Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah you said that, but how do you know those were quoted accurately? Your position doesn't hold water. Nor is it within orthodox Christianity. You basically just pick and choose what youwant to believe. Wishy Washy sir.
Because I have faith in certain things, one being that God is perfect, and one that the Bible writers accurately quote God and Jesus.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a rule, women do not handle authority well, which is whenever someone is speaking, while others are to remain silent and wait their turn.

I’ve reached the same conclusion for different reasons.

For all the bashing of the male ego, as a rule, women do not handle authority well because it exposes the god complex women have, starting with Eve.

The female ego is so gigantic, we cannot even acknowledge it’s existence. Add authority to that and it is a disaster. My ex-wife would not submit to my authority and was extremely emotion driven.

She’d tell me a situation was very emotional AS IF that was a get out of jail card for her disastrous decision-making.

It is hard to submit to authority and most men do it much better than most women. I admit most people in jail are men but that only represents ~1% of the population. However, I think the OP is not about societal deemed authority but divinely deemed authority. A female can be put in a position in our society of authority but these are social constructs not natural constructs, e.g., police, judge, public education instructor, etc.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you basically pick and choose which parts of the Bible you like and which parts you don't. Got it.

Refromed1689,

I believe the Bible is one of the best ways to grow in the knowledge of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, and also to learn about the nation of Israel, and even learn from the Lord Jesus Christ about ourselves. However, I accept the Bible as it is, there is Liberty that is founded in being in Christ by faith. There is also the need to be lead by the Holy Spirit/ Spirit of Christ, while reading the Bible, otherwise it (the Bible) is just used as daggers to use the scripture as a LAW, and no freedom of expression, thought or opinion for others whom may have accepted already Jesus Christ who died, buried, and resurrected.

Love you!

So when it comes to the question:

All I know is that God desires for both parties to love each other, Agape love. There is Governing Authorities that are over us, such as supervisors, governing authorities (Cops), and things of that such. However when comes to living life (outside of church or inside if you do go to church) - Men and women should treat each other fairly and equally out of (Agape) Love, and not to control or manipulate, and have good will towards each other.

I do hope you understand, sir.

Love you!

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man attends seminary, and other men tell him what he thinks and believes, does this make that man a leader?
No , it often simply makes him lost . YOU should see what is getting taught in said seminary . ITS trash and dung
and dont hold your breath for an apology either . WE should have STUCK TO THE BIBLE . PEROID .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Paul meant out of turn. Being invited to speak is another matter.
NONE speak out of turn . No paul meant what he said . THE WOMEN ought not to be deacons , pastors or etc .
All may prophesy , but not all may teach and lead the church . ONLY men can do that . BUT EVEN THEY must be tested
as should any one who does speak a word . And if they contradict the biblical pattern , my advice is DONT BELIEVE a WORD they say
rather CORRECT THEM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the Bible's call and your marriage will be unbiblical from the start. What really doesn't matter is what you and your fiance' think if it goes against biblical principles. It's wrong.
Exactly . TWO LOST SOULS agreeing means naught . IT MUST AGREE with the biblical pattern . PEROID .
And again i say PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, something I have yet to mention, we have talked with our pastors at our Episcopal church and they have said they see nothing wrong with how our marriage will be. They have also said that all marriages are different and there is no one cookie cutter way to run one.
Those same churches tried to lead my dear sister astray . THEY GONNA SAY WHATEVER MAKES YA FEEL GOOD .
My dear sister KNEW They were wrong when they tried to sugar coat the fact that one has to BELIEVE IN JESUS .
Most these preachers these days are false as can be . THEY appease men , they do not stand for biblical truth PEROID .
ITS TIME WE GET IN THOSE BIBLES . DO BE ENCOURAGED . BUT ITS HIGH TIME we learn the biblical pattern for ourselves
and stop trusting in men who feed us our own desires .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those same churches tried to lead my dear sister astray . THEY GONNA SAY WHATEVER MAKES YA FEEL GOOD .
My dear sister KNEW They were wrong when they tried to sugar coat the fact that one has to BELIEVE IN JESUS .
Most these preachers these days are false as can be . THEY appease men , they do not stand for biblical truth PEROID .
ITS TIME WE GET IN THOSE BIBLES . DO BE ENCOURAGED . BUT ITS HIGH TIME we learn the biblical pattern for ourselves
and stop trusting in men who feed us our own desires .
That is right my dear brother. Let’s all open our bibles and learn them well. Praise the Lord.

Reactions: amigo de christo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I have faith in certain things, one being that God is perfect, and one that the Bible writers accurately quote God and Jesus.
Oh and the circle continues. But how do you decide which writers are true? Which ones are really quoting God? You have no foundation at all. Wishy Washy. You get to picke and choose what to believe. Good grief.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One must first ask what exactly do you mean by this question?

