Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is self-defeating and illogical.

Disagree, that Gods Word is dependent UPON the Logical MINDFUL thoughts and Logical MINDFUL acts of men.

Ex 31:
[18] And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
Deut.9
[10] And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

Without the "men who spoke, scribes who wrote, apostles who wrote, recorders who copied, men who bound books..." we would have no certain way of knowing which scriptures were authored by God and which scriptures were fake.

I am not Objecting to the multitude of men who spoke, scribes who wrote, apostles who wrote, recorders who copied, men who bound books...
My Objection is CATHOLICS appointing THEMSELVES the sole CREDIT for accumulative Works of numerous men, Jews and Gentiles.

The Bible is a fruit of the Church, a church did not pop out of a book.

Your thoughts, your speech of sarcasm, lends no credence to your point.

The relationship between the Church and the eventual canonizing of the holy books is not an incidental relationship, but a complementary one.

Your Wandering OFF POINT, is irrelevant.
The POINT is “WHO” is APPOINTING “THEMSELVES” accreditation.

But you have no evidence of arrogance.

( THREAD: “Church Council?”
( Post #10
( QUOTE: “only Catholics are capable of being Christian”

What's arrogant is denying Church Authority and at the same time accepting its authoritive canons of scripture.

* Interesting. Did you FORGET...the CATHOLIC West / East Schism?
* Interesting. Do you NOT SEE...CATHOLICS “posting” as THE Claim of the ONLY ONE TRUE Church?
* Interesting. Do you NOT SEE...CATHOLICS “posting” THEIR ONE TRUE (Catholic) Church, YET, NOT openly identifying, WHICH SIDE OF THE CATHOLIC “SCHISM”, “they STAND”?

No, it's not just arrogance, it's stupidity. We are constantly accused by anti-Catholics of the CC having no authority.

By your definition...IF you ARE Roman Catholic...aren’t you ANTI- Orthodox Catholic?
By your definition...IF you ARE Orthodox Catholic...aren’t you ANTI-Roman Catholic?
By your definition...IF you ARE Roman or Orthodox Catholic...aren’t you ANTI-Protestant?

Your supposed claim that EVERYONE “NOT” Catholic, IS-ANTI-Catholic,
IS ARROGANT on it’s FACE!

Catholic Claims, that CHRIST’S CHRUCH, IS “ONLY the CATHOLIC CHRUCH”,
IS ARROGANT on it’s FACE!

Your pretense, of “authority”, is ludicrous.
EVERY CHURCH “established IN CHRIST”,
regardless of WHAT it NAMES the building,
regardless of WHAT it NAMES it’s Organization,
regardless of WHAT it NAMES it’s members,
regardless of WHAT it CALLS it’s members...
IS established, AS “CHRIST’S CHURCH”!

The DISAGREEMENT among establish “Church ORGANIZATIONS”, proceeds forth, BY, THROUGH, OF...WHAT MEN IN AUTHORITATIVE POSITIONS OF “THAT CHURCH ORGANIZATION” decide, do, dictate IS acceptable Compliance TO BECOME, or REMAIN a “member” OF that particular “Church Organization”.

There are umpteen “posts” on this Forum, about Particular Church Organization....and YET....it is ONLY Catholics that WHINE, IF one does not AGREE WITH “THEM”, by default the Catholic whines...ANTI-CATHOLIC.....whaa, whaa.

The whaa, whaa, IS LAUGHABLE on it’s face.
Orthodox Catholics are anti-Roman Catholic.
Roman Catholics are anti-Orthodox Catholic.
Roman Catholics are anti-Protestants.
Orthodox Catholics are anti-Protestants.
LOL......WHO CARES who disagrees with whom?

Sure that is A HANDY Distraction...But the FACT remains...
No body gives a rip about your whining, poor me, Catholic.

The DISAGREEMENTS, are A CATHOLICS...arrogant CLAIMS...THAT:
* THEY are solely ACCREDITED FOR the NEW TESTAMENT.
* YET The VERY Compilation of the NEW TESTAMENT, they TAKE CREDIT FOR....IS Curiously MISSING...THE VERY THINGS THEY TEACH, and SAY IS Scriptural.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Illuminator ...

