Do some come here to pontificate their Christian theology...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Patrick1966 - People come here for different reasons. As you say in the OP many come here just to pontificate but they don't leave, they just keep on pontificating.

There also those that come here mainly for fellowship, and to encourage or inspire.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Patrick1966 - People come here for different reasons. As you say in the OP many come here just to pontificate but they don't leave, they just keep on pontificating.

There also those that come here mainly for fellowship, and to encourage or inspire.

There are a lot of good people here, along with a few nutcases.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anybody who thinks they're ready as-is for Heaven is wildly hallucinating. We're ALL getting transformed before entering.

Listen,
The very instant a person is born again, ... the exact day they are saved..... they are "ready" for Heaven.

Christ's Cross has made them so.
How do you know?
Its because they have become a "Son/Daughter" of God., instantly. = "born again" as a 'new Creation". "in Christ".
How is it that you don't know anything about this at all, ?

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You "hallucinate" a lot of theology, according to your posts.

Listen,
The very instant a person is born again, ... the exact day they are saved..... they are "ready" for Heaven.

Christ's Cross has made them so.
How do you know?
Its because they have become a "Son/Daughter" of God., instantly. = "born again" as a 'new Creation". "in Christ".
How is it that you don't know anything about this at all, yet you claim to be a Christian...... Patrick1966 ?
Is it because a CULT has kept you hallucinating their theology or can you provide another reason that explains your bizarre theology?
Take it easy, @Behold.

Some folk have been raised in denominations that don't rightly divide the Word of Truth and are theologically disadvantaged as a result. That doesn't mean we can be rude to them, especially given numerous Biblical exhortations to edify one another in love.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Eph 4:29-32
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. (30) And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (31) Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. (32) And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Take it easy, @Behold.

Some folk have been raised in denominations that don't rightly divide the Word of Truth and are theologically disadvantaged as a result. That doesn't mean we can be rude to them,

I was being accurate.

Also based on your post, i understand that you see a Forum in a different light, then I do.
I see it as a place that can harm real believers, if people who are "suspect" "christians", (Can't understand the Cross or the Gospel) show up and park and preach what you refer to as "theologically disadvantaged", Cult doctrine.

This can harm weak believers, and ruin the faith of a new believer who didnt know that "Christian Forums" are the last place you want to go to try to learn something about the word of God, as ON A FORUM like this one, they are nothing but "prey" and "easy meat".

See, a new believer does not understand this, (do you yet) ?...... and they will show up and read crazy Cross denying cult teachings by people that you are wishing i'd hug and embrace.

Sorry.
No.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was being accurate.

Also based on your post, i understand that you see a Forum in a different light, then I do.
I see it as a place that can harm real believers, if people who are "suspect" "christians", (Can't understand the Cross or the Gospel) show up and park and preach what you refer to as "theologically disadvantaged", Cult doctrine.

This can harm weak believers, and ruin the faith of a new believer who didnt know that "Christian Forums" are the last place you want to go to try to learn something about the word of God, as ON A FORUM like this one, they are nothing but "prey" and "easy meat".

See, a new believer does not understand this, (do you yet) ?...... and they will show up and read crazy Cross denying cult teachings by people that you are wishing i'd hug and embrace.

Sorry.
No.
Promoting spiritual growth is the opposite of dominating, intimidating, manipulating, and seducing.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That sounds "spiritual".... congratulations..

But here is the thing...... Ive posted over 300 Threads on this Forum alone, that promote spiritual Growth, and i never try to "sound spiritual".

So, getting back to the actual discussion....

I was on a "christian" forum not so long ago, and a MOD came to my inbox, (this happens a lot).... about 3 days after i was there, and told me...

>>"Listen, all of this is just opinion.... none of us know what is really the right theology......we are all just guessing and so, you are no different".

Another time, another MOD said to me...>"The bible is written by men, who twisted it to suit their opinions, its not accurate, it can't be trusted"

See that?

Those are "forum Mods" telling me this...

Now, the question is......

