Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm one of the few Christian that support gay marriage. I don't believe in oppressing anyone's freedom, I do not agree with homosexuality, I think it's a sin and it's against natural law, but if it's not a threat then I don't oppose it. I think they have the right to be gay, and marry if they want, and churches should have the right to refuse to marry them.

Then it sounds like you don't actually support gay marriage, you just believe in hate the sin and love the sinner as we are called to do and worry about yourself. After all, in the end,.. we all have to be held accountable for our own sins.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm one of the few Christian that support gay marriage. I don't believe in oppressing anyone's freedom, I do not agree with homosexuality, I think it's a sin and it's against natural law, but if it's not a threat then I don't oppose it. I think they have the right to be gay, and marry if they want, and churches should have the right to refuse to marry them.

so you are saying, that you don't really care what the Lord says in His Infallible Word, the Holy Bible, about homosexuality, and says that it is sinful, and those who practice this are not going to heaven? So what "christian" are you?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you are saying, that you don't really care what the Lord says in His Infallible Word, the Holy Bible, about homosexuality, and says that it is sinful, and those who practice this are not going to heaven? So what "christian" are you?

Those who practice it are going to Heaven if they trust in Christ.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who practice it are going to Heaven if they trust in Christ.

so you think that you know more than God?

"Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortionists, will inherit God’s Kingdom" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

do you get it?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you think that you know more than God?

"Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortionists, will inherit God’s Kingdom" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

do you get it?

Yes I get it, but you still don't. This is talking about the unsaved. It doesn't make it right but I know gay people who've given their heart to Christ. They're friends of mine and they aren't any less saved than I am and their sins aren't that much different than the sins I still commit as a Christian.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I get it, but you still don't. This is talking about the unsaved. It doesn't make it right but I know gay people who've given their heart to Christ. They're friends of mine and they aren't any less saved than I am and their sins aren't that much different than the sins I still commit as a Christian.

again, regardless of what and who you know, this does NOT change the fact that NO practicing homosexual will ever be in heaven. End of. if you don't like what the Lord says, take it up with Him, but His Word does NOT change for anyone.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this how God wants us to be, not caring whether people live lives of wickedness and sin? You must have a different Bible to m..."

"so you don't care if people in the world openly sin, and live lives that are clearly against the teaching of the Holy Bible?"

The huge majority of the world is already living in open sin! Fornication is fornication, hetro. or homo. But, seems we never hear of anything BUT the "gay thing". Maybe it is because the hetro. fornicators at least got the gender correct :rolleyes:

Proverbs 6:16–19 lists seven things which are also abominations: "haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Reactions: Addy and April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, regardless of what and who you know, this does NOT change the fact that NO practicing homosexual will ever be in heaven. End of. if you don't like what the Lord says, take it up with Him, but His Word does NOT change for anyone.

John 3:16 says different. It doesn't say that only straight people who believe upon the name of the Lord will be saved, it's saying anybody.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The huge majority of the world is already living in open sin! Fornication is fornication, hetro. or homo. But, seems we never hear of anything BUT the "gay thing". Maybe it is because the hetro. fornicators at least got the gender correct

because it is the so called wicked LGBTQ movement, that shout to get their own way, and openly oppose and reject the Word of God. People who fornicate and commit adultery don't have groups demading their "rights" Do you agree with homosexuality?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because it is the so called wicked LGBTQ movement, that shout to get their own way, and openly oppose and reject the Word of God. People who fornicate and commit adultery don't have groups demading their "rights" Do you agree with homosexuality?

I agree with human rights, period. Do they pay taxes? Do they work VERY HARD (yes) Jesus died for EFVERYONE. The church has totally demonized this one single issue to where you would think it on a par with blaspheming the Spirit!

"it is very easy to take a verse from the Bible, and ignore all others, so that you can support your pet whatever!"

Sorry my friend but, this is exactly what you are doing.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with human rights, period. Do they pay taxes? Do they work VERY HARD (yes) Jesus died for EFVERYONE. The church has totally demonized this one single issue to where you would think it on a par with blaspheming the Spirit!

AMEN well said! :D

Reactions: Nancy

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

why do people bother with the Bible, if they are not interested in what it says? 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 is very clear on homosexuality, and yet you disregard this and agree with "human rights", and not God's Word! It is no wonder why the world is the way it is!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN well said! :D

Tanx :D

natural-gas-tank-morning-600w-1667280220.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do people bother with the Bible, if they are not interested in what it says? 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 is very clear on homosexuality, and yet you disregard this and agree with "human rights", and not God's Word! It is no wonder why the world is the way it is!

Do you see either April or myself CONDONING homosexuality???! No. Do you see us condoning ANY sin?? No. I refuse to cherry pick sins.
We are to LOVE the unsaved, NO MATTER WHAT SIN but you have a hate thing going on here and please, do not give me the old "hate the sin, love the sinner" line.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you see either April or myself CONDONING homosexuality???! No. Do you see us condoning ANY sin?? No. I refuse to cherry pick sins.
We are to LOVE the unsaved, NO MATTER WHAT SIN but you have a hate thing going on here and please, do not give me the old "hate the sin, love the sinner" line.

you wrote, "I agree with human rights, period". do you agree with this or not? if you do, then you agree with the "rights" that are LGBTQ, etc, or else your statement is false. which can also include abortion "rights"! You cannot have it both ways.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have the sin but love the sinner because I know how to mind my own business and just do what I'm called to do and love people regardless. I wish I could report this guy but I'm not sure if he's doing anything that's cause for being reported. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.