• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

Bible Rejectors, Heretics, and the deceived blaspheme the power of the Cleansing BLOOD of Jesus , by teaching that only past sins are forgiven by the Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.
Paul teaches, that the Cross Of Christ is = "THE "ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin"" that is the finished work of Jesus on The Cross..

How do you know its Eternal ?
How do you know the BLOOD ATONEMENT, the NEW COVENANT, written in the Blood of Jesus is "ETERNAL"?, and not just temporary, or "past only" sins are forgiven?

1.) Well, one of the ways you know is that when The Blood Of Jesus has washed away your sin, you have ETERNAL LIFE< and eternal life is not Temporary.
So, the "Power of the Blood of Jesus"..>Its FRUIT, is "ETERNAL LIFE", that is now the Born again Believer's, spiritual domain.

ALSO....

2.) Because the Cross of Cross is 2000 yrs ago, and its still paying for sin TODAY, for as Long as God lives to keep offering ""the Gift of Salvation""" as "the Gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Reader...Listen..

There is a "damned" Galatians 1:8 cult teaching that says...>>>"only the sins that you committed before you are born again, are forgiven"

And that denies the Lord's "ETERNAL Sacrifice for Sin"""

So, the Self Righteous, play this game......Reader..

= "As long as i remember all my sin to confess, God will keep saving me over and over, and forgive me over and over".

So that is now the person up on the Cross..Confessing to try to stay saved....., and Jesus is ripped off the nails by their Self Righteousness.

A.) (Self Saving). = Christ denying.

The Born Again, who understand the "" ONE TIME...ETERAL Sacrifice of Christ "" as """God hath made Jesus to be SIN for us" ...know that Jesus has their sin, and They have become a "new creation in Christ' ....."Made Righteous." and are "one with God" "In Christ", and there is no sin found there.

AS...."::Being Now = made free from sin"::, is the eternal fruit of Jesus's Sacrifice on the Cross. Paul teaches.

See that 'NOW". ????? "NOW being made free from sin"?

That means = right NOW.... and for always.. "being made free"..."from sin".

That is the Power of the Blood Atonement.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
-

Bible Rejectors, Heretics, and the deceived blaspheme the power of the Cleansing BLOOD of Jesus , by teaching that only past sins are forgiven by the Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.
Paul teaches, that the Cross Of Christ is = "THE "ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin"" that is the finished work of Jesus on The Cross..

How do you know the BLOOD ATONEMENT, the NEW COVENANT, written in the Blood of Jesus is "ETERNAL"?, and not just temporary, or "past only" sins are forgiven?

1.) Well, one of the ways you know is that when The Blood Of Jesus has washed away your sin, you have ETERNAL LIFE< and eternal life is not Temporary.
So, the "Power of the Blood of Jesus"..>Its FRUIT, is "ETERNAL LIFE", that is now the Born again Believer's, spiritual domain.

ALSO....

2.) Because the Cross of Cross is 2000 yrs ago, and its still paying for sin TODAY, for as Long as God lives to keep offering ""the Gift of Salvation""" as "the Gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Reader...Listen..

There is a "damned" Galatians 1:8 cult teaching that says...>>>"only the sins that you committed before you are born again, are forgiven"

= "As long as i remember all my sin to confess, God will keep saving me over and over, and forgive me over and over".

So that is now the person up on the Cross..Confessing to try to stay saved....., and Jesus is ripped off the nails by their Self Righteousness.

The Born Again, who understand the "" ONE TIME...ETERAL Sacrifice of Christ "" as """God hath made Jesus to be SIN for us" ...know that Jesus has their sin, and They have become a "new creation in Christ' ....."Made Righteous." and are "one with God" "In Christ", and there is no sin found there.

AS...."::Being Now = made free from sin"::, is the eternal fruit of Jesus's Sacrifice on the Cross. Paul teaches.

Rattling a cage . . .

1Th 5:23-24 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (24) The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.

Reactions: marks

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is the distinction between getting initially converted and daily faith. Initial conversion.. is the giving of eternal life to the sinner. It is eternal. So like Behold says.. it's forever.. past, present and future sins are forgiven.

So many .. after hearing this.. will say.. 'Well then I can do whatever I want! There is no consequence for my sin'

Well-- what does a biological father do when he is doing his job right? He admonishes, rebukes and corrects a wayward child.

So does God. When a believer is rebellious, gets caught in sin .. He will discipline and rebuke them. He may even end their life so they stop harming others on this earth. But He will not remove eternal life.

So there is a consequence for sin for a believer. Vexation, discipline, rebuke from God. Plus the believer misses on rewards in heaven that other believers will get.

