Destruction, and other words about it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vines Dictionary Old Testament and New Testament words.

27C456C7-AC76-4357-8892-C47A463235E7.jpeg 32B029CF-D31F-45A4-9CE7-747C5AEEADB1.jpeg 35FE3B13-959F-4940-ACB9-2B5F0864E65C.jpeg 65D62A57-EB47-4CBD-B75D-2FFABDAAA06D.jpeg 94E83D70-B255-4CF7-90D7-AC094BF1472C.jpeg 8022814B-5914-4AB4-8543-A3C1791171D7.jpeg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vines is extremely useful, in my opinion.

There is also strongs concordance.

Anything to help with Hebrew and Greek understanding about words and phraseology is extremely better than our natural English understanding.

Comparing to how words were used in the 1930s English and how English is used now in 2022 in my opinion which could be wrong is different to a certain degree.

However we still use phrases like “it feels as though my life is ending” in an meaning such “im really having a lot of stress and see no way out”.

“My life is (has been) destroyed”- ruined - they were not obliterated.

So over all dictionaries are very useful and this Hebrew and Greek one is useful too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has their opinions, outtakes, and looks @Robert Gwin. Thank you for expressing your subjective view, here on the thread sir.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vines on hell

Hell

[ 1,,G1067, geenna ]
represents the Hebrew Ge-Hinnom (the valley of Tophet) and a corresponding Aramaic word; it is found twelve times in the NT, eleven of which are in the Synoptists, in every instance as uttered by the Lord Himself. He who says to his brother, Thou fool (See under FOOL), will be in danger of the hell of fire," Matthew 5:22; it is better to pluck out (a metaphorical description of irrevocable law) an eye that causes its possessor to stumble, than that his "whole body be cast into hell," Matthew 5:29; similarly with the hand, Matthew 5:30; in Matthew 18:8-Matthew 18:9, the admonitions are repeated, with an additional mention of the foot; here, too, the warning concerns the person himself (for which obviously the "body" stands in chapt. 5); in Matthew 18:8, "the eternal fire" is mentioned as the doom, the character of the region standing for the region itself, the two being combined in the phrase "the hell of fire," Matthew 18:9. To the passage in Matt. 18, that in Mark 9:43-Mark 9:47, is parallel; here to the word "hell" are applied the extended descriptions "the unquenchable fire" and "where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched."

That God, "after He hath killed, hath power to cast into hell," is assigned as a reason why He should be feared with the fear that keeps from evil doing, Luke 12:5; the parallel passage to this in Matthew 10:28 declares, not the casting in, but the doom which follows, namely, the destruction (not the loss of being, but of well-being) of "both soul and body."

In Matt. 23 the Lord denounces the scribes and Pharisees, who in proselytizing a person "make him two-fold more a son of hell" than themselves (Matthew 23:15), the phrase here being expressive of moral characteristics, and declares the impossibility of their escaping "the judgment of hell," Matthew 23:33. In James 3:6 "hell" is described as the source of the evil done by misuse of the tongue; here the word stands for the powers of darkness, whose characteristics and destiny are those of "hell."

For terms descriptive of "hell," See e.g., Matthew 13:42; Matthew 25:46; Philippians 3:19; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Hebrews 10:39; 2 Peter 2:17; Jude 1:13; Revelation 2:11; Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:6, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 20:14; Revelation 21:8.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets see if you actually believe what you claim about Vines from above or will you go back to relying on your " SUBJECTIVE" presuppositional views on hell and everlasting torment.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany,

Are you someone who believes that people are still put in hell today? That one day they will come out of that place and be judged? Just curious to know if your someone who may have the view of a futurist position? Waiting on the Lord Jesus Christ to return? If you are that is fine. I do not believe that Jesus is coming back in this day in age, and believe that Jesus has already came back and has had victory over Sin, Hell/Sheol/Hades, Satan and His Angels, Death, all these things already, and that all of his enemies were made his footstool.

If you do not, then of course me and you are going to have differing views on how we each understand and see things, thank you so much for your time to comment.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is amazing now to see what Ghenna looks like today.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany,

Are you someone who believes that people are still put in hell today? That one day they will come out of that place and be judged? Just curious to know if your someone who may have the view of a futurist position? Waiting on the Lord Jesus Christ to return? If you are that is fine. I do not believe that Jesus is coming back in this day in age, and believe that Jesus has already came back and has had victory over Sin, Hell/Sheol/Hades, Satan and His Angels, Death, all these things already, and that all of his enemies were made his footstool.

If you do not, then of course me and you are going to have differing views on how we each understand and see things, thank you so much for your time to comment.
You claimed you believed Vines and I challenged you to hold to your end and see if you would accept it and change your subjective views .

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claimed you believed Vines and I challenged you to hold to your end and see if you would accept it and change your subjective views .

I believe that Jesus has had victory over all
things already. All enemies have been made to be his footstool.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is usefulness in understanding words from the Vines dictionary. I don’t hold or know what the man’s personal beliefs were, @Christophany.

I believe that Jesus has had the victory over hell/Sheol, Satan and his angels, death, sin and that his death was universal for all people. That some people have accepted him and now are apart of the Kingdom on High being citizens of heaven, as children of God or sons and daughters of God. There are also those who still remain faithless and have not been adopted in this life to be partaking in that heavenly kingdom. All I know is that one day all tongues shall come to confess Jesus is Lord as the Bible proclaims and be either part of the heavenly kingdom or be outside of that kingdom, all by their own choice.

Would have any more questions about what I do or do not believe sir? Because this the finality of it.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has their opinions, outtakes, and looks @Robert Gwin. Thank you for expressing your subjective view, here on the thread sir.

You are very welcome Matt, always glad to bear testimony about my God Jehovah when the opportunity presents itself sir. I commend you for opening these opportunities for sure.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fail to understand your question Vicky, the earth abideth forever maam Ecc 1:4

I can’t pinpoint my question…it is something like if destruction means The lake of fire is the epitome of destruction Matt, it is permanent. as says 2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

There isn’t really a question, and I’m not trying to prove anything exactly…I’m asking you to consider…if you apply the same for the bodies thrown into the fire to be destroyed, “permanently” to the heavens and earth that now are …is the same “epitome of destruction” “permanent”
applied to both? Yet from where I’m sitting one is celebrated for “a new heaven and earth” “paradise”…the other celebrated “bodies” permanently destroyed never to rise again.

Reactions: ChristisGod