Have at it...”illuminate”...

The DISAGREEMENTS, are A CATHOLICS...arrogant CLAIMS...THAT:
* THEY are solely ACCREDITED FOR the NEW TESTAMENT.
* YET The VERY Compilation of the NEW TESTAMENT, they TAKE CREDIT FOR....IS Curiously MISSING...THE VERY THINGS THEY TEACH, and SAY IS Scriptural.

So, why not instead of whining and accusing...ACTUALLY VERIFY IN SCRIPTURE...the Things Catholics CLAIM?

DOES the NEW TESTAMENT SAY? YES or NO...IF YES, QUOTE the Scripture.
...IS Christ’s Church...ONLY, the Catholic Church?
...IF yes...WHICH Catholic Church...Roman or Orthodox?
...ARE Christians, ONLY those who claim to be CATHOLIC?
...Does Scripture Teach...Christ’s Church is called Catholic?
...DOES Scripture Teach...TO PRAY “TO” saints?
...DOES Scripture Teach...TO PRAY “TO” dead people?
...DOES Scripture Teach...TO BOW DOWN “BEFORE” statues?
...IF yes, WHAT Statues?
...DOES Scripture Teach...Mary was Naturally Born without sin?
...DOES Scripture Teach...Mary was a Forever Virgin?
...DOES Scripture Teach...Mary’s Body, is BODILY Alive, in Heaven?
...DOES Scripture Teach...Mary is the Queen OF Gods Heavenly Kingdom?
...DOES Scripture Teach...To Pray “TO” Mary?
...Do Catholics Teach...To Pray “TO” Mary?
...Do Catholics Teach....To Pray “repetitive” prayers ?

CAN YOU GIVE truthful answers, yes or no, and give verifying Scriptural to support for your answers?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not anti Catholic. Don't insult me.
An anti-Catholic is one who resorts to lying about the Cattholic Church to make their arguments.
You have LIED here - ergo, you're an anti-Catholic.
The English word pray according to the dictionary as you point out, means both entreat in a spiritual manner toward God, and ask in a secular manner of others. Now I would ask you to go to your biblical concordance and note the difference between the original word translated as pray, and the common word translated as ask. Let me help.
James 1:5 and James 5:14. There's a difference. Rattling off a whole heap of scripture without discernment is vain and nothing more than self aggrandizement.
WRONG.

It simpl means "ASK", "ENTREAT", "SUPPLICATE", "REQUEST", etc.
There is NO distinction between God and man.
"Pray" is leagal, juridical language that appears in police reports and cout documents that have NOTHING to do with God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now here we have another example of RCC distortion of Biblical truth.
Jesus did not speak with or address pagan practices at all.
That's an outright lie.
He openly stated that His ministry was to the lost sheep of Israel. He preached exclusively to Jews.

He taught the law and the prophets to Jews. When He sent out the 12 before Him, empowered to perform signs and to preach His kingdom gospel, He instructed them not to go into the way of the Gentiles, but to visit the villages or towns of Israel. He encountered a Samaritan woman and granted her request, but even then reaffirmed that His ministry was to the Jews. Even at His preparation for His last supper, his disciples brought Him news of some Greeks that wanted to speak with Him and He denied them because it was not yet their time. His ministry, and consequently His teaching was primarily for the Jews, not pagans, goyim, or Gentiles.

This nonsense is either your corruption or that of your church, but is a lie.
Ummmm, the ONLY liar here is YOU.

Jesus absolutely addressed the pagan practice of babbling many words
Matt. 6:7
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like PAGANS, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Don’t you EVER tire of being exposed?

And don’t think I didn’t notice that you failed address ANY f the verses I presented about FAITHFUL, repetitious prayer that is pleasing to God . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.

