Did Jesus say He Was God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and that is the mystery of the Trinity Christians have argued for throughout history. While Jesus is a person of the Trinity, he is fully God. He is not part of God. He is fully God in every way, yet one person of the Trinity.
thanks for that post, may I ask you a question regarding this post. in Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour”. the LORD all caps, (the Father) say that he is the ONLY Saviour.
Is not the Lord Jesus the Saviour?. if so, and I believe that, then LORD all cap is the Son? Remember I is singular. Indicating one person. if there is three persons in the trinity as you say, why is the LORD is indicated as the Saviour and not the the one you call the son, or the second person.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started not to answer this or address it, but some are still in ignorance. 1 John 5:7 let's read it and let the scriptures tells us that it's not three person, listen. 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". did you see the bold and underline, "these". Father, Word, and Holy Ghost are TITLES. listen "these" not "THEY" are one which would indicate PERSONS. these identify the titles of the one and only true God Jesus /Yeshua, "WHO" is Lord, meaning God. so you should try another scripture.

You seem to emphasize certain words to exclude the meaning of others in the verse. A witness is one person. To have three witnesses in heaven is three Persons. If God was really a One Person God, then He cannot judge anyone by His own words.... but God can judge because He is a Triune God.

Deuteronomy 17:6At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus never died. That is totally wrong He laid down His life death could not take Him. He was Holy and sinless its sin the brings death. Jesus never died as you say here

If He laid down His life, than He died. That's all I meant. And He did die for sin - not His sins, but ours. All through the New Testament, the apostles are perfectly happy to say that Jesus simply 'died'. Why do you have a problem with this?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to emphasize certain words to exclude the meaning of others in the verse. A witness is one person. To have three witnesses in heaven is three Persons. If God was really a One Person God, then He cannot judge anyone by His own words.... but God can judge because He is a Triune God.

Deuteronomy 17:6At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
GINOLJC, to JesusIsFaithful, this is the reason why I didn't want to answer. see you say God is 3 person and you stress one needs two witness, have you really read what I been posting. listen, what is a "numerical difference?" a share of the SAME PERSON, "TWO". same person only shared in flesh and bone. God never stop being God. he's a plurality just as H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem) states, meaning he's the H259 'echad of himself. in the NT the Greek word that describe this plurality of God being one is G243 allos. I suggest you study those word in Hebrew and GreeK carefully and understand their meaning and how they apply to our God in his plurality as ONE GOD. I know the problem, it's simple. the share vs separation. and being the EQUAL "Share" of God in Flesh you have two witness. see you been taught one way all your life. but I only, for the love of God, in his name, Lord Jesus, just consider what I been saying. just consider it. thanks.

and after careful consideration, ask any question concering the Godhead as you may. and please understand, I'M NOT YOUR ENEMY. maybe a good friend.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
I thought the Lord Jesus is the WORD of God, as you pointed out in John 1:1-4.

Jesus is the name of the flesh that our Father in heaven ( Word of God ) used to testify to the knowledge called Christ. Peter was the next flesh of man to testify to the knowledge called Christ, then came other servants like Stephen, Jude, Timothy, Paul and many others during the first witness of the gospel that revealed how we're created.

The Word of God is the Lord and Savior, not a visible flesh named Jesus that was used to speak words from the INVISIBLE Word of God.

John 12
44: And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.
45: And he who sees me sees him who sent me.
46: I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48: He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If He laid down His life, than He died. That's all I meant. And He did die for sin - not His sins, but ours. All through the New Testament, the apostles are perfectly happy to say that Jesus simply 'died'. Why do you have a problem with this?
Why cant you see what I am saying Jesus laid down His Life death Could not kill Him He had to lay it down. Death can not touch the sinless. He was sinnless and could not did like adam before sin. This is really simple. But you want to complicate it because you never knew it. Why is everything that is new to you wrong?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why cant you see what I am saying Jesus laid down His Life death Could not kill Him He had to lay it down. Death can not touch the sinless. He was sinnless and could not did like adam before sin. This is really simple. But you want to complicate it because you never knew it. Why is everything that is new to you wrong?

