Do Catholics Talk to Dead People?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually I do I just believe in the scriptures which speaks of the resurrection of the dead. The way you believe you call God a liar and you deny the resurrection
But what happens between death and the resurrection of the dead? They are not six feet below in the soil (as some vainly imagine). The saints are in Heaven with Christ, for to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. See Acts 7 and 8 regarding Stephen.

The Resurrection/Rapture will be in the future, when Christ brings the souls and spirits of the saints (who passed on) with Him to be joined to their immortal glorified bodies. It is all there in the Bible.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my post again, NO ONE CHRISTIAN TALKS TO THE DEAD, in case you are not capable of reading. We know you serve a pagan god of the Dead. Christians, true Christians serve a God of the living.
So you don't pray to anyone who has died? Who do you pray to? You're being EVASIVE!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't pray to anyone who has died? Who do you pray to? You're being EVASIVE!

People who are alive. I am not being evasive if your god has people die and remain dead than your god is not the Christian God. You see our Christian God says He is only the God of the living, so all who believe in Him are alive. Those who sleep are more alive then we are

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are alive. I am not being evasive if your god has people die and remain dead than your god is not the Christian God. You see our Christian God says He is only the God of the living, so all who believe in Him are alive. Those who sleep are more alive then we are
If you're ashamed to tell us who you pray to, forget it. I'm sure Jesus won't forget it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@kcnalp it sounds like you are trying to harass our Catholic brothers and sisters here on this thread. I hope that's not your intentions.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kcnalp it sounds like you are trying to harass our Catholic brothers and sisters here on this thread. I hope that's not your intentions.
Just trying to get a straight answer. I still haven't. Who do they pray to? Why would that be a secret? I know they pray to Mary. But who else? I answer questions. Why shouldn't they? Is it not of the utmost importance who we pray to? Did you miss what he/she said to me?

"Once again you do not know the Christian God, you only have a god of the dead not the living."

Reactions: Waiting on him

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wanting to know who Catholics pray to is "absurd"?

No asking if they pray to the dead is absurd and very harassing to them not to mention to other Traditional Christians like the Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, my Church, and others. I was being abusive true but you are also. You should ask for the idea of asking the Saints in Heaven to pray for us but instead you put a huge insult in your title and kept up with the insult. I was no better but trying to illustrate how bad you were being and for my part I am sorry. Since I did the bad thing in public I also ask @Josho to forgive me for being a jerk

Reactions: Josho

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these scriptures you quoted is talking about some immaterial invisible thing that separates at death. It's so easy to take scriptures out of context to try to prove what you believe isn't it.
I think you need to look into that Grammar Teacher.
What do say folks....can he read?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say my grammer can be bad and if it wasn't for spell check my spelling would be atrocious :)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what happens between death and the resurrection of the dead? They are not six feet below in the soil (as some vainly imagine). The saints are in Heaven with Christ, for to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. See Acts 7 and 8 regarding Stephen.

The Resurrection/Rapture will be in the future, when Christ brings the souls and spirits of the saints (who passed on) with Him to be joined to their immortal glorified bodies. It is all there in the Bible.

The scriptures show that the resurrection doesn't begin until the second presence/second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The scriptures show us that a memorial tomb is a burial place in which the remains of a deceased person were placed. This term renders the Greek word mne·meiʹon, which comes from the verb “to remind,” suggesting that the person who has died is remembered.—Joh 5:28, 29.
In view of the underlying thought of remembrance associated with mne·meiʹon, the use of this word (rather than taʹphos) at John 5:28 with regard to the resurrection of “all those in the memorial tombs” seems particularly appropriate and contrasts sharply with the thought of complete repudiation and effacement from all memory as represented by Gehenna. (Mt 10:28; 23:33; Mr 9:43) The importance attached to burial by the Hebrews is indicative of their concern that they be remembered, primarily by Jehovah God in whom they had faith as “the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” (Heb 11:1, 2, 6) Inscriptions of the tombs of Israelite origin are very rare and, when found, often consist of only the name. The outstanding kings of Judah left no magnificent monuments with their praises and exploits engraved thereon, as did the kings of other nations. Thus it seems evident that the concern of faithful men of ancient times was that their name be in the “book of remembrance” described at Malachi 3:16.—Compare Ec 7:1;

The point is that at the moment you die, The True God Jehovah is able to read minds and hearts, can decide then if you deserve a resurrection or not. If he decides to remember you, then at the time of the resurrection all those in his memory will be resurrected. Those who are not remembered are truly eternally dead without hope. The True God Jehovah isn't the God of the dead he's the God of the living, so those who are in his memory who he has judged worthy of a resurrection are living to him. Those God judges not worthy of a resurrection are not in his memory therefore they remain dead for eternity without hope. They stay in nonexistence for eternity.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No asking if they pray to the dead is absurd and very harassing to them not to mention to other Traditional Christians like the Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, my Church, and others.
I asked who you pray to that died. You're twisting what I said. I'm curious to know who you're saying never died.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need to look into that Grammar Teacher.
What do say folks....can he read?

I can read, you just would rather believe a lie rather than the truth. What I said about those scriptures you quoted not saying anything about some invisible immaterial thing separating at death is true. A human is a soul he doesn't have one. An animal is a soul it doesn't have one. The word soul in the scriptures is used to describe the life of a human or animal has.

In contrast to the way that the term “soul” is used in many religious contexts, the Bible shows that both neʹphesh and psy·kheʹ, in connection with earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians never die. Christ has conquered death.
They die physically. So who do you pray to who died physically? Even Jesus died "in the flesh".

1 Peter 3:18 (NKJV)
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

So, again I ask, who do you pray for that died in the flesh?

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They die physically. So who do you pray to who died physically?

In Christ there is no death. Until you can accept that promise of God than I can never answer you, we pray to no one who is dead. Why is this so hard for you to understand.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ there is no death.
Jesus died. ALL of His disciples died. Are you saying the disciples of Jesus weren't saved because they died? So all who believe in Jesus who die aren't Christians?

1 Corinthians 15:3 (NKJV)
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died.

He conquered death, therefore Christians are alive forevermore.

He is the God of the living, not of the dead, for to him all are alive
. Luke 20:38 GNT

That is why Traditional Christians must always answer you question "Do Catholics (or other Traditional Christians) talk to dead people?" absolutely not. We only ask pray of those who are alive, be they on earth or Heaven with God

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He conquered death, therefore Christians are alive forevermore.

He is the God of the living, not of the dead, for to him all are alive
. Luke 20:38 GNT

That is why Traditional Christians must always answer you question "Do Catholics (or other Traditional Christians) talk to dead people?" absolutely not. We only ask pray of those who are alive, be they on earth or Heaven with God
You skipped this again. "Christ died" and so did all those you pray to!

1 Corinthians 15:3 (NKJV)
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Status
Not open for further replies.