If a Man is standing in a long line of women at a church to buy something.... Can he say I'm a Man.... step aside women and let me in front of the line, I have authority over you....???
I Think NOT!!!

We can go into very dark areas of what men think about having Authority Over Women!

The question that no one is asking is... WHAT Authority do you men claim to have over Women???

1Co 11:5 But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. 7 For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.

Know this.... 1Co 11:5 was done in public and out loud in meetings... If a woman head was covered... She could preach/teach to you as Paul himself!!! As Jesus speaks through His body... not just men!!!

So fellow posters... Explain the Authority you think you have over Women... Explain how Jesus cannot or will not speak through His body... But only speak through special men like you!

I think we have a .... He-Man Woman-Haters Club... it was a neighborhood boys club founded by Spanky and compromising nearly all the boys in the club. Spanky founded the exclusive club as a defense against girls and Valentine's Day, but Alfalfa's heart was just not in it. His love for Darla keeps him from taking it seriously, but Spanky soon forces him to realize the bonds of brotherhood.

I think some here are like Spanky... and want to create something outside of scripture... Only letting Jesus speak through just them and... not the whole Body of the Christ !

Paul

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm refuting your asinine interpretation of what that means.

Bob Estey wrote, "Paul says women aren't supposed to speak in churches. Are you refuting Paul?" and you replied "No I'm refuting your asinine interpretation of what that means." But he didn't say what he meant, he was simply paraphrasing Paul.

1 Corinthians 14:33b-34a, "As in all the churches of the saints, the women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak."

I'm refuting your asinine interpretation of what he said.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bob Estey wrote, "Paul says women aren't supposed to speak in churches. Are you refuting Paul?" and you replied "No I'm refuting your asinine interpretation of what that means." But he didn't say what he meant, he was simply paraphrasing Paul.

1 Corinthians 14:33b-34a, "As in all the churches of the saints, the women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak."

I'm refuting your asinine interpretation of what he said.
@Jim B have you read the whole thread? If you have, you would know that @Bob Estey has included that to mean ministry of any kind. So kindly butt out if you don't know what you are talking about.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If a Man is standing in a long line of women at a church to buy something.... Can he say I'm a Man.... step aside women and let me in front of the line, I have authority over you....???
I Think NOT!!!

We can go into very dark areas of what men think about having Authority Over Women!

The question that no one is asking is... WHAT Authority do you men claim to have over Women???

1Co 11:5 But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. 7 For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.

Know this.... 1Co 11:5 was done in public and out loud in meetings... If a woman head was covered... She could preach/teach to you as Paul himself!!! As Jesus speaks through His body... not just men!!!

So fellow posters... Explain the Authority you think you have over Women... Explain how Jesus cannot or will not speak through His body... But only speak through special men like you!

I think we have a .... He-Man Woman-Haters Club... it was a neighborhood boys club founded by Spanky and compromising nearly all the boys in the club. Spanky founded the exclusive club as a defense against girls and Valentine's Day, but Alfalfa's heart was just not in it. His love for Darla keeps him from taking it seriously, but Spanky soon forces him to realize the bonds of brotherhood.

I think some here are like Spanky... and want to create something outside of scripture... Only letting Jesus speak through just them and... not the whole Body of the Christ !

Paul

Are you okay? Your post is angry and confused. What is all this nonsense? He-Man Woman-Haters Club... it was a neighborhood boys club founded by Spanky and compromising nearly all the boys in the club. Spanky founded the exclusive club as a defense against girls and Valentine's Day, but Alfalfa's heart was just not in it. His love for Darla keeps him from taking it seriously, but Spanky soon forces him to realize the bonds of brotherhood."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Yes, and visa versa.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and visa versa.

The “vise versa” is unbiblical.

“But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

But the worlds attitude towards God’s word is summed up in this verse:

“I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing.” (Hosea 8:12)

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you okay? Your post is angry and confused. What is all this nonsense? He-Man Woman-Haters Club... it was a neighborhood boys club founded by Spanky and compromising nearly all the boys in the club. Spanky founded the exclusive club as a defense against girls and Valentine's Day, but Alfalfa's heart was just not in it. His love for Darla keeps him from taking it seriously, but Spanky soon forces him to realize the bonds of brotherhood."

I was actually having fun... Yet actually used scripture to support my view... something you seemed to miss....

You on the other hand... YOU just acted like Joe Biden on CNN

I could not make your post look more Stupid if I actually tried!!!

Are your parents cousins?
Paul

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Think NOT!!!

Paul

Lol, well articulated.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain your authority...

Great question.

The first person to the burial of Christ on the third day, was Mary Magdelene I believe.

Paul addresses many times, about how his love for his women friends who also encouraged others in the Lord.