When I see BOL posting, I picture him bowing to his statues, fumbling with his trinkets and think of this Scripture...
Pss 59
[8] But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
I nearly fell backwards when i read this . THERE IS MUCH TRUTH IN IT .
I bet some folks probably have clay , plastic , wood or etc images upon their tables .
Probably picking them up and kissing them and praying for words to speak .
Visual this . A man goes into his room and before he event turns on his computer
he bows his head and kisses his idols and says HAIL MARY , HAIL the saints , GIVE ME POWER to overcome my enemies .
I bet some of these folks are kissing rosary beads and idols of images and saying GIVE ME As i need
to overcome these devils i speak against . OR words to that effect .
THEY CAN KISS their idols and pray to their saints and angels and mary .
AS FOR ME , I SHALL PRAY TO THE CREATOR OF ALL THROUGH CHRIST .
I DONT NEED images , I Dont need to pray to saints , to mary or to angels . I dont pray to the created for power
But rather to HE WHO CREATED ALL . These folks act as though GOD himself cant do what must do be done
lest he has idols to aide him . As for me , I say one thing and one thing do i say .
PRAY TO GOD IN CHRIST , PRAY TO GOD IN JESUS NAME . THAT IS ALL WE NEED .
GOD WILL MOVE angels and all on our behalf . I DONT NEED TO PRAY to the angels and all to have GOD move things .
THEY have no clue at all . Mary , peter and all the true apostels are gonna judge the CC
and find them guilty of trusting in men , NOT IN GOD .
THE CC dont even take serious that which MARY HERSELF once said long ago .
THEY PRAY TO MARY ,
yet even when the men asked mary , SHE SAID HEED MY SON .
MARY KNEW . SHE KNEW . SHE KNEW what most all have long forgotten . YOU NEED ONLY CHRIST . YOU NEED ONLY GOD .
Rather odd that even in the original scriptures we see neither the apostels nor mary recieving the roles given them today .
PETER entered into the house of cornelious , cornelious went to kneel before him
IF WE READ we notice peter did not rebuke cornelious cause his chair nor his ring were with him .
HE didnt say , HOLD UP cornelious , Wait till i be seated in a chair with a ring on my hand and then come
and kiss the ring . PETER simply said what i would have said , DONT KNEEL BEFORE ME
I AM but a man , WORSHIP GOD . THE CC is lost and has no idea its lost .
The protestant realm today is now as lost and has no idea its lost either .
TIME TO RETURN to the bibles and learn for ourselves .

Reactions: Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take back the medal thanks.

No.

Wrong. Not the same prayer. Straight out praise, as with the angels in heaven, and different points recorded each time as the the reason the Lord's mercy endures forever.

Even your beloved Jesuit Bible doesn't have a Daniel 3 with that many verses.

True. So long as they are not vain repetitions right? Remember? That was the point. And the vain part want because of the repetition itself...

... The "claim" I was making had nothing to do with repetition, it was the vain part I was referencing. One prayer could be vain, if it's to a dead person. And Mary, and all those people you pray to are dead. They are, unless scripture tells us otherwise, still in their graves awaiting the resurrection. There is no such thing as a disembodied spirit, soul, person. As Genesis declares, Adam became a living soul, when the breath of life, the spirit, was added to the body, animating the creature. Adam, without breath, is just a dead body. And it's going to take the same action on the part of Jesus, when He comes, to give back life to those who loved Him.
David saw that. Job saw that. Isaiah see that. So did Paul. And Jesus.
KJV John 6:39-40
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
The only medal that church and even most all sold out churches within the protestant realm , will give me
IS METAL . As in OFF with HIS HEAD we done with that man .
Of most all peoples i am the first most folks DO away with . BUT i pray only to GOD it will not be held to their blame .
MY love is for those who even hate me most . TIME TO GO BACK INTO BIBLES .
I have noticed through the years that most folks and most sites will continue to debate with even those who name call them ,
YET with me , AWAY with that man . I have given myself a high and worthy title as of now . I have said this title before
and now i procliam it before all . Before you , before all , call me FOD .
NOT to be confused with GOD . THAT IS MY HIGH and mighty title . FLEA OF DOG . LET GOD GET THE GLORY
even if all hate me . LET GOD be praised even if it costs me prison and hatred . SEE , By grace i know
I was saved BY GRACE ALONE GOD ALONE CHIRST ALONE . SO allow me my moment of boasting in me
MY NEW high and might title of men , CALL ME FOD . flea of dog . BUT IF YOU or anyone else ever callls
me most holy father , or reverand or master , or most holy reverand . YOU GETTING REBUKED as will anyone else
who dares utter such a thing against me . FOD . CHALK IT UP , WRITE IT DOWN , ETCH IT IN YOUR BRAIN .
I desire no titles of men , GIVE THE GLORY TO GOD . IF YOU EVER decide to head in the way of the CC
YOU ARE GETTING REBUKED FROM ME . IF YOU Ever see me headed in that direction , YOU BETTER ALL OUT REBUKE ME TOO . PEROID .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. Not the same prayer. Straight out praise, as with the angels in heaven, and different points recorded each time as the the reason the Lord's mercy endures forever.
WRONG.

