Denominations will never be saved !!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, SBG, most rational Christians understand that the denomination that one belongs to, is not how God will judge one's eligibility towards salvation. Although, some denominations, by definition, we expect will disqualify the congregants. As in, JW, LDS, SDA, RCC, ...?
So like you said, salvation is contingent upon the belief that is in one's heart, as to whether or not it is in accordance with God's Word. And, on that Day, when the Books are opened, all that is in one's heart will be revealed.

So, according to your OP, that point is valid in and of itself.
But, you did go a bit further by defining true belief, and this is why, I believe, that @Jane_Doe22 has kept pressing you for an explanation as to who defines correct faith, or rightly dividing God's Word? And I agree with her, you sound Reformed. But, whether TULIP is true or not true, you have stipulated in your OP, a denominational definition of salvation? Intended or not, it raises an additional question, what are the parameters of acceptable belief before God, ...because I barely agree with any of the 5 points of Calvinism.

And I'm sorry, if I hear one more person say that we must let the Holy Spirit guide us, I am going to vomit, ...and then anathematize that person, seriously!
I’m sorry, but this post comes across as “denominations don’t matter- as long as you are part of the correct Protestant sub denomination “.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praise God I do have "HIM" and thankfully He reminds me every day.

I wish you had "HIM" too, and the joy "HE" brings each day - FABULOUS!!
Sorry, I would expect much more edification and wisdom, than that of which I am seeing!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry, but this post comes across as “denominations don’t matter- as long as you are part of the correct Protestant sub denomination “.
Sorry, I would expect much more edification and wisdom, than that of which I am seeing!

My goodness.
So much loves encouragement, kindness, enthusiasm and excitement.

Are you 2 sure your in the right place???

Actually maybe I'm in the wrong place.

If you would like me to leave I'd be happy to oblidge you.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're right, I probably made the mistake by singling certain groups out, as being heretical. I could've made my point without that subjective remark.
My statement was based on the fact that certain groups, by their title, define their theology. Therefore, we can, with justification, denounce a group, if it can be proven that their whole identity is based on an erroneous principle. i.e. Roman Catholic Church (what does Rome have to do with Jerusalem)? Church of England (same point). Unitarianism (some will categorically affirm this title to be heretical), Lutheranism & Calvinism (what did Martin & Jean have to do with the atonement), ...
I know that not all of the denomination's appellations have to do with salvific principles, but again, one can tell the doctrines by the titles, which may lead to a conclusion of heresy.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness.

I can't speak for @DNB , but I wasn't saying or thinking anybody is "in the wrong place".
I do like to expand understanding of what people mean though, and faith in God. That's why I was asking you questions as to what you believe.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My goodness.

That is not the desire that you leave, but merely stay sober in your understanding of mystical matters.
Pneumatology is a very profound and powerful subject matter, it's not to be apprehended indiscriminately.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right, I probably made the mistake by singling certain groups out, as being heretical. I could've made my point without that subjective remark.
My statement was based on the fact that certain groups, by their title, define their theology. Therefore, we can, with justification, denounce a group, if it can be proven that their whole identity is based on an erroneous principle. i.e. Roman Catholic Church (what does Rome have to do with Jerusalem)? Church of England (same point). Unitarianism (some will categorically affirm this title to be heretical), Lutheranism & Calvinism (what did Martin & Jean have to do with the atonement), ...
I know that not all of the denomination's appellations have to do with salvific principles, but again, one can tell the doctrines by the titles, which may lead to a conclusion of heresy.
A denomination is simply a group of people whom have a similar understanding of the Gospel, usually with a special focus in one area. The label is something humans just slap on their to make describing thing easier. They're all Christian: because we are saved by Christ.

Yes, Protestants, Calvinists, Catholics, LDS, JW, Orthodox, Calvary Chapels, etc.

Theology is important, but it's not what saves anyone or makes them a Christian.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A denomination is simply a group of people whom have a similar understanding of the Gospel, usually with a special focus in one area. The label is something humans just slap on their to make describing thing easier. They're all Christian: because we are saved by Christ.

Yes, Protestants, Calvinists, Catholics, LDS, JW, etc.

Theology is important, but it's not what saves anyone or makes them a Christian.
Of course it is, Christ and the Apostles were not frivolous about the Gospel of Salvation that they were preaching. Paul went through great turmoil, frustration and tears in order to correct fallacious teaching and heresy. Christ said that the path was narrow, therefore we don't expect a compatibility with his teachings, and with all the Christian denominations out there. All cannot be correct.
Especially when one's Christology & Soteriology differs from another's to such a degree (eg: Unitarian vs Trinitarian, Universalism vs The Faithful).

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is, Christ and the Apostles were not frivolous about the Gospel of Salvation that they were preaching. Paul went through great turmoil, frustration and tears in order to correct fallacious teaching and heresy. Christ said that the path was narrow, therefore we don't expect a compatibility with his teachings, and with all the Christian denominations out there. All cannot be correct.
Especially when one's Christology & Soteriology differs from another's to such a degree (eg: Unitarian vs Trinitarian, Universalism vs The Faithful).
Totally agreed that theology is super important (which is the root of denominations). I'm just highlighting that a person's ability to pass a theology test is NOT what gives salvation.

We can't go saying "X group is not saved!" or something like that.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Totally agreed that theology is super important (which is the root of denominations). I'm just highlighting that a person's ability to pass a theology test is NOT what gives salvation.

We can't go saying "X group is not saved!" or something like that.
That's right, again, I should've kept my subjective conclusions to myself, as most of us are just trying to ensure that we have God's approval on our own theologies. For, we all will be scrutinized as to what we believe, and to the extent that we believe it (seeds & sower), by the Almighty Judge.
For what we believe, reflects on our perception of God.
Therefore, it can be either, rather glorifying to Him, or insulting, I do believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading many, many posts here and hearing the confusion so many have about how their faith should look, or how they should act on their faith,
I'll tell you how I decided to move forward in my faith over 20 years ago, when it became clear to me there was something wrong with all the churches I attended of different denominations.

I started praying and praying and praying and praying, and laying my heart out to GOD, and pleaded with HIM to show me the TRUTH of His Christianity, and salvation, because I felt there was something wrong with what I heard and saw compared to what I've read.

For over 40 years I have searched for the truth and depended on the Holy Spirit to provide that truth by leading me, and at times speaking to me.

I suggest all of you do the same thing.
Go to the source and plead with God and tell Him how important it is to have nothing but the truth directly from Him alone.
There are so many voices in this world with so many opinions that not only contradict each other, but they contradict God as well.

I love where God has taken me in my faith and my life, and feel a peace and security in Him I could never find anywhere else, because over and over God has proved Himself to be faithful to me more times than I can count.
He has saved my life by giving me a vision of seeing myself being killed in a near car crash , he has healed me countless times miraculously in my nearly 77 years of life, protected me miraculously, provided for me miraculously.

When God steps into your life, usually as the Holy Spirit countless times, and His voice becomes so familiar that you know who's speaking to you, there is no doubt of how God will be there for me and I trust Him completely, even to the point of death, if that's what he wants for me.

I have surrendered my whole life to HIM the best way I know how and am continually learning new ways as He guides me and teaches me.

All I want is what He wants, so I'm in prayer every day 2-5 hours seeking His will for my life, glorifying Him and praising Him for all He is to me and all those I love that He cares for.
On a daily bases, nothing is more important than prayer and laying our hearts and lives and the feet of God at His throne, and daily seeking His truth and seeking His will for our lives.

You don't need anyone to tell you what to believe or what to do, if your leaving everything up to God.

May God bless all of you richly as you search for the truth that will continually save you.
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth and DNB

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading many, many posts here and hearing the confusion so many have about how their faith should look, or how they should act on their faith,
I'll tell you how I decided to move forward in my faith over 20 years ago, when it became clear to me there was something wrong with all the churches I attended of different denominations.

I started praying and praying and praying and praying, and laying my heart out to GOD, and pleaded with HIM to show me the TRUTH of His Christianity, and salvation, because I felt there was something wrong with what I heard and saw compared to what I've read.

For over 40 years I have searched for the truth and depended on the Holy Spirit to provide that truth by leading me, and at times speaking to me.
I think another way of saying this is "I went from one understanding of the Gospel, to another, to another because they didn't match up with what I was understanding from scripture & the Spirit myself. So a pleaded directly with God to show me His understanding." Which is admirable, especially the last part.
I suggest all of you do the same thing.
Go to the source and plead with God and tell Him how important it is to have nothing but the truth directly from Him alone.
That is indeed the source of true wisdom! Which is why I have done so and likewise encourage others to do so :)
There are so many voices in this world with so many opinions that not only contradict each other, but they contradict God as well.

I love where God has taken me in my faith and my life, and feel a peace and security in Him I could never find anywhere else, because over and over God has proved Himself to be faithful to me more times than I can count.
He has saved my life by giving me a vision of seeing myself being killed in a near car crash , he has healed me countless times miraculously in my nearly 77 years of life, protected me miraculously, provided for me miraculously.

When God steps into your life, usually as the Holy Spirit countless times, and His voice becomes so familiar that you know who's speaking to you, there is no doubt of how God will be there for me and I trust Him completely, even to the point of death, if that's what he wants for me.

I have surrendered my whole life to HIM the best way I know how and am continually learning new ways as He guides me and teaches me.

All I want is what He wants, so I'm in prayer every day 2-5 hours seeking His will for my life, glorifying Him and praising Him for all He is to me and all those I love that He cares for.