Just because He won't remove eternal life, doesn't mean there is no consequence for sin.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is the distinction between getting initially converted and daily faith. Initial conversion.. is the giving of eternal life to the sinner. It is eternal. So like Behold says.. it's forever.. past, present and future sins are forgiven.

So many .. after hearing this.. will say.. 'Well then I can do whatever I want! There is no consequence for my sin'

Well-- what does a biological father do when he is doing his job right? He admonishes, rebukes and corrects a wayward child.

So does God. When a believer is rebellious, gets caught in sin .. He will discipline and rebuke them. He may even end their life so they stop harming others on this earth. But He will not remove eternal life.

So there is a consequence for sin for a believer. Vexation, discipline, rebuke from God. Plus the believer misses on rewards in heaven that other believers will get.

Just because He won't remove eternal life, doesn't mean there is no consequence for sin.
Plus workers of iniquity fail to be chosen according to the foreknowledge of God and never receive the gift of eternal life, trusting instead in their own works.

Mat 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. (22) Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ (23) Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of iniquity!’

Reactions: Keturah

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Plus workers of iniquity fail to be chosen according to the foreknowledge of God and never receive the gift of eternal life, trusting instead in their own works.

Mat 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. (22) Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ (23) Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of iniquity!’
Well.. it is still possible for a believer to get caught up in sin. They still have two natures..flesh and spirit. A believer may not do good works.. doesn't mean they weren't saved to begin with.

Calvinism is seriously flawed mate. For that matter so is arminianism.

Paul wrote about being a sinner as a believer. David committed heinous sin. None are perfect.

Jesus wants us to sin less of course. But just because a believer isn't doing good works does not mean 'never saved in the first place'

Yes there will be fruit from being converted.. but that doesn't mean a life of continual faithfulness always.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another brazen attempt by "Behold" to confuse everyone. So let's see what the Word of God says to REFUTE his false doctrine: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (Rom 3:24,25)

Now does that verse say "for the remission of sins that are past, present, and future"? Absolutely not. Is that the Word of God? Absolutely. Did God say that when a person is justified by grace through faith that only his PAST SINS are forgiven? Absolutely. So now we have another false teacher promoting his Hyper-Grace doctrine.

But what does God say about present sins? We will let the apostle John tell us: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:8-10)

BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Calvinism is seriously flawed mate. For that matter so is arminianism.
Just as well the Bible isn't.

1Pe 1:1-2 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the elect who are exiles of the Dispersion throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, chosen (2) according to the foreknowledge of God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by His blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

These four dimensions are NOT mutually exclusive
but attend each other in the same way that
SPACE, TIME, LOCATION, & VELOCITY do:​
1. DIVINE FOREKNOWLEDGE
2. DIVINE DETERMINATION
3. VOLITIONAL ABILITY
4. DIVINE INTERVENTION

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Terrific post. (#3) Thanks.
Thought we should explore this bit about conversion.
And as compared to a daily walk and the effect on our afterlife.

For many, conversion was an event in time. Asked "When did you get saved?",
many would point to a specific time or series of events that led to a decision.

But some, like my own wife, say it was a gradual process over time.
Every believer has their own story.

And which Christian tradition one was either born into, or entered later in life, has a bearing as well.
The person born into a Catholic family and baptized as an infant is on a completely different trajectory
than the adult raised in an unbelieving family that "went forward" at a Billy Graham event.

These two individuals will have a starkly different daily walk of faith.

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another brazen attempt by "Behold" to confuse everyone. So let's see what the Word of God says to REFUTE his false doctrine: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (Rom 3:24,25)

Now does that verse say "for the remission of sins that are past, present, and future"? Absolutely not. Is that the Word of God? Absolutely. Did God say that when a person is justified by grace through faith that only his PAST SINS are forgiven? Absolutely. So now we have another false teacher promoting his Hyper-Grace doctrine.

But what does God say about present sins? We will let the apostle John tell us: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:8-10)

BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS!

Jesus gives eternal life to the sinner who believes in Him. If it is eternal.. that means present and future sins are also taken care of.

Do not confuse daily service with initial salvation. Initial salvation has no conditions but initial belief in Jesus. Daily service will determine our closeness with Jesus.. but He won't undo His payment for our sin.

John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10.. initial conversion. Once and forever.. eternal.

James chapter 2.. faith without works is dead.. this is THE faith.. daily service.. it is unprofitable to others without works. That is the context of the chapter. Can faith save him? It can save someone eternally for initial conversion... but their daily faith.. NO.. because they haven't made it profitable to the person they are saving. Abraham-- his faith was profitable to God.. right in God's eyes. .to offer up his son Isaac. But Abraham was initially converted earlier when He believed.

