'Death is swallowed up in victory' -When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<Walking in new life is not the same thing as resurrection.>> I am sure Revelation 20 says the contrary, "the Thousand Years, THIS The First Resurrection"--as foretaste, a down payment on the glory yet to come at the Resurrection Of All At His Second Coming and Peace on earth ever after. Sela
Again, in my opinion, this is a category mistake. The first resurrection is literally the rising of people from the dead.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...So what IS the 70 weeks in Daniel (according to your understanding) All about?

Glory to God,
Taken
You can read it for yourself in Dan. 9:24:27.
The words that I have hi-lited in red are important. Much else is for dogs chasing rabbits.
The true challenge here, is to discover who "he" is!!
Here is your clue: John 5:39

[24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

[25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

[27] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week
: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mortal men cannot "see" God AND LIVE.
At Christ's Coming
all mortals wicked and saint,
saved and lost,
the living and the dead raised,
shall see Him.
By the Brightness and Power of His Coming
the saints, saved, living and raised,
"shall be changed" and
"put on immortality",
and
"with the Brightness and Vengeance of His Coming
the wicked, lost, living and raised,
shall be "consumed" and
with "the last enemy, death, destroyed".
Sela

Scripture speaks of:
The Son of man, Named Jesus, coming TO Earth, leaving Earth and Returning To Earth AT a particular Time.

At Christ's Coming...

Scripture says:
The Son of Man, with power shall return to Earth...at a particular time...
^ That is whom ALL Can See.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can read it for yourself in Dan. 9:24:27.

I did not ask you for Scriptural Quotes or Clues.

You said; regarding anyone Believing in a 7- year Tribulation Timeline: That their Belief was:

That wild eyed concoction came about, due a complete misunderstanding of what the 70 weeks in Daniel (KJV) is all about.

So I specifically asked YOU ...what IS YOUR Understanding, according to YOU.

What do you say is the Length of Time for Tribulation?

Glory to God,
Taken

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not ask you for Scriptural Quotes or Clues.

You said; regarding anyone Believing in a 7- year Tribulation Timeline: That their Belief was:

So I specifically asked YOU ...what IS YOUR Understanding, according to YOU.

What do you say is the Length of Time for Tribulation?

Glory to God,
Taken
You are wanting to interpret and filter what I said through your indoctrination.
Now, try to think on your own with the spirit, and pay attention to what I did
hi-lite in red. I want you to discover the answer by God's mind and not me telling you.
The word "he" in Daniel 9:24-27, is very central to what you understand about a 7 year tribulation.
However, what if the word he is not to be interpreted as you think, and therefore have been led to believe a LIE?
Clue: in those verses, there are only two implications of who the word "he" is pointing to. You/we must discern correctly, who is the who that matters, in
Daniel 9:24-27

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have Been Umpteen Resurrections (raising OF the Dead) in Scripture.
But NONE were ever resurrected unto NEW Life. Only Christ was/is the firstborn from the dead. Therefore, He Himself IS
"the first resurrection".
"Blessed and holy is he, that hath part in THE first resurrection, the second death hath NO power.
Q. Are you NOW a "partaker of the divine nature"?
A. Yes or No? How?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No man, while IN his FLESH Bodily Life, Faithful To God...Or Faithful To God and Christ The Lord Jesus... Are Subject TO a Second/ Resurrection, for the purpose of Final Judgement of A Sentence of Damnation (Eternal Separation From God).

<<No man,.... (is) Subject to a Second/ Resurrection>> taken for granted.
On the contrary,
"Blessed and holy is he that has part in the First Resurrection, on such the second death has no power, but they shall REIGN WITH CHRIST Thousand Years."

The difference is the "Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection" is SPIRITUAL, and THEREFORE "he that has part in the First Resurrection, on such the second death has no power", while the Resurrection the Last Day of Judgement is PHYSICAL. Therefore it is not called <<a Second/ Resurrection>> by the Bible, but by YOU, Taken for a duck.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Again, in my opinion, this is a category mistake. The first resurrection is literally the rising of people from the dead.

...who afterwards will live thousand years and then? Die? And then? You have it all to yourself.

