• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water had no part to play in this regeneration of a person's inner DEAD Spirit.

That the Holy Ghost becomes one with the spirit of a man when he is water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins ought to be evident in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and in 1 Corinthians 6:17.

Water cults teach differently. Such as the Jehovah's Witness, who teach this..

""""'Baptism in water has several purposes. It is for the remission of sins, for membership in the Church, and for entrance into the kingdom of God"..

Does that sound familiar to you, justbyfaith?

Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Because its a false teaching to teach that water baptism is causing this to happen.

A person receives the Spirit of God, when they are born again, by God., and not by water.

Peter said to REPENT............and that is, where the FAITH showed up, that God accepted on behalf of those 3000.

Water followed.

So, Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 is false teaching? You should cut that verse out of your Bible with scissors in order to keep from being taught "a false doctrine" that is purported by that verse.

Just realize the consequences of doing that (Revelation 22:18-19); although you have already done it in your heart.

The verse in question teaches us that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will repent and receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins; and there is no denying that.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are you sinless? And did you confess every sin you ever committed?
I am not without indwelling sin, if that is what you are asking.

However, I will say that when I am abiding in Christ (walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit), I do not sin; for the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me in those moments.

The element of sin dwelling within us can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the Holy Ghost becomes one with the spirit of a man when he is water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins ought to be evident in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and in 1 Corinthians 6:17.

Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

So, Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 is false teaching? You should cut that verse out of your Bible with scissors in order to keep from being taught "a false doctrine" that is purported by that verse.

Just realize the consequences of doing that (Revelation 22:18-19); although you have already done it in your heart.

The verse in question teaches us that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will repent and receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins; and there is no denying that.

Behold is showing you the truth! He has given you several good examples of the truth.

Acts 2:38 is not being interpreted correctly, here's some more proof.

Eph. 1:13,
"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"

Paul tells us here that we receive the Holy Spirit after we believe, he says nothing about water baptism.

In Acts 10:47, you can plainly see that they received the Holy Spirit and were saved before they were water baptized.

"Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?"

Acts 2:38 does not mean what you think it means!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not without indwelling sin, if that is what you are asking.

However, I will say that when I am abiding in Christ (walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit), I do not sin; for the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me in those moments.

The element of sin dwelling within us can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).
That was not the question. The question is whether you confessed every sin when you accepted Christ. And I don't believe anyone lives sinless. In fact, for one to believe they are sinless is a sin of pride in itself.

Reactions: Charlie24

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was revealed to the apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit.

For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Romans 5:1 ESV
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:5 ESV
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

But Jesus said it earlier, also:
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Wow, you teach a repentance free salvation.

Now that's magic.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who believe in water baptism believe that we are justified by "faith in the operation of God." (Colossians 2:12).

A broken clock can be right two times a day.

My doctrine does not originate from the Jehovah's Witnesses; it originates from the Bible and the Oneness Pentecostal faith.

It is not the water that saves but the symbol that is represented by going under the water as an identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.

Such an identification is a confession of Jesus before men.

Read Matthew 10:32, Luke 8:12 and you tell me whether or not those verses teach that we are saved when we confess Jesus before men.

See above.

To repent is to make a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

Could it be....satan?

You have taken these verses out of the context of the rest of the Bible.

1 John 3:9 might tell you otherwise.
Correct. lucifer invented repentance free salvation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold is showing you the truth!

I would never accept anything from @Behold as being the truth; although even a broken clock is right two times a day.

For @Behold denies that believers have indwelling sin; and therefore he is called out as one who deceives himself and the truth is not in him in 1 John 1:8.

That does not sound like someone that I would want to have as my teacher.

Eph. 1:13,
"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"

Paul tells us here that we receive the Holy Spirit after we believe, he says nothing about water baptism.

Acts of the Apostles 19:1-7 shows that the Ephesian believers were baptized.

The faith that they had, therefore, may have in fact been faith in the operation of God as they identified with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.

But I think that you are also toppling a straw man; for it is not my belief that a man can only be saved if he is water baptized in Jesus' Name. It is my belief that water baptism in Jesus' Name will save a man; but it is not my belief that a man cannot also be saved through faith alone apart from baptism.

The reality is that baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins seals the deal so that a man can have absolute assurance of his salvation.

If someone merely believes they "should not perish" (John 3:16)

If he believes and is baptized he "shall be saved" (Mark 16:16)

If anyone calls on the name of the Lord he "shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Merely believing, therefore, is iffy...while if I believe and am baptized...or if I believe and also call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth...that is a more absolute proposition and a greater assurance than if I believe only. For it exemplifies a living faith....I did something which is the proof that may faith isn't dead.

