Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you wrote, "I agree with human rights, period". do you agree with this or not? if you do, then you agree with the "rights" that are LGBTQ, etc, or else your statement is false. which can also include abortion "rights"! You cannot have it both ways.
I had already answered to this. They pay taxes, they work hard, they are just as much a citizen as you or I. They have choices, and they are not easy to come upon with all the hate. YES, I do believe they should have every single civil right that you enjoy! Just like liar's, thieves, slanderers, drunkards', fornicators, adulterers and so on.
Are you now judge jury AND executioner?

Reactions: April_Rose

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had already answered to this. They pay taxes, they work hard, they are just as much a citizen as you or I. They have choices, and they are not easy to come upon with all the hate. YES, I do believe they should have every single civil right that you enjoy! Just like liar's, thieves, slanderers, drunkards', fornicators, adulterers and so on.
Are you now judge jury AND executioner?

you obviously don't understand what you have written. when you tell someone that you "agree with human rights. period". In plain old English which we gave you Americans, it means, that you support ALL "human rights", followed by your "period". This must therefore include homosexuals as being homosexuals, trans, and being trans, abortion, etc, etc. This is what the statement "I agree with human rights, period", means. simple.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I already told you and you didn't listen so I am finished wasting my breath with you.

in other words, you don't like what the Bible has to say about homosexuals in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, and dismiss it, but cannot really show how it can agree with your thinking. So you bow out. that is fine by me, I know when the opposition fails...

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's it I can't take it anymore!! I can't report you because you aren't really doing anything wrong,.. but I'll tag @Heart2Soul and then you can explain to her why you think John 3:16 doesn't also apply to homosexuals.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm one of the few Christian that support gay marriage. I don't believe in oppressing anyone's freedom, I do not agree with homosexuality, I think it's a sin and it's against natural law, but if it's not a threat then I don't oppose it. I think they have the right to be gay, and marry if they want, and churches should have the right to refuse to marry them.

So you openly support sin. This is unacceptable. How much thought have you put into what you just said as a Christian?

Reactions: April_Rose

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "gay" is not what the Bible calls these relationships. The correct term is "homosexual". The Bible is very clear that ALL such relationships are sinful, and therefore wrong. God created Adam and Eve, and told them to multiply and this is through the union of a man and woman in marriage. In fact, the Bible is very clear that no human being can ever be "born" homosexual. In Romans chapter 1, Paul speaks of the man and woman leaving their "natural" desire for each other, and going with the same sex instead. The word "natural" is from the Greek "φυσικός", which means, "natural, produced or caused by nature, inborn", which tells us that ALL humans are born with an inbuilt desire for the opposite sex. God has made sure of this, which is why He says that homosexuality is wrong and sinful. If any human being could be "born" homosexual, then God could not justly punish them for this, as it is part of their DNA. God is a God of Justice.
Exactly . and what did paul warn one of the end time signs would be , they would be Without NATURAL affection .
No marvel as to what days we are living in .

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you saying that people can be born homosexual? If so, then it cannot be considered a sin as the Bible clearly says it is
Lets put an end to this lie .
Even before being drawn to Christ i knew this they were born this way is a lie .
HOW . How did i know .
We have gentically identical twins and even triplets all over my family .
IF ITS GENETIC . HOW come one was gay and the other was not . Exactly . EVEN as a teen i knew this was not true .
Like i said , we have genetically identical twins all over the family . even identical triplets .
So how come some were gay and others not . I MEAN if its genetic both would gay or straight . ITS A LIE . ITS a lie
to say they were born this way .

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this possible? Do people ever lie to themselves so they can do what they want?

I'm not saying that it's right, but I'm saying that somebody can still be gay and saved but we don't know for sure. Only God knows, but I don't see how a gay Christian is any different from one that lies and cheats as salvation is offered to them as well.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the only unforgivable sin, not homosexuality, not suicide or anything else. This is the only thing that Jesus says is unforgiveable.

Matthew 12:30-32.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"so you don't care if people in the world openly sin, and live lives that are clearly against the teaching of the Holy Bible?"

The huge majority of the world is already living in open sin! Fornication is fornication, hetro. or homo. But, seems we never hear of anything BUT the "gay thing". Maybe it is because the hetro. fornicators at least got the gender correct :rolleyes:

Proverbs 6:16–19 lists seven things which are also abominations: "haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
Amen! ...and let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Solomon was warning as Apostle Paul was warning, but the dividing line between the one who is pleasing God and the one who is not ultimately may only be seen by God and to someone He has allowed to see it. Most of the time in most things no person is able to see what is in the heart of another person. Even Solomon and Paul were no shown everything in the heart of everyone else.

I suspect some of those Pharisees in the time when Jesus walked planet Earth 2000 years ago put on a pretty good show most of the time in order to receive the glory of men. God has always been able to see past the facade to the heart of the person. Such Pharisees did not fool God. They did not fool Jesus! Do any of us always see so well? Not me!

Can a practicing homosexual be saved without cleaning up his act? Did King David come to the realization during his lifetime that he was only supposed to have one wife? In each case, what does the person believe and what is he doing with what he believes? Again, no theology tests are going to be given to decide who is to have unending Life and who is not!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying that it's right, but I'm saying that somebody can still be gay and saved but we don't know for sure. Only God knows, but I don't see how a gay Christian is any different from one that lies and cheats as salvation is offered to them as well.
He is not different. But all of us need to be seeking His kingdom and His righteousness until we run out of time. In the seeking, when we come to know that a particular thing that we are doing regularly is wrong, is sin, how do we think God will look at it, if we do not strive to eliminate that thing from our life?

What do these words written by the Apostle Paul mean?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

Impossible? Certainly for any of us in our flesh alone! We cannot do it. We cannot completely stop sinning... at least we cannot stop without help. Do we not have a Helper? Is God not willing to help us? Does God not love us enough to help us if we really want His help?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

Of course some people only pay lip service to God. They don't really want to quit some sins. They love those sinful activities more than they love God... so what should they expect from God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the only unforgivable sin, not homosexuality, not suicide or anything else. This is the only thing that Jesus says is unforgiveable.

Matthew 12:30-32.
God will forgive us but we must stop repeating the sin for which He has forgiven us! Consider the words Jesus spoke to the woman caught in the act of adultery:

"When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." John 8:10-11

To Repent means more than to be sorry we did it. It means we have changed our ways and no longer wish to commit that sin. If we knowingly go back and commit the same sin after assuring God it was all over, He may be merciful, but we should not expect Him to always be merciful. There is a limit to the mercy of God!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
So you openly support sin. This is unacceptable. How much thought have you put into what you just said as a Christian?

we as Christians have the right and free will to commit sin any time we want, the Lord gives us the right to chose. do you think that right should be taken from others while you get to keep yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.