Revelation 20: "Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection" impossible can be <<literally the rising of people from the dead>> It is in a spiritual <category> called, all by itself, "Thousand Years" by John who wrote figurative, and or symbolic.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wanting to interpret and filter what I said through your indoctrination.
Now, try to think on your own with the spirit, and pay attention to what I did
hi-lite in red. I want you to discover the answer by God's mind and not me telling you.
The word "he" in Daniel 9:24-27, is very central to what you understand about a 7 year tribulation.
However, what if the word he is not to be interpreted as you think, and therefore have been led to believe a LIE?
Clue: in those verses, there are only two implications of who the word "he" is pointing to. You/we must discern correctly, who is the who that matters, in
Daniel 9:24-27

If you can not speak for yourself, no reflection on me.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But NONE were ever resurrected unto NEW Life. Only Christ was/is the firstborn from the dead. Therefore, He Himself IS
"the first resurrection".
"Blessed and holy is he, that hath part in THE first resurrection, the second death hath NO power.
Q. Are you NOW a "partaker of the divine nature"?
A. Yes or No? How?

Yes.
BY the Lords Offering, my Request and the Power of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<No man,.... (is) Subject to a Second/ Resurrection>> taken for granted.
On the contrary,
"Blessed and holy is he that has part in the First Resurrection, on such the second death has no power, but they shall REIGN WITH CHRIST Thousand Years."

The difference is the "Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection" is SPIRITUAL, and THEREFORE "he that has part in the First Resurrection, on such the second death has no power", while the Resurrection the Last Day of Judgement is PHYSICAL. Therefore it is not called <<a Second/ Resurrection>> by the Bible, but by YOU, Taken for a duck.

John 5:
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Acts 24:
[15] And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can not speak for yourself, no reflection on me.

Glory to God,
Taken
Why should I share what you cannot see, though I have held you by the hand with so many clues!
However, I am trying to help you to discover it for yourself!

Last clue: there are two separate persons being spoken of in Daniel 9:24-27.
Specifically in vs. 26.
Can you reveal who they are?

Now, which "he" is it, that is being spoken of in vs. 27?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
BY the Lords Offering, my Request and the Power of God.

Glory to God,
Taken
I didn't see you follow through with your conclusion!
If you are a partaker of the divine nature, aren't you now taking part in the first resurrection?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I share what you cannot see, though I have held you by the hand with so many clues!
However, I am trying to help you to discover it for yourself!

Last clue: there are two separate persons being spoken of in Daniel 9:24-27.
Specifically in vs. 26.
Can you reveal who they are?

Now, which "he" is it, that is being spoken of in vs. 27?

You (with a snarky remark) Rejected a 7 year Tribulation timeframe.

You brought up the Book of Daniel.

I asked you "YOUR" opinion of the Length of Timeframe for Tribulation.

You did not answer.

You deflected, with a list of Scriptures from the Book of Daniel.

I ignored your deflection. I am ignoring your questions. Waiting for your answer on the Length of Timeframe for Tribulation.

Until you answer, discussion over.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't see you follow through with your conclusion!
If you are a partaker of the divine nature, aren't you now taking part in the first resurrection?

You asked specific questions...unlike you, I gave specific answers.

Glory to God,
Taken

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ignored your deflection. I am ignoring your questions. Waiting for your answer on the Length of Timeframe for Tribulation.
Apparently you do not comprehend
Daniel 9:24-27.

My answer is: "A thousand years".

The beginning of great tribulation-70AD: Matthew 24[2] And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things [the temple]? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The end of great tribulation: The Lord returns in flaming fire.
[29] Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...who afterwards will live thousand years and then? Die? And then? You have it all to yourself.

Revelation 20: "Thousand Years THIS The First Resurrection" impossible can be <<literally the rising of people from the dead>> It is in a spiritual <category> called, all by itself, "Thousand Years" by John who wrote figurative, and or symbolic.
Negative. First of all, the amount of symbolic language is very high beginning in the first chapter of Revelation, becoming less and less until we reach chapter 20 where there is no symbolic language at all.

Second, the contrast between those who came back to life at the return of Christ, and those who did not come back to life at that time. According to verse 5, those who did NOT come back to life at the return of Christ, will come back to life after the thousand years are completed. This is confirmed in verse 13.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John 5:
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Acts 24:
[15] And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
Good

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good? How can what I said about the time "of great tribulation", being a thousand years, be "good" to you, when you are saying it is only 7 years?

Clearly, one view is error.
And for correction, one must go back to Daniel 9:24-27, and listen to what the Spirit is saying, and not the popular religious persuasions of men.