Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The laws that used to be in place to criminalize same sex relationships were inhumane so would people like to go back to that time when a person could be put in prison for their sexuality?

I completely believe that God made men and women for each other so that they could procreate. And I am not in favour of same sex marriages - especially held in churches. The civil partnership that 'gays' were allowed to enter into was less controversial.

I believe that marriage as we understand it should only be allowed between a man and a woman but the law-makers chose to go against nature and permit it for gays in the name of inclusivity.

I don't condemn anybody for loving another person, after all none of us can choose who to love.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being born sinners has nothing to do with being born a homosexual, which Romans 1 says that no human being can be
I can see what you're saying. I'm just explaining how ones can believe they were if their brokenness was bent that way from as early as they can remember.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see #8 and then come back
Post #8 makes good sense to me. And yet ... brokenness and the fallen nature brings about all sorts of "bents" after we are born... even early in life. Those "bents" aren't God's plan and they are sin. My purpose here is not to condemn anyone, but to speak the truth. We all have our "bents" and we all are in need of the Savior and mind renewal that comes through the Word of God.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Post #8 makes good sense to me. And yet ... brokenness and the fallen nature brings about all sorts of "bents" after we are born... even early in life. Those "bents" aren't God's plan and they are sin. My purpose here is not to condemn anyone, but to speak the truth. We all have our "bents" and we all are in need of the Savior and mind renewal that comes through the Word of God.

if homosexuality is something that a person can be born with, then it cannot be sinful, as the Bible says it is. Either the Bible is true, or human understanding.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your statement is against the Bible

No. My statement is against your statement. Sad for you to interject words and meaning not contained in Scripture. Simply put, the Bible does not say one cannot be born homosexual. It says what we all know; that homosexuality is not natural. If you lack discernment between these 2 things, I'll pray for you.

Reactions: BobVance

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if homosexuality is something that a person can be born with, then it cannot be sinful, as the Bible says it is. Either the Bible is true, or human understanding.

You misinterpreted what I said.... please read it again, slowly (particularly, "after we are born" and in).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "gay" is not what the Bible calls these relationships. The correct term is "homosexual". The Bible is very clear that ALL such relationships are sinful, and therefore wrong. God created Adam and Eve, and told them to multiply and this is through the union of a man and woman in marriage. In fact, the Bible is very clear that no human being can ever be "born" homosexual. In Romans chapter 1, Paul speaks of the man and woman leaving their "natural" desire for each other, and going with the same sex instead. The word "natural" is from the Greek "φυσικός", which means, "natural, produced or caused by nature, inborn", which tells us that ALL humans are born with an inbuilt desire for the opposite sex. God has made sure of this, which is why He says that homosexuality is wrong and sinful. If any human being could be "born" homosexual, then God could not justly punish them for this, as it is part of their DNA. God is a God of Justice.

I would say Even If there were corruption to DNA, or abuse in childhood that leaves its scar, or whatever reason outside the person's ability to control, we are still responsible to make the right choices.

Whether it be sexual perversion such as a Same Sex Attraction Disorder, or drug addiction, or any other disorder, God still tells us to renew our minds and live the right way. And He gives us the ability in Christ to do so.

And you make a good point. Everyone has the knowledge of God, and everyone is born with the natural desire. However, it can be turned, bent the wrong way, which is the Latin meaning of pervert as a verb.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who don't love God and sin aren't hurting God. They are zombies...the walking dead. I don't have anything in common with those people.

Christians on the other hand... whole nuther story. I care what Christians do or don't do. And I'm not talking about debatable practices...but the known sins such as sexual perversion, lying, stealing, and murder. We are called to live holy lives. Not lives where we try to push the envelope of acceptability.

Huge difference in between the two attitudes.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The sodomite was portrayed as thoughtfully questioning the moral opposition and made an Appeal to Numbers. There are fewer verses than one would think. So, therefore sodomy is not that bad the reasoning of the video went.

It's clear this person putting this together is not a Christian and has no clue what Bible teaches.
You can't argue with these kinds. Useless to discuss with them.

Reactions: Addy

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. My statement is against your statement. Sad for you to interject words and meaning not contained in Scripture. Simply put, the Bible does not say one cannot be born homosexual. It says what we all know; that homosexuality is not natural. If you lack discernment between these 2 things, I'll pray for you.

here is a very simple question for you. does the Bible teach that homosexuality is a sin or not?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every time the issue of gay marriage has been put to a vote by the people, the people have voted to uphold traditional marriage. Even in California. In fact, the amendment passed in North Carolina on Tuesday by a wider margin (61-39) than a similar measure passed six years ago in Virginia (57-42). The amendment passed in North Carolina, a swing state Obama carried in 2008, by 22 percentage points. We should not think that gay marriage in all the land is a foregone conclusion. To date 30 states have constitutionally defined marriage as between a man and a woman.

No ruling was called for on gay marriage because most marriages are gay/happy/joyous etc.

To call homosexual marriage gay is a lie.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are some on here, who simply do not understand what the Holy Bible, God's Infallible Word to us humans, has to say on the issue of homosexuality. They have allowed "science", and the world's acceptance of homosexuality, to dictate what is right and wrong. The Bible is very clear in this issue.

Leviticus 18:22, "You must not lie with a man as with a woman; that is an abomination"

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who sleeps with a male as those who sleep with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they must be put to death. They have brought their own deaths upon themselves"

Romans 1:27, "Likewise also the males, leaving the natural use of the females, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God."

1 Timothy 1:10, "The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching"

There can be no doubt, that the Holy Bible condemns homosexuality, and says that it is a SIN before the Holy God of the Bible. As I have already shown in #8, that the Bible is also clear, that no human being can ever be "born" homosexual, God has made sure of this from the way that He has created us. It is exactly the same for the other demonic lifestyle, called "trans", which also is an abomination with the Lord. He created males and females, and nothing else. These perversions are from the devil himself.

Reactions: BobVance

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who don't love God and sin aren't hurting God

I really don't know where some people get their understanding from? The Bible says, that "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Romans chapter 1 is very clear, that ALL sinful actions are against the God of the Bible, Who IS offended, which is why He will punish sinners in hell.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't know where some people get their understanding from? The Bible says, that "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Romans chapter 1 is very clear, that ALL sinful actions are against the God of the Bible, Who IS offended, which is why He will punish sinners in hell.

Until God created mankind He never had an enemy.
Not that mankind is much of an enemy of God of any merit. And the natural conscequenses of opposition to God is death.
God is good...God is always good. God isn't bad because God is infinitely good...God is also omnipotent...your next breath isn't at God's acquiescence but His active support.

The immortal soul exists at God's pleasure solely. And an enemy of God's chances of surviving a second longer than necessary?

I'm not seeing it happening.

Reactions: April_Rose

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I'm one of the few Christian that support gay marriage. I don't believe in oppressing anyone's freedom, I do not agree with homosexuality, I think it's a sin and it's against natural law, but if it's not a threat then I don't oppose it. I think they have the right to be gay, and marry if they want, and churches should have the right to refuse to marry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.