Discussion re: Spiritual Gifts etc...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops. I can still delete or edit the post if your edited post changes. FYI

(I wrote that wrong. I am just planning ideas in plotting thread. I also just mentioned about not putting controversial topics apart salvation into the story if you could edit. I would appreciate it.)

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(There was nothing wrong with my prayer. That was from the heart and had nothing to do with tongues. You think I would write about tongues when I know you don't agree with me? Or bring you to a church you wouldn't feel comfortable worshipping God at? You need to edit yours )

I am sure it is from the heart but you had to pick that up from being around people that pray like that.

I didn't mention tongues either, if you note.

And like it or not, I find that kind of prayer even in my former Presbyterian church when they ask for the Father to send the Holy Spirit into the congregation... to minister to the lost, but I find no such prayer necessary in the Book of Acts for ministerial outreach when the Holy Spirit is in the missionaries and scripture testify that it is the Father that draws men unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) and the Father reveals His Son even to babes ( Matthew 11:25-27 ) and so I know about the common errant assumption practiced by believers that the Holy Spirit is the One drawing them by being around the event as if outside of the sinner when scripture says no. Sinners get the Holy Spirit from the Father when they come to & believe in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is already there in saved believers to minister to the lost by, so there is no need to call for the Holy Spirit when that can only happen at salvation at the calling of the gospel. FYI

It is no mystery to me why other denominations like Catholics and Protestant churches in 1994 experience the supernatural in regards to the "holy laughter" movement because that kind of prayer leaves them wide open for that to happen and lead many astray by when confusion does come in.

Sherwin was debunking the "slain in the 'Spirit' movement which I know can also come about by that type of prayer. I was hardly addressing tongues. I was exposing how Sherwin is aware of the "fakers" in such movements that try to fit in when others are actually being experiencing that supernatural phenomenon in that other church and that has happened in real life, sister.

Now if you defend "slain in the 'Spirit' " as being of the Lord, then we will have a problem. If you do not defend it, then we do not have a problem, but there is no denial that this kind of heartfelt prayer has left the door wide open for the supernatural to occur. It does not always happen, but it can happen and when it does, if you did not believe in the "slain in the Spirit" movement, then because of that kind of prayer, you would have a hard time telling those that are actually experiencing it that it is not of the Lord, because they will point to your prayer and claim that it has to be the Holy Spirit.

So.. if you are of the camp that do not believe God is the author of that confusion which is the "slain in the Spirit" movement, but still do not see anything wrong with your heartfelt prayer, then you can at least see how that kind of prayer can be used for something else for why you should not be mad at "Sherwin" for saying something to prevent fakers from trying to steal the spotlight off of whatever devotion Mr. Morrison has in mind tonight for those that are in mourning so that the Lord would minster through His words rather than by the spectacular show the fakers put on.

And yeah.. as much as I told that one Methodist pastor about his prayer like that as his reasoning that the Holy Spirit had to be there to minister to the lost... I am sure he was not going to stop praying like that in spite of understanding my point that when the supernatural happens, they will think that was the Holy Spirit responding in bringing all that confusion.

I had to stop singing certain hymns that was addressing the Holy Spirit in worship. There were things He had to help me correct in my speech in bearing witness of Him, even in prayer, if need be.

Jesus said that those who bear fruit, He will prune so that they will bear more fruit ( John 15:1-2 ). So I am serious about narrowing the way to that straight gate ( Luke 13:24 ) , thanks to Jesus. So as much as it is your heartfelt prayer, I reckon I can only ask you to discern that kind of prayer with Him for why He would have you pray differently so that no one can take that prayer, let alone seducing spirits, as an opportunity to steal the spotlight from the Son in fellowship... and in this case regarding the campfire tale...preventing Mr. Morrison from even beginning his devotion in all respect.

But if you want to leave that prayer alone and Sherwin's response as a way to bring awareness about how we pray and how it can serve as a threshold for something to happen to take that spotlight away from the Son in worship, prayer, and fellowship, be it fakers or the supernatural, that would be agreeable to me, but at least nothing will get in the way of that edifying devotion coming.

You can just have Jacob & Mr. Morrison see Sherwin as sounding an alarm that you believe was totally unnecessary as they are unaware of what Becky and her friends were about to do that Sherwin suspected of.

However.. if you want me to drop out of the story... and let you take it from there... that is fine, but I can't delete Sherwin's warning because of what that kind of prayer can bring in real life. FYI

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure it is from the heart but you had to pick that up from being around people that pray like that.

I didn't mention tongues either, if you note.

And like it or not, I find that kind of prayer even in my former Presbyterian church when they ask for the Father to send the Holy Spirit into the congregation... to minister to the lost, but I find no such prayer necessary in the Book of Acts for ministerial outreach when the Holy Spirit is in the missionaries and scripture testify that it is the Father that draws men unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) and the Father reveals His Son even to babes ( Matthew 11:25-27 ) and so I know about the common errant assumption practiced by believers that the Holy Spirit is the One drawing them by being around the event as if outside of the sinner when scripture says no. Sinners get the Holy Spirit from the Father when they come to & believe in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is already there in saved believers to minister to the lost by, so there is no need to call for the Holy Spirit when that can only happen at salvation at the calling of the gospel. FYI

It is no mystery to me why other denominations like Catholics and Protestant churches in 1994 experience the supernatural in regards to the "holy laughter" movement because that kind of prayer leaves them wide open for that to happen and lead many astray by when confusion does come in.

Sherwin was debunking the "slain in the 'Spirit' movement which I know can also come about by that type of prayer. I was hardly addressing tongues. I was exposing how Sherwin is aware of the "fakers" in such movements that try to fit in when others are actually being experiencing that supernatural phenomenon in that other church and that has happened in real life, sister.

Now if you defend "slain in the 'Spirit' " as being of the Lord, then we will have a problem. If you do not defend it, then we do not have a problem, but there is no denial that this kind of heartfelt prayer has left the door wide open for the supernatural to occur. It does not always happen, but it can happen and when it does, if you did not believe in the "slain in the Spirit" movement, then because of that kind of prayer, you would have a hard time telling those that are actually experiencing it that it is not of the Lord, because they will point to your prayer and claim that it has to be the Holy Spirit.

So.. if you are of the camp that do not believe God is the author of that confusion which is the "slain in the Spirit" movement, but still do not see anything wrong with your heartfelt prayer, then you can at least see how that kind of prayer can be used for something else for why you should not be mad at "Sherwin" for saying something to prevent fakers from trying to steal the spotlight off of whatever devotion Mr. Morrison has in mind tonight for those that are in mourning so that the Lord would minster through His words rather than by the spectacular show the fakers put on.

And yeah.. as much as I told that one Methodist pastor about his prayer like that as his reasoning that the Holy Spirit had to be there to minister to the lost... I am sure he was not going to stop praying like that in spite of understanding my point that when the supernatural happens, they will think that was the Holy Spirit responding in bringing all that confusion.

I had to stop singing certain hymns that was addressing the Holy Spirit in worship. There were things He had to help me correct in my speech in bearing witness of Him, even in prayer, if need be.

Jesus said that those who bear fruit, He will prune so that they will bear more fruit ( John 15:1-2 ). So I am serious about narrowing the way to that straight gate ( Luke 13:24 ) , thanks to Jesus. So as much as it is your heartfelt prayer, I reckon I can only ask you to discern that kind of prayer with Him for why He would have you pray differently so that no one can take that prayer, let alone seducing spirits, as an opportunity to steal the spotlight from the Son in fellowship... and in this case regarding the campfire tale...preventing Mr. Morrison from even beginning his devotion in all respect.

But if you want to leave that prayer alone and Sherwin's response as a way to bring awareness about how we pray and how it can serve as a threshold for something to happen to take that spotlight away from the Son in worship, prayer, and fellowship, be it fakers or the supernatural, that would be agreeable to me, but at least nothing will get in the way of that edifying devotion coming.

You can just have Jacob & Mr. Morrison see Sherwin as sounding an alarm that you believe was totally unnecessary as they are unaware of what Becky and her friends were about to do that Sherwin suspected of.

However.. if you want me to drop out of the story... and let you take it from there... that is fine, but I can't delete Sherwin's warning because of what that kind of prayer can bring in real life. FYI

I was hoping I edited before you read that. I was a bit angry, because I feel this is derailing. You knew this would upset some. I would just say if you want to stay in the story, I am glad you are here, but let's leave these controversial topics out and just leave them to the debate threads.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as my prayer goes, I was raised in a Baptist church. My reference to fire had nothing to do with the Holy Spirit movement in the sense you are thinking of. Hunger for God should be like a fire.

God sees the heart according to 1 Samuel. This should be a sanctuary of non judgement. Let God judge the prayer and trust His protection to what doors are open and not. Would you judge a preschooler for giving thanks for his game boy?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as my prayer goes, I was raised in a Baptist church. My reference to fire had nothing to do with the Holy Spirit movement in the sense you are thinking of. Hunger for God should be like a fire.

God sees the heart according to 1 Samuel. This should be a sanctuary of non judgement. Let God judge the prayer and trust His protection to what doors are open and not. Would you judge a preschooler for giving thanks for his game boy?

Not for giving thanks, but you are not giving thanks for what was received, but a request to receive fire, were you not? Here it is again below.

""Father God, there are people all around us hurting. There are some that are trying to find their way and others who want to grow closer to You. Some don't know You and some blame You for things when the Enemy is really to blame. I pray You just show up like a flame and ignite the hearts of everyone here. Revive us Father in the ways each of us need. In Jesus name, Amen."

That was for everyone there.. believers and any unbelievers that may be there, I guess. He can't "show up" if He is already in the believers.

BTW.. when I was at my aunt's church when they had that "holy laughter" movement a week prior that Sunday I had attended, they were saying stuff like, "Having a hunger for more of God.." in regards to that phenomenon from which the Lord led me to that verse in John 6:35 also proving why it is not of Him at all. And other movements testify to receiving fire and power and etc. apart from salvation. So I reckon I am prejudice to certain words and phrases that you should know the Pentecostal / Charismatics uses for promotion of such events, hoping to invoke the Holy Spirit to come.

That is why Sherwin sees Becky and her friends seeing that prayer as an opportunity for their fakery being from that Charismatic Church, but that is not the kind of church Mr Morrison is a part of.. just that his church is playing volleyball against that church is all.

Here is a video of holy laughter actually happening and supported in a Baptist church. So the danger is there, sister, even for the Baptist church.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not for giving thanks, but you are not giving thanks for what was received, but a request to receive fire, were you not? Here it is again below.

""Father God, there are people all around us hurting. There are some that are trying to find their way and others who want to grow closer to You. Some don't know You and some blame You for things when the Enemy is really to blame. I pray You just show up like a flame and ignite the hearts of everyone here. Revive us Father in the ways each of us need. In Jesus name, Amen."

That was for everyone there.. believers and any unbelievers that may be there, I guess. He can't "show up" if He is already in the believers.

BTW.. when I was at my aunt's church when they had that "holy laughter" movement a week prior that Sunday I had attended, they were saying stuff like, "Having a hunger for more of God.." in regards to that phenomenon from which the Lord led me to that verse in John 6:35 also proving why it is not of Him at all. And other movements testify to receiving fire and power and etc. apart from salvation. So I reckon I am prejudice to certain words and phrases that you should know the Pentecostal / Charismatics uses for promotion of such events, hoping to invoke the Holy Spirit to come.

That is why Sherwin sees Becky and her friends seeing that prayer as an opportunity for their fakery being from that Charismatic Church, but that is not the kind of church Mr Morrison is a part of.. just that his church is playing volleyball against that church is all.

Here is a video of holy laughter actually happening and supported in a Baptist church. So the danger is there, sister, even for the Baptist church.

My prayer simply means for the Holy Spirit to teach. One line. Lol. You are over thinking brother.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, I edited the prayer, since it bothered you. But this is basically what I meant by it. :)

"Father God, there are people all around us hurting. There are some that are trying to find their way and others who want to grow closer to You. Some don't know You and some blame You for things when the Enemy is really to blame. I pray You teach and revive us Holy Spirit, in the areas each of us need. In Jesus name, Amen."

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I didn't watch the video, because I don't believe in things like that. I have seen videos of people barking like dogs too and things. But this isn't the genuine Charismatic movement. Teen Challenge inspired me when I was there. There are charismatics who are genuine believers and just believe a bit different. If you want to start a story in addressing the topics how you see it, I would definitely be interested to read it. But since I am trying to start writing again after such a long time, I was sort of hoping for a story that could just be more conservative type. Things all believers could agree on.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My prayer simply means for the Holy Spirit to teach. One line. Lol. You are over thinking brother.

I understand why you would say that as what you meant to convey, but if you think about it, that is not the meaning of your words at all.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't watch the video, because I don't believe in things like that. I have seen videos of people barking like dogs too and things. But this isn't the genuine Charismatic movement. Teen Challenge inspired me when I was there. There are charismatics who are genuine believers and just believe a bit different. If you want to start a story in addressing the topics how you see it, I would definitely be interested to read it. But since I am trying to start writing again after such a long time, I was sort of hoping for a story that could just be more conservative type. Things all believers could agree on.

I am glad that you do not believe in such things, sister, but watch the video and see how she speaks about it in how her words can be seen in your words in how the Holy Spirit shows up. The point of the video is to show why and how the holy laughter can even come into the Baptist church.

This is why churches are unprepared for when those things happens when they believe the Holy Spirit can visit the congregation at any time, and yet in according to our faith in Jesus Christ, He is in us for why the Holy Spirit cannot visit a believer like that later on in life as a saved believer.

It would be very hard for you to tell someone you love that is a believer if something happened by the way you said that heartfelt prayer. Just consider that "nightmare".

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @JesusIsFaithful tell ya what. Your prayer can stay as is in the story and we can pick up from there. If you could talk about it here, Ill feel more relaxed writing. :D

So this was your thread. :)

Umm... still not good. Here is why.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me....13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

The Holy Spirit cannot answer prayers; He serves in some capacity but the Holy Spirit gives the credit to the Son for answers to prayers for whatever the Spirit of Christ does.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So God the Father is glorified in the Son for answering prayers; the Father is NOT glorified by the Spirit in answering prayers. I know. It sounds quite contrary but it prevents sinners that pray to spirits and their idols from bringing in their practice of spirits by focusing only on the Son in worship.

As it is, "holy rollers" can take that modified prayer of yours and say.. that was the Holy Spirit reviving us! It would be impossible for you to tell them to cut that out.

So this is how I would see the prayer to be Biblical sound by.

"Father God, there are people all around us hurting. There are some that are trying to find their way and others who want to grow closer to You. Some don't know You and some blame You for things when the Enemy is really to blame. I pray, Jesus, that You teach us Your words through the Holy Spirit in us, in the areas each of us need Your help in, not just for ministering unto us, ourselves, but to others around us who do not know You yet. We pray Father, that you will reveal Your Son to the lost through our testimony of Your Son so that they may believe in Him & be saved. In Jesus name we pray, Amen."

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower The supernatural and fakers can still happen, but at least they can't point to the prayer and said you prayed for the Holy Spirit to revive us and He did. That way, by not giving them any doubts per a prayer, you would have more grounds to tell them to knock it off or leave the group or church. See?

(Could you just delete these two posts in the story? Ill edit my post to the prayer you wrote. :) )

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Discussion re: Spiritual Gifts etc...
There are at least 20 spiritual gifts mentioned in the NT. However, rarely will you find a discussion on all the gifts. The focus always reverts to tongues and healings, which means that someone has sabotaged the total picture to the detriment of all Christians.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower The supernatural and fakers can still happen, but at least they can't point to the prayer and said you prayed for the Holy Spirit to revive us and He did. That way, by not giving them any doubts per a prayer, you would have more grounds to tell them to knock it off or leave the group or church. See?

(Could you just delete these two posts in the story? Ill edit my post to the prayer you wrote. :) )

Okay. I deleted the posts and all that extra that has nothing to do with the story, except the one about you wanting to know about the smiley face that winks.

Thank you for your consideration. It certainly helps me to relax more.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. I deleted the posts and all that extra that has nothing to do with the story, except the one about you wanting to know about the smiley face that winks.

Thank you for your consideration. It certainly helps me to relax more.

I used to be very sensitive to miscarriages/abortion in stories. Still am to an extent. I haven't had any, but very hard topics, so know what you mean.

As far as the laughter movement and things, I don't know anything about this. I don't watch videos of it, because I do believe in doors of demonic influence being opened and what not. I lived at Teen Challenge a couple years though and saw tongues and things every day with adults (the adult program) coming to Christ and growing in faith. This is evidence right there to me some gifts of the Holy Spirit that are controversial, are genuine. I may not be able to just explain scripture out and things, but I have had many spirit filled friends go on to do great things after drugs, depression, and other life controlling issues. And to see God work like that is amazing.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, since I have mentioned Teen Challenge a lot...let me post a Wikipedia link...it is funny, because I graduated many years ago, but talking about tongues and things just has brought back my time there.

But my point, is this is an Assemblies of God ministry that has helped millions. And they don't believe in Baptism of the Holy Spirit for salvation or laugh a lot or bark like dogs. But I heard tongues, interpretations, etc. It was my first and only experience with it until recently. So I stopped, but my experience is some of the gifts like tongues that you don't believe JIF, are in fact genuine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Challenge

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, since I have mentioned Teen Challenge a lot...let me post a Wikipedia link...it is funny, because I graduated many years ago, but talking about tongues and things just has brought back my time there.

But my point, is this is an Assemblies of God ministry that has helped millions. And they don't believe in Baptism of the Holy Spirit for salvation or laugh a lot or bark like dogs. But I heard tongues, interpretations, etc. It was my first and only experience with it until recently. So I stopped, but my experience is some of the gifts like tongues that you don't believe JIF, are in fact genuine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Challenge

I don't doubt that there are genuine encounters with tongues that comes with no interpretation, but in no way would God ever mimic the devil's tongues that was in the world before Pentecost. I know there are fakers but I also know that too many believers want to believe that spirit coming over them bring that tongue as being of God.