Of course that's true - but it's not a reason to avoid saying that 'Jesus died'.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the name of the flesh that our Father in heaven ( Word of God ) used to testify to the knowledge called Christ.
this is your first ERROR, the name Jesus is before the flesh, meaning the name of the Spirit, supportive scripture. Luke 2:21 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb". well that just corrected that ERROR.

Second ERROR.
The Word of God is the Lord and Savior, not a visible flesh named Jesus that was used to speak words from the INVISIBLE Word of God.
I see you tried to change up your mistake. mixing truth with lie is dangerous. this is exactly what the devil did to our mother Eve. understand, when you mix a little truth with a little lie you get a bigger lie.
eldios, just as I told Jesus is Faithful, consider what you're saying. just STOP and consider what I been saying. again I'M NOT YOUR ENEMY, maybe a good friend. just consider what was posted.

now consider this, you said, quoting scripture, "John 12:44 "And Jesus cried out and said, He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me". now I want you to read this, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". read the whole context before this verse and after to understand who came. once you have understood that, now read this and tell us who came? Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

as I said, just consider who came. thanks in advance.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to JesusIsFaithful, this is the reason why I didn't want to answer. see you say God is 3 person and you stress one needs two witness, have you really read what I been posting. listen, what is a "numerical difference?" a share of the SAME PERSON, "TWO". same person only shared in flesh and bone. God never stop being God. he's a plurality just as H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem) states, meaning he's the H259 'echad of himself. in the NT the Greek word that describe this plurality of God being one is G243 allos. I suggest you study those word in Hebrew and GreeK carefully and understand their meaning and how they apply to our God in his plurality as ONE GOD. I know the problem, it's simple. the share vs separation. and being the EQUAL "Share" of God in Flesh you have two witness. see you been taught one way all your life. but I only, for the love of God, in his name, Lord Jesus, just consider what I been saying. just consider it. thanks.

and after careful consideration, ask any question concering the Godhead as you may. and please understand, I'M NOT YOUR ENEMY. maybe a good friend.

How do you answer those that says Jesus is not God because He had referred to the Father as "My God"? This is an example of using His words to deny His deity just as one can use His words to deny that plurality within the One God to mean One Person God when scripture referring to the other two witnesses as separate witness, because the witness of one cannot judge nor condemn.

John 5:22 testifies that the Father judges no man;

John 1:18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

No man has seen God at any time ( meaning the Father ) but Jesus has declared that He has "seen" the Father.

If you do not believe Jesus had meant that, here it is again.

John 6:46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Then one day that is coming in Heaven, Jesus said He will shew the Father unto us wherein we will not need Jesus as our ONLY Mediator because the Father loves us to.

John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

So Jesus has seen the image of the Father and thus have seen the Father. He told us a day will come when we will not need Jesus to talk to the Father for we can talk to Him face to face for He loves us too.

So I see Three Witnesses within the Godhead; as each Witness is considered a Person separate from the other two Witnesses Whom are the plurality that makes up the One God in how God established a word in creation and judged the people at the tower of Babylon by.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
this is your first ERROR, the name Jesus is before the flesh, meaning the name of the Spirit, supportive scripture. Luke 2:21 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb". well that just corrected that ERROR.

Second ERROR.

I see you tried to change up your mistake. mixing truth with lie is dangerous. this is exactly what the devil did to our mother Eve. understand, when you mix a little truth with a little lie you get a bigger lie.
eldios, just as I told Jesus is Faithful, consider what you're saying. just STOP and consider what I been saying. again I'M NOT YOUR ENEMY, maybe a good friend. just consider what was posted.

now consider this, you said, quoting scripture, "John 12:44 "And Jesus cried out and said, He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me". now I want you to read this, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". read the whole context before this verse and after to understand who came. once you have understood that, now read this and tell us who came? Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

as I said, just consider who came. thanks in advance.

