death penalty for or against?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(BernieEOD;30043)
Wrong Christ. Jesus was not a pro criminal who preached us to forgive ra[pists and allow them top keep raping, robbers to keep robbing, and murdereres to keep murdering. Your job is to lead people out of crime before they encounter the sword of the government, not to tell governments to allow criminals to run free and continue being criminals.
Exactly, and this is where many get confused. We are to lead others to Christ, absolutely. We are to have compassion, forgive, and show them there is a BETTER WAY. We are to look to the COMING JUDGMENT, and speak of the 2ND DEATH. All true. When I say *we*, I do mean *we* Christians...But, on the matter of government executing justice, and a death penalty... If it is to govern rightly, there needs to be a death penalty. God governs rightly (at least I think so), and He has deemed a death penalty necessary for His kingdom (or rather, for those who won't be in it).It's no wonder God seems so cruel and mean to people, and we find Him hard to understand on the matter of death and salvation sometimes. How could He actually put to death those who would sin against Him? We can't even see murderers put to death without getting confused. We have lost all sense of justice.
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?​
Justice and mercy seem to fight against eachother, but we should do both, and walk humbly with God...
smile.gif

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(treeoflife;50469)
First, it's not wrong to kill... it is wrong to murder.Second, nobody asked if criminal justice was biased. Suppose we are speaking of a criminal justice that is not bias? Should, in the perfect system, there be a death penalty where justice is executed rightly and perfect? The answer is yes. Our Father is perfect, and I cannot argue with God who has made death a consequence of sin.Third, like the second reason, we aren't speaking of being wrongfully convicted. The question was simply if there should be a death penalty. I suppose if we assume that we mean it would be executed unjustly and bias... by all means no! If the question was "Should people who have not commited crimes be put to death?," the answer would be a resounding no. People who aren't worthy of death should not be put to death. The question though, is should there be a death penalty. In the pefect government, we would do best to model God's commands. The death penalty is necessary and good, and God has said so.Though you are right, compassion and salvation are high on *our list* because we wish to see men saved... if the question is a matter of whether or not a death penalty should be, at some point, in place as a punishement for sin (crime), the answer is yes.God will execute death, and judgment on the wicked. Who am I to tell Him no? If men, in their physical world, see fit in their wisdom that it is necessary and good the have death be a consequence of sin, good for them. They're right on track with how things will come to fruition on that great (and dreadful) day.You neglected to consider how many men and women actually come to repentence *because* of a death penalty. When a person's life is about to be taken, and he or she realizes the gravity of his or her sin... and the finality of death... the door to the heart is opened greatly, and Jesus is always knocking. If even the finality of death, ever-present and unavoidable is still not enough to bring a person to repentance, and seek God (and they will find Him if they do), then they are lost anyways... and justice (real justice on the day of judgment) is waiting for him or her all the same whether they be put to death on this earth or left alive.Death penalty = perfectly good, when executed perfectly rightly.
he lead the war in propaganda the same as hitler.he to be impeached would be a joke ,he should be tried and all in gouvernment that worked with him on this war