December 6, 2017 Trump's Announcement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"The powers that be"?

Weren't you the one claiming that the only real power over world affairs is God? What is there for a presidents to be "running scared" from if Romans 13 is all about governments being God's ministers to start with? I'm seeing a ton of contradictions from people here concerning this issue.

Oh come on...you know full well how "they" arrange accidents for those who don't toe the line. I am amazed Trump is still alive..really.

YES I still agree that God sets up who He will and He takes down who He will.
I am saying I agree that NOW is (probably) the time...
Nothing can happen, without God allowing or God's hand of restraint...I am just watching to see if indeed now is the time of the end of the end.
For many many years we have been in the "beginning of the end"..I am just wondering if now we are entering into the "end of the end" years...

None of us know...it is only our "best guesses"...and opinions.
Maybe, maybe not..
But for this Topic...I am glad to see it declared as so.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on...you know full well how "they" arrange accidents for those who don't toe the line. I am amazed Trump is still alive..really.

Many were hyping up a possible Trump assassination even on the day of his inauguration. I knew it was all hog wash because I knew Satan had the guy he wanted. Nothing I ever heard from Trump gave me any indication to the contrary. I'm not at all surprised that he is still alive, because he hasn't done anything close to what he claimed he would do, which is to "drain the damn swamp".

YES I still agree that God sets up who He will and He takes down who He will.
I am saying I agree that NOW is (probably) the time...
Nothing can happen, without God allowing or God's hand of restraint...I am just watching to see if indeed now is the time of the end of the end.
For many many years we have been in the "beginning of the end"..I am just wondering if now we are entering into the "end of the end" years...

The beginning of the end doesn't even begin until the beast sits in the temple and declares himself god. That is the beginning of the Great Tribulation. The end of the end is the establishment of the new heaven and earth. Its got nothing at all to do with Donald Trump recognizing Jeruselam as Israels capital. The time period I believe we are in is what Jesus referred to as the "beginning of sorrows".

The beginning of sorrows:
(Matthew 24:4-14) "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. {5} For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. {6} And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. {7} For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. {8} All these are the beginning of sorrows. {9} Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. {10} And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. {11} And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. {12} And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. {13} But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. {14} And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

The beginning of the end:
(Matthew 24:15-22) "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand {16} Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: {17} Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: {18} Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. {19} And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! {20} But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: {21} For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. {22} And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened."

None of us know...it is only our "best guesses"...and opinions.
Maybe, maybe not..
But for this Topic...I am glad to see it declared as so.

I think we are past the point of me're opinions and best guesses, at least I am.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
<snip>

The time period I believe we are in is what Jesus referred to as the "beginning of sorrows".

The beginning of sorrows:

The beginning of the end:

I think we are past the point of me're opinions and best guesses, at least I am.
I wont ever agree with those who say " they know" be it this, that or the another.
Only when it is actually happening will we be truly be able to say as they did in Acts 2 - "This is that which was spoken by the prophets..."
Until then, we do as Jesus told us to do...watch..and pray..

( I hope I don't have to clarify as I have many times..the only things we can say that we know...is that which is said about God Himself, and Jesus His Son..and what He has done personally for us and in us..and our total faith in His character. These things we know and believe in...all else is a hopeful guess that we are right in what we believe..time will tell. )

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wont ever agree with those who say " they know" be it this, that or the another.
Only when it is actually happening will we be truly be able to say as they did in Acts 2 - "This is that which was spoken by the prophets..."
Until then, we do as Jesus told us to do...watch..and pray..

( I hope I don't have to clarify as I have many times..the only things we can say that we know...is that which is said about God Himself, and Jesus His Son..and what He has done personally for us and in us..and our total faith in His character. These things we know and believe in...all else is a hopeful guess that we are right in what we believe..time will tell. )

Everything I said is what I believe, not what I know with absolute certainty, because then I would be claiming to be a prophet. I can say that at this point, after hearing all of the theories, after all the years of research I have done of how the world is really run that my interpretation is more than just a "best guess".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters, we don't really need to write you.

You joke...you don't believe any more that I do, that these who "say" that they know the when's and how's of things, really do!!
We can as Jesus said " know the seasons...as we can tell by leaves falling that summer is over...yes, we can know the season...but not the time...
We are in the Season of the end. But my dad also thought that...and this "season" is lasting longer than he guessed...he's been gone these past 20 years!!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You joke...you don't believe any more that I do, that these who "say" that they know the when's and how's of things, really do!!
We can as Jesus said " know the seasons...as we can tell by leaves falling that summer is over...yes, we can know the season...but not the time...
We are in the Season of the end. But my dad also thought that...and this "season" is lasting longer than he guessed...he's been gone these past 20 years!!