In Acts 10:47, you can plainly see that they received the Holy Spirit and were saved before they were water baptized.

"Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?"

Acts 2:38 does not mean what you think it means!

In Acts of the Apostles 10, the church is going through a time of transition. There are people of the circumcision group who do not believe that Gentiles can or should be saved. So, God proves the reality that Gentiles can be saved by giving Cornelius and friends the Holy Ghost before their sins are remitted through water baptism. A point that can be made is that they could not forbid water.

Acts of the Apostles 2:38 does tell us that baptism in Jesus' Name is for the remission of sins and therefore I do believe that remission of sins does occur when a person is baptized in Jesus' Name.

I find that it is usually the same people that deny that we can walk in freedom and victory over sin who also show that they have not been baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins by arguing against the doctrine of Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39. Could it be that this is because they themselves have not received remission of sins through baptism in Jesus' Name?

That was not the question. The question is whether you confessed every sin when you accepted Christ. And I don't believe anyone lives sinless. In fact, for one to believe they are sinless is a sin of pride in itself.

I confessed that I am a sinner when I accepted Christ; and that is to confess the sin nature which covers all of the sins that you have committed as an unbeliever.

That people can live sinless is shown in a number of verses.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9;

1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6;

Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10;

1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17;

Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any time a scripture is not taken at face value and some kind of teaching must be added to it in order for it to fit your palate, you can be certain that you are going with the teaching of men in order to teach you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

I find that people do this quite often with Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For @Behold denies that believers have indwelling sin; and therefore he is called out as one who deceives himself and the truth is not in him in 1 John 1:8.

Called out by whom?
Cultists who worship Mary?
Cultists that worship a cookie, or people like you, self savers, who deny that the blood of Jesus is able to keep you saved, and who want to talk about water, water, water.
So, yes, you just keep on "calling" me out, as that is exactly what i want you to do, and the rest also, so that the actual born again members here can discern the heretics, vs the Truth.

Thank you for continuing to teach them what i have been showing them, since the very first day i arrived here, and posted my first Thread.

"How to Spot the Heretic".

You've been very useful, and not just you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

That didnt happen to Abraham, who was Justified by Faith.
That didnt happen to Peter and the 120 in the Upper Room as they begin to Speak in Tongues and were filled with the Spirit and no water was in the upper room.

So, your "theology", is dark, and your ability to prove it, is constant.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you teach a repentance free salvation.

Now that's magic.
Believing in Christ by definition is repentance of our unbelief, and sorrow for our sin will follow. But it's the belief in Christ that saves, not simply sorrow for sin. Lots of people are sorry for their sin when they wake up after a bender the night before, but it's not Godly sorrow.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I confessed that I am a sinner when I accepted Christ; and that is to confess the sin nature which covers all of the sins that you have committed as an unbeliever.
So it seems that confession of all my sins isn't necessary after all, just confession that I am in need of salvation from my sins? That's not the same thing at all. Of course, if I understand the gospel, I understand what I need salvation from. Again, it's faith in Christ that saves, not listing all our sins.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in Christ by definition is repentance of our unbelief, and sorrow for our sin will follow. But it's the belief in Christ that saves, not simply sorrow for sin. Lots of people are sorry for their sin when they wake up after a bender the night before, but it's not Godly sorrow.
I see.

You go to a drunk wallowing in the gutter and ask him, do you believe?

He says "hiccup, why sure I do".

You got a modern, un-repented born again convert to Christ.

Congratulations.

That archaic Acts 2:38 is for the birds anyway, right?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.

You go to a drunk wallowing in the gutter and ask him, do you believe?

He says "hiccup, why sure I do".

You got a modern, un-repented born again convert to Christ.

Congratulations.

That archaic Acts 2:38 is for the birds anyway, right?
You didn't read my post. Goodbye.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would never accept anything from @Behold as being the truth; although even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Acts of the Apostles 19:1-7 shows that the Ephesian believers were baptized.

The faith that they had, therefore, may have in fact been faith in the operation of God as they identified with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.

But I think that you are also toppling a straw man; for it is not my belief that a man can only be saved if he is water baptized in Jesus' Name. It is my belief that water baptism in Jesus' Name will save a man; but it is not my belief that a man cannot also be saved through faith alone apart from baptism.

The reality is that baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins seals the deal so that a man can have absolute assurance of his salvation.

If someone merely believes they "should not perish" (John 3:16)

If he believes and is baptized he "shall be saved" (Mark 16:16)

If anyone calls on the name of the Lord he "shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Merely believing, therefore, is iffy...while if I believe and am baptized...or if I believe and also call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth...that is a more absolute proposition and a greater assurance than if I believe only. For it exemplifies a living faith....I did something which is the proof that may faith isn't dead.

In Acts of the Apostles 10, the church is going through a time of transition. There are people of the circumcision group who do not believe that Gentiles can or should be saved. So, God proves the reality that Gentiles can be saved by giving Cornelius and friends the Holy Ghost before their sins are remitted through water baptism. A point that can be made is that they could not forbid water.

Acts of the Apostles 2:38 does tell us that baptism in Jesus' Name is for the remission of sins and therefore I do believe that remission of sins does occur when a person is baptized in Jesus' Name.

I find that it is usually the same people that deny that we can walk in freedom and victory over sin who also show that they have not been baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins by arguing against the doctrine of Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39. Could it be that this is because they themselves have not received remission of sins through baptism in Jesus' Name?

That people can live sinless is shown in a number of verses.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9;

1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6;

Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10;

1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17;

Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).

You can believe whatever you like! I'm just telling you that anything less than 100% faith in what Christ did for us will not be accepted. Water baptism is a work performed by another man for you to prove your faith in Christ to others, it is a reflection of your faith, not part of it.

Paul tells us our belief is either faith or works, there is no combination of faith and works, it will be rejected. It is 100% faith in Christ or nothing.

Rom. 11:6
"And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work."

Reactions: Renniks

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan hates Baptism, and does all he can to convince people it is not necessary...

Peace be with you!
You are spot on.

Anti-baptism modernists are infesting Christendom at an alarming pace.

Satan want nobody to obtain remission of sins per water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Also, Satan want nothing else done in word or deed in the name of Jesus Christ.

Satan trembles as much as Christendom does at baptism spoken in the name of Jesus Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Called out by whom?

Called out by the apostle John; for he wrote 1 John 1:8 which tells us both that if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. The difference between us is, I heed that as a warning and you do not believe or understand what John said in that verse.

That didnt happen to Abraham, who was Justified by Faith.
That didnt happen to Peter and the 120 in the Upper Room as they begin to Speak in Tongues and were filled with the Spirit and no water was in the upper room.

So, your "theology", is dark, and your ability to prove it, is constant.

I will agree that Abraham was not water baptized.

1) It was before the Cross.

2) I have not said that water baptism is the exclusive way that a person can be saved. I have stated that a person can be saved through faith alone apart from baptism. So, you are attempting to topple a straw man.

As for Peter and the 120, it is clear that they were baptized at the juncture of John 4:1-2.

You can believe whatever you like! I'm just telling you that anything less than 100% faith in what Christ did for us will not be accepted.

Baptism in Jesus' Name is a way to appropriate what Christ did for us and is entering into a relationship with Christ. It is identifying with Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection: and in that, we place our faith in what Jesus did for us in His death, burial, and resurrection.

Paul tells us our belief is either faith or works, there is no combination of faith and works, it will be rejected. It is 100% faith in Christ or nothing.

I believe that

1) Baptism is not a work; and that,

2) Baptism in Jesus' Name has the effect of sealing a man's faith so that he cannot lose his salvation.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Called out by the apostle John; for he wrote 1 John 1:8 which tells us both that if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. The difference between us is, I heed that as a warning and you do not believe or understand what John said in that verse.

I will agree that Abraham was not water baptized.

1) It was before the Cross.

2) I have not said that water baptism is the exclusive way that a person can be saved. I have stated that a person can be saved through faith alone apart from baptism. So, you are attempting to topple a straw man.

As for Peter and the 120, it is clear that they were baptized at the juncture of John 4:1-2.

Baptism in Jesus' Name is a way to appropriate what Christ did for us and is entering into a relationship with Christ. It is identifying with Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection: and in that, we place our faith in what Jesus did for us in His death, burial, and resurrection.

I believe that

1) Baptism is not a work; and that,

2) Baptism in Jesus' Name has the effect of sealing a man's faith so that he cannot lose his salvation.

Water baptism has nothing to do with salvation, other than to express your outward faith of your inward faith in Christ.

Paul plainly tells us in Rom. 10:9-10, that with the heart man believes unto righteousness."

That is an inward faith in Christ, which is expressed outwardly in water baptism.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."