Did Jesus say He Was God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL men were created in the image of God so like Jesus, I and my Father are ONE THING
in order to have an image, one must have a source. now eldios give us the NAME of the Source, don't just say God, I want the PERSON name who the image is after. I'll be waiting for that answer.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
in order to have an image, one must have a source. now eldios give us the NAME of the Source, don't just say God, I want the PERSON name who the image is after. I'll be waiting for that answer.

It's called the Tree of Life and it's totally invisible to created men.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's called the Tree of Life and it's totally invisible to created men.
Not good enough, the NAME of the PERSON who is the source, .... please. for the Last time the NAME please.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for that post, may I ask you a question regarding this post. in Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour”. the LORD all caps, (the Father) say that he is the ONLY Saviour.
Is not the Lord Jesus the Saviour?. if so, and I believe that, then LORD all cap is the Son? Remember I is singular. Indicating one person. if there is three persons in the trinity as you say, why is the LORD is indicated as the Saviour and not the the one you call the son, or the second person.

Again, God is one. The name for God (YHWH) which is translated with upper case LORD in the Scriptures refers to the Triune God. So yes, God is one and he is our savior. In the OT, the Israelites were not given additional revelation of God regarding the Father, Son and Spirit. Thus, every reference to God, YHWH, or Elohim (when referencing the God of Israel) is discussing the one Triune God.

Again, Trinitarians are not polytheists. There is one God and it is natural for him to refer to himself as one or with the singular pronoun. Your argument is based on a faulty view of Trinitarian theology rather than the actual teaching itself.

Last edited:

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Not good enough, the NAME of the PERSON who is the source, .... please. for the Last time the NAME please.

I know you're waiting for me to say "Jesus" but that lie is only believed by those who believe Jesus is their Lord and Savior. My Lord and Savior is completely invisible and will always remain invisible to created men. The invisible source of life used visible people called servants ( prophets and saints ) to speak for it, the Lord and Savior of all created men who are also created within the invisible source of life.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
I know you're waiting for me to say "Jesus" but that lie is only believed by those who believe Jesus is their Lord and Savior. My Lord and Savior is completely invisible and will always remain invisible to created men. The invisible source of life used visible people called servants ( prophets and saints ) to speak for it, the Lord and Savior of all created men who are also created within the invisible source of life.
I challenge you on that.

#1. I don't want you to say nothing ................... but the truth.
#2. as for my Lord and Saviour, yes "Yeshua", in English "Jesus".
#3. man have seen GOD, the invisible you claim no man have see. let me give you a heads up.

this is my Lord and Saviour, Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. 24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. 25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory".
#4.this same one who dwells in the Light, Who only hath immortality, yes that one. 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

I challenge you on that.

#1. I don't want you to say nothing ................... but the truth.
#2. as for my Lord and Saviour, yes "Yeshua", in English "Jesus".
#3. man have seen GOD, the invisible you claim no man have see. let me give you a heads up.

this is my Lord and Saviour, Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. 24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. 25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory".
#4.this same one who dwells in the Light, Who only hath immortality, yes that one. 1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

The visible body named Jesus is not the Lord and Savior. However, the words he spoke were spirit and life from the Father who art in Heaven, the true Lord and Savior of all created men.

John 12
44: And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.
45: And he who sees me sees him who sent me.
46: I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48: He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

The Lord and Savior formed the visible bodies called the flesh of man. The chosen flesh of man named prophets and saints were used by our Father in Heaven to write and speak for Him.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord and Savior formed the visible bodies called the flesh of man. The chosen flesh of man named prophets and saints were used by our Father in Heaven to write and speak for Him.
ERROR, and false Statement. scripture, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

now that takes of the Flesh of God, now what about the Spirit, the person that invisible source of life. 1 John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life".

Now you said and I quote, "ALL men were created in the image of God so like Jesus, I and my Father are ONE THING. Once you understand that that ONE THING ( Tree of Life ), then you will understand everything that is written in the Bible".
let us show you that ONE PERSON who you ingorently calls a thing, and support all the scriptures we gave above. scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". to come is the "FIGURE". eldios do you know what figure means? answer "PERSON" just google "another word for figure". and that PERSON manifested in flesh, scripture, 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory". the angels hadn't even seen God........ (smile). but angels and men now did. scripture, John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God". yes GOD, he have a body now GLORIFIED. supportive scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". understand eldios John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him". see that word "hath" it a PAST tense designation, indicative of the time in which the statement was made. no man in the PAST see God. he only appeared, unto men. not "MANIFESTED" in person as Roman 5:14 states.

so your beliefs are in ERROR just as your STATEMENTS are false.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To eldios, let us give you some advice. study words, abd get the full meaning of them. for example, the word "figure" in Romans 5:14 it's a noun and not a verb. and another word for Figure as a noun is "PERSON" see no man "hath" seen God in the past (OT). please understand the difference between an "apperance" and a "manifestation".

understand, God made this statement in the OT, listen, Leviticus 26:12 "And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people". how can God WALK?, not in the idiom form but in the natural form. he already lives, and the Light that no man can approach is "knowledge".

Now, I'm not going to sit up here and say I know everything about God, if I do I'm a liar. no man can know everything about God. God have given gifts to EVERY MAN. there are some here who know some things I don't know. but I will keep my mouth shut and hear what they have to say and go a check it out. all of us have been given something of God, hence the reason why not to forsake the assembling of ourselves. for what one knows together with what another knows, we all now know more that what we knowed before without each other. so don't think you (one person) knows it all and the only prophet left, remember we have already warned you on that before with what Elijah said, about being the only one left. so with that good day see you after church.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
To eldios, let us give you some advice. study words, abd get the full meaning of them. for example, the word "figure" in Romans 5:14 it's a noun and not a verb. and another word for Figure as a noun is "PERSON" see no man "hath" seen God in the past (OT). please understand the difference between an "apperance" and a "manifestation".

understand, God made this statement in the OT, listen, Leviticus 26:12 "And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people". how can God WALK?, not in the idiom form but in the natural form. he already lives, and the Light that no man can approach is "knowledge".

Now, I'm not going to sit up here and say I know everything about God, if I do I'm a liar. no man can know everything about God. God have given gifts to EVERY MAN. there are some here who know some things I don't know. but I will keep my mouth shut and hear what they have to say and go a check it out. all of us have been given something of God, hence the reason why not to forsake the assembling of ourselves. for what one knows together with what another knows, we all now know more that what we knowed before without each other. so don't think you (one person) knows it all and the only prophet left, remember we have already warned you on that before with what Elijah said, about being the only one left. so with that good day see you after church.

Your advice comes from Satan and the beast. I only speak and write the words from Christ.

dattaswami8

Jun 10, 2017
Mumabi
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Your thoughts !
To a deserving devotee, Jesus told He and His father are one and the same. When Jesus saw a devotee who was slightly affected by jealousy and egoism, Jesus came down by one step saying that He was the son of the God. The word son is indicating that He is different from the God but the same spirit is present in both like the same blood in the father and the son. This means that He is different and smaller than the God but at the same time has the same essence. It is like the relationship between the mighty ocean and the tiny water drop. The father is major and the son is minor component. They resemble qualitatively but differ quantitatively. This is the visishta advaita of Ramanuja.

When Jesus met a devotee who is fully bacterialised by jealousy and egoism He told that He was the humble messenger of God. This is the Dvaita of Madhva. Therefore the human incarnation will declare its level based on the level of the receiver. Mohammad told that He is the messenger of the Lord. Thus there is a gradual degradation of spiritual obedience and the gradual growth of jealousy and egoism. Jesus stands as a transition bridge between the Advaita of Krishna and Dvaita of Mohammad.

Any deed is generated by the idea from brain and hence its corresponding fruits are also written here by God Brahma. The ratio of belief and disbelief on the human incarnation is also seen on the forehead of devotee and according to that ratio, the human incarnation speaks about itself in the same proportional ratio. If the ratio is 0:100, it speaks that it is only messenger of God (Dualism or Dvaita). If the ratio is 50:50, it speaks that it is son of God (special monism or Vishishta Advaita). If the ratio is 100:0, it speaks that it is God (Advaita or Monism). As per the receiving capacity of the receiver, the human incarnation expresses itself.

If you give spiritual knowledge higher than their eligibility, there will be violent reaction from their side. Jesus told that He and God (Father) are one and the same. This concept of human incarnation was revealed by Him to His close eligible devotees only. Unfortunately, this concept went to the ears of non-eligible devotees, who got Him crucified! Seeing this condition of the receiving society, the next Prophet Mohammad eradicated the concept of human incarnation. Swami Dayananda also eradicated not only this concept but also idol-worship seeing atrocities of false human incarnations and priests respectively. The seriousness of the time made them to take such extreme step. In normal condition, in which exploitations are absent, the true concepts must be protected. You can filter a false human incarnation very easily by analysis. In absence of exploitations by priests, idol worship develops theoretical devotion in the mind of devotee in preliminary stage.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thoughts !

I wonder how many more threads this forum will get asking the same question. Let me ask you some questions. Am I claiming to be God or of the God head if I came to you and claimed to be the alpha and omega, beginning and end, the first and the last, the creator of all things seen and unseen with the naked eye, who is before all things? Am I claiming to be God if I am claiming to be one with God the Father? Am I claiming to be God if I refer to myself as the I AM that revealed himself to Moses in the form of a burning bush? The Jews certainly thought so when he specifically called himself 'I AM'. Who else could 'I AM that I AM' be referring to? Was God your creator or not? Can anything but God who created you claim to atone for the sins of the world but him?

(John 8:54-59) "Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: {55} Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. {56} Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. {57} Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? {58} Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. {59} Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how many more threads this forum will get asking the same question. Let me ask you some questions. Am I claiming to be God or of the God head if I came to you and claimed to be the alpha and omega, beginning and end, the first and the last, the creator of all things seen and unseen with the naked eye, who is before all things? Am I claiming to be God if I am claiming to be one with God the Father? Am I claiming to be God if I refer to myself as the I AM that revealed himself to Moses in the form of a burning bush? The Jews certainly thought so when he specifically called himself 'I AM'. Who else could 'I AM that I AM' be referring to? Was God your creator or not? Can anything but God who created you claim to atone for the sins of the world but him?
that's what people can't see, it's a person problem. and you gave a clear example of this veil over people eyes. they still can't see only one PERSON. that's the problem for so many topic of the same.

Reactions: Dcopymope

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simple really, Salvation is through Christ alone, if Jesus was God than salavtion would be through God as well, but all authority was Given to Jesus.Any one who HAs being with God and Jesus in the spirit would tell you they are two separate"people" if you must put it that way, in fact a friend of mine who stood before God told me that at one time that she was inside JEsus , like He surrounded Her, and that would be undestandable because it is by His reightousness we can stand before God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple really, Salvation is through Christ alone, if Jesus was God than salavtion would be through God as well, but all authority was Given to Jesus.Any one who HAs being with God and Jesus in the spirit would tell you they are two separate"people" if you must put it that way, in fact a friend of mine who stood before God told me that at one time that she was inside JEsus , like He surrounded Her, and that would be undestandable because it is by His reightousness we can stand before God.
GINOLJC, if they are separate, God = Father, and the Lord Jesus, then Isaiah 35:4 is in ERROR then "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God (father) will come with vengeance, even God (father) with a recompence; he will come and save you". if one use God as father and separate from the Lord Jesus then Isaiah 35:4 must be in ERROR and we know that is not true. so this scripture must be reconciled.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Act_7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God

How does God stand nexr to God, God is teh father Jesus is teh son, we are supposed to be as Christ, Sons of God.

1Jn_5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1Co_8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

man the pedantics.

Joh_13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act_7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God

How does God stand nexr to God, God is teh father Jesus is teh son, we are supposed to be as Christ, Sons of God.
GINOLJC, to mjrhealth. first thanks for the reply. #1. the "right hand" of God is an anthropomorphic or symbolic terms used to indicate "power", meaning authority. #2. God do not physically have a right side. scripture, Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD". if he fills heaven and earth, where is his right side?. not there, remember he' a Spirit, (John 4:24a). I suggest U study up on anthropomorphic usage. #3 the Son of man is spirit, our brother Stephen was in the Spirit, as John was in Revelation, when he saw the vision , "full of the Holy Ghost". understand, the son of man came down from heaven, and when he was on earth he, at the same time, was in heaven, see (John 3:13). the Son of God came out of Mary. Son of Man, spirit, came from heaven. #4. standing vs sitting. a sitting priest work is finish, where he mediates in heaven. but standing, indicating his work as the comforter. as here with our brother Stephen. this shows the work of Christ in Spirit on earth.
1Jn_5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
the key word here is "these", and not "they". Father, Word, and the Holy Ghost are TITLES of the same person. understand if the scriptures would have said, "they instead of (these) three are one". then yes, it would indicate more than one person.
1Co_8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
did U see that conjunction there? "and" one Lord Jesus. the and connect the person before it with the person after it. now if you want proof. James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world". is this two persons or one?.

Joh_13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God
Good, as you said, man the pedantics, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

Now who is the FATHER? let's see, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace". yes, that son that was "given" is the EVERLASTING FATHER".
Diversity is the answer every time.