That is why the apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them in 1 John 4:1 as 1 John 4:2 is the same thing as saying 2 Corinthians 13:5 and 1 John 4:3-4 is drawing the line of discernment between the real Spirit of Christ being in us against the one felt outside of us in the worship place. John goes on to see the fruit of this test by how the Spirit of Truth will speak to differ from how the spirit of error speaks in the world 1 John 4:5-6 So that is proof that tongues will come with interpretation as it can never mimic that kind of tongue in the world that cannot be interpreted.

I am glad that you stopped because Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV testifies that the Holy Spirit in every believer makes silent intercessions for each of us by the Son knowing the mind of the Spirit to give the silent intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father. That is why the Father knows everything before we ask anything in prayer; Matthew 6:7-8

Plus John 16:13 in ALL Bibles testify that the Holy Spirit cannot speak of Himself, NOT of His own initiative, NOT on His own accord, NOT on His own authority at all, because He can only speak what He hears and that is why He cannot utter His intercessions, He cannot even utter His groanings.

Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV is the only one that keeps the truth in lining up with the truth in John 16:13 but most Bibles of Romans 8:26-27 does not line up with the truth in John 16:13.

I am glad that you are stopping the use of prayer tongues, but you need His help to discern why it cannot be of Him at all.

I was under the commitment to make Jesus Christ Lord of my life. That does not mean that He never minister to me nor helped me in other matters since I had done that, but it did take Him a long time to get through to me on how to really follow Him and that was to trust Him to help me follow Him all the time.

So I reckon that will be the case for you is for Him to reveal to you what was not of Him, so that by pruning you as you were bearing fruit in other ways, you may bear more fruit by shunning tongues and praying normally to know what you had prayed for to give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for answers to prayers. I pray that He will. I do not doubt Christ minister to you in those times, but not everything was of Him, just as not everything was of Him in my walk with Him, but only He can help you see that, to prune it, and bear more fruit.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't doubt that there are genuine encounters with tongues that comes with no interpretation, but in no way would God ever mimic the devil's tongues that was in the world before Pentecost. I know there are fakers but I also know that too many believers want to believe that spirit coming over them bring that tongue as being of God.

That is why the apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them in 1 John 4:1 as 1 John 4:2 is the same thing as saying 2 Corinthians 13:5 and 1 John 4:3-4 is drawing the line of discernment between the real Spirit of Christ being in us against the one felt outside of us in the worship place. John goes on to see the fruit of this test by how the Spirit of Truth will speak to differ from how the spirit of error speaks in the world 1 John 4:5-6 So that is proof that tongues will come with interpretation as it can never mimic that kind of tongue in the world that cannot be interpreted.

I am glad that you stopped because Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV testifies that the Holy Spirit in every believer makes silent intercessions for each of us by the Son knowing the mind of the Spirit to give the silent intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father. That is why the Father knows everything before we ask anything in prayer; Matthew 6:7-8

Plus John 16:13 in ALL Bibles testify that the Holy Spirit cannot speak of Himself, NOT of His own initiative, NOT on His own accord, NOT on His own authority at all, because He can only speak what He hears and that is why He cannot utter His intercessions, He cannot even utter His groanings.

Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV is the only one that keeps the truth in lining up with the truth in John 16:13 but most Bibles of Romans 8:26-27 does not line up with the truth in John 16:13.

I am glad that you are stopping the use of prayer tongues, but you need His help to discern why it cannot be of Him at all.

I was under the commitment to make Jesus Christ Lord of my life. That does not mean that He never minister to me nor helped me in other matters since I had done that, but it did take Him a long time to get through to me on how to really follow Him and that was to trust Him to help me follow Him all the time.

So I reckon that will be the case for you is for Him to reveal to you what was not of Him, so that by pruning you as you were bearing fruit in other ways, you may bear more fruit by shunning tongues and praying normally to know what you had prayed for to give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for answers to prayers. I pray that He will. I do not doubt Christ minister to you in those times, but not everything was of Him, just as not everything was of Him in my walk with Him, but only He can help you see that, to prune it, and bear more fruit.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

I am not stopping tongues as a prayer language right now. I have been praying in them again about a month. And I am not stopping at this point, because I see growth in my spiritual life since I have. I admit there has been just as much warfare, but usually this means I am on the right track. I understand your points though. I was raised this way in these scriptures and point of view.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I stopped praying in tongues after Teen Challenge for the longest time, they never left my head. I would hear them in my head as I prayed in English at times. And at those times were some of my most meaningful prayers.