Did Jesus say He Was God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
This is what happens when people wont take things to God.

Jesus is Gods word come in teh flesh. What is Gods word.??

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. and a bit more from Jesus Himself

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Gods word is Spirit,this bit

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

See Gods word was always with Him from teh very beginning, thats why Jesus could proclaim, Before Abraham was. I am. Because He was , He was still spirit, a part of God that when spoken creates. When Mary accepted what teh Angel spoke, Jesus was conceived just as the Angel had said, teh spirit of God has now created life, just as it says, in Marys womb, that Creation now the son of God, is called ,Yeshua, Jesus. He is just as teh bible says, Gods word come in the flesh, the spirirt of God in the flesh of a man. Only something God could ever do. isnt he marvelous.
Jesus is/was not a "part of God." He is God. He is a person of the Triune God. He had and has a personality that existed in fellowship with God from the beginning. The Father and Son can only fellowship if they are both distinct persons. One does not fellowship with merely their voice or a "part" of themselves.

Reactions: Helen and Questor

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. not saying that anyone is right or wrong, but if one would read Genesis to Malachi it is the Lord Jesus himself speaking all the time, who is by the way, God almighty, without flesh, without bone, and without blood, Spirit. when the Lord Jesus, God almighty diversified himself, or came in flesh and bone, with blood, he said the following. “for thus it is written by the prophet”, or “It is written”. written by the prophets?, question, “when and how was it written?”. answer,
1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I would like you all to examine these two verses above. the Spirit of Christ, and notice the Spirit here is capitalize, indicating GOD, for God is a Spirit (John 4:24a) yes capital “S” in Spirit. and the Lord Jesus says “a” Spirit indicating ONE Spirit. now this (S)pirit which is Christ where was he when the prophet was inspired to write?. answer, he was in, in, in, the prophet, read 1 Peter 1:11 above again. now if the Spirit of Christ was in the prophet then it is God, the LORD all cap, who was in them. a because the prophets was inspired. b. the word of God came to them to inspire them to write. if one would examine the old testament prophets each one will have something to this effect in their books. “the WORD of the LORD came unto me saying”, or similar language. and we know that the Word is God, (John 1:1).

now what have I said so far?. a. there is one God. b. that one God is one person. c. this one God, one person, when he came into the world, he manifested himself by sharing himself in flesh and bone is called “DIVERSITY”. diversified, meaning he’s a share, or G243 allos, of himself in flesh and bone.

so the Lord Jesus been saying that he is God all the time in the O.T. as well as the N.T. let’s make it plain, when the Lord Jesus makes the statement “It is written”, or “for thus it is written by the prophet” who spoke in order for the prophet to write? God/who is Jesus, without flesh without bone, and without blood.

conclusion: God is a share, or diversity of himself. and this is supportive by O.T scripture, and N.T scriptures.

Reactions: Questor

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus clearly said I am. Therefore cliaming His stateus as God. SO He did say I am God.

Reactions: Questor

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. not saying that anyone is right or wrong, but if one would read Genesis to Malachi it is the Lord Jesus himself speaking all the time, who is by the way, God almighty, without flesh, without bone, and without blood, Spirit. when the Lord Jesus, God almighty diversified himself, or came in flesh and bone, with blood, he said the following. “for thus it is written by the prophet”, or “It is written”. written by the prophets?, question, “when and how was it written?”. answer,
1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I would like you all to examine these two verses above. the Spirit of Christ, and notice the Spirit here is capitalize, indicating GOD, for God is a Spirit (John 4:24a) yes capital “S” in Spirit. and the Lord Jesus says “a” Spirit indicating ONE Spirit. now this (S)pirit which is Christ where was he when the prophet was inspired to write?. answer, he was in, in, in, the prophet, read 1 Peter 1:11 above again. now if the Spirit of Christ was in the prophet then it is God, the LORD all cap, who was in them. a because the prophets was inspired. b. the word of God came to them to inspire them to write. if one would examine the old testament prophets each one will have something to this effect in their books. “the WORD of the LORD came unto me saying”, or similar language. and we know that the Word is God, (John 1:1).

now what have I said so far?. a. there is one God. b. that one God is one person. c. this one God, one person, when he came into the world, he manifested himself by sharing himself in flesh and bone is called “DIVERSITY”. diversified, meaning he’s a share, or G243 allos, of himself in flesh and bone.

so the Lord Jesus been saying that he is God all the time in the O.T. as well as the N.T. let’s make it plain, when the Lord Jesus makes the statement “It is written”, or “for thus it is written by the prophet” who spoke in order for the prophet to write? God/who is Jesus, without flesh without bone, and without blood.

conclusion: God is a share, or diversity of himself. and this is supportive by O.T scripture, and N.T scriptures.

Alas, it is the interpreter's that are putting emphasis on the words by capitalizing them, according to their ideas of who is saying what to whom about anything. In the original language there are no capitals.

I agree that Abba is in Yeshua as a soul is inside of flesh, even as the Holy Spirit was in Yeshua as spirit, and that they are one being. Until Constantine demanded an official description of the paradox of G-d inside and outside of our reality, no one even worried about who was what person...the incarnation of G-d as a human being particularly designed for occupation in a virgin's DNA plus a Holy Spirit engendered Y chromosone made that plain to the Jews of the 1st Century, although they did not understand the science...they simply knew G-d could engender conception as he chose to.

The Jews were always aware of haShem occupying the Mishkan...the tabernacle or the tent of meeting, and Yeshua was just a flesh version. It took idolatrous polythiestic pagans to come up with the idea of G-d needing a particular name and description for his every action and appearance.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Jesus is/was not a "part of God." He is God. He is a person of the Triune God. He had and has a personality that existed in fellowship with God from the beginning. The Father and Son can only fellowship if they are both distinct persons. One does not fellowship with merely their voice or a "part" of themselves.

Actually, when you are G-d, you can talk to yourself, particularly if you are in two different space time continuims, and while in one of them, Heaven, or haShamayim you are all of G-d over all of every time in both space time continuims, and while at the same time focusing part of your being into a human body that is bound into a particular place in the physical, earthly haAretz space time continuim. However, you are as Yeshua, consulting with that overarching part of G-dself that exists separately elsewhere. Abba did not put all of himself permanently into Yeshua...he only put part of himself.

From Yeshua's point of view, he was talking to the entire person that he was when in that other place, Heaven. So, was he communing with himself? To be sure, but Yeshua knew he did not have all of his own experience, power and personality in his puny human frame. Yeshua is such a very small part of his heavenly self, and when speaking from inside this reality to all of himself outside of that reality, there is a communion...perhaps you might even call it a meshing of the two into one, and with the Ruach ha Kodesh, three.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Retrobyter said:

Shalom, blessedhope.

Not precisely; He said He WAS God, "WAS" being the operative word! However, at best, He was called "the SON of God" during His lifetime. He always called Himself "the Son of MAN," a Hebraism (ha-ben adam) meaning "the Son of Adam," "the true Human."

As "Jesus," He was always human (and will remain the true Human for eternity). As the "Word," He WAS God. It's really not that difficult; it's just being honest with the fact that AS A HUMAN BEING, He now has LIMITATIONS! He is now the Go-Between for us! "The Mediator between God and man!" He is no longer fully God, BUT, He is the SON of God. And, as such, He is God's REPRESENTATIVE, God's KING, God's SON! It's really just a matter of PERSPECTIVE:

GO Retro! Exactly!

See, you look up to God and see the Son next to the Father with the Holy Spirit of God within you. So, you see/sense the "Trinity." I'm looking at the relationships from the SIDE. I see the Father HIGHER THAN the Son and COMPLETELY HOLY AND APART from humanity, but the Son at the APEX of a solid triangle (or "solid upside-down ice cream cone") representing all the myriad relationships of humanity below the Son to the Son, with the Holy Spirit of God engulfing those who are His own. ALL those who are His PRAY to the Father THROUGH the Mediator, the Son! We pray IN THE NAME or ON THE AUTHORITY of the Son, Yeshua` the Messiah! We ask what we desire with His permission and as though we were the Son, and God grants His answers back to us as though we were His Son, and we ARE sons (and daughters) of God in and through the SON!

And thus praying through a part of G-d to the overarching fullness of G-d

Now, see how this all makes sense within these verses:
Matthew 28:18-20
Ephesians 1:15-23

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought (worked) in Christ (the Messiah), when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places (Greek: epouraniois = "in above the skies," i.e. "in the New Jerusalem"; see Hebrews 12:22),

21 Far above (LITERALLY) all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world (Greek: en too aiooni toutoo = "in the age this-one"), but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
KJV
Philippians 2:5-11

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus (the Messiah Yeshua`):
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God (the Father) also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name (an authority; a right; a privilege) which is above every name (authority; right; privilege):
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

KJV

By the way, the word meaning "to worship" (Greek: proskuneoo) means "to BEND THE KNEE to"; "to FALL PROSTRATE before." It most assuredly does NOT mean to stand there with your hands raised and your eyes closed or looking longingly at the rafters, swaying back and forth, like you were in some sort of trance of euphoria!...
The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
KJV

Again, remember: the focus of this next passage is on the Resurrections.
1 Corinthians 15:20-28

20 But now is Christ (the Messiah) risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ (in the Messiah) shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: (Resurrection 0) Christ the firstfruits; afterward (Resurrection 1, the resurrection of life) they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 (Resurrection 2, a general resurrection which includes the resurrection of damnation) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God (the Father) may be all in all.
KJV
Revelation 20:4-15

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This (verse 4) is the first resurrection (the resurrection of life).
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God (second resurrection, which includes the resurrection of damnation); and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

Understand my point of view?

I do, indeed! Missed you Bro!

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool". thank God for capitalization. I really know that the LORD is God without flesh, and without bone. and the Same God diversified/shared in flesh and bone is the Lord. the LORD is the Lord shared in flesh.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. since we know now that it was the Lord Jesus who spoke in the O.T. let's look at some direct statements that he spoke in the O.T. and directly spoke in the N.T.

Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". this is the LORD speaking. now this, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". how plain can one get.

now just one more, well several because you can do the math. scripture, Revelation 2:1 "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;". this is the Lord Jesus speaking to the church of Ephesus, right..... right. now these, Revelation 2:8 "And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;". Revelation 2:12 "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;". Revelation 2:18 "And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;". Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead". Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;". and the last one, Revelation 3:14 "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"

I don't believe that anyone could not say this is not the Lord Jesus addressing these churches. but
notice how all these opening to every church ends the same way. listen, Revelation 3:22 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". he said "the Spirit". now my question, how many "Spirits" are there? answer, 1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him". HOLD THE PRESS. is not the Lord Jesus speaking to the 7 churches? yes, but why did he, the Lord Jesus say, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". and this same Jesus said, "God is a Spirit". can the Lord Jesus Lie?. what's your thoughts on this.

next time, John 17:3, and the book of Acts and we will see Jesus say I'm God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. before I post, understand I’m not attacking anyone’s beliefs, but consider what I post.
John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”. the keyword here is the conjunction “AND”. many trinitarian use the Granville Sharp rule here to justify a second person of a trinity. but I say no. it shows and justify the same PERSON diversified, which I will propose later. but here in this verse as well as in Titus 2:10 for an example the conjunction “AND” do not signify a second person in the Godhead, but shows the SAME PERSON in the Godhead only diversified. let the scripture speak. for those who reject the conjunction “AND” as to proof of another (Entity), or as I believe the same Person, here’s the proof, let the scriptures speak. 1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him”. many say this very clearly define the Father as God, but please note the conjunction "and" that is bold above. please look at that verse again. now this, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world”. here we have God “AND” the Father, see the difference in reference to 1 Corinthians 8:6. for if one accepts the conjunction “AND” as a separator from God and the Lord Jesus the Christ in 1 Corinthians 8:6, then one would have to accept the conjunction “AND” as a separator in James 1:27 from God and Father. if so then we ALL would have a problem.

understand, the AND in both scripture must be speaking of the same PERSON, and not Person(s) as in two. for if one think that the “AND” include two separate person and one nature, then one have a bigger problem. for God is “A” Spirit. now if you try to separate the Spirit then one have division, and that’s anti bible. but what's the truth? if one believe that God is the SHARE, or the diversity of himself as G243 allos, which is our English word “ANOTHER” states, then one must conclude it’s only ONE PERSON shared “OF” himself. this is the key to the dilemma “OF” himself. let’s look up the definition of G243 allos. my source Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, and it states, “Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort”. THERE IT IS not two persons, but one person share or “NUMERICALLY” diversified of oneself. note G243 allos states a. “a numerical difference”, STOP, what do this term really means, answer, DIFFERENTIATION. but also G243 states, b.”the SAME…. SORT. sort here means nature, 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. 2. character, quality, or nature. read those definitions again which is the core of my belief, Diversified Oneness.

Just what am I say here. one PERSON (Spirit/God) Shared/diversified in Flesh and bone. the apostle Thomas expressed it correctly, My Lord and, and, and, my GOD (John 20:28). what is John saying here, God “shared/Diversified” in flesh as a man, which is his image that was to come. supportive scripture, Genesis 1:26a "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness”. what is God image? answer MAN. if one look up the word “Adam” one will notice that the KJV can translate the word Adam as “ANOTHER” just as G243 allos say the Lord Jesus is, a numerical difference. just as Eve is another/Adam of the man himself, a numerical difference, "of" the same sort/nature. this is the IMAGE that was to come, "ANOTHER of the same sort, just as the scripture states. listen, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come”. that “Figure” to come is “ANOTHER” of God, or the LAST ADAM. this is the IMAGE of God, "ANOTHER" of himself in flesh and bone. scripture, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us". how is God "with" us? answer in flesh and bone as we are, that's how.

conclusion: the Lord Jesus the Christ is the “ANOTHER” of God in Flesh and bone. and this another, which means, he’s the EQUAL SHARE of the Spirit/God in Flesh and Bone as Philippians 2:6, 7, and 8 states.

a re-reading of this post might be necessary to understand “diversified Oneness”. be blessed.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did answer that He was God which was why He was ordered to be put to death by the high priest.

Matthew 26:63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.66 What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had said this earlier before His trial.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.30 I and my Father are one.31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Before that incident is yet another one where He was almost stoned for claiming to be God.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

So there is no mistaking the meaning of His words to the Jews; they just did not believe He was God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s up the ante a bit in the Lord Jesus saying that HE IS GOD, the only true God. John 14:16-18 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you”.

3 clear thing to understand in these verses. a. Another “Comforter”. b. for he dwelleth with you. and 3. be in you.
all three, the Lord is speaking of himself. a. another Comforter?. another word for comforter is “advocate”. scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. definition time.
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
KJV: advocate, comforter

so an Advocate is a comforter as clear as 1 John 2:1 can get, “Jesus Christ the righteous”. notice in John 14:18 “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you”. who did the Lord Jesus come to? answer his disciples. when?, on the day of Pentecost. how do we know this? answer by the statement our Lord gave and from the question by Judas, not Iscariot, who asked. listen, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him”. now the the question, from Judas, not Iscariot. John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?” answer, the Lord Jesus manifested himself in the Spiritual Gifts on the day of Pentecost. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal”. and one of these manifestation of the Spirit is speaking in other tongues. scripture, Acts 2:1-4 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”. this is the manifestation that the Lord Jesus spoke of that “HE” will do. the Lord Jesus is the Spirit. remember the 7 churches. who spoke to them? answer, the Spirit, who is Christ. scripture. Revelation 2:7a "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches”. hear what “the Spirit” saith unto the churches. but was it not the Lord Jesus who address each church.

Conclusion: the Lord JESUS is the Spirit, whom we call the HOLY SPIRIT. there is only one PERSON in the Godhead and that ONE PERSON is the HOLY SPIRIT. and yes, the Holy Spirit, shared/diversified himself in flesh and bone to be the son. which leads us to b. "for he dwelleth with you". the Lord Jesus just told his disciples he this comforter dwelleth with them, supportive scripture, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth". so when the Lord Jesus says, “ he that hath seen me hath seen the Father”. how true can one get. for God was dwelling with them, he pitched his tent with man. then the Lord Jesus say I will come to you, and be IN, IN, IN you. again, Acts 2:1-4 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance". when the Lord Jesus said that he would come and MANIFEST himself to them as "ANOTHER" comforter, he just said that he is GOD.

a re-reading of this post might be necessary to get the full meat.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, when you are G-d, you can talk to yourself, particularly if you are in two different space time continuims, and while in one of them, Heaven, or haShamayim you are all of G-d over all of every time in both space time continuims, and while at the same time focusing part of your being into a human body that is bound into a particular place in the physical, earthly haAretz space time continuim. However, you are as Yeshua, consulting with that overarching part of G-dself that exists separately elsewhere. Abba did not put all of himself permanently into Yeshua...he only put part of himself.

From Yeshua's point of view, he was talking to the entire person that he was when in that other place, Heaven. So, was he communing with himself? To be sure, but Yeshua knew he did not have all of his own experience, power and personality in his puny human frame. Yeshua is such a very small part of his heavenly self, and when speaking from inside this reality to all of himself outside of that reality, there is a communion...perhaps you might even call it a meshing of the two into one, and with the Ruach ha Kodesh, three.

You said "When you are God, you can talk to yourself..."

And you know this, how?

And where do you derive this information that "Abba did not put all of himself permanently into Yeshua..." Seems to me that the Bible says that Jesus was given the Spirit without limit and that he was in very nature God. God is spirit, you cant put "part of God" in something anymore than Solomon could have pleased both women by splitting their child in two for each of them to have a part. To have "part of God" is to be less-than-God...and ultimately not God. For one to be truly God, they must be absolute. You cant have a quality or part of God and be fully God. Again, to not be fully God is to not be God.

Your view is known as Modalism or Sabellianism. It has been discounted and rejected throughout church history. It is not consistent with the teaching of Christians throughout the Bible or the revelation of God found in the Scriptures.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Finally He died.
Jesus never died. That is totally wrong He laid down His life death could not take Him. He was Holy and sinless its sin the brings death. Jesus never died as you say here

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed - Jesus was in constant communication with His Father and did only what His Father wanted (He did not heal everyone, for example, at the Pool of Bethesda). But when He healed, He healed by His own power, whereas the most we ordinary mortals can do is ask for God to heal.
Similarly, when we exorcise demons we have to do so "in the name of Jesus" - we have no authority of our own, only a derived authority. But Jesus needed no such formulae; His word was effective on its own.
I asked God to heal many many times in tghe way you are saying here and He healed NONE ever. Not for me and not for anyone in the church I was in. Since I left that church I have seen almost 70 people healed at my hand and I never asked God to do anything. why is that deborah? What do you think the difference is? I am not an ordinary mortal you may well be. I am a son of God I am a joint aire with Christ I am holy I am sanctified. I am justified and am no ordinary mortal. As you say. No we have the full authority of Jesus to lay hands on the sick and cast out demons.
Retrobyter
Quoted the verse earlier.
We dont even need to say in Jesus name. You might choke on this I am fully aware. But when you are walkimng in a realationship with God and know who you are in Christ you also will not need to mention Jesus name.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "When you are God, you can talk to yourself..."

And you know this, how?
GINOLJC, May I ask how do we talk to ourselves, (and we do). but to God who is omnipresent and timeless, all time is one time to him.
and, Sword is correct
Jesus never died. That is totally wrong He laid down His life death could not take Him. He was Holy and sinless its sin the brings death. Jesus never died as you say here
this is true, he only gave his NATURAL, life. (blood) which he took on for sin.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, May I ask how do we talk to ourselves, (and we do). but to God who is omnipresent and timeless, all time is one time to him.
and, Sword is correct

this is true, he only gave his NATURAL, life. (blood) which he took on for sin.
I am actully saying They could not even kill His body as He was sinless. He had to lay down His life NO man takes my life from me I freely lay it down.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am actully saying They could not even kill His body as He was sinless. He had to lay down His life NO man takes my life from me I freely lay it down.
I agree with you, but understand he body died because, well let the scripture for themselves. James 2:26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also". so when the spirit went and preached unto the spirits in prison. that body was dead. but he, the Lord Jesus, resurrected that body it was glorified. so the body died, but saw no corruption.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where do you derive this information that "Abba did not put all of himself permanently into Yeshua..." Seems to me that the Bible says that Jesus was given the Spirit without limit and that he was in very nature God. God is spirit, you cant put "part of God" in something anymore than Solomon could have pleased both women by splitting their child in two for each of them to have a part. To have "part of God" is to be less-than-God...and ultimately not God. For one to be truly God, they must be absolute. You cant have a quality or part of God and be fully God. Again, to not be fully God is to not be God.
I want to thank Wormwood for this post, he said, "God is spirit, you cant put "part of God" in something anymore than Solomon could have pleased both women by splitting their child in two for each of them to have a part. To have "part of God" is to be less-than-God...and ultimately not God". if something is parted, then one have a separation, and if one say the son is a separate part "of" God then as Wormwood said, "To have part of God is to be less-than-God".