Denominations will never be saved !!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not the fact that God offers the Holy Spirit to the faithful, that is in question, it is those who claim to have it, that I am indignant towards.
That is, when one claims that their understanding of the Gospel has been inspired, or taught to them, by the Holy Spirit, it is tantamount to claiming infallibility to their views. And I have yet to see such a degree of wisdom and soundness from anyone on this forum, including myself.
But it is not us, claiming infallibility, it is you stating what you believe, we are all human, even the bible says, we prophesy in part, because our flesh our minds get in the way. not going to stop me writing. And juts because one is led by the Spirit doesnt mean one knows all things, God would never do that, our heads would explode. I know nothing of the end times, just that HE is coming really soon and many will not be ready. we all have the choice, ask and you will receive, one doesnt need to crawl to God on bended knee, He is after all a loving father who gives good things to those who ask.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't find anything inherently evil about being organized?

Your objection is instead a disagreement about those stated beliefs?

BINGO !!!
If you go to church, just keep reading your bible and keep listening to what is said, and what is done, and keep praying for the truth and God will open your eyes.

Why do you think I was lead here by God" to get something for myself??

I came here to encourage you and anyone else to search for the truth, for the times are getting shorter.
If you haven't noticed, we are in a period of time the earth hasn't seen since the time of NOAH.
This is a time of CATASTRAPHY for mis-believers and non-believers the world over.

You'd better be sure your right.
You may not get another chance.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So then you disagreement isn't with the idea of "denominations" at all, just that you haven't found an existing denomination that you believe teaches correctly.
Am I understanding right?

I guess simple question, IS Christ divided.

Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
Mar_3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

and again

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Salvation is in Christ alone and teh truth is only in Him

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you disagreement isn't with the idea of "denominations" at all, just that you haven't found an existing denomination that you believe teaches correctly.
Am I understanding right?

I haven't found in 42 years any church of ANY DOCTRINE that teaches the same truth that Paul taught. Not even the church I first started in.

If your paying attention to what's happening in the "Church culture" today, people are leaving in a mass exodus all churches, unsatisfied with the "HERASY" Paul said would be taught in the end times.
They are looking for something real and authentic, not a "CIRCUS" of churches trying to out do each other with coffee, cookies, and bigger musical productions and bigger more extravagant buildings to draw the people in to their "ABOMINATION".

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess simple question, IS Christ divided.

Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
Mar_3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

and again

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Salvation is in Christ alone and teh truth is only in Him
I see that as being separate that the concerns @Seasoned by Grace is expressing (as far as I'm understanding them, anyways).

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But *if* you found one, you won't have any problems with it existing? Including in an organized way?

I would love a church like that.

You have no idea how much I miss going to church, and fellowshiping and having people you know to look forward to seeing, and sharing what Christ is doing in your life, and sharing in the truth of Gods word.

I even tried to find that in 4 different men s groups, but they were just mean and hateful about anything that was about the truth.

Sometimes honoring Gods teachings can be PAINFUL and leaves me feeling alone at times, but God has blessed me for my faithfulness as He did Paul when Paul was attacked in 2nd Corinthians and called a false teacher and attacked his message from Christ.

The truth is always attacked and hated because it reveals the false believers and they hate being discovered.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would love a church like that.

You have no idea how much I miss going to church, and fellowshiping and having people you know to look forward to seeing, and sharing what Christ is doing in your life.

Sometimes honoring Gods teachings can be PAINFUL and leaves me feeling alone at times, but God has blessed me for my faithfulness as He did Paul when Paul was attacked in 2nd Corinthians and called a false teacher and attacked his message from Christ.

The truth is always attacked and hated because it reveals the false believers and they hate being discovered.
So your objection isn't really "denominations" at all.

Jus that you have not found you that you believe teaches correctly -- which is a understandably really hard place to be in, and my heart goes out to you.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But it is not us, claiming infallibility, it is you stating what you believe, we are all human, even the bible says, we prophesy in part, because our flesh our minds get in the way. not going to stop me writing. And juts because one is led by the Spirit doesnt mean one knows all things, God would never do that, our heads would explode. I know nothing of the end times, just that HE is coming really soon and many will not be ready. we all have the choice, ask and you will receive, one doesnt need to crawl to God on bended knee, He is after all a loving father who gives good things to those who ask.
You can't have it both ways. If you are being lead by the Spirit, then you are following veritable and divine truth. No two ways about it.
This is why I always disclaim everything that I ever say with the caveat, '...in my opinion,..'. And I never state that the Holy Spirit guided me, in anything that has come out of my mouth on this forum.
I have way too much reverence for God and His Spirit, to ever think that my feeble understanding and comments are derived from His guidance.
Again, I believe that the offer is there, but only the truly humble and faithful do receive it.
And again, most of us here have just not exuded such pre-requisites to receive it, nor the results of having obtained it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can't have it both ways. If you are being lead by the Spirit, then you are following veritable and divine truth. No two ways about it.
This is why I always disclaim everything that I ever say with the caveat, '...in my opinion,..'. And I never state that the Holy Spirit guided me, in anything that has come out of my mouth on this forum.
I have way too much reverence for God and His Spirit, to ever think that my feeble understanding and comments are derived from His guidance.
Again, I believe that the offer is there, but only the truly humble and faithful do receive it.
And again, most of us here have just not exuded such pre-requisites to receive it, nor the results of having obtained it.
See and so you deny God, so easy for the devil, you desire those who have His Spirit, than you question them because they are not perfect. Yes, you cannot have it both ways so you choose neither.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jus that you have not found you that you believe teaches correctly -- which is a understandably really hard place to be in, and my heart goes out to you.

