Did God Kill Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To show the Jewish people the supremacy of the sacrifice of Jesus over the sacrifice of the Mosaic Law. Far more than that, but that is the main message of the book, that the blood of Jesus is far superior than the blood of bulls and goats.

Hebrews 9:12-14​

King James Version​

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 10​

King James Version​

10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
It was written to Jewish Christians who were reverting back to Judaism. I was written using the understanding they had re the sacrificial system to show them that Jesus was the innocent who was killed by the guilty.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we're talking about are people who reject Scripture in its original language, apply modern understanding to archaic text, etc., and thus there are people who are wrong in their understanding of scriptural verses because of this.
Just was stating what is followed in which those who have the holy spirit attribute from Christ. Faithful onlookers to God.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just was stating what is followed in which those who have the holy spirit attribute from Christ. Faithful onlookers to God.

Ok but those attributes don't excuse people from rejecting Scripture in its original language, applying modern understanding to archaic text, etc. Agree?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also are FREE to post on a public open forum just do not quote me.

Spiritual is discerned in light of the Spirit's teaching to those whom are in Christ. He embeds the truth of the word in the heart of believers and it becomes a part of our DNA, as his letter to the world.
2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

To receive it only as a literal book, which many do, is to lack understanding and wisdom. There is no LIFE in doing this.

I would never declare a new revelation nor insight of the word that is not free to all whom believe and partake of it in the HS inspiration. There is NO private interpretation.Most Spirit guided believers see much of the word of God in the same way.
Thank you . then I do apologize for misreading your intent.

I also realize it is not just another book. but those literal words give life.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was written to Jewish Christians who were reverting back to Judaism. I was written using the understanding they had re the sacrificial system to show them that Jesus was the innocent who was killed by the guilty.
Nope. nowhere are these called saints in the epistle. they are called associates of the Christians and fellow fellowshippers but never saved.

It was written to Hebrew Jews who were fellowshipping with Jewish believers and were on the "cusp of salvation" so to speak. but because of persecution and seeing the severe penalties Jewish believers were enduring for becoming christians, many were considering returning ot the law.

The understood jesus was Messiah, they were shown that the ols sytem could not remove sins, and after receiving the knowledge and being enlightened, to turn back to the sacrifical system would bring death.

Based on the accepted dates of the writing of the letter, this was shortly before Rome destroyed the temple and killed over 1 million Jews in fulfilment of the Luke 21:21-24 prophwcy.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Think the question of this thread is all wrong... The question is Did God will that Jesus Die on the Cross...

Jesus has already answered this question....

Mat 26:42 He went away again a second time and prayed, saying, "My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Your will be done."

Heb 10:7 "THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.'" 8 After saying above, "SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them" (which are offered according to the Law), 9 then He said, "BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL." He takes away the first in order to establish the second.

The Truth.... hardly ever agrees with the traditions of men...
Paul

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok but those attributes don't excuse people from rejecting Scripture in its original language, applying modern understanding to archaic text, etc. Agree?

Those attributes show they have faith in God and they desire to love God and others. What people do with the scripture as far as they understand it doesnt matter if they arent in context anyway. Sometimes people dont understand things they read. Sometimes they do. If they say they love God and hate their neighbor. Scripture doesnt really matter anyway does it? If a persons says they love God yet hate their neighbor. Seems to be a spiritual problem.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those attributes show they have faith in God and they desire to love God and others. What people do with the scripture as far as they understand it doesnt matter if they arent in context anyway. Sometimes people dont understand things they read. Sometimes they do. If they say they love God and hate their neighbor. Scripture doesnt really matter anyway does it? If a persons says they love God yet hate their neighbor. Seems to be a spiritual problem.

Do you agree people shouldn't reject Scripture in its original language, apply modern understanding to archaic text, etc.?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree people shouldn't reject Scripture in its original language, apply modern understanding to archaic text, etc.?
To me its important to get as close to truth as one can get to by the allowance of the holy spirit. When it comes to translation messagr normally its the intent on what was believed at the time. Greek, and hebrew langauge helps understand a bit more than just regular english. Hope that helps you understand my postion, as its good to get to as close to truth as one can get too.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me its important to get as close to truth as one can get to by the allowance of the holy spirit. When it comes to translation messagr normally its the intent on what was believed at the time. Greek, and hebrew langauge helps understand a bit more than just regular english. Hope that helps you understand my postion, as its good to get to as close to truth as one can get too.

So, you agree people shouldn't reject Scripture in its original language, apply modern understanding to archaic text, etc. Good.