To praise Gos IS to PRAY to Him.
There are prayers of Suplication, thanks and praise.

The Lord's Prayer includes ALL THREE.
Even your beloved Jesuit Bible doesn't have a Daniel 3 with that many verses.
The prayers are REPEATED - whether it's TWICE or 200 times.
True. So long as they are not vain repetitions right? Remember? That was the point. And the vain part want because of the repetition itself...
... The "claim" I was making had nothing to do with repetition, it was the vain part I was referencing. One prayer could be vain, if it's to a dead person. And Mary, and all those people you pray to are dead. They are, unless scripture tells us otherwise, still in their graves awaiting the resurrection. There is no such thing as a disembodied spirit, soul, person. As Genesis declares, Adam became a living soul, when the breath of life, the spirit, was added to the body, animating the creature. Adam, without breath, is just a dead body. And it's going to take the same action on the part of Jesus, when He comes, to give back life to those who loved Him.
David saw that. Job saw that. Isaiah see that. So did Paul. And Jesus.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Mark 12:27
"He is NOT God of the dead, but of the LIVING. You are quite wrong.”

It's like Jesus is speaking directly to YOU here . . .

If those who die are DEAD until they "wake up", like your false prophetess, E.G. White claimed - explain how Jesus conversed with Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration (Luke 9:29-36).
The passage YOU posted is about the BODILY Resurrection.

Your lack of faith is appalling . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the author of Scripture, men who spoke, scribes who wrote, apostles who wrote, recorders who copied, men who bound books...
Are all incidental.
Catholics scooting in on the tail end, binding books, and accrediting themselves, is arrogant.
Personally, I believe an Evangelical Protestant Organization called Gideons, having and continuing to distribute billions of Bibles, free of charge, world wide supersede all your arrogant back patting.
The "Tail end"??
Thanks for that evasive and idtioc claim.

FIRST century Bishoip, Ignatius of Antich, wrote about the CATHOLIC Church with its teachings on the Eucharist being the Body, Blood, Soull and Divinity pof Jesus Christ, obedience to the Church and clergy and other teachings more than TWO and a HALF CENTURIES before there evenb wasa a Canon of Scripture.

Your grasp of history is as pathetic as your understanding of Scripture . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Tail end"??
Thanks for that evasive and idtioc claim.

FIRST century Bishoip, Ignatius of Antich, wrote about the CATHOLIC Church with its teachings on the Eucharist being the Body, Blood, Soull and Divinity pof Jesus Christ, obedience to the Church and clergy and other teachings more than TWO and a HALF CENTURIES before there evenb wasa a Canon of Scripture.

Your grasp of history is as pathetic as your understanding of Scripture . . .

Pat on head you being the one and only ALL KNOWING HUMAN! :p

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pat on head you being the one and only ALL KNOWING HUMAN! :p
Folks seem to quickly forget that even IF he had said this , IT still goes against original doctrine .
STICK TO THE BIBLE and to the bible alone . The CC desires all souls to sit under it .
And will stop at nothing to ensure this is done .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - just a student of hstory and the truth . . .

