Deception

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Naomi we have our own clowns to vote for soon and as such, we should let the people of the USA worry about why they never voted at all in their elections of their officials.

At least here we are all forced to put the candidates in the preference order of doing the least damage to the country.

In this country, political expedience is just another name for corruption by definition.

I don't see much harm in following US politics, especially as thier Country is usually where AU follows.
But yes, the joy of our own election. Sigh. It sounds like you think as I do...like we have no good options at the moment.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Why do you assume I've BEEN to seminary? What I've learned, I've done so by extensive reading, listening and studying on my own.
And yet, even avoiding these horrible places of "mens doctrines", I still think you're dead wrong. How about that?
If I may say so - and you would doubtless add 'by God's grace' - your reflective Scriptural understanding often seems more clear and insightful than that of a lot of ppl who wear their seminary or Bible college education on their sleeves, so to speak.

I don't think we are on the same page, though, when it comes to the doctrine of the church and Israel, though.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ah yes, thongs are a treasure. I wonder if there is an Australian home without a pair? Maybe we could send Trump a pair to wear with his suits? Hmmm....but he'd still have to figure out his tie....
Actually...I don't think he's that dumb! Not the greatest person in the world, probably not the best President...but by golly better than the alternative...
I think the word may mean multiple things in different places. A thong in some places also refers to a bikini part. From the context, when reading more closely, it's clear that you weren't referring to this.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I may say so - and you would doubtless add 'by God's grace' - your reflective Scriptural understanding often seems more clear and insightful than that of a lot of ppl who wear their seminary or Bible college education on their sleeves, so to speak.

I don't think we are on the same page, though, when it comes to the doctrine of the church and Israel, though.
Well, that is certainly a nice thing to say, even if I don't feel it most times. I'm not what you'd call "academic". I probably would have attempted seminary if I thought I had the chops for it. It's not necessarily my understanding that holds me back, I feel, but I tank at writting essays (the life blood of academia!) and often struggle to express myself! But, I do love studying about God...he and his plan is just so big, so intricately weaved, that I love reading and studying about. It's like a perfect jigsaw puzzle and the picture that comes together is glorious.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the word may mean multiple things in different places. A thong in some places also refers to a bikini part. From the context, when reading more closely, it's clear that you weren't referring to this.
:D Sorry! Yes...this is true. Here in Australia 'thongs' mean...ah...flip flops? Casual, slip on shoes.
Just a bit different. :p

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS: But you guys probably have a lot of the other kind on famous Bondi Beach, also.
Of the butt floss kind? I'm sure we do, but I can't say that I've ever been to Bondi, or if I had, I'd have looked. While they and the 'budgie smuggler' may be somewhat famous in the swimwear department, there are just some things I don't need to see.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Of the butt floss kind? I'm sure we do, but I can't say that I've ever been to Bondi, or if I had, I'd have looked. While they and the 'budgie smuggler' may be somewhat famous in the swimwear department, there are just some things I don't need to see.
Well, I've never heard that term before... (I guess it goes to show that my knowledge of Australian English limited.)

I had understood the earlier term to refer simply more or less to a triangle of a two-piece, but I'm no expert, and I guess the verbal repertoire isn't necessary to know unless one has daughters (which I don't.)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I've never heard that term before... (I guess it goes to show that my knowledge of Australian English limited.)

I had understood the earlier term to refer simply more or less to a triangle of a two-piece, but I'm no expert, and I guess the verbal repertoire isn't necessary to know unless one has daughters (which I don't.)

Hmmm. How on earth did I get into this conversation?! Ah. Yeah. Google will tell you all you need to know about budgie smugglers, but yeah...good ol' aussie tradition there. And my first reference...well...prudence will leave it there, I think, as I really don't see how this is the place to go into underwear types in grand detail!!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hmmm. How on earth did I get into this conversation?! Ah. Yeah. Google will tell you all you need to know about budgie smugglers, but yeah...good ol' aussie tradition there. And my first reference...well...prudence will leave it there, I think, as I really don't see how this is the place to go into underwear types in grand detail!!
Like I say, I don't have daughters.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, that is certainly a nice thing to say, even if I don't feel it most times. I'm not what you'd call "academic". I probably would have attempted seminary if I thought I had the chops for it. It's not necessarily my understanding that holds me back, I feel, but I tank at writting essays (the life blood of academia!) and often struggle to express myself! But, I do love studying about God...he and his plan is just so big, so intricately weaved, that I love reading and studying about. It's like a perfect jigsaw puzzle and the picture that comes together is glorious.
I sometimes use the phrase, panorama of revelation (in Scripture, of course)...which is a similar idea.

Reactions: Naomi25

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can easily be seen that certain ones (like Naomi25, et al), are here to disrupt the original topic of this thread about deception in the endtimes that our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned His Church about.

Preterism - this seminary idea holds that most of our Lord's Book of Revelation has already been fulfilled, and that Jesus' Olivet discourse in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 was fulfilled in 70 A.D. There are also other levels of Preterist doctrines of men, like 'Full Preterism' which wrongly believes Jesus' 2nd coming is NOT a physical, bodily return to this earth, but only some kind of spiritual return. 'Partial Preterism' doesn't go that far, nor does regular Preterism, which still believes in a literal 2nd coming of our Lord Jesus.

The point of all these ideas is that it presents confusion away from the actual written Scriptures. They claim... to be basing their ideas from what God's Word teaches, but in reality they are only presenting their own theories, because God has not given them to actually understand His Word with eyes to see, and ears to hear. In that situation they are like Nicodemus, wanting to believe, but just cannot quite get it. If you listen to them you will miss all the prophetic warnings our Lord Jesus and His Apostles gave us to be 'watching' leading up to His return. He gave His servants that because He loves us, and He commanded us to watch. To turn from that and instead follow those who want to scrap what He gave us in favor of their leaven doctrines of men, is to be led astray and possibly fall into deception in these endtimes.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP topic is about deception in these last days. And one of the subjects was about our Lord Jesus' Olivet discourse in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. Though Preterists and Historicists treat our Lord's discourse upon the Mount of Olives there as history and having been fulfilled, in reality the majority of it involved the later 7 signs of the end He gave through Apostle John in His Book of Revelation. That last sign Jesus gave there was the event of His coming in the clouds and gathering of His Church. The Seals of Revelation 6 specifically follow the flow of His discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13.

So anyone saying that our Lord Jesus' Olivet discourse was history and has been fulfilled, is not... sticking with what God's Word declares, but is instead heeding the leaven doctrines of men. And a very telling sign of that is how those will stare our Lord's Olivet discourse in the face that declares His 2nd coming and gathering of the saints, and declare His Olivet discourse as being history! One should easily realize those kind of people are touched in the head.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS: But you guys probably have a lot of the other kind on famous Bondi Beach, also.

I call them bum flosses and it provides more skin to be damaged by the midday sun. It reminds me of the song, "Madmen and English men go out in the midday sun" only to face the knife to remove the malignant skin.

Swimming rashes are now more popular. At least they hid the cellulate dimples.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I call them bum flosses and it provides more skin to be damaged by the midday sun. It reminds me of the song, "Madmen and English men go out in the midday sun" only to face the knife to remove the malignant skin.

Swimming rashes are now more popular. At least they hid the cellulate dimples.
Like I said to @Naomi25 , I don't have daughters.