And she never will, and no man will ever find one, the truth should I need to repeat, is in Christ alone, you seek Him you find Him and there it is.

I am the way the truth and the Life...

There is no other

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And she never will, and no man will ever find one, the truth should I need to repeat, is in Christ alone, you seek Him you find Him and there it is.

I am the way the truth and the Life...

There is no other
No one is saying that any body besides Christ is the way to salvation!
But there can indeed stile His disciples on the earth congregating together. That celebration of Christ doesn't remotely take away from Christ Himself.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one is saying that any body besides Christ is the way to salvation!
But there can indeed stile His disciples on the earth congregating together. That celebration of Christ doesn't remotely take away from Christ Himself.
But it adds mixture, if you want the truth than add denominational truths, the truth you have is no longer the truth, you take a white garment and put it in red dye, its not going to come out white, you take a man and put him in a SDA religion he is not going to come out a catholic, who do you desire to be like, Christ or the church you choose.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

teh devil loves crowds.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's very kind of you.

James 1:2-4, says" Consider it all joy my brethren when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let that endurance have it's perfect result that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Trials and testing are part of the Christian walk as God grows us and strengthens us to stand for the truth in all circumstances and not be afraid or discouraged, or worry about what people think of us.

We are in this world, but not of this world, and at the right time Christ will take us home to never feel pain of persecution ever again which is ok if we do, because Christ is worth it for all he did for me and has done for me.
I find joy in my suffering, because like others, I carry the greatest message ever given to mankind for their eternal life.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See and so you deny God, so easy for the devil, you desire those who have His Spirit, than you question them because they are not perfect. Yes, you cannot have it both ways so you choose neither.
There you go MJR, showing an ignorance about what is being said, and then you claim that you have the Spirit. This is my whole point. You've heard the comments on this forum, people are stating that they are constantly be guided by the Spirit. Thus, in such cases, I don't expect perfection necessarily, but a high degree of wisdom, clarity, and pedagogy.
Why can't everyone just say, 'this is my opinion'. Or, 'I prayed for wisdom, this is what I got, what do you think?'.
I've said a thousand times on this forum, let others praise you, and tell you that what you've explained appears to be God-given. That will start to convince me.
For to exalt oneself, is a sign of guilt, for sure.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it adds mixture, if you want the truth than add denominational truths, the truth you have is no longer the truth, you take a white garment and put it in red dye, its not going to come out white, you take a man and put him in a SDA religion he is not going to come out a catholic, who do you desire to be like, Christ or the church you choose.
SDA and Catholics are both Christians, with different understandings of certain parts the of the Gospel. Neither them holding those beliefs or sitting in an organized pew doesn't somehow un-make them a disciple of Christ.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's very kind of you.

James 1:2-4, says" Consider it all joy my brethren when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let that endurance have it's perfect result that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Trials and testing are part of the Christian walk as God grows us and strengthens us to stand for the truth in all circumstances and not be afraid or discouraged, or worry about what people think of us.

We are in this world, but not of this world, and at the right time Christ will take us home to never feel pain of persecution ever again which is ok if we do, because Christ is worth it for all he did for me and has done for me.
I find joy in my suffering, because like others, I carry the greatest message ever given to mankind for their eternal life.
Might I ask if there's any particular part of your beliefs you find hard to find other's that believe the same thing?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There you go MJR, showing an ignorance about what is being said, and then you claim that you have the Spirit. This is my whole point. You've heard the comments on this forum, people are stating that they are constantly be guided by the Spirit. Thus, in such cases, I don't expect perfection necessarily, but a high degree of wisdom, clarity, and pedagogy.
Why can't everyone just say, 'this is my opinion'. Or, 'I prayed for wisdom, this is what I got, what do you think?'.
I've said a thousand times on this forum, let others praise you, and tell you that what you've explained appears to be God-given. That will start to convince me.
For to exalt oneself, is a sign of guilt, for sure.
Yes you will seek after and never find because you will not understand, God gives to those who ask, are you not asking or is it you are afraid you will be torn apart by the religious, it is uncomfortable when you feel like a piece of steak in a cage full of hungry vultures, but Jesus never promised us an easy life

I seek no praise, if I wanted that I would have started my own religion, neither do i care wheter you believe or not, it is no skin of my nose, as for opinions. God cares nought for the"opinions" of men.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
SDA and Catholics are both Christians, with different understandings of certain parts the of the Gospel. Neither them holding those beliefs or sitting in an organized pew doesn't somehow un-make them a disciple of Christ.
I was a catholic for a good many years of my Life, I became a "christian" when I separated myself from the Harolt and joined my self to Him, or is it He joined Him self to me, theres there are a lot of saved people in mens religions but,

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

They wont be ready