Then you should probably reconsider your belief that we are even in the "season of the end", because we are obviously not.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every nation on earth has God as its founder if I am to believe your interpretation of Romans 13, so that's not saying much in of itself for me.

According to Revelation 11, the confrontation over the land ends the day the temple is built, or more specifically, the day the beast declares himself god. At this point, the Arab's, or the nations surrounding Israel are never stated to be a problem at all. They will be licking his boots like the rest of the world anyway. The hard headed, the ones who currently hate Israel, will get curb stomped (or roasted alive to be exact) once they realize the beast is not one to be trifled with, or one they can make war with. There is a very good reason why John wondered if there is anyone that could. To me, this clearly shows that there won't be any disputes, saber rattling, or protests in the streets over what belongs to Israel and what doesn't. Armageddon is never stated to be about land boundaries, but about the beast performing miracles to gather the entire world against God only to get its teeth kicked. The confrontation is with God, not with the Jews over a piece of real estate. I never saw the battle of Armageddon to be anything more than that.

The powers that be are ordained of God. That doesn't mean the powers that be are where God has chosen to Himself a people for His own. That doesn't mean the powers that be are where God has chosen to reveal Himself and accomplish salvation for mankind. If you cannot distinguish between God choosing and creating a theocratic nation and nations where He simply puts in power who He wants, then your statement that it is not saying much to you, is understandable.

Pay attention. I said the confrontation over Jerusalem and land boundaries will continue until Armageddon. It will not be settled until Christ returns and establishes Israel and her rightful boundaries. Just because the beast declares himself god, doesn't mean the confrontation is over.

When God stated the importance of land for a promise to Abraham, the confrontation began. (Gen. 12:1-3) Because God deems it important, Satan deems it important to contest.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The powers that be are ordained of God. That doesn't mean the powers that be are where God has chosen to Himself a people for His own. That doesn't mean the powers that be are where God has chosen to reveal Himself and accomplish salvation for mankind. If you cannot distinguish between God choosing and creating a theocratic nation and nations where He simply puts in power who He wants, then your statement that it is not saying much to you, is understandable.

Oh I understand it perfectly, what I don't see in scripture are two things, that the Bible refers directly to civil governments as his ministers, and that he chooses all in positions of power. This is the problem that I see with such notions. With every scripture that I have seen referring to his role, it vaguely states that he appoints leaders, but never says he elects all of them in every government to ever exist. If this wide spread belief was true, you wouldn't have verses such as this:

(Hosea 8:1-4) "Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law. {2} Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee. {3} Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him. {4} They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off."

Yes, he chooses who he wants..........but we see here that even with Israel, there were exceptions. But no, by all means, believe that God chose Trump, maybe he will be the first to grab Jerusalem by the vagina, and never let go.................
default_thumbsup.gif

Pay attention. I said the confrontation over Jerusalem and land boundaries will continue until Armageddon. It will not be settled until Christ returns and establishes Israel and her rightful boundaries. Just because the beast declares himself god, doesn't mean the confrontation is over.

I'm going by what I see in scripture. Based on what I see, there is no confrontation over land boundaries going on under the beast. There may of course be some animosity, but again, let them try something and see what happens. Talk is cheap, so if its all just going to be talk, then whatever "confrontation" you assume will still be occurring won't don't mean a damn thing. Lets see how well they fair in warfare or with any disputes with "the destroyer". There is a reason why he is given such a name, so I'm sure it won't end well for them.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

When God stated the importance of land for a promise to Abraham, the confrontation began. (Gen. 12:1-3) Because God deems it important, Satan deems it important to contest.

Stranger

Just curious, how much significance would you give Satan over the affairs of government? What role does he play?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then you should probably reconsider your belief that we are even in the "season of the end", because we are obviously not.

Whatever...you seem to "know".
Bless you..

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever...you seem to "know".
Bless you..

Yes I "know", but again, I'm not claiming to be a prophet. If you have a problem with someone being certain of something that is short of a prophet, then that's your problem. I'm not even claiming to know scripture all that well, but one thing I have always been good at is smelling malarkey a mile away. I'm like a wolf, if something doesn't sound right to me, then I'm going hunting, its really that simple.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well thanks folks for explaining it.

It's amazing how the media outside of Israel labels it as "controversial" and quickly jumps to oppose Jerusalem and condemn the words Trump spoke, yet Israel's Prime Minister Benjamen Netanyahu is please about the speech Trump gave regarding Israel's capital, and that's what the majority of Jewish people want anyway, and the Israeli media sites that i follow on facebook, they seem to be pleased about Trump wanting to move the embassy to Israel as well. Which is fair enough, it's where King David & other Kings of Israel reigned after all, and where many Biblical events happened.

Reactions: Helen