Must be confusing for you to be just a student while promoting yourself as the all knowing forum teacher. LOL
I’m pretty confidant your station is mediocre student who draws laughter.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must be confusing for you to be just a student while promoting yourself as the all knowing forum teacher. LOL
I’m pretty confidant your station is mediocre student who draws laughter.
Whose history . that is the question . Just cause folks lived in the times right after the apostels dont mean error was not already present .
IT was present even in the days of the orignial apostels . ANYONE born of CHRIST who has been well planted in the truth of scripture
would not enter into the CC , and if they had they would come out . PEROID .
NO lamb can find comfort in that which is false . By grace i could find no comfort nor peace
in many places , EVEN WHEN i did not yet know as i do now . The reason i had no peace
was falsehoods abounded . Even when i did not yet know it was false .
ANY who is trapped in the CC , and yet later CHRIST openeth their eyes , LETS just say
they will begin to correct , and if the correction be no heeded , WELL THEY AINT GONNA STAY PLANTED IN SUCH A PLACE .
What starts with a B and ends with an E . I suggest all take to it and from any falsehood they would flee.
BIBLE . GET A SNORTFUL OF that drink . GUZZEL IT DOWN for GOD IS With the lambs and a stranger they will not heed .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The prayers are REPEATED - whether it's TWICE or 200 times.
You were schooled, taught, educated and exposed for whatever you were trying to achieve...54 verses in Daniel 3???... And your response is^^^^^^^???
If those who die are DEAD until they "wake up", like your false prophetess, E.G. White claimed - explain how Jesus conversed with Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration (Luke 9:29-36).
The passage YOU posted is about the BODILY Resurrection.
For someone who claims they "school' others you seem to be very lacking in biblical knowledge. The Bible itself explains how Elijah, Moses, (and Enoch) for to glory before anyone else. I will repeat the words of Jesus so you can argue with Him...

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whose history . that is the question . Just cause folks lived in the times right after the apostels dont mean error was not already present .
IT was present even in the days of the orignial apostels .
Error was readily identified by Paul and John, writing warnings against the Gnostics. The Church fought against Gnostics, Arians, Pelagians, Donatists, Albigensians and other heresies throughout her history.
ANYONE born of CHRIST who has been well planted in the truth of scripture
would not enter into the CC , and if they had they would come out . PEROID .
The Apostles didn't hand out Bibles. The "truth of scripture" was preserved by the CC, and brought into full bloom at the beginning of the 4th century, the full canon of scripture, as any encyclopedia will attest, as many Protestant reference manuals will attest. It's not Catholics that RUN from the hard facts of history.
NO lamb can find comfort in that which is false . By grace i could find no comfort nor peace
in many places , EVEN WHEN i did not yet know as i do now . The reason i had no peace
was falsehoods abounded . Even when i did not yet know it was false .
ANY who is trapped in the CC , and yet later CHRIST openeth their eyes , LETS just say
they will begin to correct , and if the correction be no heeded , WELL THEY AINT GONNA STAY PLANTED IN SUCH A PLACE .
What starts with a B and ends with an E . I suggest all take to it and from any falsehood they would flee.
BIBLE . GET A SNORTFUL OF that drink . GUZZEL IT DOWN for GOD IS With the lambs and a stranger they will not heed .
This is another one of your psychotic hate rants. You need to stop blaming the Church for your mental illness. Just because you found Jesus outside the walls of a church does not prove Jesus was never there in the first place. That's your ego talking.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - just a student of hstory and the truth . . .
Do you agree with this "hstory" (sic) and "truth" in regards Matthew 16:18?:

A study, done by a Roman Catholic, Archbishop Peter Richard Kenrick:

"... which was to be delivered to Vatican I (1870). However, it was never delivered, but it was published later, along with other insights.[5] He points out the 5 interpretations, which Fathers of antiquity held to: 1) Peter as the Rock, 17 Fathers, 2) all the apostles, 8 Fathers, 3) that the church was built on the faith that Peter confessed, 44 Fathers, including the most important Fathers, 4) Jesus as the Rock, 16 Fathers, and 5) all Christians were the living stones, held by very few Fathers. Kenrick rightfully concludes:

“If we are bound to follow the majority of the Fathers in this thing, then we are bound to hold for certain that the rock should be understood as the faith professed by Peter, not Peter professing the faith.”
Thus, only 20% of the Fathers held to Rome’s now canonized “infallible” “Petrine Rock” interpretation of Matthew 16:18. That is far from being the norm of the early church. As Roman Catholic apologist, H. Burn-Murdock admits: “None of the writings of the first two centuries describe St. Peter as a bishop of Rome.”[6] In fact, no one before Callistus (A.D. 223) used Matthew 16:18 to support the primacy of the Roman bishop (i.e., “Pope” as Rome call it)—no one.

The church historian, Eusebius of Caesarea (A.D. 263-339), sees the “rock” as Christ. He links this interpretation with the parallel rock and foundation statements of 1 Corinthians 3:11 and 10:4. Sharing this view (Christ as the Rock) was Augustine. In fact, he commented more on Matthew 16:18 than any other church Father. It is true that at the beginning of his ministry, he saw Peter as the Rock. However, he changed his position throughout the balance of his ministry in which he adopted the view that the Rock was not Peter, but either Christ or Peter’s confession, which pointed to the Person of Christ:

Christ, you see, built his Church not on a man but on Peter’s confession. What is Peter’s confession? ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ There’s the rock for you, there’s the foundation, there’s where the Church has been built, which the gates of the underworld cannot conquer (Sermons, XI, Sermon 229, 327).
What has been demonstrated over and over is that Roman Catholics do not engage in critical exegesis when interpreting Scripture, nor do they objectively examine the patristic (church Fathers) record, not because Catholics lack the ability, but because they do not need to—for Rome has already provided the “infallible” interpretation for them. Thus, for the Catholic: Rome’s interpretations are correct, because Rome says they are.

However, the following points seriously challenge Rome’s position of the so-called Primacy of Peter and him being the first Pope of Rome:

1) There is no biblical evidence indicating that Peter had supremacy over all the other apostles.

2) Peter never once considered that he was Pope, Pontiff; Vicar of Christ, Holy Father, or Head of the whole Christian Church, nor did any of the other apostles make such as claim.

3) Peter outwardly denied the Lord (out of fear) and Peter was rebuked by the Apostle Paul for being prejudice against the Gentiles (cf. Gal. 2:11-12).

4) At the first church council in Jerusalem (not Rome), it was James and not Peter who was the leading speaker and decision maker, for James authoritatively declared: “It is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles. . . .” (Acts 15:19). Moreover, the letter that was sent out regarding the judgment never mentions Peter (cf. v. 23).

5) At the end of Romans, Paul sends his greetings to at least 26 people—but Peter is not even mentioned! Why? Surely, if Peter had “recognized supremacy” over Rome and all the apostles, we would expect Paul to have greeted him first!

6) Peter was a married man, unlike the Roman Popes (cf, Matt. 8:14; 1 Cor. 9:5).
These are but a few of the many valid objections to Rome’s position. Simply, there is no place in the NT where Peter acted as “Pope,” or as the “supreme leader” or “head” of the apostles and the church. Quite the opposite is true. Paul says that the Christian church has “been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone” (Eph. 2:20). The Christian confession that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God is the very ROCK of faith upon which the Christian church has been built—and not upon the man Peter. ..." – (commenting on) Speech of Archbishop Kenrick, 109, An inside view of the vatican council, edited by Leonard Woolsey Bacon. - An Inside View of the Vatican Council, in the Speech of the Most Reverend Archbishop Kenrick, of St. Louis. Edited by L. W. Bacon, with Notes and Additional Documents, Etc

This was also mentioned by the Standish brothers:

“... the rule of biblical interpretation imposed upon us [by the Roman Catholic Church] is this: that the Scriptures are not to be interpreted contrary to the unanimous consent of the [early Christian] fathers. It is doubtful whether any instance of that unanimous consent is to be found. - Archbishop Kenrick (Peter Richard, 1806-1986), Inside View, 107

The archbishop stated that the early Christian fathers held diverse views upon the meaning of Matthew 16:18 -- The Rock (Ibid., 107-109). Here are some of the views of early Christians upon the meaning of this text:

1. The church was built upon Peter - Kenrick identified seventeen fathers including Origen, Cyprian, Jerome, Hillary, Cyril of Alexandria, Pope Leo the Great and Augustine who [early] held this view [but later dropped from view].

2. All the apostles -- eight fathers including Origen, Cyprian, Jerome, Augustine and Theodoric.

3. The faith which Peter professed -- forty-four fathers, including Gregory of Nyssa, Cyril of Alexandria, Chrysostom, Theophylact, Ambrose, Pope Leo the Great, Augustine.

4. Christ -- sixteen fathers. ...” - The Rapture and Antichrist, by Russel R. Standish, Colin D Standish, page 233 - The Rapture and the Antichrist - The Rapture and the Antichrist

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... FIRST century Bishoip, Ignatius of Antich, wrote about the CATHOLIC Church with its teachings on the Eucharist being the Body, Blood, Soull and Divinity pof Jesus Christ, obedience to the Church and clergy and other teachings more than TWO and a HALF CENTURIES before there evenb wasa a Canon of Scripture. ...
You mean the Ignatian forgeries (15 letters)? Many scholars, including Philip Schaff have made some very valid points in regards those so called (15) 'Ignatian letters':

From: Philip Schaff: Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. I, Introductory Note To The Epistle Of Ignatius To The Ephesians.

The epistles ascribed to Ignatius have given rise to more controversy than any other documents connected with the primitive Church. As is evident to every reader on the very first glance at these writings, they contain numerous statements which bear on points of ecclesiastical order that have long divided the Christian world; and a strong temptation has thus been felt to allow some amount of prepossession to enter into the discussion of their authenticity or spuriousness. At the same time, this question has furnished a noble field for the display of learning and acuteness, and has, in the various forms under which it has been debated, given rise to not a few works of the very highest ability and scholarship. We shall present such an outline of the controversy as may enable the reader to understand its position at the present day.

There are, in all, fifteen Epistles which bear the name of Ignatius. These are the following: One to the Virgin Mary, two to the Apostle John, one to Mary of Cassobelae, one to the Tarsians, one to the Antiochians, one to Hero, a deacon of Antioch, one to the Philippians; one to the Ephesians, one to the Magnesians, one to the Trallians, one to the Romans, one to the Philadelphians, one to the Smyrnaeans, and one to Polycarp. The first three exist only in Latin: all the rest are extant also in Greek.

It is now the universal opinion of critics, that the first eight of these professedly Ignatian letters are spurious. They bear in themselves indubitable proofs of being the production of a later age than that in which Ignatius lived. Neither Eusebius nor Jerome makes the least reference to them; and they are now by common consent set aside as forgeries, which were at various dates, and to serve special purposes, put forth under the name of the celebrated Bishop of Antioch.

But after the question has been thus simplified, it still remains sufficiently complex. Of the seven Epistles which are acknowledged by Eusebius (Hist. Eccl., iii. 36), we possess two Greek recensions, a shorter and a longer. It is plain that one or other of these exhibits a corrupt text, and scholars have for the most part agreed to accept the shorter form as representing the genuine letters of Ignatius. This was the opinion generally acquiesced in, from the time when critical editions of these Epistles began to be issued, down to our own day. Criticism, indeed, fluctuated a good deal as to which Epistles should be accepted and which rejected. Archp. Usher (1644), Isaac Vossius (1646), J. B. Cotelerius (1672), Dr. T. Smith (I709), and others, edited the writings ascribed to Ignatius in forms differing very considerably as to the order in which they were arranged, and the degree of authority assigned them, until at length, from about the beginning of the eighteenth century, the seven Greek Epistles, of which a translation is here given, came to be generally accepted in their shorter form as the genuine writings of Ignatius.

Before this date, however, there had not been wanting some who refused to acknowledge the authenticity of these Epistles in either of the recensions in which they were then known to exist. By far the most learned and elaborate work maintaining this position was that of Daillé (or Dallaeus), published in 1666. This drew forth in reply the celebrated Vindiciae of Bishop Pearson, which appeared in 1672. It was generally supposed that this latter work had established on an immoveable foundation the genuineness of the shorter form of the Ignatian Epistles; and, as we have stated above, this was the conclusion almost universally accepted down to our own day. The only considerable exception to this concurrence was presented by Whiston, who laboured to maintain in his Primitive Christianity Revived (1711) the superior claims of the longer recension of the Epistles, apparently influenced in doing so by the support which he thought they furnished to the kind of Arianism which he had adopted.

