'Death is swallowed up in victory' -When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's judgment through Adam, and all who are in him, is death (condemned already).
God's judgment through Christ, and all who are in Him by faith, is Life (not condemned).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You only spoke on the first part of what the world of the unsaved hope for in this life.
You neglected to comment on the latter part: "then sudden destruction, and they shall not escape."
So when the Lord returns in flaming fire, all the saints shall be changed/resurrected from off this then LoF, and ALL the wicked unsaved will be destroyed, with NO escapees.
So whats with your 1000 years of "peace and safety", with the saints reigning with Christ on earth, when there will be no one left to repopulate the earth?

Peace and safety does not come by or through men or Satan.

Since Abraham, there has always been a Remnant of ISRAEL Faithful to God Upon the Earth.
So Shall there be a Remnant of ISRAEL preserved, during the Tribulation...and After the Tribulation...during Christ's 1,000 yr Reign.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were judged as "not condemned" because of your faith in Jesus! KJV- John 3:18.
When you came to Jesus for the forgiveness of sin and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, THAT IS when you "appeared before the judgment seat of Christ".

No. I have not appeared before the Judgement seat of Christ.

^ That requires my physical Appointed Death First.

Gen 9
[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Glory to God,
Taken

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I have not appeared before the Judgement seat of Christ.

^ That requires my physical Appointed Death First.

Gen 9

Glory to God,
Taken
Gen 9
> Your understanding of God's "judgment" is contrary to NT scripture.
The judgment that was "appointed" to Adam and all descendants, was to DIE ONCE, but after this, God's Judgment unto Eternal Life, was to come through Christ.

And here is God's "judgment", that was to come "after" He "appointed" (judged) all men "once to die": John 3:18.

Read John 3:18 again, and learn that ALL who do come (appear) to God through Christ's judgment seat, HAVE COME to God's judgment through His Son, for His forgiveness, and therefore are NOT judged any longer. They are eternally secured/saved by the Blood of Christ, from being condemned unto the second death, which is total destruction/annihilation in the LoF.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are NOW "a partaker of the divine nature", then you are a participant in Christ's Resurrection, and been given the Gift of eternal life, through His Spirit, which is the token of His promise that we shall be bodily changed/resurrected into His likeness of Immortality.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But NONE were ever resurrected unto NEW Life. Only Christ was/is the firstborn from the dead. Therefore, He Himself IS
"the first resurrection".
"Blessed and holy is he, that hath part in THE first resurrection, the second death hath NO power.
Q. Are you NOW a "partaker of the divine nature"?
A. Yes or No? How?
Partaking of the divine nature is not partaking of the first resurrection. Partaking in the first resurrection is to be brought back from the dead so as not to be subjected to the "second death." What is the second death?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No.

No, I have never SEEN Him
Nor Stood BEFORE Him IN Judgement.

I have Believed IN AND Committed TO Him WITHOUT SEEING, And WITH and BY and THROUGH "FAITH",

He has NOT YET Judged Me.
He HAS:
Forgiven my flesh, my soul
Washed my flesh,
Sanctified my Body, soul, spirit,,
Covered the sin of my flesh,
Restored and Saved my soul,
Given me His Seed,
Quickened my spirit,
Blessed me with His Gift of Faith.
Dwelt in my spirit with His Spirit,
Sealed my body, soul, spirit to Live with Him Forever.
JUSTIFIED my Body to Be RISEN UP in Glory unto Him...
But Judged me? No.
The Evidence FOR and AGAINST me are IN the Lord Gods RECORD Books.
The Judge has Not yet Appeared.
The Books have Not yet been Opened.
The Judgement has Not yet been Delivered.
The Sentence has Not yet been Adjudicated.

--->
2 Cor. 5:
[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
[11] Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Correct. ^^^

No. All "shall" appear Before the Judge.
Think about it...No Earthling has had their Body RISEN UP in Glory... Really you have Seen the Lord God, stood before Him, "in your natural Corrupt Flesh" for Him TO Judge you?

Remember...it is the Whole of you...Body, soul, spirit (and what the Whole of you, Body, soul and spirit has Done....that is being Judged.
How can you be Judged Cleansed, if you are still standing in your natural Flesh?

You have "knowing what your Judgement Shall be"...confused "with Already Being Judged".

Glory to God,
Taken

Dear Taken, you make sure no one is able to take in anything. No one likes to be drowned.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Partaking of the divine nature is not partaking of the first resurrection. Partaking in the first resurrection is to be brought back from the dead so as not to be subjected to the "second death." What is the second death?

I like this very much!
<<Partaking of the divine nature is not partaking of the first resurrection.>> Yes. Partaking in "This The First Resurrection" is to be created from the pool of the dead of all sinners who BY NATURE "ARE DEAD IN SIN". Therefore partaking in "This The First Resurrection" is SPIRITUALLY partaking in "This The First Resurrection" so as to be BORN AGAIN of the Holy Spirit "together with Christ in his death and Resurrection" by grace through faith and THUS <<to be not subjected to the "second death.">>

<<What is the second death?
>>— It is ETERNAL DEATH which has no prospect of any resurrection whatsoever.

