Do Catholics Talk to Dead People?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't ya wish the Apostles had kept a journal. Scribes use to follow people around offering to chronicle their travels, for money of course. Wouldn't it be nice to have some of their day to day thoughts. Christ never told them to write anything down, or build churches, because He was returning soon. What was the thought process to start writing things down?

People do not like to admit that it did not turn out like the Apostles expected. If Christ would have described the 300 years of horrors that would follow, most would have probably ran for hills. So what happened that caused or allowed the 300 years of horrors? Whatever it was Christ will return when and how the Father says it is so.

I do have a concern that if He does not return exactly how the Protestants expect Him to return they will do like the Jews did. It is hard to get them out of this static thought process.
YES, a "journal" would have been great....:)

Reactions: Grailhunter

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are not supposed to try and contact the deceased. Scripture says as much. Its necromancy and witchcraft to do so.

Reactions: kcnalp

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not supposed to try and contact the deceased. Scripture says as much. Its necromancy and witchcraft to do so.
Catch up on the post. There is a debate as to what "the dead" means.
Did Christ sin during the transfiguration? Are Moses and Elijah dead?
Is God the God of the Dead? Christ did not think so and said they were mistaken.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Christ sin during the transfiguration? Are Moses and Elijah dead?
Is God the God of the Dead? Christ did not think so and said they were mistaken.

Of course not. No. He's the God of living and the dead.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. No. He's the God of living and the dead.
Find the statement that He is the God of the dead in the Bible.
And were are the dead?
What is the dead?
What about Ghost?
And do the dead like you calling them the dead?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He is God of ALL is He not? He decides where the dead spend eternity. Ipso facto He is God of the dead

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll accept that rebuke. Thank you brother.

@kcnalp

I apologize, that was unkind,

Please forgive me.

I know how it is, Philip. I posted far worse this afternoon, and had to go back and at least tame it down a little. As I recall, I wasn't the kindest to you recently either.

I need a break from this place. Maybe we all do from time to time, but I'm not doing so well lately.

God bless, and the above demonstrates that you have class. You're one of the good members here, and I'm glad to call you my brother.
Hidden

Reactions: Philip James

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I used to pray to dead saints as an RCC'er.

The images they propped up represented them as we look to them or knelt in front of them.

They even have church bldgs with dead priests in them.
Which saints do Catholics pray to?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crickets indeed! There is no Bible for praying to sinful humans who have died.
Praying to talking to...I imagine that Elijah and Moses were horrible sinners but Christ still talked to them during the Transfiguration.
Oh! But conjuring up the dead is sinful, so it was Christ the sinner talking to the sinful men of the OT. Right? I guess they had a lot in common!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as far as the disciple whom Jesus loved that would remain until Christ returned.
Wonder what happened to that person?
Scripture please.
Christianity is full of lots of mysteries.
Unlike anything else Mary has had thousands of witness over the last 1600 years...She has appeared all over globe...miracles, healings, and prophesies. Not sure if that classifies as a mystery.
IOW, you believe rumors more than you believe the Bible. How do you know it wasn't Satan appearing to people? You don't.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture please.

IOW, you believe rumors more than you believe the Bible. How do you know it wasn't Satan appearing to people? You don't.
Better you than me calling Christ's mother Satan. 1600 years of events, thousands of witness...you got to get your head off the recreational pharmaceuticals and get into the real world.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying to talking to...I imagine that Elijah and Moses were horrible sinners but Christ still talked to them during the Transfiguration.
Oh! But conjuring up the dead is sinful, so it was Christ the sinner talking to the sinful men of the OT. Right? I guess they had a lot in common!
Now you're saying Moses and Elijah were dead? Remember you said it! Which dead people do you pray to? Do they talk to you?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better you than me calling Christ's mother Satan. 1600 years of events, thousands of witness...you got to get your head off the recreational pharmaceuticals and get into the real world.
Prove it wasn't Satan! You can't. And I didn't call Mary Satan. You're lying!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the mystery!
Of the original Twelve Apostles and only two of them wrote books.
It's quite telling...pray tell, what could it mean?
And it was the 13th Apostle that wrote most of the New Testament.
Quite unusual
And as far as the disciple whom Jesus loved that would remain until Christ returned.
Wonder what happened to that person?
Christianity is full of lots of mysteries.
Unlike anything else Mary has had thousands of witness over the last 1600 years...She has appeared all over globe...miracles, healings, and prophesies. Not sure if that classifies as a mystery.
Big foot has also appeared many times, this a mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.