DECONSTRUCTION - How far is too far?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of "deconstruction", did you learn this one in Sunday School?

Hebrews 5:19 ESV
a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.

• Love
Reactions: face2face

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.
did you want to deconstruct her breasts Patrick? :contemplate:

• Wow

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Patrick, I get your meaning but hey lets keep this conversation G Rated.

• Haha
Reactions: Patrick1966

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did you want to deconstruct her breasts Patrick? :contemplate:
My wife had her mastectomy on our 20th wedding anniversary, so I guess you could say she had it deconstructed. When she was well enough for me to go back to our weekly Bible study, we just happened to be in Proverbs, and the assignment was to pick a Proverb and explain why that particular one resonated with you. As it happened (God's providence no doubt), I got assigned chapters 4-6, so of course I picked Proverbs 5:18-19:

Rejoice in the wife of your youth,
A lovely deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight;
Be intoxicated always in her love.

Commenting on the passage, I asked for a bottle of white-out, because I now needed to change a certain key word from plural to singular. The group of course knew about my wife's cancer and had been praying for her; they understood.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
rightly or wrongly; the ranks of those who feel they know more about another's reality than the other does....although often sorely tempted.
I dont prescribe to this reasoning. We are called to save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My wife had her mastectomy on our 20th wedding anniversary, so I guess you could say she had it deconstructed. When she was well enough for me to go back to our weekly Bible study, we just happened to be in Proverbs, and the assignment was to pick a Proverb and explain why that particular one resonated with you. As it happened (God's providence no doubt), I got assigned chapters 4-6, so of course I picked Proverbs 5:18-19:

Rejoice in the wife of your youth,
A lovely deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight;
Be intoxicated always in her love.

Commenting on the passage, I asked for a bottle of white-out, because I now needed to change a certain key word from plural to singular. The group of course knew about my wife's cancer and had been praying for her; they understood.
coffee:

Reactions: Lambano

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and do we do that through or by accusation ?
In many forms really. I recall a time when Brakelight called me out on something I said, and I swallowed my pride and apologised to him. The issue with this forum is often sound wisdom and teaching is provided without honest acknowledgement by the recipient (plenty of times int this thread).
Three hammers!
1. Tact Hammer for gentle correction
2. Builders hammer for moderate correction
3, Sledge Hammer for crushing correction in righteousness

The Apostles used all three with varying affects.
Not many are corrected with hugs quiet!
F2F

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now you want me to read your PM?
You obviously don't take me seriously.
No wonder so many Christians with questions became atheists,
Who would want to associate themselves with Christians?
I took you seriously until you started talking about universalism, which is nothing more than a hiker using homemade maps and a compass that points everywhere except the north.

Speaking of atheists, one of the most brilliant things that an atheist ever told me was, "Incredulity is not proof."

Universalism is nothing more than fairy dust and unicorns based on the fallacy of incredulity. Universalists often say things such as the following, "I can't believe in a God who would 'X'" and fill in the blank. That is, I can't believe in a God that can't rise above my skepticism.

The first man says, "I will not believe in God unless he stands right here before me." The second man says, "No, you won't. You will simply claim that you see a hallucination." The skeptic will always find a rationalization to grip. If you offer him proof, he will demand extraordinary proof. Why? His goal is not to discover the God that actually exists. The game is to employ his great intelligence to invent new ways to remain incredulous.

In the past, philosophers continued to dialog with each other, proposing various ideas concerning what is true, and real and actual. Today, Our culture is not even sure that truth even exists. Consequently, skeptics are highly regarded, and skepticism is now closely associated with intellectual integrity. The more the better.

The first man says, "Does the bus actually exist?" The second man says, "Why not step off the curb and find out?"

We are all looking for a truth that makes sense of the real world, the way it really is. If Evangelicalism doesn't work in the real world, why become an atheist? "Here comes the new boss; same as the old boss." Atheists have simply traded one religion for another. In any case, the transition is nothing new. People have always been motivated by the approval of others, which is why atheists can't live private lives of atheism, they need to publicly attack religious people or at the least, sign on to Christian message boards in order to put Christians in their place.

The one characteristic that all truth seekers possess is honesty --- straightforward, unadulterated, undeterred, blunt integrity. Some truth seekers are also blessed with courage and purity of heart.

I took you seriously because I took your questions seriously. I thought I was speaking to a fellow traveler, walking on that lonely highway where the earth meets the sky, and the road is dusty and vanishes into infinity. No one can walk that road for me. I have to do it myself. And the journey stands above all else except for the destination.

What choice do I have?

"Sitting on the fence is a dangerous course. You can always catch a bullet from a peace-keeping force." Dire Straights.

So, let's man-up and move on.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude left his faith; but some of his content is interesting to see and listen to.
(Explict warning)
Deconstructing fundamentals

He probably has one about evangalism, cant remember.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In many forms really. I recall a time when Brakelight called me out on something I said, and I swallowed my pride and apologised to him. The issue with this forum is often sound wisdom and teaching is provided without honest acknowledgement by the recipient (plenty of times int this thread).
Three hammers!
1. Tact Hammer for gentle correction
2. Builders hammer for moderate correction
3, Sledge Hammer for crushing correction in righteousness

The Apostles used all three with varying affects.
Not many are corrected with hugs quiet!
F2F
I suppose spare the rod and spoil the child resonates with you? I tend to think that there are enough accusing voices; the devil, your friends, your enemies and yourself. Thing is, low self esteem is not endemic because folk are awash in the kindness of others.

......and of course the rod thing, there is a view which parallels iron with love. Iron at the time of writing was the strongest metal known to man and that love is the strongest force in the Universe. Looking at sparing the rod in this light changes the perspective......and when I see Paul doing his reluctant chastising I can see tears in his eyes not gravel in his voice

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I suppose spare the rod and spoil the child resonates with you? I tend to think that there are enough accusing voices; the devil, your friends, your enemies and yourself. Thing is, low self esteem is not endemic because folk are awash in the kindness of others.

......and of course the rod thing, there is a view which parallels iron with love. Iron at the time of writing was the strongest metal known to man and that love is the strongest force in the Universe. Looking at sparing the rod in this light changes the perspective......and when I see Paul doing his reluctant chastising I can see tears in his eyes.
Its either a sword protruding from his mouth, or you Kiss the Son, I know which I would prefer. He chastens those He loves - if we know what is truth and declare the same in love, then those receiving it should praise God - do you live in a sensitve age? Is faith no longer tried by fire? Can one enter the Kingdom of God another way? Without suffering? Even Christ learned obedience through the things he suffered and with strong crying and tears prayed to God in that he feared Him who could save him from death.
Our generation will have its own condemnation that is for certain. Weakness is everywhere around us and in us...be strong and take courage!
F2F

Reactions: quietthinker

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case.

Jesus said anyone who builds a house on sand it will fall. Therefore if a house in sand; and needs to be assessed it should be; to know truth is to be set free of any man-made tradition; which Jesus also spoke against them.

There is no spiritual authority on earth for people to demand people to believe anything they say but power can be abused by saying such things exist you see?

The only Authority there is God; aside from the local governing forces here on earth.
Yes, I agree. I am in favor of investigating and interrogating man-made religions and/or man-made traditions. I see no problem with that. I think that this board is a good place to explore these kinds of issues.

My heart goes out to folks who can't honestly explore such issues with battle-hardened believers who can help guide them through the process. Most people, including myself, want answers but we deserve correct and thoughtful answers. Not bogus, spurious answers.

I also agree that God is our authority and that we solely do business with him. Even so, as others have said, oftentimes attaining the right answer is a matter of "whom do you trust?" Who is reliable and trustworthy concerning primary issues such as life and death? In my view and from my experience, the Bible is a reliable record of the human condition and God's will for mankind.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree. I am in favor of investigating and interrogating man-made religions and/or man-made traditions. I see no problem with that. I think that this board is a good place to explore these kinds of issues.

My heart goes out to folks who can't honestly explore such issues with battle-hardened believers who can help guide them through the process. Most people, including myself, want answers but we deserve correct and thoughtful answers. Not bogus, spurious answers.

I also agree that God is our authority and that we solely do business with him. Even so, as others have said, oftentimes attaining the right answer is a matter of "whom do you trust?" Who is reliable and trustworthy concerning primary issues such as life and death? In my view and from my experience, the Bible is a reliable record of the human condition and God's will for mankind.
Would agree with you too.

The bible is reliable, and needs to be taken into context from the start to finish; you could set adide the poetry and wisdom ; however the historical narrative up til acts pertains to mainly Gods chosen nation; before Paul goes out to the Gentile world, then the drop with Revelation; with Gods wrath of the cup which was pour out his chosen nation and destroyed. (Of course after obtaining the bride by Jesus coming to gather his bride).

However its reliable by a believer who goes by and through with the spirit.

Without the spirit the bible is just words on a page, in my opinion. As the bible is for believers, and not for unbelievers.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its either a sword protruding from his mouth, or you Kiss the Son, I know which I would prefer. He chastens those He loves - if we know what is truth and declare the same in love, then those receiving it should praise God - do you live in a sensitve age? Is faith no longer tried by fire? Can one enter the Kingdom of God another way? Without suffering? Even Christ learned obedience through the things he suffered and with strong crying and tears prayed to God in that he feared Him who could save him from death.
Our generation will have its own condemnation that is for certain. Weakness is everywhere around us and in us...be strong and take courage!
F2F
out of curiosity, where are you located in Aus.?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
If I were born in a Muslim country and went through a deconstruction, immersing myself in the Quran,
what do you suppose I would conclude at the end of that search? Would it confirm, or deny Islam?
Might my conclusions differ if I sought some outside information? (of course)
Are you inside the cultural bubble, or outside?
That's a good description of our religious upbringing. A cultural bubble.
Same with the forum. I usually refer to it as an echo chamber.
My posts are a disruption to the cultural bubble and echo chamber.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is extremely clear on the state of the dead - dead is dead!
What do you make of this?

Luke 20:37-39 NIV
But in the account of the burning bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise,
for he calls the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’[a]
38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.”

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does he view these few amongst so many?

More precious than the stars of heaven? What if you discovered they were a priceless treasure? They are the few ones (comparatively speaking) who He redeemed with the precious blood of His dear Son.

His treasures know the future judgement is not to condemn with the rest of the world, but to save.

When your head hits the pillow this evening you try to imagine being that treasure and wonder, what the eye has not seen nor ear heard, nor entered the heart of men what God has prepared for them that love Him.

Your attitude is not condemning of His plan now... but one of gratitude and praise.
Who are you, and what have you done with F2F?