DECONSTRUCTION - How far is too far?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take it however you want - you're the one telling stories! All I can do is share the Word of God and hope you will float down from those waterless clouds!
F2F....have you noticed, you are making regular accusations throughout this discourse? I don't think this has even occurred to you ....and I say that kindly. :)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
F2F....have you noticed, you are making regular accusations throughout this discourse? I don't think this has even occurred to you ....and I say that kindly. :)
What if these remarks are true? Said sincerely! What if, what you are being shown is truth and you continue to resist (all of it!) I say this kindly also - maybe my pants are a little tight because I know what is true and I'm wanting you to at least consider it rather than dismissing it so quickly.

Afterall, we are told to work out of salvation with trembling and fear - but maybe your loose and libertarian approach has no room for trembling and fear?

Therefore, my beloved quiet, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,

Loose lips vs tight pants

Thoughts?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if these remarks are true? Said sincerely! What if, what you are being shown is truth and you continue to resist (all of it!) I say this kindly also - maybe my pants are a little tight because I know what is true and I'm wanting you to at least consider it rather than dismissing it so quickly.

Afterall, we are told to work out of salvation with trembling and fear - but maybe your loose and libertarian approach has no room for trembling and fear?

Therefore, my beloved quiet, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,

Loose lips vs tight pants

Thoughts?
There is no fear in love. Making fear a prerequisite to salvation is misapplying and misusing scripture.
The Jews considered Jesus as having loose lips insisting he is fighting above his weight but he made it plain they had tight shorts by pointing out their multitude of requirements for just about everything that opens and shuts.

God is gracious, those who trust him have permission to be also.
There is one known as the accuser. We do not want to be his children......even when his accusations are right but God forbid that we join hands with false accusations.

Rebellion! it always clothes itself in piety. No we don't want to play that game. It is transparent to all who see....frankly, it sucks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no fear in love. Making fear a prerequisite to salvation is misapplying and misusing scripture.
The Jews considered Jesus as having loose lips insisting he is fighting above his weight but he made it plain they had tight shorts by pointing out their multitude of requirements for just about everything that opens and shuts.

There is one known as the accuser. We do not want to be his children......even when his accusations are right but God forbid that we join hands with false accusations.

Rebellion! it always clothes itself in piety. No we don't want to play that game. It is transparent to all who see....frankly, it sucks
Speaking of rebellion has this what todays christanity has come to .
Any man , woman or child that speaks against the dire need to have to beleive on JESUS
and preaches a false universal salvation is preaching REBELLION against God .
Yet it seems todays christanity does just that .
Offering up a love and salvation that just wont save anyone but preaches rebellion against GOD and HIS CHRIST .
Shame on us all for ever having allowed such a false love taught of men , a false gospel , a false salvation
to have been taught .
IS this what christanity has become . offering up a love , a god , that preaches and teaches
its no longer a dire need to beleive on JESUS . Rather it offers up a hope that cannot save
a love that will only grave and a faith that is dead .
Anything that offers up a hope contrary to what JESUS taught and said , is a hope
that will not save but rather is total rebellion against GOD , and against His Christ .
Now is this what christanity wants to offer the world . IF so , it aint christanity and it saves none .

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many who call themselves christain ought to remove the name of CHRIST from it
and just call themselves an AIN .
and dont bother with the word saint . rather AINT
Have you ever heard of this teaching of all of mankind being in a saved position? At first it was like a left hook to the side of the head! Quiet believes a person does not enter Christ, but only exit him?

They must believe that God has forced all people into His Covenant in Christ without them actually knowing!

Its perplexing and one would need to rewrite the Bible to make the doctrine work...seems St. SteVen believes the same.

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever heard of this teaching of all of mankind being in a saved position? At first it was like a left hook to the side of the head! Quiet believes a person does not enter Christ, but only exit him?

They must believe that God has forced all people into His Covenant in Christ without them actually knowing!

Its perplexing and one would need to rewrite the Bible to make the doctrine work...seems St. SteVen believes the same.