Who is the bigger FOOL...
Is it the Mod or is it the person who hired them to be a Mod. >?

Do the math, and no matter how you add it up, thats "Of the Devil".

Welcome to "Christian Forums"., and some are worse than those 2.
Online Forums are a breeze for me compared to in-person gatherings under the auspices of Christian Fellowship.

Lip-service is paid to edification but failures are rife.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Online Forums are a breeze for me compared to in-person gatherings under the auspices of Christian Fellowship.

Lip-service is paid to edification but failures are rife.

As i said, i dont see a Christian Forum as a dinner on the ground or a type of Facebook or Twitter, experience.
Most probably do, but, that's not how i think.

What i see is broken Christianity all over Forums that is caused by really bad theology being taught.
I see good hearted people, with good intentions, who want to give God more, but they have been taught how to do nothing, instead.

See, its like this..
Jesus said..>"Apart from me, you can do NOTHING"...
And He means, that when you are existing in broken faith.... you can't escape your own flesh.

Its really heartbreaking to see so many who can't escape their spiritual bondage because they Trust what is wrong and then cause harm by teaching it.

And that is the Devil's job.
its His ministry to deceive and cause bondage and ruin.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As i said, i dont see a Christian Forum as a dinner on the ground or a type of Facebook or Twitter, experience.
Most probably do, but, that's not how i think.

What i see is broken Christianity all over Forums that is caused by really bad theology being taught.
I see good hearted people, with good intentions, who want to give God more, but they have been taught how to do nothing, instead.

See, its like this..
Jesus said..>"Apart from me, you can do NOTHING"...
And He means, that when you are existing in broken faith.... you can't escape your own flesh.

Its really heartbreaking to see so many who can't escape their spiritual bondage because they Trust what is wrong and then cause harm by teaching it.

And that is the Devil's job.
its His ministry to deceive and cause bondage and ruin.
Divisions are nothing new, but that doesn't mean anyone should make it their mission to cause divisions.

Rom_16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
1Co_1:10
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co_3:3
for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
1Co_11:18
For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Divisions are nothing new, but that doesn't mean anyone should make it their mission to cause divisions.

Then don't do that.
Don't be that one.

Instead, consider that a "christian" Forum should be a sanctuary, online, a safe haven..... vs a place for obvious cult members to enjoy teaching freely so that chaos always prevails.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then don't do that.
Don't be that one.

Instead, consider that a "christian" Forum should be a sanctuary, online, a safe haven..... vs a place for obvious cult members to enjoy teaching freely so that chaos always prevails.
Fruit of the Spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes.

Talking about one’s beliefs over and over again; leads to fortifying belief.

Having attested my views countless of times now.

The only decision that can be made is to seek out truth for yourself, by worshiping God in spirit and truth which he seeks for people to be doing so.

Loving God and loving others - even if they disagree with your view.

However if your actually influenced to check out the claims; history from writers of the first century are there still engraved in the essence of time to go and read and see if what Jesus said did come true for that time period or not through the hands of secular writers who wrote about the destruction of Jerusalem, by all means go check it out.

No one should be pressured, nor shunned in them not being a Christian just because of different views.

Everyone is a work in progress and new Christian’s who are not taught properly aren’t sure what to believe other than what someone else teaches from a pulpit.

What makes a Christian is when the fruit of the spirit love is seen which signifies in being Christ disciple.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been doing the forum thing for about 20 years now. The Internet (and especially forums about religion) attract the disaffected, the lonely, those who can't get along with others in a face-to-face church, those who have unorthodox beliefs, the anti-establishment types, those who have an axe to grind, single-issue guys, those who think they have a message to share with the world...

homer-end-is-near1.jpg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m just glad to not be doing meth and be alive @Lambano.

No need to prove anything my life will be over before to long;

Just hope to make God pleased by faith extended from within belief and trusting him; while trying to live by loving God first and others.

That’s all anyone has

Their breath , their life which will be taken one day. Enjoy it while one can living for God and loving others through the pain with the strength of the spirit of Christ being with you .