May God bless all of you richly as you search for the truth that will continually save you.
My name is OLIGOS
That you very much for sharing your touching testimony @Seasoned by Grace

Reactions: mjrhealth

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seek God out with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and you'll be rewarded with a life and a truth that you'll be overwhelmed by and overjoyed by as I am, with a peace and contentment beyond what you could explain properly to anyone, as it goes beyond human words, and causes you to fall in love with God in a way that you can only praise God for, because that's where the love for Him comes from - From God Himself, as it is a super-natural love that isn't of this earth, or from mankind.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seek God out with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and you'll be rewarded with a life and a truth that you'll be overwhelmed by and overjoyed by as I am, with a peace and contentment beyond what you could explain properly to anyone, as it goes beyond words, and causes you to fall in love with God in a way that you can only praise God for, because that's where the love for Him comes from - From God Himself, as it is a super-natural love that isn't of this earth, or from mankind.
I get what you're getting at here: and such individually seeking the Lord is indeed the foundation of wisdom and the deepest happiness.

I do see it separate from the topic of denominations, though.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what you're getting at here: and such individually seeking the Lord is indeed the foundation of wisdom and the deepest happiness.

I do see it separate from the topic of denominations, though.

It's supposed to .
That's the point.
The topic is "Denominations won't save you" and my point is, and has been, only Christ and HIS TEACHINGS in TRUTH, not mans twisted idea's and heresy, will save you when they are sought out in prayer and confidence that He will bless you beyond all you could imagine.

God's desire for us to know His Truth is greater than you could ever imagine, because His truth is the only thing that will save us, and you know it's God desire that all should be saved.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's supposed to .
That's the point.
The topic is "Denominations won't save you" and my point is, and has been, only Christ and HIS TEACHINGS in TRUTH, not mans twisted idea's and heresy, will save you when they are sought out in prayer and confidence that He will bless you beyond all you could imagine.

God's desire for us to know His Truth is greater than you could ever imagine, because His truth is the only thing that will save us, and you know it's God desire that all should be saved.
Having your butt on a certain denomination’s bench won’t save you, true. But having a denomination is also not a bad thing, nor is it something to be avoided.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having your butt on a certain denomination’s bench won’t save you, true. But having a denomination is also not a bad thing, nor is it something to be avoided.

To me denominations or any kind of organized "Religion" is like the plague or the coronavirus.
I walked away from organized church of any kind over a year ago, as to me they are an "abomination" of God to me.
God has brought several men into my life that feel the same way and we talk and have fellowship , one is in my neighborhood, and the other is clear across the pond in England.
Now there's a miracle for you.

There is a verse in Hebrews, Hebrews 4:25 that says , "not forsaking our own assembling together as is the habit of some, but God is talking there about the attitude of the heart and your hearts condition with God.

If you study 2nd Corinthians 6: 14-18, "God talks about separating yourself from any form of evil, and todays churches all have a form of evil no matter who they are or say they represent.

I want to honor God the way God has called me to and todays churches are totally lost and are leading the unknowing straight to hell in my opinion.

What I love about my faith is it took me 42 years of struggling to find what works for me through God's word, and I love the peace I have now and no longer struggling with feeling that something is wrong, because for me, God has met me where I was in my spiritual pain and over time revealed a truth to me that is in complete HARMONY with all of His word.

I f you don't agree with me that's fine. I am at peace, and have a God in my life that knows me and loves me. Life just doesn't get any better for me.

Will there be believers called by God to His kingdom from all the denominations, Catholics, JW"S, protestants, even Morman's and all others???
I think so at this stage of my life. Not the church, just the individuals

Could I change?? MAYBE, but I have met people from several doctrines that I don't agree with the church doctrine, but their heart and love for people and for God was just amazing to behold.

I believe they will be saved by their heart condition.

Remember now, this is my opinion and I'm not telling anyone what they should do , or what they should believe. That's a personal choice.

Romans 14:22, "The faith that you have, have as your own conviction before God,
Happy is he who doesn't condemn himself in what he approves

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me denominations or any kind of organized "Religion" is like the plague or the coronavirus.
Completely and passionately disagree with you there.
Will there be believers called by God to His kingdom from all the denominations, Catholics, JW"S, protestants, even Morman's and all others???
YES!!!!!
Could I change?? MAYBE, but I have met people from several doctrines that I don't agree with the church doctrine, but their heart and love for people and for God was just amazing to behold.

I believe they will be saved by their heart condition.
Totally!

But there is ZERO evil about having something organized.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely and passionately disagree with you there.

YES!!!!!

Totally!

But there is ZERO evil about having something organized.

It's not about being organized. It's about being EVIL AND WRONG !!!

In the future, as God reveals His truth to you, you'll remember my words and you will understand.
Remember, it took me 42 years to come to this conclusion and I'm 77 years old now and just astatic where I am in my faith..

Last edited: