Did she say something wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. Acts 16:17

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She, (or more accurately, the spirit of divination within her) was guilty of annoying the Apostle Paul (Acts 16:18).

Did the demoniac in Mark 5:7/Luke 8:28 say something wrong when he publicly recognized Jesus as the Son of the Most High God?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
She, (or more accurately, the spirit of divination within her) was guilty of annoying the Apostle Paul (Acts 16:18).

Did the demoniac in Mark 5:7/Luke 8:28 say something wrong when he publicly recognized Jesus as the Son of the Most High God?
Why would the spirit of divination say the things that this woman said? Was there error in what was being said?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the spirit of divination say the things that this woman said? Was there error in what was being said?
Interesting question. What she/it said was true - but it was not in the best interests of the spirit to say it out loud. Nor was it in the best interests in the Gadarene legion to say what they said. Though I would say the girl and the Gadarene man were far, far better off being free from such entities. God is merciful.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. Acts 16:17
I see nothing wrong with the verse, though I am taking it out of context.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus always rebuked evil spirits and told them to be quiet and come out of the people.
What they say eventually is not good things, they will deceive and distort the message, just as the false prophets spoke and the false teachers teach what to some sound like good words at first.

It allowed to continue speaking over time, perhaps she would lead the people to a false Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hi qt, i am a servant of the Most High, and i am here to help save you!
which kinda comes out a little more in some other translations maybe? That what she was saying might be more like accusatory
Acts 16:17 Parallel: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hi qt, i am a servant of the Most High, and i am here to help save you!
which kinda comes out a little more in some other translations maybe? That what she was saying might be more like accusatory
Acts 16:17 Parallel: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
Paul discerned the decoy. The seemingly 'right' words and pious sentiment were used as a tricky distraction.
Are there similarities on these boards?....the endless debates about trivialities and irrelevancies all the while the boasting self testimony to ones own piety is primarily nothing more than stroking ones own ego.
Would this qualify as a spirit of divination?.....filling the available space with clutter and confusion.

Reactions: bbyrd009