Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
so you are saying, that you don't really care what the Lord says in His Infallible Word, the Holy Bible, about homosexuality, and says that it is sinful, and those who practice this are not going to heaven? So what "christian" are you?
no i think your confused, i never said homosexuality was not a sin. i said they have a right to be gay.
the Jews were commanded not to be homosexuals, they were told to punish homosexuals within their kingdom, they were never told to go outside their kingdom and force their laws on other nations.
i am a Christian that believes everyone has the freedom to chose their religion and lifestyle. now if you think its a good idea that Christians take over the government, and we force our ways on everyone, thats been done before, it lead to people being burned alive, inquisitions, and crusader armies burning entire towns to the ground.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you openly support sin. This is unacceptable. How much thought have you put into what you just said as a Christian?

we as Christians have the right and free will to commit sin any time we want, the Lord gives us the right to chose. do you think that right should be taken from others while you get to keep yours?

Since we're not answering each other's questions, as if we are incapable, or lack respect, I'll just post what God's Word says.

Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but according to the latest Gallup Poll, USA's LGBT population has risen to 5.6%, up from 4.5% in 2017, more than a 1% rise in under 4 years that is.

More Adult Americans Are Identifying as L.G.B.T., Gallup Poll Finds

Also more and more Christian denominations are allowing LGBT people into leadership roles..

It makes you wonder has some of the earthly governing bodies of various Christian denominations forgotten some parts of their Bibles?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying that it's right, but I'm saying that somebody can still be gay and saved but we don't know for sure. Only God knows, but I don't see how a gay Christian is any different from one that lies and cheats as salvation is offered to them as well.
a gay christain is the same kind of christain i once was . I lived in my sin thus i truly did not know JESUS and was not saved .
There truly is power in the blood . No true lamb would defend their sin or any other sin for that matter .
Just remember that . I lived a dead faith once and was dead , but praise GOD for truly drawing me to Christ .
Changing my heart He surely did .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we as Christians have the right and free will to commit sin any time we want, the Lord gives us the right to chose. do you think that right should be taken from others while you get to keep yours?
According to whom . JESUS never gave us the right to SIN , He sets us free from that power .
Even paul said let inquity not once be named among you . We dont have THE RIGHT to sin . JESUS never came
to set us free to sin , but FROM SIN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but according to the latest Gallup Poll, USA's LGBT population has risen to 5.6%, up from 4.5% in 2017, more than a 1% rise in under 4 years that is.

More Adult Americans Are Identifying as L.G.B.T., Gallup Poll Finds

Also more and more Christian denominations are allowing LGBT people into leadership roles..

It makes you wonder has some of the earthly governing bodies of various Christian denominations forgotten some parts of their Bibles?
If we loved folks we would correct them . And never once should they be put into the office of leadership .
Paul was right . Leaders must be blameless so as they can actually help guide the church and help it mature .
Paul said , and he was right , If one who is called a brother or sister is in a sin , etc , not to even eat with such a one .
WE are supposed to do these things to help lead them to repentance . But instead the churches have led
folks to acceptance of sins . Its not been looking good on the church front for a while now .
Have you ever wondered why paul said , THOUGH the more abundantely I LOVE the LESS i be loved .
Cause LOVE comes with CORRECTION . We cant just let them die in their sin . Not to mention if we do not do
as CHRIST and later paul and others would say , and put out those who do sin , WE gonna leaven our churches .
TODAY many church folks and worse many who even lead churches GLORY in it and wont correct it . This will leaven the churches full .
We must take a stand and do all according to the pattern JESUS set in all things , and that includes correction .

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm one of the few Christian that support gay marriage. I don't believe in oppressing anyone's freedom, I do not agree with homosexuality, I think it's a sin and it's against natural law, but if it's not a threat then I don't oppose it. I think they have the right to be gay, and marry if they want, and churches should have the right to refuse to marry them.
So you support sin ? What God Almighty says is sin, we cannot support. Where do you draw the line in the sand? Is abortion okay? Rape, Murder, Lying? You head down a very slippery slope when you acknowledge the acceptance of any sin. I am a sinner saved by grace, and sin is sin.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Since we're not answering each other's questions, as if we are incapable, or lack respect, I'll just post what God's Word says.

Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

are you talking about this question:

So you openly support sin.

i apologize, i didnt realize this was a real question being as no one is gonna answer "yeah sure i support sin, sin is good". but back to the question, no i do not support sin. what sin did you think i was supporting?

Reactions: April_Rose

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
So you support sin ? What God Almighty says is sin, we cannot support. Where do you draw the line in the sand? Is abortion okay? Rape, Murder, Lying? You head down a very slippery slope when you acknowledge the acceptance of any sin. I am a sinner saved by grace, and sin is sin.

your confused, i never said i support homosexuals. i said they have a right to be gay if they want. supporting homosexuals would be teaching the world thats its a perfectly normal thing and there is nothing wrong with it.
a slippery slope is forcing your religious beliefs on others. Charlemagne executed 4500 Saxons in one day, what was their crime, they didnt want to be Christians. do you support that?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone remember these words . Those who sin rebuke before all that others may fear .
We are supposed to correct any brethren in an error .
I see jaybird went to a dire extreme . No one is calling for the death of anyone . We are just saying
the church must correct those who are in the church . Thus if one claims to beleive and sins or supports sin , They must
be corrected and very fast . For their sake and the sake that leaven does not rise up and fill the place .
I say its time and its high time for us to be in our bibles . Their is such simplicity of truth in those pages .
And it sure would help us and sharpen us to do so .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you obviously don't understand what you have written. when you tell someone that you "agree with human rights. period". In plain old English which we gave you Americans, it means, that you support ALL "human rights", followed by your "period". This must therefore include homosexuals as being homosexuals, trans, and being trans, abortion, etc, etc. This is what the statement "I agree with human rights, period", means. simple.

No need to be throwing abortion into the mix. I am speaking of any and all adults, sinner or saint, to be treated with the same rights that we all have. I do NOT support abortion, I do support gays to be married, unless a church refuses, then they can get married at civil court. Should we give the same "rights" to ALL fornicators?

Reactions: April_Rose

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone remember these words . Those who sin rebuke before all that others may fear .
We are supposed to correct any brethren in an error .
I see jaybird went to a dire extreme . No one is calling for the death of anyone . We are just saying
the church must correct those who are in the church . Thus if one claims to beleive and sins or supports sin , They must
be corrected and very fast . For their sake and the sake that leaven does not rise up and fill the place .
I say its time and its high time for us to be in our bibles . Their is such simplicity of truth in those pages .
And it sure would help us and sharpen us to do so .

Agreed Amigo,
Christians have no business judging ANYONE "outside" the church but we ARE to correct those claiming Christianity.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the church ponder on the support of things that are right in the sight of GOD .
Thus let none who names the glorious name of JESUS ever support sin once .
If any runs on a church on this site , my dire advice is , refuse to marry same sex .
And if it costs you persecution and loss , REJOICE for the persecution , forgive those who would persecute , but never
conform to their ways .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed Amigo,
Christians have no business judging ANYONE "outside" the church but we ARE to correct those claiming Christianity.
There is one more thing that needs to be said . This has even happened to me at my old job .
IF one who is gay , believer or not , and they ever ask you is it okay to be such , we must then answer them according to the ways of GOD .
Thus never let one feel its okay to be in a sin . Just as we must never let any of another religoin
feel safe in that religoin . JESUS must always be pointed too .
Yes we will lose family members for even saying JESUS must be beleived in to be saved .
However the glorious gospel must be sounded out . You are loved dear sister .

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't the federal court rule on this?
They did indeed. Back in 2015 wasn't it? They hinged the ruling upon the 14th amendment as I recall. That made no sense to me because if marriage is a absolute equal right, what then prevents plural marriage on that same point? And worse, minor children wed with guardian consent to their abuser? Parent consent as key to allowance in that union.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound those praises out unto the glorious Lord my friends . To live is Christ to die is only gain .
How wonderful the end of a lamb truly is . For to be absent from the body is not to be feared , for that only means
we are then present with the glorious Lord who did save us . Great peace there is in those whose minds are stayed upon the glorious Lord .
AND HE will be with us no matter what we do suffer . So let the KING be praised .

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you talking about this question:

So you openly support sin.

No, that was not a question. That was an observation. The question I'm referring to ended with a question mark. The question is:

- "How much thought have you put into what you just said as a Christian?"

i apologize, i didnt realize this was a real question being as no one is gonna answer "yeah sure i support sin, sin is good". but back to the question, no i do not support sin. what sin did you think i was supporting?

I appreciate your kindness in attempting to address my question, but you are in danger of being in deep error, and must be corrected when needed.

You say that you aren't supporting sin, but you are supporting the sin of homosexuality as long as you support the act of homosexuals joining together.

I'm one of the few Christian that support gay marriage.

Support: Give approval, comfort, or encouragement to.

Reprove: To express disapproval about (something).

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Your error is in disobeying God's Word. You ought to reprove gay marriage, not approve of it. It is an unfruitful work of darkness. Sinful, yet you support it. Everyone here should be encouraging you to repent of your approval and to hope that God forgives you of such clear disobedience.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Paul says in Romans about homosexuality is that it's a curse...a self imposed curse caused by moral turpitude.

Which normally most people speak out against. We speak out against bigotry and myosgyny... because they are morally wrong and we don't want those things promoted. But when it comes to the sexual perversion of homosexuality it's "none of your business"? If only pedophiles got the same treatment!

Sure, the courts gave them the "right" to marry. That doesn't mean that it's acceptable. We tolerate it...but don't accept it.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your confused, i never said i support homosexuals. i said they have a right to be gay if they want. supporting homosexuals would be teaching the world thats its a perfectly normal thing and there is nothing wrong with it.
a slippery slope is forcing your religious beliefs on others. Charlemagne executed 4500 Saxons in one day, what was their crime, they didnt want to be Christians. do you support that?
I’m not forcing anything on anyone, you said you support homosexual marriage, God says it’s a sin....period. I try my best to follow God’s Laws. I am certainly not perfect, but strive to please Christ, not man.

Status
Not open for further replies.