Ignorance will keep you deceived from the Truth. You do not know that religious heathens were the one's who wrote and produced the New Testament with stolen words from us servants of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to JesusIsFaithful
How do you answer those that says Jesus is not God because He had referred to the Father as "My God"?
I will answer your two question and use one scripture to answer it. Father and Son are just titles of the same person, I guess you missed my post on this, but listen. when the Lord Jesus say "my Father", that's a possession of OWNERSHIP, he is saying my Spirit, and when the Father (same person) say my Son, he's showing possession of OWNERSHIP, my body. so let the scripture completely answer, notice I'm using only one verse to answer, watch the my God. Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name". did you get it, if not the Lord Jesus said, "I will write upon him the name of my God" then he said, "I will write upon him my new name". the NAME of God is JESUS, it's him speaking of HIMSELF, the same PERSON. please re-read that verse over again. get that and we'll answer any other question you may have.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course that's true - but it's not a reason to avoid saying that 'Jesus died'.
The point was death could not have Him He surrendered to death. In Him is Life the author of Life, death cant touch that. I said he never died He layed it down.

Well I think this is huge. But maybe its not much to others. I think this is hugly significant. and helps us better under stand who we are why He layed down His life. to restore US to the same as Adam before the fall. Jesus was the perfect example of how we are supposed to walk toady. and can walk like that today if ot wasnt for the unbelief in the church and all the misteaching of which there is very very much in here from all the self ordianed teachers

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point was death could not have Him He surrendered to death. In Him is Life the author of Life, death cant touch that. I said he never died He layed it down.
question, "what did our Lord Lay down?" please answer.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will answer your two question and use one scripture to answer it. Father and Son are just titles of the same person, I guess you missed my post on this, but listen. when the Lord Jesus say "my Father", that's a possession of OWNERSHIP, he is saying my Spirit, and when the Father (same person) say my Son, he's showing possession of OWNERSHIP, my body. so let the scripture completely answer, notice I'm using only one verse to answer, watch the my God. Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name". did you get it, if not the Lord Jesus said, "I will write upon him the name of my God" then he said, "I will write upon him my new name". the NAME of God is JESUS, it's him speaking of HIMSELF, the same PERSON. please re-read that verse over again. get that and we'll answer any other question you may have.

There is no point for God to use references of that sort when we as mankind know that we are not our fathers or when we become fathers, we are not our sons. There is a possession of that sort when it acknowledges the one to the other as family; of the bloodline. but not as being one and the same person.

If they were One Person, then there can be no separate will, and yet Jesus said in His prayer to the Father; "not my will, but yours be done" when He had asked the Father to take the cup away from Him.

The time of Jesus appearing as the Bridegroom is something only the Father knows; not the Son. Same person? Sorry. Doesn't jive with the whole of scripture.

I did not miss your post. I just did not see them actually resolving "the diversity as separate titles but One Person" which in actuality is a lot like Oneness Pentecostal's beliefs as they believed that the name of the Father the Son & the Holy Ghost which is Jesus Christ is signifying a One Person God when in my belief that just means it is the name of God to call upon to be saved & be water baptized by.

Some believers actually do the water baptism that way as saying "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost" as they lay claim that is what Jesus had commanded and yet in the Book of Acts, in practice, water baptism was done in the name of Jesus Christ; not by saying "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost".

So that is how I see you misapplying His words when you believe Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are just titles, and I understand the reference in Isaiah as to why you would think that way between the Father & the Son, but I see it as referring the Son to the same deity that is the Father as the One God but Three Persons within that One God in keeping it in line with the rest of scripture.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no point for God to use references of that sort when we as mankind know that we are not our fathers or when we become fathers, we are not our sons. There is a possession of that sort when it acknowledges the one to the other as family; of the bloodline. but not as being one and the same person.
I'll answer that question in one scripture, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"
If they were One Person, then there can be no separate will, and yet Jesus said in His prayer to the Father; "not my will, but yours be done" when He had asked the Father to take the cup away from Him.
you keep missing the point, he is the Share. Another, of himself, in Flesh and he have a will . did you not hear, Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth" is not your TWO hands the one you?. why is one doing something the other don't know about?.... well.... see the point now?.
The time of Jesus appearing as the Bridegroom is something only the Father knows; not the Son. Same person? Sorry. Doesn't jive with the whole of scripture.
it's an act of the will, rev chapter answer this as well as Matthew 6:3 above. I did a post on this in his two fold return. I'll find it for you.
Some believers actually do the water baptism that way as saying "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost"
these are titles of the Personal name "JESUS". this answer also your question below,
So that is how I see you misapplying His words when you believe Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are just titles, and I understand the reference in Isaiah as to why you would think that way between the Father & the Son, but I see it as referring the Son to the same deity that is the Father as the One God but Three Persons within that One God in keeping it in line with the rest of scripture.
but I see it as referring the Son to the same deity that is the Father as the One God. STOP, this is correct, but instead of separate person(s), see TWO EQUALLY SHARED PERSON, meaning one. this is what I been trying to get you to see. please study the definition of G243 Allos. my source Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. "ANOTHER". G243 G2087 allos heteros. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another" of a different sort.

