Discussion re: Spiritual Gifts etc...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my dreams are lovely right now, so it is quite a bit uplifting now...

Something to be truly thankful for. :) Like I said, mine are positive as well.
The rest, I'm just giving to God and thankful for the good that has happened as a result.

Amen. :)
Oh yeah and if you count dreams and visions then I guess I'm a seer as well as that has happened to me sometimes. :)

I will say this, AR: There are a few out there who I've met who receive prophetic dreams very prolifically, not just about themselves and their own situations but about others and also about world affairs.

These I would put in a different class, and possibly as "seers," although I honestly don't know. All I know is that I'm not one of them, LoL.

Reactions: April_Rose

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would offer. . .God is no longer bringing any new revelations in any manner to include dreams as that by which we could add to the perfect sealed with 7 seals till the end of time.

Satan is still able to bring lying signs that men can wonder after .. Collosians gives us a warning to those who do go above all things writen in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) as human ideas.

Collosians 2:18 Some people enjoy acting as if they are humble and love to worship angels. They always talk about the visions they have seen. Don’t listen to them when they say you are wrong because you don’t do these things. It is so foolish for them to feel such pride, because it is all based on their own human ideas.

Hello, Gary.

I've had what seems like countless debates with Cessationists over the last 3-4 years on the forums, so I am familiar with your arguments here. In response, there's a ton of things I could say, but maybe the Lord will allow us time to get into it more later. This is a thread for those who believe in the gifts rather than a debate thread, so here wouldn't be the place for it anyway.

God bless, and hopefully down the road.
Hidden In Him

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ I've been meaning to ask you your thoughts on discerning what things are from the enemy and what is from God when it comes to dreams/visions/other spiritual manifestation gifts. You have a lot of experience with this stuff.

I am not sure about the random images during the day that I get. If they are from God, they tend to be more focused about things happening in my life.