But although the shorter form of the Ignatian letters had been generally accepted in preference to the longer, there was still a pretty prevalent opinion among scholars, that even it could not be regarded as absolutely free from interpolations, or as of undoubted authenticity. Thus said Lardner, in his Credibility of the Gospel History (1743): "have carefully compared the two editions, and am very well satisfied, upon that comparison, that the larger are an interpolation of the smaller, and not the smaller an epitome or abridgment of the larger.... But whether the smaller themselves are the genuine writings of Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, is a question that has been much disputed, and has employed the pens of the ablest critics. And whatever positiveness some may have shown on either side, I must own I have found it a very difficult question."

This expression of uncertainty was repeated in substance by Jortin (1751), Mosheim (1755), Griesbach (1768), Rosenmüller (1795), Neander (1826), and many others; some going so far as to deny that we have any authentic remains of Ignatius at all, while others, though admitting the seven shorter letters as being probably his, yet strongly suspected that they were not free from interpolation. Upon the whole, however, the shorter recension was, until recently, accepted without much opposition, and chiefly in dependence on the work of Bishop Pearson above mentioned, as exhibiting the genuine form of the Epistles of Ignatius.

But a totally different aspect was given to the question by the discovery of a Syriac version of three of these Epistles among the mss. procured from the monastery of St. Mary Deipara, in the desert of Nitria, in Egypt. ...

... "Exactly three centuries and a half intervened between the time when three Epistles in Latin, attributed to St. Ignatius, first issued from the press, and the publication in 1845 of three letters in Syriac bearing the name of the same apostolic writer. Very few years passed before the former were almost universally regarded as false and spurious; and it seems not improbable that scarcely a longer period will elapse before the latter be almost as generally acknowledged and received as the only true and genuine letters of the venerable Bishop of Antioch that have either come down to our times, or were ever known in the earliest ages of the Christian Church."

Had the somewhat sanguine hope thus expressed been realized, it would have been unnecessary for us to present to the English reader more than a translation of these three Syriac Epistles. But the Ignatian controversy is not yet settled. There are still those who hold that the balance of argument is in favour of the shorter Greek, as against these Syriac Epistles. They regard the latter as an epitome of the former, and think the harshness which, according to them, exists in the sequence of thoughts and sentences, clearly shows that this is the case. We have therefore given all the forms of the Ignatian letters which have the least claim on our attention. The reader may judge, by comparison for himself, which of these is to be accepted as genuine, supposing him disposed to admit the claims of any one of them. We content ourselves with laying the materials for judgment before him, and with referring to the above-named works in which we find the whole subject discussed. As to the personal history of Ignatius, almost nothing is known. ..." -
The Ante-Nicene Fathers

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An anti-Catholic is one who resorts to lying about the Cattholic Church to make their arguments.

LOL...You are so out of touch, AS IF, pretending you are the official appointed spokesman for catholics.

catholics speak for themselves....NOT OUR PROBLEM you have not informed all catholics what they are SUPPOSED to Believe. LOL

Yes catholics CLAIM TO PRAY TO and Worship STATUES!
Yes catholics have claimed THEY WERE NATURALLY BORN catholic! Lol
Yes catholics have claimed they are NOT Christian, they’re catholic!
Yes the catholic church has knowingly protected pedophiles, orphan murderers and rapists from prosecution.
Yes catholics are taught gospels that are not Biblical.

You should worry about your own demons before worrying about people who are against what you promote.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, the ONLY liar here is YOU.

Jesus absolutely addressed the pagan practice of babbling many words
Matt. 6:7
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like PAGANS, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Don’t you EVER tire of being exposed?

And don’t think I didn’t notice that you failed address ANY f the verses I presented about FAITHFUL, repetitious prayer that is pleasing to God . . .

Babble on...Mary, Mary, Mary...

Prayer beads or Rosaries are used by members of various religions such as Roman Catholicism, Orthodox Catholicism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, and Bahá’í Faith to count the repetitions of prayers, chants or devotions.

~pope francis...chrislam.

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.