Reactions: Earburner

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this very much!
<<Partaking of the divine nature is not partaking of the first resurrection.>> Yes. Partaking in "This The First Resurrection" is to be created from the pool of the dead of all sinners who BY NATURE "ARE DEAD IN SIN". Therefore partaking in "This The First Resurrection" is SPIRITUALLY partaking in "This The First Resurrection" so as to be BORN AGAIN of the Holy Spirit "together with Christ in his death and Resurrection" by grace through faith and THUS <<to be not subjected to the "second death.">>

<<What is the second death?
>>— It is ETERNAL DEATH which has no prospect of any resurrection whatsoever.
Of course, but Revelation 20 is NOT talking about being born again. The first resurrection is not new birth. These are two different things. Resurrection is when those who have been given the new birth are also given immortality. Jesus Christ is the first to be given immortality and those who participate in THAT, are also given immortality.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
A surmised pending judgment by Christ against a born again Christian, after physical death IS "TORMENT".

So, if there is fear in your heart of judgment by Christ, after you die ONCE, then you are not abiding in His Perfect love, but rather a self imposed fear/torment.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 9
> Your understanding of God's "judgment" is contrary to NT scripture.
The judgment that was "appointed" to Adam and all descendants, was to DIE ONCE, but after this, God's Judgment unto Eternal Life, was to come through Christ.

And here is God's "judgment", that was to come "after" He "appointed" (judged) all men "once to die": John 3:18.

Read John 3:18 again, and learn that ALL who do come (appear) to God through Christ's judgment seat, HAVE COME to God's judgment through His Son, for His forgiveness, and therefore are NOT judged any longer. They are eternally secured/saved by the Blood of Christ, from being condemned unto the second death, which is total destruction/annihilation in the LoF.

Judge-
form an opinion or conclusion about something.

Suffix- "ment" - concrete action

Judge is an opinion
Judge-MENT is the Action, based on the concluded Opinion.

The Lord Jesus IS the JUDGE-
THE "JUDGE"- is the one with Authority to Decide Opinions.

The Lord Jesus IS Absolute TRUTH- which means His Opinion IS Absolute Truth.

He Judges Every Behavior, Every Works of Every man.
(His opinion, His Truth, His Records/Books)

His Authority to Correct, Punish, Forgive, Reward, Keep Records, Burn Records; according TO His Opinion (Truth).

Judge-"MENT"-
Involves - The Judge- Lord God
The Judge's OPINION- Truth
AND
An Individual man-
* an Individual man's behavior
* an Individual man's works

Individual men- exhibit individual Behaviors and Individual Works all day long during that Individual's Natural Lifetime.

* The Lord God JUDGES individual men's Behaviors and Works all day Long.
* The Lord Gods Records/Books Reflect His Accounting of Every Individual man's Behaviors and Works.

ON Judge-MENT Day...
The Individual man stands Before the Judge,
With all of His Behaviors and Works Revealed.
With all of the Lord Gods ACTIONS FOR or AGAINST the man's Behaviors and Works Revealed.

The JUDGE -MENT is the Day of Accountability FOR the man's Behaviors and Works
AND the CONSEQUENCE for Every Behavior and Works the man Has Done.

A Converted man's Good behaviors Are Rewarded.<--- Consequence.
A Converted man's Good works Are Rewarded.<--- Consequence.

That made AFTER the Judge-MENT, receives his Reward.

Any man- Converted or not...whose Behaviors or Works were NOT Good...His Bad behaviors and Bad Works Are Burned.<-- Consequence.

Loss of a Good Consequence/Reward...
Bad Consequence ^
for the man NOT Doing what is required to Receive a Good Consequence/Reward.

The Lord Gods (Good) Rewards/Consequence and (Bad) Consequence for Every man...ARE With the Lord God Himself.

Every man receives his Good Reward or Bad Consequence on the Day of the Lord.

Joel 2:
[11] ...the day of the LORD is great and very terrible;

Great for Some...with the Lord.
Terrible for Some...without the Lord.

Man's Option to Freely Choose...
Great Peace & Comfort & Life;
With the Lord.
Terrible Chaos & Destruction & Death;
Without the Lord.

Judge, (Lord), Judge (Opinion), Judging, Judgment, Judged are all different things.

Glory to God,
Taken

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, but Revelation 20 is NOT talking about being born again. The first resurrection is not new birth. These are two different things. Resurrection is when those who have been given the new birth are also given immortality. Jesus Christ is the first to be given immortality and those who participate in THAT, are also given immortality.
Correct! ONly Jesus was/is the first resurrection unto NEW Life?

Now, if you have been born again of His Holy Spirit, what did God give to you?
Ans. His Holy Spirit, which is a portion of His "divine nature", making you therefore a "partaker of the divine nature" of His Being.
2 Peter 1:4.

Now follow through with His thinking in Revelation 20[6] Blessed and holy is he that *hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power,
*(present tense, as in now, in the Spirit!).