I hope you study these definitions.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To JesusIsFaithful, here is that answer "The time of Jesus appearing as the Bridegroom is something only the Father knows"
One of of the Major question concerning our Lord's deity, is his omniscient. "How come our Lord Jesus don't know his return date?". only the father knows. again the beauty of "diversity". the answer is in the "will" of God. God have a "will", a plan. and it is clearly seen in the Godly principle of Matthew 6:3. listen, "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". how can one do something themselves without knowing about it. your right hand, and left hand is a part of you. the answer, because you "will" it not to known. sound strange? NO, I have done it. when someone come to me in confidentiality, I will myself not to remember as to what have been said. Let’s see how God do it. scripture, Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more". see that? "and I (will) remember their sin no more". HOLD IT, how can almighty, all knowing God (the Father here) not remember? Answer, it's an act of the will. he wills "not" to remember. just as he said in Matthew 6:3b "let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth", "let" is an act of the will. so how do all of this relates to our Lord's not knowing his return date. answer, Revelation chapter 5. our Lord, Jesus is sitting on the throne. what happens? the Spirit, (the Father, the Holy Ghost), comes and takes the book out of his hand. which hand did he take the book out of?, the right hand. Remember Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". by the Father, (the Holy Spirit), taking the book out of his "RIGHT" hand he, the Lord Jesus, wills not to KNOW his return DATE. because the book contains all the information of what's the come. so, only the Father, (the Holy Spirit), knows because the father took the book out of his "RIGHT". by our Lord being in flesh and bone, and as mediator, he fulfills the DAVIDIC PROPHECY, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool". The until is written in the book that was in the Lord's right hand, with the seals unbroken. So the Lord Jesus statement is true, no one knows only he who took the book, and that’s the FATHER.
Another mystery cleared up, by knowing diversity.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll answer that question in one scripture, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"

I believe Malachi 2:10 is referring to Abraham.

Genesis 17:5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

you keep missing the point, he is the Share. Another, of himself, in Flesh and he have a will . did you not hear, Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth" is not your TWO hands the one you?. why is one doing something the other don't know about?.... well.... see the point now?.

Your point per your misapplication of the scripture.

it's an act of the will, rev chapter answer this as well as Matthew 6:3 above. I did a post on this in his two fold return. I'll find it for you.

these are titles of the Personal name "JESUS". this answer also your question below,

but I see it as referring the Son to the same deity that is the Father as the One God. STOP, this is correct, but instead of separate person(s), see TWO EQUALLY SHARED PERSON, meaning one.

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree as to how you are applying diversity to mean.

this is what I been trying to get you to see. please study the definition of G243 Allos. my source Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. "ANOTHER". G243 G2087 allos heteros. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another" of a different sort.

I hope you study these definitions.

We agree to disagree.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Malachi 2:10 is referring to Abraham.
see, I didn't give you all the scripture, only the first part, now all, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?". not all is including Adam onward. Abraham is just the Father of Faith. but we all was CREATED by the Lord Jesus. as you pointed, Genesis 17:5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

instead of arguing, just study my previous post, or go to the topic "the Godhead, Diversified Oneness" in the Theology section. thanks in advance.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States

ALL men were created in the image of God so like Jesus, I and my Father are ONE THING. Once you understand that that ONE THING ( Tree of Life ), then you will understand everything that is written in the Bible.