Did Jesus say He Was God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with you, but understand he body died because, well let the scripture for themselves. James 2:26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also". so when the spirit went and preached unto the spirits in prison. that body was dead. but he, the Lord Jesus, resurrected that body it was glorified. so the body died, but saw no corruption.
Yep But He gave up the spirit. He was marred like no other man on the earth so he was beaten like no other and never died, most would have died with the lashing. His body would have repaierd itself continually. They could not kill His body even

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep But He gave up the spirit
yes there was a reason for that, for the great work of redemption, see Isaiah chapter 59. starting with the DEAD, the spirits in prison (!Peter 3:19), and with the living Acts chapter 2. this was the whole purpose in dying, scripture, Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was marred like no other man on the earth so he was beaten like no other and never died
oh yes, he died, scripture, Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross". See in order for him to began salvation, he must "SEPARATE" from that body. because if he didn't he couldn't return as the Spirit of TRUTH, the comforter, not with BLOOD. why the forsaking?. to began redeeming, and giving gifts, scripture, Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.). do this sound familiar? it should, Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD". only the Spirit can.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". Isaiah. 9:6

Reactions: Sword

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". Isaiah. 9:6
ByGrace, you're 100% correct. that child, that son is God, the "EVERLASTING FATHER", the MIGHTY God "shared" or diversified in flesh as a man.

it's interesting, many topic, and many respondent is speaking "diversity" but without knowledge. they are allowing what they been taught instead of believing God's HOLY WORD. instead of separation try "sharing" of oneself, and one will see a difference. just think G243 allos, "the NUMERICAL DIFFERENCE".

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Your thoughts !

The body named Jesus was not God but the INVISIBLE Word of God that Jesus was used to testify to was his created existence where all men were created.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

Genesis 1
26: Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Isaiah 40
6: A voice says, "Cry!" And I said, "What shall I cry?" All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.
7: The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the LORD blows upon it; surely the people is grass.
8: The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever.

All men were created in the Word of God but all the visible flesh came from information called Satan and the beast known as the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil which will be destroyed on the day of the Lord.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body named Jesus was not God but the INVISIBLE Word of God that Jesus was used to testify to was his created existence where all men were created.
can you explain more on this, I'm not following as to what the point is.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
can you explain more on this, I'm not following as to what the point is.

The body of Jesus is NOT GOD. Jesus is the name of the body ( flesh of man ) that perishes like all the flesh of men do during this temporary generation. The Father who Jesus was speaking for is the Lord and Savior, not a human being named Jesus. The Father is the Word of God who is totally invisible to created men.

John 12
44: And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.
45: And he who sees me sees him who sent me.
46: I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48: He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

Jesus was speaking about the INVISIBLE Word of God when he said this;

John 10
25: Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness to me;
26: but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep.
27: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me;
28: and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
29: My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
30: I and the Father are one."

I can say the same exact thing now that I know how we're created. I and the Father are ONE.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where do you derive this information that "Abba did not put all of himself permanently into Yeshua..." Seems to me that the Bible says that Jesus was given the Spirit without limit and that he was in very nature God. God is spirit, you cant put "part of God" in something anymore than Solomon could have pleased both women by splitting their child in two for each of them to have a part. To have "part of God" is to be less-than-God...and ultimately not God. For one to be truly God, they must be absolute. You cant have a quality or part of God and be fully God. Again, to not be fully God is to not be God.

Your view is known as Modalism or Sabellianism. It has been discounted and rejected throughout church history. It is not consistent with the teaching of Christians throughout the Bible or the revelation of God found in the Scriptures.

Jesus is just One Person of the Triune God. The Father & Jesus was and are One, but only the Son of God had died on the cross; not the Triune God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is just One Person of the Triune God. The Father & Jesus was and are One, but only the Son of God had died on the cross; not the Triune God.
if the Lord Jesus & the one whom you call the Father are one as you said, how can only the son die if they are one. remember physical death is objective, concrete, and person is subjective abstract. so the dying have nothing do with person if they are "ONE" as you say. and if you go the concrete route as Worwood said, "God is spirit, you cant put "part of God" in something anymore than Solomon could have pleased both women by splitting their child in two for each of them to have a part. To have "part of God" is to be less-than-God...and ultimately not God. For one to be truly God, they must be absolute. You cant have a quality or part of God and be fully God. Again, to not be fully God is to not be God".

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if the Lord Jesus & the one whom you call the Father are one as you said, how can only the son die if they are one. remember physical death is objective, concrete, and person is subjective abstract. so the dying have nothing do with person if they are "ONE" as you say. and if you go the concrete route as Worwood said, "God is spirit, you cant put "part of God" in something anymore than Solomon could have pleased both women by splitting their child in two for each of them to have a part. To have "part of God" is to be less-than-God...and ultimately not God. For one to be truly God, they must be absolute. You cant have a quality or part of God and be fully God. Again, to not be fully God is to not be God".

Jesus testifying to the Father and He are One .. do not the verb use for plurality .. is just His reference to being of the One Triune God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus testifying to the Father and He are One .. do not the verb use for plurality .. is just His reference to being of the One Triune God.
are, is this in nature or person you choose, for you have my answer. either way you go, you fail. so take your pick.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok let's end the tic for tat. if it's person then it's the same person, if nature, then no separation or part and what you said about the son dying is in error. so separation in person is in ERROR as well as nature. ,

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are, is this in nature or person you choose, for you have my answer. either way you go, you fail. so take your pick.

I will always fail if the Lord is not ministering.

Not all of God as the Triune God had died on the cross for our sins. Only the Son of God had died on the cross for our sins. It took at least TWO Divine Witnesses of the Triune God to raise the Son up from the dead.

It is not on me to open your eyes to the truth in His words that 1 John 5:7 testifies to three Witnesses in Heaven in the KJV as complete scripture.

Jul 6, 2011
Jesus basically did say that He is God, but not with the phrase "I am God". For example He did say "before Abraham was born, I AM", He acknowledged Peter who professed He is the Son of the Living God, and He said the "Father and I are one" and "if you have seen me you have seen the Father "
Even the demons knew it, "what do you want with us, Son of God?" How then that even demons know it but many people dont.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not on me to open your eyes to the truth in His words that 1 John 5:7 testifies to three Witnesses in Heaven in the KJV as complete scripture.
I started not to answer this or address it, but some are still in ignorance. 1 John 5:7 let's read it and let the scriptures tells us that it's not three person, listen. 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". did you see the bold and underline, "these". Father, Word, and Holy Ghost are TITLES. listen "these" not "THEY" are one which would indicate PERSONS. these identify the titles of the one and only true God Jesus /Yeshua, "WHO" is Lord, meaning God. so you should try another scripture.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:56 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am”.

two things to note: #1. Lord Jesus said, “Your father Abraham”. why did he not say our father Abraham?. was not Abraham listed in his, genealogy?. Matthew 1:1 "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham”. because he was before any flesh. and he did not emanate from any worldly flesh.

SECOND: our Lord Jesus said, “I AM”. lets back up a little and get the full revelation of Lord Jesus use of “I AM”. John 8:21 "Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. STOP, scripture, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". I A M HE is the LORD in Isaiah, but lets continue. verse 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning”. they asked, “Who art thou?”. here is a direct question to our Lord, as to his identity. and he answers them directly. “And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning”. what beginning?, Genesis?, NO. how about John 8:12, again here our Lord defines the beginning. beginning, meaning the first time he spoke unto THEM. THEM WHO?. The scribes and the Pharisees. the beginning is the conversation he had with them. when he talked to them concerning a woman taken in adultery. But notice in verse 12a he said, “I am the light of the world”. now lets see who is the Light of the World. John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men”. John witness to the LIGHT, John 1:8 "He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world”. how clearer can one get.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, and that is the mystery of the Trinity Christians have argued for throughout history. While Jesus is a person of the Trinity, he is fully God. He is not part of God. He is fully God in every way, yet one person of the Trinity. We are not polytheists, we do not believe in three separate gods comprising an ultimate God. There is one God comprised of three personas.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would also add, trying to parse out Jesus as merely a human being containing a Spirit of God is nonsense. Jesus was God made flesh. He is the second person of the Trinity made in the image and likeness of man. He had the Holy Spirit, just as Christians do. He was not merely a man with a divine spirit. This is what the Gnostics argued and John goes to great lengths in the Gospel of John and in 1 John to refute this kind of heresy. Jesus was a man with no earthly father who was born by the power of God and was God incarnate. To argue that Jesus merely had God in him is to make the heretical kind of leap I have already seen one person on here make that suggests that they are one with the Father in the same way Jesus was. Again, Jesus was not the Word in flesh, he was the Word made flesh. That which was from the beginning dwelt among us....John saw it and testified to it and his testimony is true (cf. 1 John 1:1-3).