Unfortunately in the latter part of that scripture, you will read and interpret it in that which you have been led to erroneously believe:
"but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."
Btw- that also IS NOW!
Please see how John also writes that in the present tense:
Rev. 1[5] And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
[6] And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge-
form an opinion or conclusion about something.

Suffix- "ment" - concrete action

Judge is an opinion
Judge-MENT is the Action, based on the concluded Opinion.

The Lord Jesus IS the JUDGE-
THE "JUDGE"- is the one with Authority to Decide Opinions.

The Lord Jesus IS Absolute TRUTH- which means His Opinion IS Absolute Truth.

He Judges Every Behavior, Every Works of Every man.
(His opinion, His Truth, His Records/Books)

His Authority to Correct, Punish, Forgive, Reward, Keep Records, Burn Records; according TO His Opinion (Truth).

Judge-"MENT"-
Involves - The Judge- Lord God
The Judge's OPINION- Truth
AND
An Individual man-
* an Individual man's behavior
* an Individual man's works

Individual men- exhibit individual Behaviors and Individual Works all day long during that Individual's Natural Lifetime.

* The Lord God JUDGES individual men's Behaviors and Works all day Long.
* The Lord Gods Records/Books Reflect His Accounting of Every Individual man's Behaviors and Works.

ON Judge-MENT Day...
The Individual man stands Before the Judge,
With all of His Behaviors and Works Revealed.
With all of the Lord Gods ACTIONS FOR or AGAINST the man's Behaviors and Works Revealed.

The JUDGE -MENT is the Day of Accountability FOR the man's Behaviors and Works
AND the CONSEQUENCE for Every Behavior and Works the man Has Done.

A Converted man's Good behaviors Are Rewarded.<--- Consequence.
A Converted man's Good works Are Rewarded.<--- Consequence.

That made AFTER the Judge-MENT, receives his Reward.

Any man- Converted or not...whose Behaviors or Works were NOT Good...His Bad behaviors and Bad Works Are Burned.<-- Consequence.

Loss of a Good Consequence/Reward...
Bad Consequence ^
for the man NOT Doing what is required to Receive a Good Consequence/Reward.

The Lord Gods (Good) Rewards/Consequence and (Bad) Consequence for Every man...ARE With the Lord God Himself.

Every man receives his Good Reward or Bad Consequence on the Day of the Lord.

Joel 2:
[11] ...the day of the LORD is great and very terrible;

Great for Some...with the Lord.
Terrible for Some...without the Lord.

Man's Option to Freely Choose...
Great Peace & Comfort & Life;
With the Lord.
Terrible Chaos & Destruction & Death;
Without the Lord.

Judge, (Lord), Judge (Opinion), Judging, Judgment, Judged are all different things.

Glory to God,
Taken
All of your "thinking" in the above, is derived through your "natural man/mind", and NOT what the Spirit is meaning in what is said/written.
Ananlytical and logical thinking by our natural man, is NOT the way of Christ's understanding.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Yes, Revelation 20 is NOT <<talking about being born again>> but entirely depends on it and PRESUPPOSES that everyone "co-reigning with Christ on his Throne" shall have been given the <new birth> in this life in the "Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection" FOR THE SAVED, or he shall not have co-reigned with Christ but shall be AND ALREADY IS, condemned and cast into the LoF in principle. ...exactly what YOU say yourself, <<Resurrection is when those who have been given the new birth are also given immortality>> IN CHRIST in this their sinners-life which is when the Holy Spirit works in the hearts of mortal, men. Jesus is “I-AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE”— salvation completed. “He who has the Son has Life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ans. His Holy Spirit, which is a portion of His "divine nature", making you therefore a "partaker of the divine nature" of His Being.
Being born again is NOT resurrection. Resurrection is NOT spiritual; it's physical. We must not run the risk of denying the resurrection as Paul warned us in his first epistle to the Corinthian church.

Do you deny the physical resurrection?

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Revelation 20 is NOT <<talking about being born again>> but entirely depends on it and PRESUPPOSES that everyone "co-reigning with Christ on his Throne" shall have been given the <new birth> in this life in the "Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection" FOR THE SAVED, or he shall not have co-reigned with Christ but shall be AND ALREADY IS, condemned and cast into the LoF in principle. ...exactly what YOU say yourself, <<Resurrection is when those who have been given the new birth are also given immortality>> IN CHRIST in this their sinners-life which is when the Holy Spirit works in the hearts of mortal, men. Jesus is “I-AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE”— salvation completed. “He who has the Son has Life.
Revelation 20 is NOT talking about being born again.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Ah yes! The believer, the 'saint', has also been made <partaker in> Christ's "Reign .. The Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection"! God gave the Redeemed - His Chosen - to RULE / REIGN over evil and sin for which God gave them His Holy Spirit as their portion of His "divine nature".

It is remarkable that we agree this much with one another, Earburner while actually disagreeing totally, just because you believe the lost dead are not raised in Judgement Day "in the Resurrection of ALL"-- as though the death of the lost excludes their (temporary) resurrection to receive the wages of sin unmixed with the mercy of God the Judge in the Last Day.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What is the second death?"
2 Thes. 1[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;