Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... bc believing that Jesus died for your sins will not save you; following Him is all that will.
I do agree with your statement with this clarification: Following Him is not possible without believing in Him. This believing in Him is where it gets complicated for some people... but the good thing is that we do not all need to be able to understand it all.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

The faith part is the important part rather than specific and correct knowledge. If and when needed God will provide any knowledge.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The faith part is the important part rather than specific and correct knowledge. If and when needed God will provide any knowledge.
yes, i was reminded of this in the "we all have knowledge" quote from Scripture, where that is put in quotes in Scripture lol--iow a way to say "so to speak."

1We know that "We all possess knowledge." But knowledge puffs up while love builds up.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see we have 2 very smart men in this crowd.
Smart, however true it may or may not be, will not alone get anyone to the end of the road with Jesus. God's plan is absolutely and completely fair without regard to what gifts each of have or do not have. The verse that I always go back to on this is here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Too many people in the United States presume because they are here and they are "Christian" they have it made. The OSAS doctrine supports this misconception. The essence of the verse I quote is: "much is given, much is required".

If God gave us more than average brain power, we had better accomplish more than the guy with average or less brain power. If we are blessed with a lot a money, we had better put it to proper use according to God's guidelines [whatever they are]. If we have a better education than someone with similar brain power who was born in Haiti, we had better make proper use of it as God see it. Etc.

Skills, talents, brains, money, position, education, opportunity, place of residence, parentage, race, sex and many more are what have been provided... or the lack thereof. This complex assortment certainly makes it understandable to a reasonably smart person why only God can really judge us all fairly.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, thank God i am so hidden here, if you only knew how useless i am at pretty much everything else lol, but ty :)
My uselessness is mostly exposed in the way I deal with or fail to deal with the things of this carnal world in which we dwell. This is one area in which my wife is so very important to me. She deals with all of the day to day garbage and does it well while I in my naivety often do not even realize there was a problem until she tells me. She also is often my ears for God. She has discernment in the ways of people and the needs of people, not only in carnal ways but in spiritual ways. I often look seriously to this verse:

"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." Prov 18:22

Does anyone else understand what a help meet is? I do!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya, guess i'll have to get more input on what you mean here, maybe someone else can interpret for me. I'll get back to you on this.

There are probably lots of posts after this...and I am sure this one has been addressed by others.

Ref about you judging God by OT happenings.. ( not just you..others too.)

The thing is.."we" think that the happenings which appear unkind, cruel, or mean...are done by our pea brain understanding and our human reasonings.

Yet, we have NOT seen the end of these judgement yet. I do NOT believe they are eternal at all. It was a different dispensation. Different rules applied.
These people lives.
In my foolishness I was cross with the Lord about His judgement up Uzzah ...I did not understand, I thought God was unjust ( that is judgement!!)

2 Samuel 6 "And when they came to Nachon's threshing floor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God."

The man was steadying the Ark incase it fell. But the reason was DAVID'S not Uzzah's. God gave Moses the laws of how the ark must be carried.
With the Levite priest holding the two poles which were through the gold loops either side of the Ark. THIS was GODS way, God's order. David just said "bring the Ark up, put it on a new cart!! " That was man's way, not God's.
Poor Uzzah got punished for trying to do a good thing , in his own eyes.
Did he go straight to Hell? NO! His life was cut short as a punishment.

So, what I am trying to say is...we show our ignorance when we believe that God is an tyrant ....that is what Satan LOVES us to believe. Lies.
Now, for me, these last years , whenever I don't understand something that I think God should have done or should not have done...I hold my peace...and quote- "Righteous art thou O Lord and upright are they judgement."

We do NOT know the end of everyones story yet...far too early to judge.
We are quick to judge , but are like a lawyer in court who doesn't even have all the true facts... yet.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are quick to judge , but are like a lawyer in court who doesn't even have all the true facts... yet.
Wonderful post as usual....Thank goodness that you and a couple of others balance the scales against that awful religious spirit, which seems to try sooo hard to get a hold of everyone ( believers ).
Ah yes our enemy, a two trick pony.....either do everything to make us NOT believe in God , and if he loses that battle, he goes onto trying to get us to believe all the wrong things about our loving Father, thereby making us unfruitful..

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ref about you judging God by OT happenings..
well, i don't really get that, as believing that God needs something here is judging God, as far as i'm concerned, and also the conventional view of "OT God" is not really portrayed in the Garden or the Wanderings, more like Leviticus on, at least to my mind, when Law was being established? But i guess that could just be my perception? Well, Adamic v Mosiac/Davidic covenant, imo, just two/three diff dispensations, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The thing is.."we" think that the happenings which appear unkind, cruel, or mean...are done by our pea brain understanding and our human reasonings.
yes, i get you there; the Davidic God was a response to legal-minded people, right.
The whole point being to illustrate the deficiency of Law for salvation, to a ppl who had just rejected God for a king.

so iow a great proxy for a new seeker who has just walked into a congregation, even though this connection is rarely made, i guess bc the king is obscured there, Jesus on the Cross is set up as a screen for the 501c3, the real Monarch

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yet, we have NOT seen the end of these judgement yet. I do NOT believe they are eternal at all.
imo our common def of "eternal" is bad anyway; a concept can easily be "eternal" without the players in it being eternal, for instance. We are told those with "eternal life" get a "new name," etc, but of course egos who are intent upon getting "self" to a never-ending party in the sky are just really not mentally/heart equipped to even read those vv yet imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, this will have pretty severe consequences for the doctrine of Original Sin at least, and also Trinity doctrine, and some other ones that many ppl believe, which are more or less based upon the belief that God does not love you just like you are, or God needs an Intermediary, or any other pagan ideas similar to these. "God requires penance" is another, maybe even "God requires service," categorically anyway (when "service" is defined improperly iow), and etc