• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man can certainly be saved apart from water baptism; however baptism in Jesus' Name is a more concrete confession of Jesus before men in which a man identifies with Jesus Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.

In the days of the New Testament, people called on the name of the Lord at the time of baptism (see Acts of the Apostles 22:16).

Calling on the name of the Lord and confession of Jesus before men are essentially the same thing.

I think that a person can call on the name of the Lord without water being involved; but in that, what would be lacking is an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Called out by the apostle John; for he wrote 1 John 1:8 which tells us both that if we say that we have no sin,

2) Baptism in Jesus' Name has the effect of sealing a man's faith so that he cannot lose his salvation.

IF you are born again, then Jesus has your sin, and you have his Righteousness., or you are going to hell.

justbyfaith.....Try to understand, at some point before you die, that Salvation, :is Jesus becoming your sin, and the born again being "made righteous"...
See that : "Made Righteous"?
THat is the EFFECT of being born again.
That is who we have become when we are born again..... we are , the born again, "the Righteousness of GOD...in Christ".

so, you can't understand, that you can't be "the righteousness of God", and a sinner.
You can't understand that if Jesus bore your sin, and died, and you have been "MADE RIGHTEOUS"< that sin, is not found where God's righteousness is found, = the born again, as a "new creation", "in Christ".

The proof that you can't understand this, is many things, but the latest is your obsession with Water.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man can certainly be saved apart from water baptism; however baptism in Jesus' Name is a more concrete confession of Jesus before men in which a man identifies with Jesus Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.

In the days of the New Testament, people called on the name of the Lord at the time of baptism (see Acts of the Apostles 22:16).

Calling on the name of the Lord and confession of Jesus before men are essentially the same thing.

I think that a person can call on the name of the Lord without water being involved; but in that, what would be lacking is an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

As you're pointing out here, it's not water that washes away sin. If one can be saved without water being involved, then what washes their sins away? It's the blood. As such, one can have their sins washed away without water, but one can't have their sins washed away without the blood. To illustrate, the thief on the cross had his sins washed away with the blood of Jesus, not the water of the Jordan River.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, you can't understand, that you can't be "the righteousness of God", and a sinner.

1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul wasn't the righteousness of God?

Also, he says that it is a trustworthy saying that all of us should adopt to ourselves; that "I am a sinner saved by grace."

(yes, I have changed my mind on this issue to a certain extent)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
What created the water cults.?

A.) Seducing Spirits and Doctrines of devils . 1st Timothy 4:1

What is a water cult?
Its a "doctrine of devils".. 1st Timothy 4:1

A Water Cult, in the context of Christianity, is a heretical cult theology that believes and teaches that you are born again = by the power of the water.
The heretical verse taken from a corrupted bible.... is this...>"born again BY water". John 3

See that "By'"? Notice it follows BORN AGAIN......Born Again BY.....by what? by the water......
It can be written this way also......"Born Again OF...water".
In all cases, its 1st Timothy 4:1 a "doctrine of devils'.

So, notice that this teaching is teaching that Spiritual Birth is caused by WATER.
Water causes the new birth, according to this doctrine of devils.
Water causes you to be born again according to this heresy.
This is generally defined as "baptismal regeneration" by the water cults.
See that?
Thats a "doctrine of Devils" that teaches that water saves you, because water causes you to be born again.
And the worst part of this lie, is that the theology teaches that "water washes away your sin".
See that? Thats a total denial of the Cross of Christ and the Blood of Jesus.
And that is a "doctrine of Devils'. 1 Timothy 4:1

Listen carefully.
We are not born again by water....we are born again by the HOLY SPIRIT.

We are NOT born again by water....we are born again by the HOLY SPIRIT.

Now, where does this water cult heresy come from?
It comes from ONE BIBLE.....Just one totally corrupted Bible.
The Douay Rheims Bible
This devil designed book changed the verse, from "born of water" to "born AGAIN BY water"...
See that?
That is how you take a verse and make it into a "doctrine of devils".
You take a verse that is speaking of the natural childbirth, where a baby who is in a water sac in its mother's womb, is born once that water sac breaks, and out comes the baby through that water.
That is "born of water".
We are all born of water, as that is the FIRST BIRTH.
Jesus says, NOW...>You must be BORN AGAIN">... and that 2nd birth is performed by the HOLY SPIRIT, and not by water.

So, the doctrine of devils, 1st Timothy 4:1 takes that verse and changes it into..>"Born AGAIN, by water", in a false bible,... which now elevates common water as equal with the Holy Spirit in power and in Holiness.
And what is more damnable, is that it actually denies the Holy Spirits Power as THE POWER of Regeneration.
So, the water cult theology replaces the Holy Spirit with Water.
Thats a doctrine of devils. 1st Timothy 4:1

How do you know when you are dealing with a water cult heretic?
Its this....= They only want to talk about water, and water baptism and often Acts 2:38.
They are obsessed with WATER WATER WATER Baptism.
Scripture asked the question: Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized...???

The answer is YES, Behold can withhold water, and make fun of those that get baptized with water and call them a “water cult”.

To teach that water baptism is not necessary is truly a teaching of the devil.

3,000 were obsessed in one day. The Ethiopian Eunuch was obsessed. But of course they were wrong and you are right

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
What created the water cults.?

A.) Seducing Spirits and Doctrines of devils . 1st Timothy 4:1

What is a water cult?
Its a "doctrine of devils".. 1st Timothy 4:1

A Water Cult, in the context of Christianity, is a heretical cult theology that believes and teaches that you are born again = by the power of the water.
The heretical verse taken from a corrupted bible.... is this...>"born again BY water". John 3

See that "By'"? Notice it follows BORN AGAIN......Born Again BY.....by what? by the water......
It can be written this way also......"Born Again OF...water".
In all cases, its 1st Timothy 4:1 a "doctrine of devils'.

So, notice that this teaching is teaching that Spiritual Birth is caused by WATER.
Water causes the new birth, according to this doctrine of devils.
Water causes you to be born again according to this heresy.
This is generally defined as "baptismal regeneration" by the water cults.
See that?
Thats a "doctrine of Devils" that teaches that water saves you, because water causes you to be born again.
And the worst part of this lie, is that the theology teaches that "water washes away your sin".
See that? Thats a total denial of the Cross of Christ and the Blood of Jesus.
And that is a "doctrine of Devils'. 1 Timothy 4:1

Listen carefully.
We are not born again by water....we are born again by the HOLY SPIRIT.

We are NOT born again by water....we are born again by the HOLY SPIRIT.

Now, where does this water cult heresy come from?
It comes from ONE BIBLE.....Just one totally corrupted Bible.
The Douay Rheims Bible
This devil designed book changed the verse, from "born of water" to "born AGAIN BY water"...
See that?
That is how you take a verse and make it into a "doctrine of devils".
You take a verse that is speaking of the natural childbirth, where a baby who is in a water sac in its mother's womb, is born once that water sac breaks, and out comes the baby through that water.
That is "born of water".
We are all born of water, as that is the FIRST BIRTH.
Jesus says, NOW...>You must be BORN AGAIN">... and that 2nd birth is performed by the HOLY SPIRIT, and not by water.

So, the doctrine of devils, 1st Timothy 4:1 takes that verse and changes it into..>"Born AGAIN, by water", in a false bible,... which now elevates common water as equal with the Holy Spirit in power and in Holiness.
And what is more damnable, is that it actually denies the Holy Spirits Power as THE POWER of Regeneration.
So, the water cult theology replaces the Holy Spirit with Water.
Thats a doctrine of devils. 1st Timothy 4:1

How do you know when you are dealing with a water cult heretic?
Its this....= They only want to talk about water, and water baptism and often Acts 2:38.
They are obsessed with WATER WATER WATER Baptism.
Soooo let me see if I have your theory correct. The Christians who practice the 2,000 year teaching of water baptism are what you call in a derogatory way a “water cult”. Sooooo what does that make those of you that deny water baptism? Are you called the anti-water cult?

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Well, if you take one verse, and make it stand alone, you can teach any false theology you choose.
(See your commentaries).(See your Posts) (Threads). for an update on how to do that every day, on this forum.

Now, let me explain that verse..
It has a context...>its inside an epistle, inside a chapter.....its not just one on its own, as you would like to twist it.

Why was Paul saying he was chief of sinners?

You would try to deceive by using it this way..>"see behold, paul has a sin nature"......
But that isn't the verse....that just your self saving theology ranting again.. out of control.

Here is what is Paul is showing, teaching...its THIS Light.
Its this.
I'll Paraphrase, so that the Light is shown and not just a RANDOM MISUSED VERSE.

"isn't the Grace of God, more then amazing...is God amazing, or what......Look at His Grace...>He took me....a person who was killing Christians.....a person who despised, JESUS the Messiah........and caused me by His loving Grace, ME, the chief of sinners, a CHRIST KILLER, CHRIST HATER.........God's amazing love and Grace GIVEN FREELY to me, """the chief of sinners"", = the worst of them all, a Christ Hating Christian Killer, and made me His Apostle, His Chosen, HIS SON.

And to prove this point Paul was making , God had Paul write most of the New Testament .

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Scripture asked the question: Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized...???

You left out the verses that came before the one you are trying to abuse.
In those verses, as in all, you find that they BELIEVED.
One they do, they get wet..

Water follows Salvation, it does not cause it.

How could water cause Salvation?
It it could, then Jesus's blood is not necessary.
Its it could, then the Cross is not necessary.

The Good News is, .. water can't save you, because only JESUS SAVES.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Soooo let me see if I have your theory correct. The Christians who practice the 2,000 year teaching of water baptism

That's not what the NT teaches.
The NT teaches , for 6000 yrs, that you believe and are born again...>"Faith is counted as righteousness"....>"Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and his FAITH was counted as Righteousness".
Abraham was made righteous by God, based on BELIEVING, and no water was used after that = FAITH.
He was never water baptized.
Abraham is the "father of our Faith", and was never water baptized.
Noah and his family , never got in the water, they stayed in the BOAT.
Realize this yet?
NO WATER FOR NOAH or FAMILY.

What does "faith is counted as Righteousness", mean? It means that God's blood shed is Salvation, and to get this applied to you, you are to BELIEVE IN JESUS and be born again, the instant you do.
Water follows that, but does not cause it.
Faith is act of the Heart....... water is not required.
Faith is required and Faith is Accepted. = "Justification BY Faith".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you take one verse, and make it stand alone, you can teach any false theology you choose.
(See your commentaries).(See your Posts) (Threads). for an update on how to do that every day, on this forum.

Yes, it is common practice for those who have the truth to take singular verses and make them stand alone. Jesus did that with satan in Matthew 4 and Luke 4.

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You would try to deceive by using it this way..>"see behold, paul has a sin nature"......
But that isn't the verse....that just your self saving theology ranting again.. out of control.

Well, there are other verses that also proclaim that Paul had a sin nature...such as Romans 7:18 and 1 John 1:8.

It also seems to me that you have no basis for refuting my theology, so you make up this idea that it is somehow "self-saving".

I want to let you know that I am saved completely by Jesus Christ my Lord. He is the One who placed His Spirit into my heart.

The fact that He didn't do it against my will (because Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman) appears to be something that you want to fight against.

However, in fighting against it you will not prevail; because no one can prevail who fights against the truth.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You left out the verses that came before the one you are trying to abuse.
In those verses, as in all, you find that they BELIEVED.
One they do, they get wet..

Water follows Salvation, it does not cause it.

How could water cause Salvation?
It it could, then Jesus's blood is not necessary.
Its it could, then the Cross is not necessary.

The Good News is, .. water can't save you, because only JESUS SAVES.
Ok.....Once again....we are in agreement that one has to believe first......That has never been contested by me.

You keep wanting to throw out the water part of baptism in the bible. Peter didn't throw the water out! Phillip who taught the Ethiopian Eunuch did not toss the water out. Jesus didn't throw the water out. Only YOU and your anti-water cult want to throw it out!!! WHY???? I can't figure it out!!

Can you not see we are to follow the example of Jesus (he was baptized) and the intructions of the Apostles (they commanded water)? Why does your anti-water cult ignore their example and instructions?

Reactions: justbyfaith

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what the NT teaches.
The NT teaches , for 6000 yrs, that you believe and are born again...>"Faith is counted as righteousness"....>"Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and his FAITH was counted as Righteousness".
Abraham was made righteous by God, based on BELIEVING, and no water was used after that = FAITH.
He was never water baptized.
Abraham is the "father of our Faith", and was never water baptized.
Noah and his family , never got in the water, they stayed in the BOAT.
Realize this yet?
NO WATER FOR NOAH or FAMILY.

What does "faith is counted as Righteousness", mean? It means that God's blood shed is Salvation, and to get this applied to you, you are to BELIEVE IN JESUS and be born again, the instant you do.
Water follows that, but does not cause it.
Faith is act of the Heart....... water is not required.
Faith is required and Faith is Accepted. = "Justification BY Faith".
Hey dodgeball king......I know I made you uncomfortable by asking you some very serious questions. You dodged them, i suspect, because you have come to realize that you are in a cult.

Lets try again: Sooooo what does that make those of you that deny water baptism? Are you called the anti-water cult?

Cult defined: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have counted twelve threads that have been started by me that I have recently bumped up.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well, there are other verses that also proclaim that Paul had a sin nature...such as Romans 7:18 and 1 John 1:8.

Everyone has a sin nature.
Its the Adamic nature.
We are born with it.
But, the born again, are a "NEW CREATION", and that has resolved the Adamic.
The Adamic nature has been "crucified with Christ".
You , if you are born again, try to exist in your Adamic nature, and you teach that the born again are to do as you do.
That's heresy, that denies the reality of being "ONE with God and Christ".

How did God do it ALL ?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You keep wanting to throw out the water part of baptism in the bible.

I don't "throw out" water Baptism.
All i do is keep it completely less significant than the Cross or the Blood of Jesus or "Justification by Faith".
Any real Christian will do exactly that, always.

I dont make the heretics mistake of elevating WATER or Mary as equal to Jesus, The Cross, or The Blood of Jesus.
See, heretics make earthly things, equal to Spiritual Things.
They make cookies and water as significant as The Cross and The Blood of Jesus.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hey dodgeball king......I know I made you uncomfortable by asking you some very serious questions. You dodged them, i suspect, because you have come to realize that you are in a cult.

Lets try again: Sooooo what does that make those of you that deny water baptism? Are you called the anti-water cult?

Cult defined: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

How can a Mary worshiper make me "uncomfortable"?
Im sure you are just kidding, MARYmog.

Also, that's the secular definition of " Cult."
But when we are talking about the things of God, then that is a different situation.
As in the Spiritual realm, all RELIGION is a cult.
That means all water cults, and all of Islam, and all Pagans. So that is about 80% of the entire population of the world.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can a Mary worshiper make me "uncomfortable"?
Im sure you are just kidding, MARYmog.

Also, that's the secular definition of " Cult."
But when we are talking about the things of God, then that is a different situation.
As in the Spiritual realm, all RELIGION is a cult.
That means all water cults, and all of Islam, and all Pagans. So that is about 80% of the entire population of the world.
Lol....You do keep me in stitches!!!

Soooooo even though your anti-water teaching is held by a small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister YOU are not in a cult because that is a secular definition of a cult.....Got it!!

You think your cult doesn't fit the religious definition of cult??? OK....Lets check your theory:

Religious cult: “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth'.

Sooooo as you can clearly see your anti-water cult fits the non secular definition. Your anti-water cult denies the TRUTH that water is to be used in baptism.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Lol....You do keep me in stitches!!!

Soooooo even though your anti-water teaching is held by a small group of people

2 Billion isn't a small number, Mary worshiper.
But, with regards to that number, the people who know the truth, will always be in the minority.

For example...
Look at the Apostles.
You have the original 12, but it was Paul, called later, who received the Gospel of the Grace of God.
He's the minority, until the rest caught up.

Revelation is like that...
Its always there, the Light is always turned on, but most try to keep their darkness, because that prefer it.
And you should know.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't "throw out" water Baptism.
All i do is keep it completely less significant than the Cross or the Blood of Jesus or "Justification by Faith".
Any real Christian will do exactly that, always.

I dont make the heretics mistake of elevating WATER or Mary as equal to Jesus, The Cross, or The Blood of Jesus.
See, heretics make earthly things, equal to Spiritual Things.
They make cookies and water as significant as The Cross and The Blood of Jesus.
Oh....I get it now. You THINK that The Church elevates water and Mary as to being equal to Jesus.

Well, not that I know you believe what is not true I understand where you are coming from!!

Who makes cookies and water as significant as the Cross and blood of Jesus?? You keep throwing out these bizarre accusations but I don't know who your talking about???