• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already explained Acts 2:38 but nothing is going to change your mind. You're in the water cult to the eyebrows.

Not going to beat my head against the wall until I have a headache for no reason at all!
There is no reason for me to deny that my baptism in Jesus' Name was efficacious in my life to procure for me the Holy Ghost and the remission of sins.

The only reason I would have to deny such a thing would be if I had not yet received the ordinance and wanted to believe that I am saved without it.

You may in fact be saved without it; but if you receive the ordinance it will remove all doubt; you will know that you know that you know that you are saved; for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who will receive the ordinance.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no reason for me to deny that my baptism in Jesus' Name was efficacious in my life to procure for me the Holy Ghost and the remission of sins.

The only reason I would have to deny such a thing would be if I had not yet received the ordinance and wanted to believe that I am saved without it.

You may in fact be saved without it; but if you receive the ordinance it will remove all doubt; you will know that you know that you know that you are saved; for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who will receive the ordinance.

No reason to explain it to me, save it for when you meet Him!

Cause He's gonna ask you why faith in His Son was not enough that you had to add water baptism to it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can one who knowingly rejects the Grace of God still be saved?

Do you not think that a much worse punishment is due the one who has contempt for the Son of God, considers unclean the covenant-blood by which he was consecrated, and insults the spirit of grace?

Peace!
You answer my question first,

do you believe we are saved by faith plus all your sacraments?

or by grace through faith

which is it?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You answer my question first,

do you believe we are saved by faith plus all your sacraments?

or by grace through faith

which is it?

Hello EG,

Its a false dichotemy.

We know objectively that His Grace is available in the Sacraments.

That's like asking does Grace, or Grace save you?

Now answer my question please.

Peace!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

Its a false dichotemy.

Peace!
It’s not a false dichotomy

Paul makes it clear faith and works do not mix

once again, do you believe we are saved by faith plus the sacraments (works). In other words, your claim you are saved just because you call on the name of the lord is true or false

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

Its a false dichotemy.

Peace!

You haven't answered his question yet! That was a song and dance routine!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

Its a false dichotemy.

Peace!
You know whats amazing?

paul calls circumcision a work
Paul calls confession and animal sacrifice a work
Paul call all OT works of the law works,

and says if anyone tries to add these to faith, they teach faith plus works

now you want me to believe NT commands, such as baptism, the lords supper, confession etc etc are all of a sudden not works, but pipelines in which God can flow his grace to you,

In other words Old Testament sacraments are works. But New Testament sacraments are not

if this does not scare you about faith plus works, I worry nothing will,

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know whats amazing?

now you want me to believe NT commands, such as baptism, the lords supper, confession etc etc are all of a sudden not works, but pipelines in which God can flow his grace to you,

In other words Old Testament sacraments are works. But New Testament sacraments are not

if this does not scare you about faith plus works, I worry nothing will,

Preach on Brother, it's gettin hot in here!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hey Behold.

Why do you disagree with Jesus? Except a man be born of water and Spirit....

I totally agree with what you wrote.

1.) Born of water = your mother's water BREAKS, and out you come, = 1st birth.

next..
"You must be BORN AGAIN...""

See, you are already BORN, = BY YOUR MOTHER.....= THE WATER BREAKS = born of WATER.... into this world.

NOW, you must be """""born again""""""= by GOD.
See it?
Do you see it yet?

BORN AGAIN = SPIRITUAL Birth. = THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES THIS.....not the city water supply as your Catholic Bible falsely teaches.

Notice....

You just said......"born again OF water and Spirit...
The "cult of the virgin's demonic bible says....."Born again BY= Water".

Do you see the change?

You stated the correct understanding as found in the Greek.
Your water cult changes this in their LATIN BIBLE to "born again BY= WATER.".. "by water"......"born again by the water"....."the water causes it"...."by WATER"
See that water cult doctrine of Devil's. ????

God sees it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy,

I appreciate your input. After reading your interpretation of those passages I have a few follow up questions.

Why would Jesus need to stipulate that biological birth is a condition for heaven? After all, weren't all those hearing his message already born? And if one is never born they don't have the opportunity to receive the Spirit. Right?

Another problem your interpretation is that “born of water” is not the typical language that Jesus uses for biological birth. Jesus, in response to Nicodemus’s query about entering again into his mother’s womb (natural birth), says, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). As you can see Jesus’ language for natural birth is “born of flesh,” not “born of water”. According to your interpretation of the "born again of water" passage Jesus would be a confusing teacher because he talks about natural birth in two different ways. I don't think he is a confusing teacher.

Another problem with your interpretation is that you didn't take all of John in context. The epistle John starts out telling us about Jesus baptism (with water) and the Spirit descended upon him. In the middle Jesus is telling Nicodemus we must be born of water and Spirit. At the end the Apostles go out right after that visit with Nicodemus and start baptizing (with water) which brings the Spirit upon those being baptized.
Beginning: water = baptism
Middle: Water = baptism
End: Water = baptism

But your interpretation suggest:
Beginning: Water = baptism
Middle: Water = birth fluid
End: Water = baptism

That make no sense to this girl.

Because of having to be "Born Again". How can one be born again unless they were first born of flesh?

Sorry, mistyped and MEANT to say "born of flesh" (which is the 1st birth, unless you know of another??)

"But your interpretation suggest:
Beginning: Water = baptism
Middle: Water = birth fluid
End: Water = baptism"

I said nothing about water baptism because it is NO PLACE found in the whole of Jesus and Nicodemus conversation.

Nobody can be water baptized until they are "born of flesh". Ever see the water and amniotic fluid pouring out of a pregnant woman right before labor?

Doesn't have to make sense to you Mary, that's okay. not everyone sees this as I do.

Reactions: Behold

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You haven't answered his question yet! That was a song and dance routine!

Did you find my answet unsatisfactory? To bad.. Yet an answer it was. Perhaps you and he will an attempt to answer my questions?

I believe my last one to you was 'when did the scales fall from Paul's eyes?

Peace!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know whats amazing?

Indeed the works of 'the law' will avail one nothing. They have been fulfilled in Christ. Why go back to shadows?

An interesting metaphor, but it works..

As I said, the sacraments are Jesus' work, not ours... No one can baptise themselves..

But works of charity, now, those we do indeed need to do..

For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Peace!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you find my answet unsatisfactory? To bad.. Yet an answer it was. Perhaps you and he will an attempt to answer my questions?

I believe my last one to you was 'when did the scales fall from Paul's eyes?

Peace!

The answer to your question is clearly written in scripture and you know what it is!

There's something mischievous about asking a question like this, don't you think?