F2F
or could it be that one's assumptions need to be rewritten.....just like the guys on the road to Emmaus? :crossword:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
or could it be that one's assumptions need to be rewritten.....just like the guys on the road to Emmaus? :crossword:
No, you have it mostly wrong - you have taken a false thought and painted it all over the Word, so now its hardly recognisable to you.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is merely humanism at work in you. Fear is a necessary ingredient in forming a relationship with an awe inspiring ALL Powerful God.

No comment on the Scripture provided is once again evidence you are your own truth.

Nothing here just empty words from someone who decided some time ago to rewrite the Gospel and try to redefine God.

I could show you how fear works, even in the Lord Jesus Christ but I would be wasting my time.

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you have it mostly wrong - you have taken a false thought and painted it all over the Word, so now its hardly recognisable to you.
You call it a false thought because it doesn't fit your paradigm F2F. Isn't that true? Have you at any stage of your walk questioned your paradigm?.....maybe modified it or has it never changed?

Don't you think Jesus rattled the paradigm of those who concluded that the only way to get God's ear was to kill something? (sacrifice) They rationalised that the more costly the sacrifice the greater chance God would hear them......so what did they do?..... they sacrificed their children. Yup, wrong paradigm, abysmal conclusions!

I would suggest, before drawing the conclusion of 'wrong' you need to hear the whole perspective instead of shooting from the hip at something you are unfamiliar with......instead of expecting the old wine skin to stay in tact after putting in new wine.....or spitting out the new wine because it doesn't taste like the old?

The fact that as you say you felt like 'you where hit with left hook to the side of your head' (post #246) do you think it's possible God is trying to get your attention?

Food for thought?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know Pauls warning on creating your own gospel? I guess if you don't have any fear it matters not.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and do you conclude that the 'false thought' is that God is immensely kinder and patient than we can imagine?
I think it's wise to be aware of how easy it is to distort by exaggerating accusations feeling this gives credibility to ones position.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you like to define your understanding of Paul's gospel?
Not really, you boys love to ask questions but you never come to an understanding. Feel free to go back and review all the responses to SteVen also, and you will see everytime truth is revealed you take a "wide" birth and respond with trivia. Don't take my word though quiet...go back and read the evidence! Should I then cast pearls?
I don't think so!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and do you conclude that the 'false thought' is that God is immensely kinder and patient than we can imagine?
I think it's wise to be aware of how easy it is to distort by exaggerating accusations feeling this gives credibility to ones position.
You think you know Him...but you don't...even more, you don't know his plan! Everything about God from His Goodness to His Severity is more than any of us can imagine, but in your confidence is a false understanding.

Read over your post above and consider your false thought.

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not really, you boys love to ask questions but you never come to an understanding. Feel free to go back and review all the responses to SteVen also, and you will see everytime truth is revealed you take a "wide" birth and respond with trivia. Don't take my word though quiet...go back and read the evidence! Should I then cast pearls?
I don't think so!
Wow!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God will be right, just, good, love, and fair compared to humans if he exists and created us.

He is only pleased by faith, and thats not knowing if he is really there.

Ill choose that and to love as im not responsible for what you may end up doing or with what you may believe is important to adhere too.

For all have fallen short; of the glory of God; if the bible is to be trustef. And the glory of God is his resurrected Son.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only God will be right, just, good, love, and fair compared to humans if he exists and created us.

He is only pleased by faith, and thats not knowing if he is really there.

Ill choose that and to love as im not responsible for what you may end up doing or with what you may believe is important to adhere too.
Try explaining

Romans 9:18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

Most Christians like those in this thread "talk up" the blue; if you were to read through this thread; how many consider the green?

Consider why that is?

Is God's character in balance, or is it as these guys portray, only the blue!

There's is a humanistic view of a god made in their own image, and after their own likeness. Those who create a gospel to their own liking - its palatable made for their own taste.

I agree with your statement about the Justice of God, and in His Great Love He finds no pleasure in dealing with the wicked, though He does because His righteousness demands it.

The other side in this forum are those who believe in literal eternal torture which is another man made doctrine! God is not interested in tormenting his enemies; only to judge them and allow them to enter the grave forever.

F2F

Last edited: