselves by believing in false theories and doctrines.
I never said that I was immune to it, but Daniel 12:10 does say that a few will understand. I am very careful to only promote what the Prophetic Word actually says, and to explain it with other scriptures or proven knowledge.

That my warnings are not accepted is not my concern. The ancient Prophets were vilified and ignored, why should anyone who promotes the truths of what they said; be any different?

The Day of the Lord will come as a nasty shock to all the world, just as it did before; in the days of Noah.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. the risen Jesus draws all men unto Him. John 12:32
Apparently, according to the Bible, He may draw all men, to some degree, but the man must answer the calling. John 6:44 Jesus states that nobody can come to Him unless they are drawn by the Father. Here's a critical point: Not all men are God's Sheep, God's Children. If they are not of Him, then they will not recognize His voice when He calls and will not respond to the call by following Him. John 10:27 There are conditions involved.
2. All are given a measure of faith. Romans 12:3
But it's what they do with that measure that counts. They must plant that measure and water it and nurture it and make it grow so that it bears fruit. They must put that measure into the bank that it may gain interest. Matthew 25:14-30 He who has a little faith and does nothing to nurture and increase that faith, will have it taken away from him and it will be given to another who has more faith.
3. Faith comes from hearing the word of God, Romans 10:17
Not just from hearing alone, but it must be heard by someone who has enough faith to absorb and maintain it. Hebrews 4:2
4. People reject the prophets and Jesus, by resisting the Holy Spirit. Acts 7:51
And they do so, as your verse there specifies, because they are not God's Sheep. As their fathers were not. They cannot hear His calling. "...ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."
Their father is the devil, not God. John 8:44 Because there is no Truth inherently inside of them, they cannot hear the Truth (Jesus). John 14:6

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but the Lords day is the day Jesus rose - the first day of the week.
It's ok. That's based only on modern man's tradition.

You will find no scripture anywhere that supports that claim.

The Bible states that The Lord's Day is the Sabbath Saturday.
Revelation 1:10
Isaiah 58:13

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lords day is the 1st day, in honor of the day Jesus rose. The early church fathers, are a great commentary on the practices of the early church, but the SDA ignores their writing, because they show the early church kept the 1st day of the week:
All Bible-believing Christians ignore the church fathers and their opinionated writings. The Bible gives zero special attention to the first day of the week and shows nowhere in scripture where that day is given special meaning.

Should we do what God tells us to do or what man tells us to do?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word does not exclusively mean a 24 hour period, although it can. When science says that it has evidence that the earth itself is ancient and that animals long extinct preceded the appearance of man, then I believe that rules out 24 hour creative days.
You admit that 'Day' CAN mean Day, therefore, based on all of the surrounding scripture context that implies a single day, and none that suggests a longer period of time, that is the definition of the word that you should go with.

You are choosing science created by man to define the Bible, and as the authority. Faith would choose the opposite course.

Mission accomplished.....God's original purpose is restored and precedents are set for all eternity to come. No rebel will ever be permitted to slander the Father, again....case dismissed.
ongoing twisting and perverting of scripture, proves that time is ..... not yet. ..... Not yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Earth 4.5 Billion years old or 6000 years old?

Onward to what Genesis says about creation, does it really say the universe or earth is 6000 years old?
Genesis doesn't state it, but when you add up all the generational lineages and do all the math, etc., the Bible as a whole does say that.

More interestingly, there is a very well known character in the Bible who uses the exact same method of questioning, and casting doubt upon, God's Word. Can you guess who it is?
Here's a hint:
Genesis 3:1
Genesis 3:4

I don’t think it does, I think its a mistranslation of a primitive language that had only around 4000 words at the time Genesis was written, whereas the English language has 500,000 words.
This is a perfect example of what has happened to all of you who have submerged yourselves in science for many years and have made science your God, casting aside the God of the Bible. You see the ancient Aramaic (ancient Hebrew) language (the language of God) as inferior, primitive and faulty. The language was created by God and is one of the most amazing languages of all that exist, for many reasons.

You have decided, from your 'science is God, evolution is truth' perspective, that people were ignorant, and barely wiser than monkeys, in Biblical times and the entire Bible needs science to correct all of its countless faults.

God says His Words are pure. Psalms 12:6

He says that His Word defines His Word; not science. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Timothy 6:20

Newer things are almost never better.
THE FACTS, God says YOWM and you call it a day, not Him.
No. Actually, God says Day. Just as the scripture, backed by Strong's concordance of the original Hebrew word, says it does.

Day. :)

Last edited: