Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did indeed. Back in 2015 wasn't it? They hinged the ruling upon the 14th amendment as I recall. That made no sense to me because if marriage is a absolute equal right, what then prevents plural marriage on that same point? And worse, minor children wed with guardian consent to their abuser? Parent consent as key to allowance in that union.
Exactly right, that’s why I said we head down a very slippery slope.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to be throwing abortion into the mix. I am speaking of any and all adults, sinner or saint, to be treated with the same rights that we all have. I do NOT support abortion, I do support gays to be married, unless a church refuses, then they can get married at civil court. Should we give the same "rights" to ALL fornicators?
God’s Word disagrees with your stance.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a very messy topic... One that is often divided into opposite points of view.

I see several issues here...

How do we treat non-believers? ( assuming that those who are practicing these lifestyles are NON Christians).

And... for those who are ARE believers and condoning this type of lifestyle...
Here in Canada the United Church not only supports gay marriage... they support gay clergy. I live in a city that has this very example. In my opinion... if a church is that off on ONE issue of biblical theology... then they are not worth any kind of respect and/or support. I believe this may also be true within the Anglican Church... I believe that some sects have embraced the ungodly unions of same sex marriage. There really is nothing that can be said about these types of decisions... other than RUN.... and DON'T LOOK back.

So.... What to do with Christians who are being disobedient is very different in my opinion than how to treat non believers.

I don't believe we have the right to tell NON believers how to live their lives... and that gets me in all kinds of trouble with regards to other's opinions about me. LOL

I would NEVER attend any kind of marriage ceremony for anyone who is living outside the confines of a Godly marriage between man and woman.

I would be that parent who chose to NOT attend their child's wedding... BUT.... I would support my child in their daily functionings of life. I think the issue would be however... the opinion that if I can't attend the wedding then I don't deserve to be part of the family. This is a price I would have to pay... and I am ok with that.
I would still allow them to enter my home... and visit... I would NOT allow them to sleep together under my roof... but I would fellowship and associate myself with them on every other level.

I have seen many state that they would boycott their businesses and avoid associating with them at all costs... Shunning them for lack of a better word. I don't see this as remotely effective.

Would I go to a hairdresser I knew was GAY?.... YES I would because I am there to get my haircut... and that has NOTHING to do with their lifestyle choice... We need to be VERY CAREFUL with our JUDGEMENT here.

On the other hand... I would NOT get my haircut from someone who claimed to be a Christian and living and supporting a gay lifestyle... as that in my opinion is worse than the non believer.

I guess it's all in perspective of how we look at the world... I am very hard on Christians... I think we need to learn to be more accountable in light of all the SCANDALS happening before our eyes with TRUSTED Christian leaders.

Anyways... my two cents worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobVance

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main issue that most Christians have with homosexuality is not that it's happening... although there is a natural revulsion to the practice...is that here in America the homosexual community wants approval and endorsement of their perversion or moral turpitude. Which we can't do.

And that's the whole issue in a nutshell.

Reactions: BobVance

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very messy topic... One that is often divided into opposite points of view.

I see several issues here...

How do we treat non-believers? ( assuming that those who are practicing these lifestyles are NON Christians).

And... for those who are ARE believers and condoning this type of lifestyle...
Here in Canada the United Church not only supports gay marriage... they support gay clergy. I live in a city that has this very example. In my opinion... if a church is that off on ONE issue of biblical theology... then they are not worth any kind of respect and/or support. I believe this may also be true within the Anglican Church... I believe that some sects have embraced the ungodly unions of same sex marriage. There really is nothing that can be said about these types of decisions... other than RUN.... and DON'T LOOK back.

So.... What to do with Christians who are being disobedient is very different in my opinion than how to treat non believers.

I don't believe we have the right to tell NON believers how to live their lives... and that gets me in all kinds of trouble with regards to other's opinions about me. LOL

I would NEVER attend any kind of marriage ceremony for anyone who is living outside the confines of a Godly marriage between man and woman.

I would be that parent who chose to NOT attend their child's wedding... BUT.... I would support my child in their daily functionings of life. I think the issue would be however... the opinion that if I can't attend the wedding then I don't deserve to be part of the family. This is a price I would have to pay... and I am ok with that.
I would still allow them to enter my home... and visit... I would NOT allow them to sleep together under my roof... but I would fellowship and associate myself with them on every other level.

I have seen many state that they would boycott their businesses and avoid associating with them at all costs... Shunning them for lack of a better word. I don't see this as remotely effective.

Would I go to a hairdresser I knew was GAY?.... YES I would because I am there to get my haircut... and that has NOTHING to do with their lifestyle choice... We need to be VERY CAREFUL with our JUDGEMENT here.

On the other hand... I would NOT get my haircut from someone who claimed to be a Christian and living and supporting a gay lifestyle... as that in my opinion is worse than the non believer.

I guess it's all in perspective of how we look at the world... I am very hard on Christians... I think we need to learn to be more accountable in light of all the SCANDALS happening before our eyes with TRUSTED Christian leaders.

Anyways... my two cents worth.
Well stated Addy. I have a brother in law who is a practicing homosexual, and is “married “. He claims to be a Christian, and was raised in Christian home, just as my wife was. He attends a church that accepts and marries same sex couples. It breaks my wife’s heart to see him living this lifestyle. We love him and want him to truly find peace in Christ. It’s a matter of obedience, give into sin, or trust Jesus to help him escape this lifestyle.
Homosexual sin is not worse than heterosexual sin. Sin is sin. It’s my opinion that many Christians look homosexual sin as a more aberrant sin, I don’t think our Heavenly Father see’s it as that. You are correct, it’s a very tricky issue to navigate.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The reason that "homosexuality" has become so popular is because Jesus is about to come back.
THat's the reality.
Saints, its supposed to be this way..

The NT tells us that "as in the days of Noah"", so shall the coming of the Son of Man, be".

The days of Noah, is the reason that God drowned the HOMOSEXUALS.

ANd now we are here again.....

So, this is the final sign, that we the born again are to recognize, that shows us how close we are to going home.

This final sign really started with Gay indoctrination TV shows like....>"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", and "Will and Grace".
Now, you have homosexual commercials, and Hallmark Christmas movies that celebrate sodomites.
Also, in '2003, the Texas Supreme Court by 6-3, struck down the sodomy laws.
Following that God Rejecting precedent , 13 states came aboard , and now its a universal immorality crisis.

IN 2003, i was on forums telling people that gay rights were coming, and gay adoption and marriage was about to be legalized, and people laughed.
Christians laughed and told me to stop being so "homophobic" and to "show more love".
= Spit.

I told them they'd one day they would eat those words when their children and grand children were being indoctrinated into the gay lifestyle, as it would be fed to them by elementary school curriculum.

They're not laughing now.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well stated Addy. I have a brother in law who is a practicing homosexual, and is “married “. He claims to be a Christian, and was raised in Christian home, just as my wife was. He attends a church that accepts and marries same sex couples. It breaks my wife’s heart to see him living this lifestyle. We love him and want him to truly find peace in Christ. It’s a matter of obedience, give into sin, or trust Jesus to help him escape this lifestyle.
Homosexual sin is not worse than heterosexual sin. Sin is sin. It’s my opinion that many Christians look homosexual sin as a more aberrant sin, I don’t think our Heavenly Father see’s it as that. You are correct, it’s a very tricky issue to navigate.
See Bob???? We actually DO AGREE.... I just pick my fights ( so to speak ). You are correct... It is indeed a tricky issue to navigate.

Reactions: April_Rose

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God’s Word disagrees with your stance.
And which part would God's word disagree with? That ALL human beings should have the same civil rights as you do? If you are going to treat an unsaved gay person so much differently than an unsaved fornicating straight person, you are actually being loving to the one and hateful to the other. Either way, they do not have Jesus and need Him so, do you think He would strip away anybody's right to either choose Him (life) or the world (death)?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you are directly AGAINST the Teachings of the Holy Bible, and presume to know better than the Lord! Does this alone not bother you?

Liars, fornicators, killer's, thieves, atheists, devil worshippers...they ALL get married and not a peep out of anyone. Who are we to say to the unsaved what to do, we aren't.

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
1 Corinthians 5:12

So then in this case, you are the one against God's word.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@poor Nancy... I hate those days when the world seems to be slinging arrows... been there... LOL
I hear what you are saying.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@poor Nancy... I hate those days when the world seems to be slinging arrows... been there... LOL
I hear what you are saying.
Yes Addy, I think that's why you and I have become recluses! Lol. It's okay, my skin has become like alligator skin. Not as sensitive as once I was! And it is freeing although, have to be careful how I put things in writing as, many take things the wrong way or just plain assume something that was not meant.
xo

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes Addy, I think that's why you and I have become recluses! Lol. It's okay, my skin has become like alligator skin. Not as sensitive as once I was! And it is freeing although, have to be careful how I put things in writing as, many take things the wrong way or just plain assume something that was not meant.
xo
YEP... Poor pearl posted something yesterday and the same thing happened... the thread was absolutely derailed and mis-interpreted.
NOT impressive!!!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEP... Poor pearl posted something yesterday and the same thing happened... the thread was absolutely derailed and mis-interpreted.
NOT impressive!!!

Boy we do have all kinds on here, and Pearl! Sweet and God loving woman that she is. Seems that every single thread gets de railed no matter what. It's expected anymore!
I sure hope SHE doesn't leave too! Helen has pretty much left us :(
Nothing truly good lasts for long around here but, we still have one another in our hearts, even though we might not see the ones who have left.
Some can break your spirit on here, or in a regular church as well. Gotta be built up! Amen!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Boy we do have all kinds on here, and Pearl! Sweet and God loving woman that she is. Seems that every single thread gets de railed no matter what. It's expected anymore!
Nothing truly good lasts for long around here but, we still have one another in our hearts, even though we might not see the ones who have left.
Some can break your spirit on here, or in a regular church as well. Gotta be built up! Amen!
We are on the same page baby.... I left at the end of January because I was offended by what someone said to me... I don't fare all that well in these types of venues... I am approaching a year of forums... and well... I have not lasted more than a few months here and there before needing a LONG break... LOL... However... like you... this time... I have decided to find the GEMS within.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are on the same page baby.... I left at the end of January because I was offended by what someone said to me... I don't fare all that well in these types of venues... I am approaching a year of forums... and well... I have not lasted more than a few months here and there before needing a LONG break... LOL... However... like you... this time... I have decided to find the GEMS within.
Alright! Good. Hopefully you and I can resist coming back to a nasty in kind. I do fall now and then there and spew a nasty one right back. This is something I am even now praying about and working on. It get's easier sister! We are women, hear us roar!!! lol.
xo

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At least God's love endures forever and clearly people in this thread have been misunderstanding me. I was only stating that I believed that even a practicing homosexual would go to Heaven if he or she was truly in Christ (which only He and that said individual would know for sure) because if that wasn't the case that would make it a worked based salvation which is unbiblical and that would defeat the whole entire purpose of what we commemorate today (being good Friday) and what we are going to celebrate on Sunday which is Easter and Christ's resurrection. And since this has been brought up, I would never turn away a child, grandchild, niece, nephew for being gay no matter what. Even though I would disagree with them I would still love them regardless and I would much rather have to deal with that then with them being a drug dealer or something even worse.

Reactions: Nancy

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Liars, fornicators, killer's, thieves, atheists, devil worshippers...they ALL get married and not a peep out of anyone. Who are we to say to the unsaved what to do, we aren't.

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
1 Corinthians 5:12

So then in this case, you are the one against God's word.

You always try to justify your beliefs by misquoting the Bible. You clearly say that you support homosexuals which is directly against the Bible. So don't try to turn your faulty acceptance of vile living of these perverted people, into an attack on my own Bible based beliefs

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always try to justify your beliefs by misquoting the Bible. You clearly say that you support homosexuals which is directly against the Bible. So don't try to turn your faulty acceptance of vile living of these perverted people, into an attack on my own Bible based beliefs

You're the last one to talk about attacking others. You've been attacking her constantly and that's not okay with me as she is one of my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.