Rahab-- her faith was profitable to those she hid from harm. But she would have believed earlier.. she already had faith to do what she did.

The main thing: Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." KJV

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus gives eternal life to the sinner who believes in Him. If it is eternal.. that means present and future sins are also taken care of.
You seem to have missed the point. Does the New Testament say that you must deal with your PRESENT sins? Did Paul tell Christians to examine themselves, particularly before the Lord's Supper? Then you should focus on that. The issue is not about eternal life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now does that verse say "for the remission of sins that are past, present, and future"?

Yet, SIN is in the past memory.............as in "forgotten"

as in "left behind"

as in "done away with"

as in "no more will i remember them, sayeth GOD"

Jesus is the "one time ETERNAL sacrifice for Sin"

enoch111, use your dictionary and look up the word "eternal".

It'll surprise you, im sure.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet, SIN is in the past memory.............as in "forgotten"
There is nothing about "memory" in that passage. The Bible has REFUTED your false doctrine, but that has not caused you to repent and turn away from it. That verse did not say remission of sins past, present, and future. But you persist in your false teachings and also ask silly questions. The problem is that you are a MENACE to those who may not be well versed in Scripture.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enemies of the cross are those who resist the sacrifice of themselves to be dealt with by the power of the cross. Dogmatic religion based on the preservation of the self-life is in direct conflict with the kingdom of God. God is selfless. Being conformed to Christ means self-sacrifice. Those who justify themselves by dogmatic twisting of the bible will show themselves hostile to such sacrifice...calling it "works salvation".

No one can enter into the holy presence of God and remain there to abide in Christ unless that person be broken in the outer man. A religion that is based on the cult of presumption mocks at this requirement. But it costs us everything to enter into the kingdom realm and life of God. The free sample of initial grace is there to attract us to purchase the full product...which is the full measure of grace that enables us to walk in the resurrection power of Christ. We will seek and find Christ when we seek Him with ALL our hearts, That is cost of the fulness of God...our own full surrender.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

ALSO....

Reader...Listen..

I fail to see the relevancy of the cross, but you are quite correct, sins are atoned for through the blood sacrifice of Jesus. All sins past, present, and future as well. They do not atone everyone, as there are other requirements to be met for salvation, but it atones for all sins of everyone who receive salvation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is nothing about "memory" in that passage. The Bible has REFUTED your false doctrine, but that has not caused you to repent and turn away from it. That verse did not say remission of sins past, present, and future. But you persist in your false teachings and also ask silly questions. The problem is that you are a MENACE to those who may not be well versed in Scripture.

I didnt quote your verse.
I explained it.

Let me do it again.

I'll just post the verse that explains it for you.

Notice carefully...."remember NO MORE"

Notice carefully that there is nothing about past sin only..........as all the deceived teach.

Got that?
Read carefully
-
-
New International Version
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

New Living Translation
And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”

English Standard Version
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

Berean Standard Bible
For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more.”

Berean Literal Bible
because I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I shall remember their sins no more.

King James Bible
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

New King James Version
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

New American Standard Bible
“FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TOWARD THEIR WRONGDOINGS, AND THEIR SINS I WILL NO LONGER REMEMBER.”

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Enemies of the cross are those who resist the sacrifice of themselves

Enemies of the Cross refer to Jesus as a "whipping boy" and the Grace of God as "Free stuff"

Remember posting that, Episkopos?

Also, enemies of the Cross try to present themselves and their works as equal to the Cross of Christ. (The Blood Atonement).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didnt quote your verse.
Because you DODGED it. So let me repeat the verse: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (Rom 3:24,25)

So do you get it? Do you even understand this verse?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Because you DODGED it. So let me repeat the verse: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (Rom 3:24,25)

Yes, sins are in your past, if your are born again.

Jesus took care of them 200O yrs ago/....and that is indeed in the Past where "God hath made Jesus to be sin".... as "the one time Eternal Sacrifie for Sin

See it?

This is why God told you..

"""because I (God) will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I shall remember their sins no more."""

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

ALSO....

Reader...Listen..

absolute poppycock.

God didn't cease being offended by the breaking of His Commandments. Ever.

if He had, 1 John 3:4 wouldn't exist.

did Jesus teach it was ok to break God's Laws? did He set an example for all Christians to come by breaking the Commandments?

absolutely not. On the contrary, He obeyed every single one. John 15:10

and we are to do exactly the same. 1 John 2:6

Reactions: Ghada and Keturah