Derek Chauvin sentenced.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The police officer who killed George Floyd was sentenced to 22.5 years in prison.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they were wrong to not allow a new trial. That trial was not fair when you have the government pushing for conviction.

:mad:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think they were wrong to not allow a new trial. That trial was not fair when you have the government pushing for conviction. :mad:
I did not watch or read about the trial... so did not know they asked for a new one. it seems like the trial happened really fast though... There must have been pressure to deal with this.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they were wrong to not allow a new trial. That trial was not fair when you have the government pushing for conviction.

:mad:
You would have to be an idot not to have convicted him of something. The video's were too graphic and how stupid did he look with his knee on George's neck. Too bad he chose this guy to pull of this stupid stunt.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would have to be an idot not to have convicted him of something. The video's were too graphic and how stupid did he look with his knee on George's neck. Too bad he chose this guy to pull of this stupid stunt.
I don't know that someone would have to be an idiot or not, but I know that trials are supposed to be free from that kind of thing.

We don't try people in the press, which is what judging from media clips is. And we shouldn't have the federal government demanding a certain verdict. And we shouldn't have the brown-shirt rioters threatening unopposed destruction and murder if "the wrong verdict" is reached.

We shouldn't have jurors publically identified while the trial is in progress.

Are we to think that NONE of this reached the ears of the jurors?

Guilty or not, I personally do not believe he received a fair trial.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not watch or read about the trial... so did not know they asked for a new one. it seems like the trial happened really fast though... There must have been pressure to deal with this.
To say the least!

Much love!

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that someone would have to be an idiot or not, but I know that trials are supposed to be free from that kind of thing.

We don't try people in the press, which is what judging from media clips is. And we shouldn't have the federal government demanding a certain verdict. And we shouldn't have the brown-shirt rioters threatening unopposed destruction and murder if "the wrong verdict" is reached.

We shouldn't have jurors publically identified while the trial is in progress.

Are we to think that NONE of this reached the ears of the jurors?

Guilty or not, I personally do not believe he received a fair trial.

Much love!
I will agree with you. I was a sham.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will agree with you. I was a sham.
And I've just learned one of jurors lied during Voir Dire, claiming he wasn't familiar with the case and had no affiliation with BLM. But now has been published a photo of him wearing a BLM monikered T-shirt that says, I Can't Breath, from prior to the trial.

Yes, a sham.

Which is what we can all look forward to if this communist regime continues.

Much love!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The police officer who killed George Floyd was sentenced to 22.5 years in prison.
22.5 years is a drop in the ocean compared to what he will face on Judgment Day if he doesn't repent. Of course it was a sham. That's why Satan is in charge of governments.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This was a difficult one, he was defiantly guilty of inflicting harm on George, but there was no way they could have found him innocent of anything at the end of the trial, everyone was fearful of riots, if you were on the jury would you want to be responsible for creating further problems. I don’t know why they are calling for a longer sentence……..did he set out that day to kill George , no…….He was doing what he had probably done so many times before, like many officers. it was wrong and needed to be addressed but also the whole issue of why officers were able to do that for so long and get away with it needs to be dealt with.
@kcnalp ….do you honestly believe that this man hasn’t done some soul searching since he was arrested, he was a man who had got away with so much and used his power , when that is stripped away it’s a
amazing what God can do.
The Lord has laid him on my heart to pray for ……….and his family.

Rita

Reactions: amadeus